Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

Great place to work where i learned a lot.
Loss Prevention/Safety Investigator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work for where i learned a lot about accident investigations and safety. Management was questionable but my department manager was very helpful and pushed me to learn. Workplace culture was good. Would recommend to someone else who is looking for warehouse packaging work.
Pros
Laid back, Fun
Cons
Pay, Hours
A sinking ship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2017
Neiman Marcus is struggling, they won't go public, have millions upon millions of debt, within the next few years the company will fold. I was hired with the promise of earning $80,000+ a year, the most I made was $28,700. where are all these good reviews coming from? Very shady.
Pros
Cons
Pay, snobby co workers
Work load is a lot, fun, mixed culture.
Sales (Former Employee) –  River Oaks, TXJanuary 21, 2017
I loved the environment and variety of people. I would help with sales of shoes. Help ganitoral when needed cleaning windows and glass containers that hold jewelry. I also would help with clothes hanging up and placing clothes out on the floor.
Pros
Environment, people, good experience
Cons
Little hours
Sales Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I love the store itself. I am a shopper so I was always aware of the products to ensure that the customers get the best of service. I learned how to work face to face with customers and appreciate their service of business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Holiday rush
Porfessional atmosphere with amazing staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2017
The staff at NM always made coming to work feel like I wasn't working at all. Overall great staff and management. Plus who doesn't love a discount????
Pros
Discounts, Staff
Cons
Short breaks
Very flexable
Stock Associate lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2017
This is a great company it's very flexable down side is the hours are not vary. Great benefits nice and friendly people, I would definitely recommend this job
Productive and fun work place
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 12, 2017
a typical day at Neiman Marcus is being able to sale, you have to be competitive. You have to sale a certain about every month. Each month it gets higher. Most enjoyable part of the job is proving good customer service
Pros
healthcare
Cons
base pay rate
Busy
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Neiman Marcus Online is a very fast paced working environment. Being on the phones 8 hours a day and then moving to chats/emails is a challenging position. I learned to prioritize what needed to be done. And the best part of Neiman Marcus Online was being able to work from home.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Having to go into the call center
great
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 12, 2017
management was very attentive to need of employees. Great team work and communication. Very competitive environment since was on commission
Productive workplace
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Fantastic company to work with, benefits are great.
treats their employees fairly.
Management always has an open door policy.
Company stresses team playing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
company does not reimburse for monthly parking

Want to know more about Neiman Marcus?

Ask a question
Enjoyable workplace with Seasonal Work Events
Sales Associate Men's Sportswear (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work maintaining Department Appearance and Inventory. Going over to daily morning meetings for product knowledge update(new merchandise). Improving my clientele book by building relationship with new clients. Being thoughtful of clients when new products come in the store. Making sure the clients come in the store to introduce new products. Home delivery for products if needed.

I learned how to be thoughtful of my clients as they value you when you remember them for specific products or occasion.

The most enjoyable part of the job are themed events that store hosts to introduce the new products to clients or for promotion purposes.
Pros
Events, Commission
it was a good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2017
overall i enjoyed myself work was tedious and somedays felt very overworked. i did not get the full experience at working at this warehouse because i was seasonal
Fun & energetic!!!
Sales Associate for Designer Jewelry (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Working at Neiman overall was an amazing experience. The culture and ambiance was very open, conserved but still open enough where you could express yourself. They set high goals for us, making our numbers every month. Made sure we used our I-Sell to contact our clients whenever we had promotions or events going on. The employees are very pleasant and outgoing, the ages varied. Seling jewelry is tough, just because i think its very personable. Engaging and closing the deal was 50/50 I'd have to say. But for the farmost I had a great time working for the company. Now the only problem I had about the store, slow traffic. Not so busy which I found very tedious! The store had its days. I really applied to work in fragrance and I was hoping I'd get an open position but no Luck!.

I believe if you're working with a customer you want to make sure you're giving them a fun and best experience. You want to build a relationship with them where its not to personal, fun but still business! Professionalism is always key!
Pros
The discounts. The events. Free Lunches sometimes.
Cons
The flexibility is hard, and the benefits weren't so good either!
High hopes dashed
Receiving lead (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 8, 2017
You hear the name Neiman Marcus and the initial thought is top shelf. Maybe at the full line stores, but Last Call is a disaster. Ineptitude at corporate is overwhelming. My operations manager was unable to train me at my job because she was not properly trained in hers. I hold on to hope that things will improve. Here is the irony. I have always wanted to work for a privately owned company. Now that I am at one I wish there were shareholders for leadership to be accountable to.
Workplace for work for home associates
Customer Care Specialist Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2017
An normal day at work, was challenging and a breeze. Will check the quota of calls we will be receiving. Check my emails and live chats from customers or employees. Reevaluate my log in and calls, and also correct misplaced orders and fills. Log in to avaya and answer calls from our loyal customers.

I learned how to give 100% customer care and listening skills. How to properly organize our companies files and order.

Management was on time with complaints and issues done on order or website.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with escalated calls or when the companies website was done. Had to manually put in customer accounts and orders.

I enjoyed working with a diversity of customers from different countries. Being updated with new fashions and sales on a day to day basics.
Pros
updated call levels and fashions
Cons
short breaks and impossible call standards
excellent work place
Visual manager/lead (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 4, 2017
great management
great culture
awesome place felt like a family
great team work and team support
it was great working for this company because it allowed me to express to my fullest to push the boundries
Flexible scheduling but management not consistent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The company has been great to work for going through college but in my time at Neiman Marcus Last Call, I saw many opening for coworkers to advance through the company but instead they stayed where they were and the company hired from without.
Pros
Nice break time, flexible scheduling
Cons
Poorly managed
Great job loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 1, 2017
Great job worked here for some time . Didn't want to leave but life got hard after a accident with an 18 wheeler and they wouldn't work with my therapy
Pros
Discount
High end retailer
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 26, 2016
Working for NM is the best experience I've had. Our customers are full of creativity and passion for designer fashion. The company offers great benefits such as 401k, health, medical and visual insurance. work-life balance has never been a struggle to get. Great training, great corporate support.
Great work environment and friendly workers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 22, 2016
I loved the workers and the work environment. The workers were always well taken care of with nice breakrooms, employee events, holidays off and great compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neiman Marcus. Our community is ready to answer.