Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employer Reviews

Unorganized mess falling apart from the top.
employee (Current Employee), irvingOctober 24, 2014
Pros: you can put a well known name on your resume for the next job search
Cons: laughable benefits, awful work/home life balance, stressful environment, office politics are in full swing, watch your back, everyone is out to get you
Management is only concerned with CYA. They make changes to fix problems only to have created larger problems. HR takes no accountability or responsibility for anything. Lots of pipe dreams and broken promises. The slackers move up while the work horses get beat down.
geting a pep log and geting the FR scaner.
Apparel Associate (Current Employee), Longview, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: they have a cafeteria
Cons: two 15 mins paid breaks an 30 min unpaid breaks
My typical day at work is to clock in and start with the RF scanner and signing a line. Saying good morning to the co-workers and changing the trash bags, I would then start my day off with apparel. The hardest part of the job to learn was how to use the RF scanner. The most enjoyable part of the job is after I learned how to use the RF scanner and – more... meeting all of my new co-workers. – less
The easiest job I've ever had
Dock Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great pay, great discounts
I am the dock attendant at Neiman Marcus, A typical day consists of watching everyone who comes through the dock, giving directions to lost people, assisting with drop offs and pick ups, making sure no one is leaving their cars/semi's/trucks in the dock when they don't need to. At times this job is super easy but other times you will find yourself dealing – more... with five different semi-trucks that need to dock while your taking a delivery from Fed-Ex and UPS at the same time.

MNGT is so laid back for this position as long as you are on time and on your game.

The hardest part of this job is knowing your in charge and if you mess up it all falls on you but again this has yet to happen just at times when your making decisions it can be a little stressful.

The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting all these different people. – less
Great company
Senior Attorney (Current Employee), Easton MAOctober 19, 2014
Great company
Very busy
People are great to work with
Never a dull moment
My admiration of Neiman Marcus has hit bottom
OST- Optimum Support Team (Former Employee), Beverly HillsOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great discounts, some great associates to work with.
Cons: no health coverage, can't afford it. very low pay, minimal raises.
Once I had great admiration for Neiman Marcus, not anymore. If you hire on, you better be prepared for this, just in case. Should you consider advancing into sales, be prepared, you will take an assessment test, you must pass or you are at a dead end. They will let you take it again in one year. So many unhappy associates that could not pass this trick – more... assessment test with 93 questions.
Your sales future with Neiman Marcus is dead until you pass the test created by your peers?
Don't bother to contact anyone higher up, they don't care, they stand by the test as if it is the gospel.
To beat it, you must answer dishonestly, answer the questions with the intentions of telling them what you think they want to hear. If you answer honestly you might not pass. – less
Eat. Sleep. Breathe Fashion
Sales Coordinator (Women's Designer) (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: neiman marcus has the best retail hours
Cons: you still sell your soul. fashion first.
As long as you do this, you'll be fine. LOVE your job and you will advance, realize you don't love Fashion, forget it.
There was no review
Sales of fine china and crystal (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: i like the diverse duties
Cons: i wasni wasn'tt willing to clean her house.for that i should receive far more money.
There was no review. I did a multitude of duties. Everything from filing and making phone calls to going to the store to pick up items to wrap Christmas presents. Every day was a little different.
productive
Receiving department assistant (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 4, 2014
Pros: awsome discount, family friendly
Cons: if health care was a little less of a cost a year
enjoy that the work place has a steady flow and could almost say that well it runs its self.
Productive and Fabulous work environment
Men's Clothing Specialist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: midtown manhattan location
Cons: working on weekends
Servicing the luxury brand customer with high end clothing and accessories.
nice place to work at and love to work all the time
Packager (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2014
work at fun inless you sweatin
i learned how to be a man work smart not hard
Neiman Marcus
Shipping Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Neiman Marcus is a fun and excting place to work for. The managment is real nice to work for. They take care of all their employees.
Excellent company to work for
Business Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook ILSeptember 19, 2014
meet your sales goals
very good managers very fair and great co workers
I cannot say enough about this place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch, competitive salary
Cons: healthcare, work environment
A typical day at work consists of taking 60-100 calls per day from customers, store management and sales associates. While working here I have learned many things about the retail credit industry and the intricacies of credit evaluation, credit risk and credit fraud. As for management I have no words. My co-workers are very professional and make coming – more... to work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give immediate answers to certain inquiries because the job in many instances depends on other departments. – less
Professional work environment with entrepreneurial mindset
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
• Established long-term client relationships promoting Neiman Marcus as a leader in luxury retail,
exceptional customer service and couture fashion
• Secured a sales book surpassing $1,000,000 in total volume
• Strategized and executed email and phone campaigns to drive events and achieve sales initiatives
• Demonstrated intimate product knowledge educating – more... clients regarding new product launches, fashion
trends and store promotions – less
Neiman Marcus Corporate Needs To Investigate NSC Location
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: ot is rare.
Cons: healthcare, turnover rate and no diversity in upper manangement
The high turnover rate is due to lack of diversity, the who you know not what you know mentality, and unprofessionalism. A management team that doesn't care makes for a hostile environment and a horrible work environment. They receive good outstanding positive employees and do not know how to train and/or retain them.
Productive and fun workplace with my co-wokers and client's
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: being able to manage my time with a productive and positive attitude
Cons: watching an unhappy customer leave the store
I love a customer that comes in not knowing what he or she really wants, .That's when the doors open to introduce this customer to what I do best. Make them feel comfortable and see want their needs are.
It makes me feel proud of my job, knowing that they left satisfied with their new purchase.

