Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

Nice Place
Returns Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time here, but It is time to move on.
Management here doesn't care about morale.
They let you get away with anything if you have sonority.
Good place to work.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 23, 2016
The people are amazing and the job is easy. The pay is okay but not great and more importantly the advancement opportunities are few and far between. As far as sales, not recommended for beginner sales jobs. Loss prevention is more auditing than anything else.
Enjoyable, fast paced, pleasant, well managed enviornment
Lead Sales Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVSeptember 22, 2016
My typical day at work included merchandise display, organization,inventory and overall customer service and sales. I knew nothing about retail sales when I started at Neiman Marcus but by the time our store closed I had a very clear and full knowledge of working in a retail store. I learned everything from individual depts., to vendor retailers, merchandising,, ordering inventory, stocking inventory, displaying inventory. Our management team was great. I initially was hired as a Sales Associate but was promoted to Sales Lead based upon my proven ability to perform my duties professionally and efficently. The management team taught me, and encouraged me to reach and exceed sales goals. The hardest part of the job was the last 4 mos. working to the end of the store closing. I enjoyed all aspects of my job but would have to say working with customers was the best part.
Good
Solutions Architect/Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Neiman-Marcus is an American luxury specialty department store owned by the Neiman Marcus Group, headquartered in Dallas, Texas and I’m part of the Global Wintel Team handling the complete Windows and VMware infrastructure spreading over 150+ stores across US with 500 ESXi servers and over 1500 VM’s
Excellent place
Account Manager Supervisor & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 19, 2016
Team and family oriented atmosphere. Plenty of room for advancement. Nice management team. Loved working closely with customers and assisting them with all of their customer service needs or concerns.
Great benefits for managment, not so much hourly associates
Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 9, 2016
Great place to work I was able to get several promotions, but on my 6th year the company went through 2 reorganizations and had to let a lot of associates go and made a lot more work for other associates and management. Most of the staff was not happy anymore. Job security became a big question.
Pros
flexible hours, good benefits, bonus
Cons
Pay, especially for hourly associates, budget
Very nice work environment, with benefits. Time off was an issue
Receiving/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Working at Neiman Marcus provided me with the tools of learning Shipping and Receiving. While also having me work with very polite and knowledgeable associates, but a negative was the lack of opportunity for advancement to management. A difficult part of the job was the trying to juggle workloads such as transfers, units, FedEx deliveries and UPS deliveries as well, but as a whole the minus the negatives for someone starting out it is a great work environment.
It was a good place to work!
Retail & Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 8, 2016
Few issues but over all a really good place to work and great pay. I really think that anyone would love to work there simply because of the fast pace environment.
It doesn't get worse than this.
DSA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2016
I spent 10 years trying to keep my head above water. No matter how well you do, the next goal will be higher. In a commission only environment it's impossible to obtain every unrealistic fantasy goal management created. The return policy was a nightmare and our paychecks suffered from it. Management was ruthless and heartless. They had steady paychecks and zero understanding for how hard it could be to try and sell in a company that never had enough stock on hand. I've seen multi million dollar books have anxiety and panic attacks due to the pressure put on them. Managers telling us which vendors to push and sell so they can make their bonus. Not approving schedule requests or vacations if you didn't make them happy. If you want to never know what your paycheck will be and thrive on being only as valuable as your numbers are then this is sadly the place for you.
Cons
Zero income security
Fun place to work
PACKER/UNPACKER (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 29, 2016
Unpacking cloths and place the in size order on the correct hanger. Co-workers were very helpful and worked as a team.I was a very pleasant place to work at. The hardest part was not being certain that you will work 40 hours weekly.
Great sales and customer experience
Lead women's sales associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2016
Full time day of giving excellent customer service and increasing sales. Team work and respect for each other is the way to go.
Left due to relocating to Pflugerville.
Fun workplace and Learning experience.
Sales Associate, DSA for Theory (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 24, 2016
As a salesperson working in Neiman Marcus, it was a bit challenging to hit the daily number since it is all commission based and have to rely on the additional compensation that comes from making sales. Also there is hardly any foot traffic since the products we sell are high fashion and intimidates people to step into the store. But overall, transitioning from working at J.Crew to an up scale retailer at Neiman Marcus was a new and fun experience for me. The experience we provide to each customer we help is the best of the best. I've always loved to work with clothes and helping people look nice, so it was second nature to me. Overall, the most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and solving problems.
Pros
Multiple Benefits, Set me up for future success
Cons
Competive, Slow Pace, Communition Based
Great company
Desktop Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2016
Its nice to be part of a company with such longevity. History is always being made and the atmosphere is second to none. Great people and environment.
A good place to visit
Optical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2016
The atmosphere is very relaxing and enjoyable. The people and incentives keep you coming back day after day. Management makes job work life balance very hard.
Pros
Good people good enviroment
Cons
Management keep changing
excellent
Department Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2016
My typical day at work was customer service, sales audit, cash office and management. I learned all of the previous skills listed and all of the aspects of a credit office. I had excellent management and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and solving problems.
You aim for the top and you get mediocracy.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2016
Extremely fast paced environment. If you like to be mobile and active with a drive to learn this is the place to be, temporarily. The company is going through a reconstruction period that seems to have been going on for years. Even though most cutbacks are recent you learn that many of the higher ups were aware for a long period of time and will act surprised when it happens. The structure of management is quite skewed and you will have so many bosses that you are not sure what the expectations are supposed to be. Hours are retail of course and you are always subject to different hours and a high turnover rate, however from what I have seen it is in large part due to the push out by the managers in this department. If you apply here I strongly recommend that you keep your resume polished and continue to look if employed.
Pros
Great business connections, top tier corporation, nice look on resume
Cons
Hours tend to be strenuous and management is unhelpful.
Great job
Fredrick Matorra Loss Prevention Manger (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172August 7, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of space to move up in the company. Great leadership by mangers and store staff. Team built is strong.
Upselling within the Beauty Department and Store
Sales Associate / Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2016
Lead the Beauty Sales Effort by assisting the NM Customer, and their needs throughout the Beauty Department.
Support other Associates with product knowledge and closing sales within the cosmetic and skin care area.
Develop customer relationships by consistently delivering high levels of customer service as the beauty expert and store representative.Help with visual standards of the vendors and the store. Work with visual lead as needed to ensure area is properly merchandised.
Planning and execution of beauty events.
Current Fulltime Employee
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great place to work and grow, got started in a temporary position but was given the opportunity to go full time.

Sometimes the call volume is very heavy, which can be chaotic to work with.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Heavy workload
work with different enjoyable staff
Napoleon Perdis Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2016
Count money in register, stock, learn different things from through out the store, and making sure the counter is clean and stocked for the next day. Most fun about the job is meeting wonderful people from all over the place and making good friends.
Pros
luncheons, discounts
Cons
breaks, benefits