Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace and Learning experience.
Sales Associate, DSA for Theory (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 24, 2016
As a salesperson working in Neiman Marcus, it was a bit challenging to hit the daily number since it is all commission based and have to rely on the additional compensation that comes from making sales. Also there is hardly any foot traffic since the products we sell are high fashion and intimidates people to step into the store. But overall, transitioning from working at J.Crew to an up scale retailer at Neiman Marcus was a new and fun experience for me. The experience we provide to each customer we help is the best of the best. I've always loved to work with clothes and helping people look nice, so it was second nature to me. Overall, the most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and solving problems.
Pros
Multiple Benefits, Set me up for future success
Cons
Competive, Slow Pace, Communition Based
Great company
Desktop Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2016
Its nice to be part of a company with such longevity. History is always being made and the atmosphere is second to none. Great people and environment.
A good place to visit
Optical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2016
The atmosphere is very relaxing and enjoyable. The people and incentives keep you coming back day after day. Management makes job work life balance very hard.
Pros
Good people good enviroment
Cons
Management keep changing
excellent
Department Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2016
My typical day at work was customer service, sales audit, cash office and management. I learned all of the previous skills listed and all of the aspects of a credit office. I had excellent management and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and solving problems.
You aim for the top and you get mediocracy.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2016
Extremely fast paced environment. If you like to be mobile and active with a drive to learn this is the place to be, temporarily. The company is going through a reconstruction period that seems to have been going on for years. Even though most cutbacks are recent you learn that many of the higher ups were aware for a long period of time and will act surprised when it happens. The structure of management is quite skewed and you will have so many bosses that you are not sure what the expectations are supposed to be. Hours are retail of course and you are always subject to different hours and a high turnover rate, however from what I have seen it is in large part due to the push out by the managers in this department. If you apply here I strongly recommend that you keep your resume polished and continue to look if employed.
Pros
Great business connections, top tier corporation, nice look on resume
Cons
Hours tend to be strenuous and management is unhelpful.
Great job
Fredrick Matorra Loss Prevention Manger (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172August 7, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of space to move up in the company. Great leadership by mangers and store staff. Team built is strong.
Upselling within the Beauty Department and Store
Sales Associate / Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2016
Lead the Beauty Sales Effort by assisting the NM Customer, and their needs throughout the Beauty Department.
Support other Associates with product knowledge and closing sales within the cosmetic and skin care area.
Develop customer relationships by consistently delivering high levels of customer service as the beauty expert and store representative.Help with visual standards of the vendors and the store. Work with visual lead as needed to ensure area is properly merchandised.
Planning and execution of beauty events.
Current Fulltime Employee
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great place to work and grow, got started in a temporary position but was given the opportunity to go full time.

Sometimes the call volume is very heavy, which can be chaotic to work with.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Heavy workload
work with different enjoyable staff
Napoleon Perdis Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2016
Count money in register, stock, learn different things from through out the store, and making sure the counter is clean and stocked for the next day. Most fun about the job is meeting wonderful people from all over the place and making good friends.
Pros
luncheons, discounts
Cons
breaks, benefits
Mass production demands from humans.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 2, 2016
Favoritism at an all time high, very poor mgmt. Extremely poor team players. I want to work and give 110% where its appreciated. This company was not. Thank God I didnt last long there, my fingers started getting crooked due to Rheumatoid Arthritis setting in full bloom. I would still go to work in pain and hustling hard. That company did not care. Even though at the interview they tell you differently, as do other companies. SAD. No wonder their turn over is extremely high. Its not rocket science. Too bad those managers did not have a brain.
Pros
None!
Cons
Too many.

Want to know more about Neiman Marcus?

Ask a question
Great learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 1, 2016
Great people to work with, Very educational
Atmosphere was good. Customers were great, a pleasure to assist their needs when or if problems arises. Loved working for them.
Has a great work from home program for Customer Care
Executive Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 31, 2016
Greatest part of the job is the people. Management is great about communicating plans, transitions, etc. The worst thing is the micro-managing.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Having to work weekends.
Duties
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 28, 2016
Duties include monthly audits, safety meetings with staff and associates, maintaining a safe environment with safety protocols and so forth at the facility. Daily surveillance of staff and associates, to prevent work place accidents or internal theft. Maintaining and updating cases as well if needed. Maintaining building security and addressing any Engineering issues as well with staff or associates. Duties also include surveillance on daily truck runs for local stores as well. Staff is great, benefits are great as well.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2016
good coworkers
I learned to be responsible and dedicated.
meeting my deadlines every day
most enjoyable were the social activities and doing a good job.
Lead Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Typical 8 to 10 hour workdays, management is great, co-workers also are good. Learned how more about fraud investigations,and customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients/victims prevent their accounts from be compromised.
Great place to learn
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
"Family" type of feel among coworkers, helpful managers. Great place to learn new things. Customers are always sweet and remember everything about you. Learned how to work with computers, answer telephone etc. I got a great discount and got to buy many designer things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
so much drama at this company.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 20, 2016
i felt like i was back in high school with the way i was treated, if you are not in favor with the upper management they would not help. i constantly had to go to my supervisor with issues on one particular co worker who would not do anything, would disappear to talk with their mother who also worked for the company instead of doing the job they were getting paid to do. There was always so drama some crisis that happened. it really felt like the company did not care at all about how the company was running. i could not understand how a high end retail job that had such a great reputation could be so unprepared, coordinated, unhelpful, and uncaring. I was totally put off by everyone i met and interacted with.
Pros
great beniefts
Cons
horrible place to work!
Lots of potential and good employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2016
Neiman marcus is a fairly good place to work considering that it is now a public owned business.

The management team is very professional and ethical.

The pay is commision based only.
Pros
FREE PRODUCTS AFTER REACHING YOUR GOALS AND FREE LUNCH FOR A WEEK
Cons
HEALTH INSURANCE NOT GOOD
Dream company to work for.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
This is a great company as far as benefits. However, your skills will get you nowhere if you are trying to move up to management with the approval of other managers. However, if your manager is not willing to "endorse you" and other members of management want you to work under them dependable, responsible, or not you will not be able to move on.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unnecessary obstacles
Okay
Sales, Stylist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 12, 2016
Its an okay job if you like being fake and acting like management is doing their job just fine. The amount of disrespect is so nasty.