I love people and people feel comfortable with me.
Great company to work for.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Great, place, people and product.
Learned a lot about the company and product.
Terrible Work Environment
OST inventory specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: you get to learn firsthand how fake people can really be.
Cons: text limit exceeded.
I worked as an OST member at the Chicago Michigan Avenue location for several years where the percentages of Inventory stats where never good enough, Management had terrible communication, and no consideration of team suggestions to improve the system whatsoever. Employees, both stock and sales, were treated terribly and a false sense of morale was – more... always pushed at weekly meetings to create the illusion that the management was actually being productive.

The biggest problem with management is that these people do not know the difference between being a BOSS and being a LEADER. Almost every employee in back of house, visual, and receiving was completely dissatisfied with how the bosses did nothing else but crack the whip in the name of quota or productivity, and despite obvious flaws in the logistics systems, customer service, online fulfillment, and inventory maintenance, these issues were completely looked over and the employees were blamed instead of going to the source of the problem.

Sales floor management was a complete joke as well, every single day I would speak to associates on every floor about how all their bosses played favorites and were stuck on autopilot because of their ability to play the politics card and become complacent because of the way they passed off most of the work onto the coordinators and sales associates. This promoted a lazy and disrespectful morale and because of the culture of fear promoted by the executives, associates in the entire store were too afraid to continue to try to gain justice. The Executives were a pack of lazy and fake excuses for leadership who did nothing but perpetuate a false image of care, yet only were concerned with numbers. They never considered the fact that their systems were flawed, yet just blamed the associates and cycled in new ones after getting rid of those that ever questioned this. They obviously did not appreciate free thinkers and only wanted Yes Men for the job, those that would just follow order mindlessly and take the daily jabs of terrible attitudes. I hate to say it, but I saw many cases of sexism and racism among almost every department, but associates were too afraid to take action, that's how bad the culture of fear was perpetuated, but they hid it all nicely beneath fake smiles and official procedure, ESPECIALLY when the corporate officials came to visit.

This in particular was the most laughable excuse for leadership that I have ever seen in 10 years of employment in various retail and inventory environments. Whenever the corporate visits happened, every attempt was made to cut corners and halt the flow of work so that these officials wouldn't see how bad the processes really were, all in the name of presentation. It was a pathetic display where the real fake attitudes were at a height. This obviously did nothing to increase employee morale, as all of these efforts resulted in needless stress and unnecessary alterations of productivity. It was a sad state of affairs.

Many of the salespeople referred to the floor as the "shark tank" or the "poacher's net" because of the backstabbing attempts of some associate's willingness to act like children and steal sales. It was disgusting to hear about it every single day. I have witnessed more than 5 associates in my own department alone come into the back just to break into tears at how terrible people are treated there, from both coworkers and management. Absolutely despicable.

OST members in particular were viewed as replaceable, and they let you know it by making underhanded and passive threats of random performance evaluations, and even a few of the workers who had become settled in after working there for over 10 years would report to management false reports about new members. There was no unified team of trustworthy workers beyond a few core members who only avoided verbal abuse by keeping their heads down and their mouths shut. It was pathetic, and all of my friends who still keep in contact with me tell me the situations have either stayed the same of gotten worse.

All in all, the Michigan Avenue store is a terrible place to work. – less
intersetng job
MAVT Medical transportation technician (Current Employee), East Orange, NJAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: morning shifs
Shipping and receiving, gift wrapping orders, verifying invoices and packing slips, and incoming products, inventory control, data entry, and processing shipping documents
Working with UPS, FedEx, and US Mail, labeling, stocking shelves, and pulling customers’ orders. Making boxes and other duties as assigned.
Very up to date in technology,the best of all the retail stores in the country
Sale and fitting Specialist intimate apparel (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employees discount in the top restaurant
Cons: a little bias only certain group is promoted within in.
Neiman Marcus culture is one of the best, they really take care of employees, the restaurants and areas for employee and top top confortable, clean, and beutiful relaxing views. Now as a store is really trendy, has the top fashion and every day we had fashions shows before open the store of new cloths that where arriving every week. Only thing management – more... wise they are a little behind and only recommend people if you belong to the team.

co workers, well is a very competitive environment, no friends, only co workers.

Become one of the top 10 and remain.

The goodies, we get as emplyees, discounts and promotions, and gifts. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more