Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to build personality and work ethic.
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2016
A huge part of my character and charisma now is due greatly to the work environment in Neiman Marcus. Between the personality of coworkers to the personality of customers. Neimans was great with work hours and benefits. As long as i was on top of my responsibilities no one was on top of me. However management i would say was the only issue i had because it was never consistent there were new managers followed by different management styles every few months or so making it hard to keep up to date with everyone's requirements.
Pros
Free Lunches/Gift Cards, 3 breaks in 8 hour shift, Reasonable Workloads
Cons
Terrible advancement opportunities for Operation Crew
Exemplary Store
Customer Service/Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 24, 2016
The environment while fast paced, and heavily sales driven was a unique place to work. One of the finest retail establishments in the country. Like most jobs, there was a mix of managers and employees, but for the most part 90% of the staff and 99% of the management team were always on hand to assist.

Keeping customers from making returns, in the ever changing fashion world.

It was an overall pleasant work experience.
Pros
decent benefits and an opportunity to make some great sales.
Cons
The difficulty of keeping sales.
A nice place to work
Business Manager/ Natura Bisse skincare (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 8, 2016
For the most part I feel very well taken care of at Neiman Marcus. They care about their employees, offer a competitive wage, and good benefits. The only down side is that there is not a lot of room for growth. I sometimes feel like my talents are underused.
Pros
Employee appreciation days, store discount, luxury environment.
Cons
Little room for growth
Not enough traffic
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Not enough walk in traffic from tourists, and repeat clients don't appreciate getting phone calls about new merch/promotions. The dress code is laid back as is the management of my particular location. I feel that there should be more incentive and a higher commission along with more praise for good sales, it would motivate much more than just sales alone.
Pros
co-workers are wonderful and unique
Cons
too slow paced
Work Environment
Loss Prevention Investigator/Operations (Former Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 30, 2015
It is a good company to get your foot into the door for future opportunities. There are some quality managers and great employees in various departments. Work/life balance is fair depending on the department. Managers are willing to work and train you.Poor Compensation and raises.There is not much opportunity to grow in company.
Pros
Great Co-workers, discounts, Managers
Cons
No growth, poor hours, poor benefits
Only talented/successful people apply for fast pace environment
Designated Sales Associate in Men's Fine Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Fast, energetic and mostly fun place to work. Upper management was terrific. Co-workers were good competitive people with their families in mind. There were no typical days means every day was a wonderful new challenge. Great restaurant on main floor made lunch very easy to get. The hardest part of the job was fellow employees getting too competitive...:) but things always seemed to work out.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
working with customers
Lack of lidership.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 17, 2016
Stay away from this company. You are a partimer but in the bussy season they want you to work 50+hours mandatory. If you are pretty and you like to kiss management behind you have an opportunity of advancement other wise forget it. There is so much favoritism for a few people and really bad treatment for other. Believe me when I tell you to stay away from this place.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
No advancement
A Caring, Goal and team orientated company.
Loss Prevention Lead Investigator (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 18, 2016
Maintaining building security whilst detecting and apprehending shoplifters, fraud suspects, and ticket switching suspects. I have learned management skills while being the Lead investigator working directly with the Loss Prevention Manager to help reduce shrink, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is the cross training, I enjoy always learning and expanding my options to further my career in the security field.
OST associate
Temporary OST Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 29, 2016
Management was really bad , always felt rushed and the manager was really bad at managing time, human resources are liars and so is the manager , compensation is decent , people who worked there were so loving and caring thats the only thing i loved about working there.
Pros
Compensation and co-workers
Cons
Management & HR
Poor Management
Support Associate/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 9, 2016
Worked here five years, management is poorly communicated. benefits expensive to employee. Salary poor as well. Hard to move up. company on shaky grounds.
Pros
free coffee
A great place to work
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2015
Worked with Management in all departments and was the main contact for Neiman's Customer Service nationwide. Neiman's has a very good reputation for treating their employees fairly. After seven years with the company I was layed off on September 30th, I hold no bad feelings as I enjoyed working with the management, co-workers and I really liked my job. I would recommend Neiman's to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Supportive managers
Cons
No much advancement in the Company
Excellent work etics, Strives for excellent cliental
Business offiice (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 29, 2015
