Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

n/a
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 23, 2017
i didn't enjoy working at neiman marcus. they did not have a very good work and life balance. i always had to work weekends and i never felt like my concerns were heard.
Busy Workpl
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I learned how to pack object
Observing mistakes in clothes
Learning The values of products
Pretty Organized
Very Busy on Weekends
Clean environment
Good luck with upper management last assistance
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I didn't work here long. I started a department with out any assistance from upper management. I would email and attempt phone conversations. Which never happened. I had felines due each week that needed to be signed off by upper management. They would always put it off or tell me if it could wait until Monday. When I'd ask for help I wouldn't get a clear answer or was never contacted back. Everything you do is wrong. They hired many people because they were desperate to fill positions. They did not obviously do a thourough background check m, because several of the explainers were caught shoplifting. There were 2 employees who were shoplifting and they allowed them to stay working.
Pros
Discounts
Benefits are great, management team is lacking, culture needs work
Voice-of-the Customer/Feedback Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Having been there almost 3 years, the company was a great company to try out the work from home system. It's convenient for those still in college or with children. The benefits includes tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, medical/healthcare, and employee emergency assistance. The culture is was lacking and morale was low. The only employees that were energetic and upbeat were those who had been there 25+ years. Otherwise, the energy is similar to that of the patients in a nursing home.
benefits
Cons
Needs to implement reviews and raises every 6 months instead of annually, managment team were non-resourceful or attentive to the needs of the workplace and employees.
good employees to work around
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 19, 2017
Learned great people skills and great product knowledge
Management has longitivtiy and great work life balance
Good hours to work around and great events
company gives back to the community and management in dallas is great and always concerned about the staff.
Horrible Management Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Why is a company that has no hours for current employees, hiring new employees. Abused and mistreated. No respect. Horrible work environment and customer base. False reviews submitted to corporate. Unfair compensation. Management lies to employees and does not treat employees with respect. Backstabbing manager.
Cons
Lack of hours
Truly loved the employees
Seasonal Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
My favorite part of this job was simply the employees. They were always there for you to help if you didn't quite understand something. They were always smiling and greeting you when you entered the building til you left the building. The only negative about working here was that HR kept messing up on my payroll, and I wouldn't retrieve my check on the same day as everyone else.
management
Department Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 15, 2017
discount is great. im assuming the store I worked at was ran differently than most stores . Overall I met some great peoples along the way
Pros
great discount
Cons
management is shady
No longer lives up to it's rich history.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Run away. Not what the leading company it used to be. Unfortunately, the growth has outpaced its people practices. Poor corporate leadership decisions have lead to company wide lay-offs, a new corporate system fabled to bring wide-eyed view of sales only left everyone blind, a company debt larger than its assets, now they look to hire part time staff to avoid offering insurance benefits. This once solid company is on shaky ground. They carry products similar to Saks, but operate like a Kmart.
Good company
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Neiman Marcus is a great company to work for. I had a great experience. The most enjoyable part were my coworkers!! Difficult times in the retail world are affecting all retailers and Neiman Marcus continues to move forward.
Not very busy
Sales representative for Designer II area (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Only worked this job shortly after Saks closing-very critical management with even the shipping manager getting involved with selling. Moved to Norrdstom.
Pros
Was #1 with opening charge accounts for the months there
Cons
No positive employee feed back and teamwork.
About Neiman Marcus
Packer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy a customer. I learn many things but the most important is that everybody is didn't we all don't like the same things. When ever I needed any help management was there to help me whatever it was and I find that very helpful and excellent
Great Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Its a very great workplace
Great communications with co-workers and management
Works with schedule
Allows off time if necessary
Always up for new ideas
Considerate about your health
Pros
LISTENING SKILLS
Cons
TIME MANAGEMENT
Company Rooted in History
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2017
For better or worse, a company with a whole lot of history. It does a great job maintaining its place in luxury retail, but is ill equipped to stay relevant in the face of both shifting competition and changing customer behavior.
Lots of sketchy people
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 8, 2017
As i worked her i saw people come and go but the people that should of been leaving never left. Alot of leads dating workers people drinking and doing drugs on the job they say full time but you barely get 4 hours a day
Assisting customers with orders and financial disputes and sales
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Assist with customers orders and different disputes on purchases and previous bills. I learned to manage my time correctly and picked up skills on how to converse with unreasonable and upset customers and how to calm the situation. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with those unreasonable customers and managing the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the comfort of being in my own home doing my job.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Short breaks, no commission & pay.
N/a
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Seasonal Retail.. Sale of merchandise on a daily base. Customer Service, product knowledge, merchandise lookup and replacements.
Mail orders and working area clean
Nice place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Northpark Dallas,TexasFebruary 1, 2017
Fast paced environment, very professional. Enjoy working with my peers. Great place to work and grow. Managers are very helpful. Very customer service oriented
Pros
Make really good maney
Cons
Work life balance is not great at all
Great company to work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 29, 2017
Great benefits, co-workers are nice, it's working with family. Great gadgets always updates. Easy and comfortable place to work etc.
Pros
Great CEO in Texas, they listen to sales associate
Cons
sales person is always channel to other clients or other department
Laid back and easy place to work
Work from Home Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Work from home so I didn't have people breathing down my neck everyday in my face. Team Managers are great depending who you get. Learn the job yourself because sometime the helpful you get from supervisors or leads can be contradicting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neiman Marcus. Our community is ready to answer.