Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employer Reviews

Great Place to work but then gets pushed aside!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Pittston PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: had great lunches but became sloppy and cheap!
Cons: was great with breaks but not great with people skills!
Okay I admit wen I started at this place I was Happy I started in the Mid summer because do to my old job! I admit the pay is great the Hours are great its not bad but the thing is that really busted my bubble was the thing they call PEP they say its your productivity but i don't think so I felt like I was being Judged do to my Ability to work I never – more... got a chance to do benefits because I was suppose to be told wen the signed ups were but never did then what busted my bubble more was i was not trained proper there was no proper people skills with anyone i was just told go do this that's it took me long to learn the RF gun because i never used one and OMG! ask for help right away was My Pep! they only use people wen they need them like for Christmas or seasonal then what made me feel upset more was i felt like our rights were taken way over a # goal.good workers like me or like the poor people who were fired over pep lost our jobs because they used us :( they claim because of our productivity no i think its only a Temporally job :( – less
terrible management
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 8, 2014
management is terrible treat their employee unfair hope you never get hurt they treat you horrible
Lovely
Fashion Illustrator (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 7, 2014
It was just lovely working with Neiman Marcus for their one day event. It was so fun sketching the models with the new spring trends. All of the managers and associates were so helpful with anything I needed. I can't wait to work with them again!
job duty
Leader (Former Employee), Irving TxApril 2, 2014
My job was to pack and recive boxes that had to go out the the owner the next day make sure that there idea's was not messed and and any kind of way and after all of that i make sure that my spot that i work at was cleared swipe and mop the floor i had good addients and always had a smile on my face
i did like this job
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 1, 2014
the envoriment was nice for employees,management was great..
okay place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: big store, a lot to merchandise and stay busy, even on slow days
Cons: hr manager watched over employees on the camera "big brother", its supposed to be for theft purposes not micromanaging
coworkers were great, pay was not
schedules were not very flexible unless you have been working with the company for years
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: work for dillards/macys and find a con here. you wont..
This company does everything "by the book", For a retail store it feels very "corporate".The sales are there. Knew a sales associate that sold so much he had a personal assistant. Great training, great opportunity for advancement. I def recommend this place.
Professional pleasent enviornment to work in extrodinary co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boca Raton FloridaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: iphone
Cons: long hours "flat iron shift is nessesary to achive goals"
My overall experience with Neiman Marcus was very postive. The company strongly assists its workers to achive excellence.
Productive and fun job at Neiman Marcus
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 9, 2014
Working for Neiman Marcus it have been a daily learn experience. Not only about fashion and how to sell, also about how we have to interact with the clients and how we have to act to make them feel comfortable, and also I have learned how difficult but interesting the process of selling could be. It is a very competitive environment, because there are – more... lots of associates trying to catch a client and you as an individual has to give your best everyday to become a new client into a regular and loyal client. I keep daily communication with my clients. It is a very pleasant experience when clients send photos or texts back showing how happy and confident they feel after a purchase. – less
ok place
Sr. Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 7, 2014
management is good. benefits are not good. there is no work-life balance.
it was a pleasant place to work at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: get started and get done
Cons: n/a
We would start the day off by unloading the truck. Learn how to do send UPS and FEDEX shipment off. Management would get in on holiday when get back up. when there nothing to do we would help other co-worker out.
Fast paced
Lead Sales Associate/cashier- Ladies Departments (Former Employee), Sawgrass Mills Mall, SunriseMarch 4, 2014
Pros: customer service first
Cons: did not care about damaging merchandise in rush to restock.
A typical day would start with calling clients. Restocking & rearranging the entire sales floor for new merchandise, even on Black Friday. The hardest part was the racks and racks of tried on clothes that had to be returned to sales floor continuously. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of a customer with their purchase.
Great work environment
Brand Specialist/ Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee), Merrifield, VAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduale, great work environment, fashionista's apply
Providing excellent customer service is preached working for Neiman's. Developing a great relationship to the customers is also important to the company.
Challenging place to work. I enjoyed the years I worked. Promote from outside instead of training for a upper level position from inside
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: awards/ recognizing our accomplishments
Cons: production not very giving
Fast pace due to being on production
Learned to be more focused and thinking ahead
Wonderful understanding Supervisors
Great team work
Keeping production exceptionally w/problem vendors
Challenging never boring
Unfair Treatment
Packing and Order Filling (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: work hours ae great during christmas time
Cons: work hours are extremely slow all around the year until christmas.
Management favoritism is above all else. Immediate suspension upon an accusation made by another coworker. Hours vary drastically from 2 hrs to 9. When it' slow, it's so slow that bills are hard to pay. When it's fast(peak season) you are expected to work 12+ hours daily(even if you have other responsibilities.Been working there for almost two years. – more... Learned how to order fill and pack. – less
Great coworkers and atmosphere
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers, and atmosphere.
Cons: they pay could be a lot higher.
A typical day at work involves monitoring the CCTV and walking the floor to prevent shortage from both internal and external affairs. I have learned a lot from the jobs, but I feel that the compensation is very low.
Not a very fun place to work
Assistant Merchandise Planner (Former Employee), Irving, Tx.February 13, 2014
Pros: short summer hours on fridays, good discount
Cons: work hours are long and inflexible
Systems are antiquated, and advancement is tough. The people were very unhappy to be at work everyday due to management having strong tempers and emotional reactions.
Great environment
Warehouse Associate/Packer (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: n/a
Great place to work. Hours are okay. Co-workers are enjoyable. Managers are helpful.
Retail
Lead Men's Department Key holder (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Fast paced fun full of fashion and haute couture lots to learn and do.
Worked in Returns
Returns Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: lots of ot after christmas/free lunch sometimes
Cons: can be hard and really stressful at times
A typical day would start off opening Fed Ex boxes customers return for credit and checking it for damages and defects. I learned a lot working at Neiman's about the fashion industry. Management was ok, but could be a lot better about caring more about employees than meeting production goals. Co-workers are ok, easy to get along with.
The hardest part – more... of my job was meeting production goals each week.

I generally liked this job, but too much to do for what they want you to do for the pay. That is why there is such a high turn over rate in the Returns Dept. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more