Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus United States Employee Reviews

Passion for Fashion & Service
Creed Product Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Beautiful work environment, Sales Incentives, Gratis
Cons: No commission
• A typical day at work included educating customers about merchandise while delivering helpful service, cultivating lasting relationships with customers, maintaining displays of merchandise, connecting with customers for special in-store events.

• I learned that delivering thoughtful, gracious, and helpful service is what differentiates one brand from another.

• Management in the store was able to use available resources efficiently and effectively in order to help associates accomplish their sales goals.

• Each of my co-workers possessed a strong work ethic and high standards which allowed them to garner respect and support from coworkers and customers alike.

• The hardest part of my job was ensuring that sales were not lost regardless of the availability of a particular piece of merchandise.

• The most enjoyable part of my job was bringing a smile to a clients face when I was able to surpass their expectations.
Clients are great, the store itself was a great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 24, 2015
The management of the department at the time was hard to work for. An ability to advance was made available that worked better with my schedule but the department manager would not allow me to leave her department because of my sales history and clientele being so high. It was a smart business move on her end, but was ultimately the reason I had to leave as the schedule became too taxing.
Working in the distribution center was horrible!!
Returns Department (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2015
Neiman Marcus was one of the worst company's I had ever worked for, I worked here years ago but when I did I was grateful to at least have a job but the pay, benefits, and the work environment was horrible!! It was also very clear that the warehouse employees were treated differently, glad I left when I did because I would never see myself advancing in this company in any way!
A fast paced place that has a lot going on.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: The people are nice and enjoyable to be around.
A good place to work with benefits and 401K. My day starts with unloading a truck hat has four to five pallets of merchandise a day and then we check the shipment with a receiving report, unpack the boxes and get the merchandise out. We make sure that each piece of clothing is steamed and has the appropriate tag with the SKU and price.
great company
Ready-To-Wear/Couture Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 18, 2015
great company has a lot of opportunities in different position and a tremendous amount of connections. Has a lot in stored for the right employees.
Terrible Senior Management
Manager - Communications (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Health Care, Hostile Enviroment, Unfriendly People
The company does not care about their associates. Everyone is in a race for themselves and effective collaboration is halted by stale senior management not willing to change with the times.
High End experiences
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), San FranciscoApril 9, 2015
Pros: Meeting designers and freebies
Cons: Recycle your paycheck
Check-in and Place merchandise on floor ,open register work on displays.I experienced quite a bit being I was here for more than 8 years on and off started in accessories worked my way up to assistant in couture. Then denim specialist in contemporary and personal shopping. I learned to give excellent customer service to keep clients .Management was great co-workers a bit cut throat. The hardest was taking a return and the most enjoyable was visual merchandising.
Very involved
Quality Control Associate (Current Employee), Miramar, FLApril 1, 2015
This company goes the extra mile to show that they are invested in you and in your family life. Love that about the company.
worst enviorment
Jo Malone Specialist Counter Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 30, 2015
nothing to say, worst place to work, store manager has some serious issues, bad hours, bad pay, no respect for workers, benefits are ok, perks are that its so dead you can walk around and get personal stuff done because its the same customers all day
too much emphasis on # phone calls,texts, emails/per day
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great discount!
Cons: too much micro-managing
too much emphasis on technology, not enough on the fact that we work on commission and are self-motivated to sell. we need managers who have worked on commission and understand.....
Nice Compensation and Bad Hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TexasMarch 26, 2015
Neiman Marcus is a great company to work for. I had really bad hours but other than that its was beautiful. The pay was great and we got raises on the regular. It was nice working for this company.
Wasn't there Long enough...
Asset Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great people that don't mind hallway conversations, everyone is local and you can easily stop by an office for a quick face to face
Cons: too focused on out sourcing, bottom line driven attitude that impacts much needed tools and personnel
NMG has a clear division between employees and the contracting companies managing it's IT Services and Infrastructure.

I worked for Wipro as a sub-contractor so most of my perspective is based on a contract, and not a direct perspective of NMG.

NMG is extremely disconnected from the people that could add value and by improving the delivery of services to achieve long-standing goals. To do this NMG has to understand and accept the process of spending the right amount of money on the correct people and tools, and not accept the lowest bidder from a sales pitch.

As long as NMG submits to exterior contractors it cannot offer reliable/consistent security for people that actually enjoy working for the company.
Mediocre experience
General Manager (Former Employee), OrlandoMarch 25, 2015
Supportive of hourly associate but not of middle management. HR was an obstacle in disciplining staff to make the work environment better.
Review
Stylist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work is checking my email and my daily quota from the day before. Then I reach out to clients for either follow ups or inviting them to specific events the store may be having. I enjoy my coworkers but it does get competitive as we do work on commission. I dislike working weekends.
Fun and caring staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 21, 2015
I love working at neiman marcus. it was a great place to work. I worked there seasonal and would go back. hopefully i can go back and work when they start back hiring.
The fashion world is fast moving.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
A typical eight hour day was setting up for special events.
Calling customer when their designer preference was in stock.
We had many a laugh in the lunch room and we enjoyed the contest that put extra perks in our pocket.
Lifting designer clothes and standing on our feet.
An amazing store
Counter Assistant and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bal Harbour, FlMarch 10, 2015
Pros: you can build your own clientele
Cons: do not give you any opportunity to grow.
This store is full with amazing products and good quality. They are always giving intensive training to their employees about new products and customer service. You meet the designers face to face and really get to know their products.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great discounts, and reward money to use in the store.
Cons: healthcare is so-so. favoritism from managers are a little bit of a problem.
You have your ups and downs with any job, but I do love working for Neiman Marcus. The people you work with are like your second family, and management are their if you ever need help.
This job pays the bills
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 4, 2015
it pays the bills, my direct manager is great. There is no job security as they are doing layoffs as of right now.

A typical day is looking for shoplifters and investigating employees.

My co workers are ok.
Productive and learning experiance
Lead Order Puller (Former Employee), Irving TxMarch 3, 2015
I Orchestrated a crew of six while pulling orders. Illustrated proficiency in forklift driving and stand up lift. Organized and processed warehouse inventory

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more

Neiman Marcus Salaries