A typical day at Neiman Marcus is always like grand opening, ready for business. The staff treats every one like family, from the cashiers all the way to management. I have been in retail for a period of 10 plus years, but Neiman Marcus have definitely paved the way for my career, helping me understand not just more about customer service but opening the path for me with accounting. Neimans helped me understand where I wanted to go in life. Guiding me and giving me the proper teaching and training along with the tools to do my job.
fun
Host (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJFebruary 19, 2016
a great place to work great benefits vacation time , builds responsibility co workers a very friendly management is great
Pros
cafe right in store
Awful work environment
LOSS PREVENTION AND INTERNAL / EXTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2016
This was a high stress job with very high stress staff. The compensation was not worth the over all job itself. This is no some place to create a career.
Neiman
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 16, 2015
As a product specialist have to preform facials, Oxygen machine for skin, standing for 7 hours, not a lot of help from management,
and they just let 20 people go.....that's not a company I have faith in.
Order product, conduct events, send emails, etc. I've worked in other sectors, but the way they care less about their employees, wow, it's not admirable. There needs to be more of a balance.
Moral is not good.....and I'd like to work in a happier atmosphere.
Pros
Once and awhile you meet nice people, and love skincare
Cons
No advancement, standing for 7 hours on tile, is hard on your body, bad management
so much drama at this company.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 20, 2016
i felt like i was back in high school with the way i was treated, if you are not in favor with the upper management they would not help. i constantly had to go to my supervisor with issues on one particular co worker who would not do anything, would disappear to talk with their mother who also worked for the company instead of doing the job they were getting paid to do. There was always so drama some crisis that happened. it really felt like the company did not care at all about how the company was running. i could not understand how a high end retail job that had such a great reputation could be so unprepared, coordinated, unhelpful, and uncaring. I was totally put off by everyone i met and interacted with.
Pros
great beniefts
Cons
horrible place to work!
It is great company 4 star
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neiman Marcus Honolulu, HawaiiJune 2, 2016
Typical day at work is fun most people are pleasant.
I learned a lot in communicating better with clients that needed attention in how to dress up for the occasion etc.
Management where I work somewhat okay, due to some favoritism management destroyed the quality of work environment.
Sales Associate are great,but the nature of commission basis sometimes ruin the relationship between co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is keeping the sales going up and up, but it's fun, because a sales associate could earn more.
It is enjoyable whenever we reach our goal our manager would treat us for some sweets, and company give bonuses to some sales associates who reached the goal.
Pros
Company provides free coffee and donuts once a week
Cons
no comment
I got to work in a very pleasant environment and with a lot of beautiful women.
Sales Associate/Casual Men's Apparel Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2016
I went to work for Neiman Marcus for one reason. It is a very high-end retail business and I figured I could meet a business/bank owner or executive and get back into banking. I actually made very good money. You can make six figures working there as a sales representative. I wasn't there long enough to do that but I was developing those kinds of clients that would get me there. Neiman Marcus is a very well run retail establishment and i could have had a successful career with them but I wasn't interested in retail clothing. My plan worked as one day a person I once worked with at Victoria Bank and Trust came into the store. and, when he saw me, asked me, "What in the world are you doing working here?" I replied, "I was waiting for someone like you to come in and help me get back to banking."
Pros
Nice working conditions.
Cons
It just wasn't the type of sales and industry that I liked.
Productive work place with a positive enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 9, 2016
Providing excellent customer service would be my typical day at work.

I like to look for new ways of improving a task, communication with the customers, and teamwork,so these values are important in my opinion.

Working together as a team with my managers is important to me.

Meeting goals with my co-works and everyone smiling and happy.

The hardest part of the job is when the goals are not met.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be to create a positive environment and our goals are met in the higher percentage of consistency.
Pros
Having a job that is enjoyable
Cons
I have no cons because I turn them into pros.
Fun, creative workplace when economical times were good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2016
Typical day: opening/closing registers, assisting customers, using iphone to contact clients on a daily basis.

Learned a lot about high end retail products and services.

Management: Some of the Management staff leading all the way up to the Executive ones could be bullies or mean girls, very childish and unprofessional. The store morale really went down when they brought in a new HR manager. There was a lot of making friends with other associates, picking favorites in which this person did not try to hide it also bullying the ones she did not like. Oh, and if you had a problem with your paycheck, gosh for bid you needed her assistance. If you were missing a day on your check she would just brush you off saying it would be added on your next one which would be in two weeks. I have never worked with such a horrible HR person before in my life. Yeah, it was bad, but EH, don't just take my word for it.
Pros
Pretty fair hours for retail; Decent co workers;discounts
Cons
Unrealistic goals;healthcare benefits;no return policy;