Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

very nice company
Work From Home Customer Care Represenative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
neiman marcus is an outstanding company. they provide good benefits and good training. they are very lenient. sometimes i lacked guidance from supervisors and lunches are only 30 minutes.
Nice Environment
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 27, 2015
Very nice and pleasant environment. The atmosphere was friendly enjoyed helping the staff and customers. I learned a lot from the staff, making sure the customer was satisfied made my day move very smooth.
Convenient with being able to work from home.
Customer Service Representative/Work from Home (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this nice company! Works with scheduling when something comes up unexpected and very understanding.
Good Company to work for
Shipping Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 20, 2015
At Neiman Marcus the employees are great to work with. I have learned alot from my manager. The employee benefits are not that great but the people are awesome.
Great job
Women's Career and Dresses Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2015
It was a great learning experience and opportunity to access luxury retail. I personally would recommend company to others who want to move up in the company and actively work towards it.
Great place to get experience in retail advertising
Advertising Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: great people, good work/life balance
Cons: healthcare, clickish behavior, management needs work
My experience at Neiman Marcus was a good one. I did have a very bad manager at one point but my next manager was great.There can be some 'clickish' behavior, but over all I had some great coworkers and learned so much. Just like any work environment, you have to take the good with the bad. My work/home life balance was good there. Benefits are just o.k. My main issue was it was hard for me to advance within the company.
Very great company to work for
Dialer/Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: able to move around in different departments
Cons: short lunch break
My typical day is either taking inbound or making outbound calls
majority of my day I also send out emails and answer customers emails regarding the order they have placed on our website. I have learned time management everything you do counts and is graded. I enjoy the employees as well we are a great team! There is nothing really hard about my job now that I been doing it for three years. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make the customer happy and always have us in mind when wanting to shop.
Great place to work. High expectations; work hard and be professional and a team player.
Assistant Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 13, 2015
Excellent work/life balance. Competitive pay. Upscale specialty retail with clients that appreciate superior customer service. Great retail hours.
productive and enjoyable work place at Donna's Fragrances & gifts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: being my own boss
Cons: N/A
Day to day operation. Order merchandise, inventory, management advertisement, phone orders and shipping etc. Overall it was very enjoyable and productive.
A dream place to work and be surrounded by beautiful and high-end fashion.
Department Manager (Former Employee), HonoluluMay 12, 2015
Pros: Incentives and fabulous employee discounts.
Challenges a management member to be creative in driving the department's sale's goals. One needs to be at her best at all times because the employees and customers are very professional. A great work environment for any fashion lover!
fairly fast pace environment always busy. learned to be detailed. my coworkers and management I like. hardest part of my job is not enough hours .
lrc processor vendor returns (Current Employee), Longview, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: salvage sales and work environment
Cons: no overtime
fast pace, learned to be detailed management i like my coworkers are ok. hardest part of my job is not enough time in the day. i enjjoy staying busy.
Flexibility but no upper movement
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 6, 2015
Neiman Marcus is a great company to work for however the management team seems to lack a sense of urgency to develop their employees to their fullest. Work/ life balance is average, would expect a much niche community within the company however it feels as if your on your own.
Not the worst place I've worked for but definitely not the best.
Children's World - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great hours, occasional free breakfast
Cons: Job is very overpromised, boring
I think Neiman Marcus's biggest problem is that they are very over staffed. There were days where I wouldn't make a single sale because clients were greeted and infiltrated before they even made it to my department. There are many things that sets Neiman's aside from other retail stores, but the biggest one I seemed to have difficulty dealing with was that there was a team for everything. Visual, marketing, custodial, loss prevention, etc. Sales associates had exactly one job to do, sell, and because of the over staffing there would be many days you're left standing around twiddling your thumbs. That may sound like a dream for some, to go to a job where you don't have to do anything, but most associates are paid on commission, so you're not making the living you were promised in orientation and interviews. There are only so many phone calls and emails you can send to clients and other peoples clients, if you run out of work, other associates will often go tattle to management, that you aren't doing anything, to make themselves look better. It's high school drama at it's absolute finest.
ok but not great
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee), Las Colinas, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Bad Management
This job is ok but if you are looking for a career..this is not it. There is no equal opportunity for associates. They rather higher outside the job then to give the tenured associates a opportunity to develop in all aspects within the company.
The best store to work for in retail and the best Customer Service
Sales Associate The Men's Store (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: beautiful environment, customers, co-workers, perks
Cons: poor management, even though they have goal recognition monthly, there is really no job appreciation.
Love the customers, co-workers. Company enhanced Salespeople's opportunities, by giving them the ability to use current social media tools, such as iPhone/ipad products and the ability to inter-department sell throughout the store.
Poor management, low employee morale.
Passion for Fashion & Service
Creed Product Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Beautiful work environment, Sales Incentives, Gratis
Cons: No commission
• A typical day at work included educating customers about merchandise while delivering helpful service, cultivating lasting relationships with customers, maintaining displays of merchandise, connecting with customers for special in-store events.

• I learned that delivering thoughtful, gracious, and helpful service is what differentiates one brand from another.

• Management in the store was able to use available resources efficiently and effectively in order to help associates accomplish their sales goals.

• Each of my co-workers possessed a strong work ethic and high standards which allowed them to garner respect and support from coworkers and customers alike.

• The hardest part of my job was ensuring that sales were not lost regardless of the availability of a particular piece of merchandise.

• The most enjoyable part of my job was bringing a smile to a clients face when I was able to surpass their expectations.
Clients are great, the store itself was a great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 24, 2015
The management of the department at the time was hard to work for. An ability to advance was made available that worked better with my schedule but the department manager would not allow me to leave her department because of my sales history and clientele being so high. It was a smart business move on her end, but was ultimately the reason I had to leave as the schedule became too taxing.
Working in the distribution center was horrible!!
Returns Department (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2015
Neiman Marcus was one of the worst company's I had ever worked for, I worked here years ago but when I did I was grateful to at least have a job but the pay, benefits, and the work environment was horrible!! It was also very clear that the warehouse employees were treated differently, glad I left when I did because I would never see myself advancing in this company in any way!
A fast paced place that has a lot going on.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: The people are nice and enjoyable to be around.
A good place to work with benefits and 401K. My day starts with unloading a truck hat has four to five pallets of merchandise a day and then we check the shipment with a receiving report, unpack the boxes and get the merchandise out. We make sure that each piece of clothing is steamed and has the appropriate tag with the SKU and price.
great company
Ready-To-Wear/Couture Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 18, 2015
great company has a lot of opportunities in different position and a tremendous amount of connections. Has a lot in stored for the right employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more

Neiman Marcus Salaries