Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 29, 2015
It's a great experience. I learn something new everyday and the managers I've had are all very helpful and forthcoming. I enjoy working with the customers and the team environment that we have and how everyone works together to better the company.
good but stressfulful place to work
Product Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: stressful job environment
one can learn about a great way of treating customers. Management constantly changes, coworkers are nice, meeting huge daily sale goeals could be very challenging.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Work from home
They train you and then let you go. Minimum supervision. My training was all web based but I think they have changed it. They have teams with leads, every team is different. The hardest part of the job is being strapped to the computer. Get a standing desk it will help.
Great company but...
Merchandise Processor II (Current Employee), longview, texasJune 20, 2015
Cons: short breaks and short lunches
I do enjoy working for Neiman Marcus, a typical day has mixed emotions dealing with the management team. Management could be better though. They do work with my schedule while I'm continuing my education, but it is a struggle to deal with them.
Co-workers are pleasing, and management is strict.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Able to get to eat with friends everyday.
Cons: management
I like the opportunity Neman Marcus gave me to make lasting relationship with fellow co-workers.

I wish they would find a better way to treat every employee the same way.
Productive & fun environment
Sales/ Stock Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: staff dinners, bonus rewards, overtime
Cons: no room for growth in status of employment
received shipment from truck and processed the boxes , replenish or mark down items for the sales floor

counted items for inventory

would also work sales floor if needed

send out damages to other stores
Small niche restaurant with loyal costumer base
restaurant hostess and coordinator (Former Employee), houston, txJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch and two days off a week
Cons: early short breaks, and often unplanned schedule changes
A typical work day would be showing up before opening cleaning and setting up the restaurant for service prepping staff for any specials and goals to be met for the day. I learned extensive customer service – more... and to delegate work when needed. Co-workers where not as driven as I am but all in all work got completed. Hardest and best part of the job was being able to run the entire restaurant solo when the managers where in dispose. – less
work place
Project Manager (Former Employee), DallasJune 17, 2015
Pros: freedom of work schedule
Cons: Leadership voids
good working environment, time to handle personal needs working environment was very good for working in teams. parking was a little hard.
Positive workplace. Great manager support.
Product Specialist Guerlain (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Flexable schedule, beautiful environment
Cons: Healthcare is not a plan that I am happy with.
Maintaining sales goals, reporting to both department manager and vendor. Offering stellar customer service. Building loyal client base. Makeup artistry, stock control.
Promote organizational values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2015
Pros: PERKS & SHORT HOURS
Cons: Small breakroom
Reach out to customers base in order to build wardrobe.
Becoming well versed in out of homebased selling working on department by department.
Management presents a force of professionalism.
Work well with co workers/partnership.
One of the most valuable part is to bring happiness to clients and they are extremely happy with their purchase
Customer-focused and productive environment, surrounded by luxury goods.
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 10, 2015
Fast-paced environment where motivating a team of sales associates is the priority. Interaction with all levels of management in the purpose of achieving sales plans.Through this position, I was able to develop my leadership skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines.
Terrible place all around
Neiman Marcus direct associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 6, 2015
Pros: Nothing you get 30% off your NM purchase but you have to get that crud credit card
Cons: Everything is bad don't work here.
I despise this job. Phones are ringing off the hook constantly and majority it is complaints about the company. Bad employees mess up deliveries and then I have to fix that . I get yelled at by entitled – more... rich people all day. Some customers are nice but everyone else wants to degrade you. I apologize and the common line used is. I don't want your apology it's not my problem you messed up so fix it. Assist doesn't help with anything and tells you to look in the portal and your TM just wants to make sure you're working. I was happy before I worked here and now I dread picking up the phone. No real assistance for employees that feel abused by customers as you can't hang up or tell customer that due to their behavior the conversation is over. So take punches and get yelled at. – less
Do not get taken advantage of
Associate (Former Employee), NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and pays well
Cons: Everything else.
Favoritism between management and associates.
Pick and choice atmosphere
Hardest part of working for Neiman Marcus is the drama, going to work everyday and not knowing if it is going to be your last day.
If management doesn't like you and you stand up for yourself..watch out. They will find a way to get rid of you and ensure you do not collect.
very nice company
Work From Home Customer Care Represenative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
neiman marcus is an outstanding company. they provide good benefits and good training. they are very lenient. sometimes i lacked guidance from supervisors and lunches are only 30 minutes.
Nice Environment
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 27, 2015
Very nice and pleasant environment. The atmosphere was friendly enjoyed helping the staff and customers. I learned a lot from the staff, making sure the customer was satisfied made my day move very smooth.
Convenient with being able to work from home.
Customer Service Representative/Work from Home (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this nice company! Works with scheduling when something comes up unexpected and very understanding.
Good Company to work for
Shipping Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 20, 2015
At Neiman Marcus the employees are great to work with. I have learned alot from my manager. The employee benefits are not that great but the people are awesome.
Great job
Women's Career and Dresses Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2015
It was a great learning experience and opportunity to access luxury retail. I personally would recommend company to others who want to move up in the company and actively work towards it.
Great place to get experience in retail advertising
Advertising Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: great people, good work/life balance
Cons: healthcare, clickish behavior, management needs work
My experience at Neiman Marcus was a good one. I did have a very bad manager at one point but my next manager was great.There can be some 'clickish' behavior, but over all I had some great coworkers and – more... learned so much. Just like any work environment, you have to take the good with the bad. My work/home life balance was good there. Benefits are just o.k. My main issue was it was hard for me to advance within the company. – less
Very great company to work for
Dialer/Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: able to move around in different departments
Cons: short lunch break
My typical day is either taking inbound or making outbound calls
majority of my day I also send out emails and answer customers emails regarding the order they have placed on our website. I have learned – more... time management everything you do counts and is graded. I enjoy the employees as well we are a great team! There is nothing really hard about my job now that I been doing it for three years. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make the customer happy and always have us in mind when wanting to shop. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more

Neiman Marcus Salaries