Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

challenging, fun place to work
Customer Servie/Cashier (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 31, 2015
Helping customers in a friendly and energetic fashion.
Meeting weekly and monthly goals. Good team of coworkers.
Pleasant work environment.
typical day at work
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed packing with other employees and answering questions that trainees had. I would pack for a couple hours and then when the volume was high i would move to a different department to clear out work and make jams and the lines was clear. To keep the production going and for employees to keep there production numbers.
Very high end department store
Sales in all departments. (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 28, 2015
While at Neiman Marcus I worked in every department throughout the store. Assisted customers on a one-to-one basis. Opened new accounts and met daily sales quota.
Great Place
Account Manager/Product Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2015
Excellent Place To Build a Career/ Great Stepping Stone for other careers. Worked for 2 years. I would've not left if I had to get a job in my field.
Inability to advance from within
Sales Associate Contemporary Department (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
very competitive work environment. Employees work against each other making a hostile work environment. I enjoyed the ability to build a very large clientele base. I was able to develop friendships with my customers while maintaining a professional relationship.
Interesting job with leading luxury retailer
CUSP Personal Stylist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Great selling tools, company phone, nice sales incentives & perks, discounts
Cons: very slow at times, shaky management, high return rates, competition
Big focus on clientele and building business. Can be very slow at times. Very friendly coworkers despite the mean and snoody misconceptions. Great perks and sales incentives. Pretty good benefits. Mid-high turn over rate in management.
Productive very friendly staff and management
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: fun loving enviornment
Cons: no cons
Fun determined mind set working at Nieman Marcus, very supportive management , and very friendly staff . I love the everyday energy and the help each and everyone at Nieman Marcus offered.
high challenge level for commission based sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free gift cards, employee discounts
Cons: standing all day, dealing with rude co-workers and customers
challenging environment with constant new ways to sell introduced by the company, high stress levels, hard on feet because always standing.

Co-workers can be cut throat and sharks...

Hardest part of job is the returns and standing all day long

Most enjoyable part is meeting nice people and making them happy with their purchases

Management is so-so
A fast-paced and exciting environment that allows you to learn about the fashion world everyday.
ACCESSORIES SPECIALIST/DESIGNER HANDBAGS (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Management, flexible work schedule, gratis, bonus.
Cons: Healthcare, work weekends, work holidays.
Enjoyable work place. A company that values customer service and their employees. Always provides recognition for hard work and efforts. Management is approachable and allows you to provide and suggest and new ideas. Constantly learning about the latest fashion trends.
The very best of high-end retail
Management/Marketing (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Being there
Cons: The prices, sometimes
Since being born in Dallas, TX, I've had the privilege of following the expansion and point of view of Neiman's for quite a while before working for them. The bottom line, is that they deliver completely on their high end reputation in all areas.
One of the best companies in retail.
Luxury Sales Training Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Discount, clientele
Cons: schedule, commissioned base, black out dates
Retail is a tough industry to work in when it comes to work/life balance and schedule. However Neiman Marcus is one of the better companies to work for. The benefits and discount are fair.

The challenge in this line of work is the room for advancement and it's 100% commission base.
Cool job
Returns Processor (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 6, 2015
I like working for the company. The benefits are cool and I love the fact they value their employees very much. They are willing to work with your schedule.
Smoke and Mirrors
Executive Services Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 5, 2015
This is an okay company to work for if you are completely about the corporate lifestyle. Easy to move up to a certain point.
ok
BOC (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 4, 2015
Cons: no advancement opportunities
I have no good things to say about working here, It's a job. The supervisors do not encourage you to move up and hold you back from promotions.
Great Company
Merchandise Order Filler/Puller (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great location.
Cons: Great place to work, great people.
Great place to work, benefits are great, supervisors, managers, HR everybody just great warm atmosphere to work. Great location right on the DART busline.
Learnig about merchandising
Asst. Manager/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2015
Pros: exciting and fun
Cons: not any
Everyday was an interesting day. Leadership, listening, guiding, inventory, scheduling and working with a diverse culture.
Advancement can be difficult
WFH assoicate (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 2, 2015
Co workers are friendly and times passes by fast due to the different seasons involving retail. The company does not keep up with the latest technology.
amusing and nice personal.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Yes, I have free breakfast with store manager
I learned time management during this job. I enjoyed interface with customers and co-workers. The most enjoyable part was be involved with fashion, this was fun. I need more challenging and use my knowledge which I learned before.
Refreshing to go to work everyday
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Selling throughout the Store
Cons: Commission based only
. Typical day is check call list, tidy stock and fill if necessary, call and greet customers, demonstrate products
. Learned better business management skills to improve personal productivity.
. Management – more... open-minded, innovative and supportive
. Co-workers competitive but cordial and respectful.
. Hardest part of job was standing all day .
. Most enjoyable part of the job....meeting new clients, and greeting existing ones...and showing up each day in a beautiful store. – less
fun workplace
Replinishment Associate(Temporary) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: fun and fast paced
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I enjoyed working for Neiman Marcus. It was fast paced, but enjoyable. The atmosphere was that of a positive nature. The supervisors were very supportive and care about us.
Employees