Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work place with a positive enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 9, 2016
Providing excellent customer service would be my typical day at work.

I like to look for new ways of improving a task, communication with the customers, and teamwork,so these values are important in my opinion.

Working together as a team with my managers is important to me.

Meeting goals with my co-works and everyone smiling and happy.

The hardest part of the job is when the goals are not met.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be to create a positive environment and our goals are met in the higher percentage of consistency.
Pros
Having a job that is enjoyable
Cons
I have no cons because I turn them into pros.
Fun, creative workplace when economical times were good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2016
Typical day: opening/closing registers, assisting customers, using iphone to contact clients on a daily basis.

Learned a lot about high end retail products and services.

Management: Some of the Management staff leading all the way up to the Executive ones could be bullies or mean girls, very childish and unprofessional. The store morale really went down when they brought in a new HR manager. There was a lot of making friends with other associates, picking favorites in which this person did not try to hide it also bullying the ones she did not like. Oh, and if you had a problem with your paycheck, gosh for bid you needed her assistance. If you were missing a day on your check she would just brush you off saying it would be added on your next one which would be in two weeks. I have never worked with such a horrible HR person before in my life. Yeah, it was bad, but EH, don't just take my word for it.
Pros
Pretty fair hours for retail; Decent co workers;discounts
Cons
Unrealistic goals;healthcare benefits;no return policy;
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
I can find nothing good to say about NM LastCall. Well there were a few people that were ok to work with. This is a pit stop job. Used. Abused. Ignored. Favoritism. No benefits. No growth. Teenagers may like it. Adults, RUN!
Pros
N/A
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Awesome job
Merchandising and Stocking (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, IL 60031June 3, 2016
I learned that being a team player all can conquer their goals. I enjoyed the work space and the employee appreciation week.
Pros
The work environment and the coworkers
Cons
The job was through a temp agency
It is great company 4 star
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neiman Marcus Honolulu, HawaiiJune 2, 2016
Typical day at work is fun most people are pleasant.
I learned a lot in communicating better with clients that needed attention in how to dress up for the occasion etc.
Management where I work somewhat okay, due to some favoritism management destroyed the quality of work environment.
Sales Associate are great,but the nature of commission basis sometimes ruin the relationship between co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is keeping the sales going up and up, but it's fun, because a sales associate could earn more.
It is enjoyable whenever we reach our goal our manager would treat us for some sweets, and company give bonuses to some sales associates who reached the goal.
Pros
Company provides free coffee and donuts once a week
Cons
no comment
Very Strict, Old Fashioned place
Door Greeter, Cashier, Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2016
I come in and I immediately stand outside as the door greeter in a suit for 7 hours a day, or I would be at cashier handling sales.
Pros
Great Dressing, proffesional
Cons
Boring, overly strict, low hours
Productive place
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2016
Unload the pallet and process merchandise. Make mark downs on merchandise if required. Pick and send out customer orders. Keep clean and safe inventory area.
assisting customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2016
Explaining why someone has not received a credit for their return.

The hardest part is trying to explain to the customer why their bill has certain charges
Productive and fun workplace.
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2016
The work could be slow at times and they had very high turn around with very little job security. Other than that it was a fun place to work.
Interesting work environment with new client interactions daily and first hand looks at fashions current high end merchandise.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of contacting all clientele with information about active services or ongoing store events and meeting with clients or walk ins to sell the latest in high end fashion. I learned how to manage multiple client accounts and accommodate to meeting the expectations of our high end clients so they will be satisfied with their luxury shopping experience. The management was there when you needed support and handled all our vendor meetings providing current fashion insights to allows us better selling information. The coworkers were confident in their ability to sell and yet remained fairly helpful surprisingly in a strictly commission environment. The hardest part of the job is trying to make daily sales goals when business is slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was having first hand access to all the latest high end merchandise and experience working with celebrities and designers.
Loved it
Customer Care Representative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2016
I loved working here! I wish my job wasn't temporary. Everyone was so nice, and the job itself was actually fun. People calling to shop, what can get any better!
Pros
management, co-workers
Cons
n/a
awesome store
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMay 9, 2016
it was cool and interesting to see how a corporate company is run. There are so many rules. awesome brands, but not the best styles to choose from
Working for Neiman Marcus
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise FLMay 9, 2016
I have been with this company for almost 14 years, When I first started working for the Company it was a great, you loved coming in to work, but times have changed, owners have changed and its not the same company that I started working for years ago. The management team who I work with arey great, and are also willing to help you when needed. The benefits are really good and you get paid vacations, but since the cut our hours like a lot of companies the moral has gone way down, we are short staffed, and we are overwhelmed. I understand cutbacks I have worked in retail for a really long time. Overall I have to say working for this company I have learned a lot and have grown over the years they truly do train you really well. To be with a company for as long as I have should say something about this company and that they do have quite a few employees that have stayed with the company a long time. Unfortunatly I need more hours then what I am working so I am trying to find something else.I would definitly recommend someone for this company if they are looking for a job that is part time or short hours. Like I said it is a good company, but I need more hours, So I am looking to move on.
Pros
great benenfits.
Day to Day
National Repair Center Lead (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 6, 2016
Over all it is okay.
Just like any other corporation you have your pros and cons.
I have improved my customer service skills, communication, and computer skills.
Convenient location to travel
Purchasing Card Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
A typical work day was fun and exciting, especially when it came to helping the customers. I learned several accounting skills such as running and producing reconciliations based on a trial balance. Management had their perks. They made sure if you did not know how to do a task pertaining to your job, you were trained. The co-workers were fun to be around. The team building atmosphere made working easier. The hardest part of my job was finding a breaking point when it came to assignments. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the customers.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Tuition Reimbursement is unsatisfactory
Challenging work atmosphere
LOSS PREVENTION INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2016
Day to day tasks change and provide for fantastic opportunities to challenge how you approach situations presented. I have enjoyed not knowing what to expect from each day.
Pros
Strong Management that support the team atmosphere
Cons
Not the best benefits
Dedicated Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
Employees have excellent comradery and make days fun! Management isn't the best as they set employees up to fail. The build false expectations and lie to lure you in and once you're employed you soon realize the promise are all false.

The fact Neiman Marcus has no policy regarding refunds makes it difficult for employees to survive financially. Due to the commission policy employees are constantly living in arears having to reimburse the company for returned merchandise.
Pros
Coleagues
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed making sure orders were complete and accounted for. The holiday seasons were extemely busy. It was a great experience.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Servicing customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 21, 2016
Assisting the customers with orders, billing information. Getting to know the new arrival items and learning how to handle complicated situations
Pros
learning new knowledge
Cons
hours
Great place to work in fashion!
Stylist/Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 21, 2016
A company that encourages a high level of customer service and professionalism which develops all employees thoroughly.