Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

Refreshing to go to work everyday
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Selling throughout the Store
Cons: Commission based only
. Typical day is check call list, tidy stock and fill if necessary, call and greet customers, demonstrate products
. Learned better business management skills to improve personal productivity.
. Management open-minded, innovative and supportive
. Co-workers competitive but cordial and respectful.
. Hardest part of job was standing all day .
. Most enjoyable part of the job....meeting new clients, and greeting existing ones...and showing up each day in a beautiful store.
fun workplace
Replinishment Associate(Temporary) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: fun and fast paced
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I enjoyed working for Neiman Marcus. It was fast paced, but enjoyable. The atmosphere was that of a positive nature. The supervisors were very supportive and care about us.
hardworking
Transfer department (Former Employee), MNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: nothing free
Cons: no breaks
everyday is the same day and fun
delivering items to other stores
great people to work with
fun place
i learned how to deal with customers
The best company ever
OST Associate & OST Supervisor (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 20, 2015
Awesome and very supportive management.
Great communications with all: from the management to my teammates.
Fabulous culture habits. I loved the diversity and the friendliness.
Corporate prefers to see production over quality work.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), irving, txJuly 17, 2015
As, QA you are almost always guaranteed a full 40 hr. work week. Not very much room for upward movement in the company, and work days can sometimes drag on as the department you do you quality assurance for (receiving, packing, order filling) may go home early and you need to find work, sometimes in other departments, to keep you production level up.
Good team
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2015
One of the best jobs I work for in retail. The culture is dynamic. Easy to work with and very flexible with other schedules.
Good place to work.
Product specailist (Former Employee), BellevueJuly 13, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: Location
Good place to work if you have a built up client base, If you're working in the cosmetics department keep to your self and just focus on your counter.. This store is extreemly slow and the deparment its self barely breaks 1million a year.
Productive, great work environment.
WOMEN'S SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Allen, TXJuly 9, 2015
Management is great, friendly, knows how to get a team to cooperate and execute a good business. Friendly work environment, good people, overall the NMG is a good place to work for.
n/a
sales associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no return policy
It was a slow business. It is your job to get the clients in the store to shop. You must be very proactive and try to achieve unrealistic goals. Management isn't the best; very clique-y.
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 6, 2015
Work was fun and exciting, always busy, great people and comfortable environment. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
High-paced for the upscale
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Discount, hours
Cons: Pay for parking, short breaks, money
I usually take over 100 calls a day. Ranging from your basic address change to the locate my package that was sent weeks ago. I have learned so much about credit which helps me in my personal life. The hardest part of the job is being under paid for all that I'm responsible for on a daily basis.
Politics rule
Senior Database Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 5, 2015
Politics rule. Watch your back; there's a lot of buck passing & excuses. Most management can't tell quality work over hype & flattery.
Wonderful place for the customers.
Legal Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Discount and Sample Sales
Cons: Rather not say
I was able to be a self starter and work on my own projects while also managing two attorneys. I was given many advanced tasks over the years, which enabled me to stretch in my knowledge and job skills. The amount of work I was given for my own projects started to outweigh the work I did for my attorneys, which was a challenge. I worked with wonderful people at my level.
Provides a challenging work environment with very little security associated with income.
Neiman Marcus Front-line Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Store hours provide opportunity for a better work/life balance than most retail business.
Cons: Straight commission, difficult commute.
A typical day is 9 hours with a 1 hour break. Scheduled hours are rotated among all associates in the Department throughout the week and are as follows; 9 am to 6 pm, 10 am to 7 pm, and 11 am to 8 pm. Management is professional and supportive but is primarily focused on back of house operations for the Department and can provide very little front line support which is often needed due to high absenteeism. The work environment does not lend itself for growth opportunities. Co-workers are professional but highly competitive due to salaries being a straight commission base.
Working with my customers is the most gratifying and enjoyable part of my job. The difficulties of this job are the physical demands of the job; standing for 8 hours with very few breaks, stocking merchandise, as Sales Associates are also handling operational tasks without support Ultimately the lack of a base salary is difficult for gaging income as customer returns impact my earnings and there is no return policy to prevent customer from making returns after a period of time. A Sales Associates earnings are subject to change which is very concerning.
Ready for education and growth
At Home Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2015
I'd like my next job to be challenging, and let me use my education and experience. It's important to me to continue learning, and exercise my abilities and problem solving skills.
Learning experience.
Fine Apparel Receptionist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Discount on merchandise.
Cons: Always watching me as if I am going to take something without paying for it.
Working at Neiman's taught me the in's and out of the fashion industry. I met many famous designers and enjoyed every minute of it.
Great Work from Home job.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: no company incentives.
Company is overall a good company to work for. They need to have more incentives for the employee and also more team builders.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 29, 2015
It's a great experience. I learn something new everyday and the managers I've had are all very helpful and forthcoming. I enjoy working with the customers and the team environment that we have and how everyone works together to better the company.
good but stressfulful place to work
Product Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: stressful job environment
one can learn about a great way of treating customers. Management constantly changes, coworkers are nice, meeting huge daily sale goeals could be very challenging.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Work from home
They train you and then let you go. Minimum supervision. My training was all web based but I think they have changed it. They have teams with leads, every team is different. The hardest part of the job is being strapped to the computer. Get a standing desk it will help.
Employees