Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employer Reviews

worst enviorment
Jo Malone Specialist Counter Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 30, 2015
nothing to say, worst place to work, store manager has some serious issues, bad hours, bad pay, no respect for workers, benefits are ok, perks are that its so dead you can walk around and get personal stuff done because its the same customers all day
too much emphasis on # phone calls,texts, emails/per day
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great discount!
Cons: too much micro-managing
too much emphasis on technology, not enough on the fact that we work on commission and are self-motivated to sell. we need managers who have worked on commission and understand.....
Nice Compensation and Bad Hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TexasMarch 26, 2015
Neiman Marcus is a great company to work for. I had really bad hours but other than that its was beautiful. The pay was great and we got raises on the regular. It was nice working for this company.
Wasn't there Long enough...
Asset Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great people that don't mind hallway conversations, everyone is local and you can easily stop by an office for a quick face to face
Cons: too focused on out sourcing, bottom line driven attitude that impacts much needed tools and personnel
NMG has a clear division between employees and the contracting companies managing it's IT Services and Infrastructure.

I worked for Wipro as a sub-contractor so most of my perspective is based on a contract, and not a direct perspective of NMG.

NMG is extremely disconnected from the people that could add value and by improving the delivery of services to achieve long-standing goals. To do this NMG has to understand and accept the process of spending the right amount of money on the correct people and tools, and not accept the lowest bidder from a sales pitch.

As long as NMG submits to exterior contractors it cannot offer reliable/consistent security for people that actually enjoy working for the company.
Mediocre experience
General Manager (Former Employee), OrlandoMarch 25, 2015
Supportive of hourly associate but not of middle management. HR was an obstacle in disciplining staff to make the work environment better.
Review
Stylist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work is checking my email and my daily quota from the day before. Then I reach out to clients for either follow ups or inviting them to specific events the store may be having. I enjoy my coworkers but it does get competitive as we do work on commission. I dislike working weekends.
Fun and caring staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 21, 2015
I love working at neiman marcus. it was a great place to work. I worked there seasonal and would go back. hopefully i can go back and work when they start back hiring.
The fashion world is fast moving.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
A typical eight hour day was setting up for special events.
Calling customer when their designer preference was in stock.
We had many a laugh in the lunch room and we enjoyed the contest that put extra perks in our pocket.
Lifting designer clothes and standing on our feet.
An amazing store
Counter Assistant and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bal Harbour, FlMarch 10, 2015
Pros: you can build your own clientele
Cons: do not give you any opportunity to grow.
This store is full with amazing products and good quality. They are always giving intensive training to their employees about new products and customer service. You meet the designers face to face and really get to know their products.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great discounts, and reward money to use in the store.
Cons: healthcare is so-so. favoritism from managers are a little bit of a problem.
You have your ups and downs with any job, but I do love working for Neiman Marcus. The people you work with are like your second family, and management are their if you ever need help.
This job pays the bills
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 4, 2015
it pays the bills, my direct manager is great. There is no job security as they are doing layoffs as of right now.

A typical day is looking for shoplifters and investigating employees.

My co workers are ok.
Productive and learning experiance
Lead Order Puller (Former Employee), Irving TxMarch 3, 2015
I Orchestrated a crew of six while pulling orders. Illustrated proficiency in forklift driving and stand up lift. Organized and processed warehouse inventory
CUSTOMER SERVICES
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
I LOVE MY JOB BECAUSE I LIKE TO WORK WITH THE PUBLIC AND HELP THEM WHEN NEEDED. I WORKED IN RECEVING AND I KNOW THE STORE BETTER THEN THE OTHER EMPLOYEE.
Good work environment
Loss Prevention Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), Topanga, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fun and friendly enviorment
Cons: no room for growth
Slow environment to work in. Co-workers are fun and friendly people.The hardest part of the job is having a slow day and not much to do.
Very competitive and nasty environment to work in.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: management
Neiman Marcus' working atmosphere is very cut throat, due to 100% commission pay. Their is no team effort to achieve ones goals. Sales people will lie and cheat to get a sale. Management does not assist you at all and they are terrible when it comes to customer service. They will not assist you in increasing your sales, or give you advise, they just criticize everything you do. I worked their 10 years and the company is going downhill quickly with their clientele and sales force.
The best part of the day was LEAVING.
Excellent Designer Retail Store
Optimum Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: excellent discounts, meals provided for morning meetings, friendly coworkers
I worked for both the shipping/ receiving manager and the contemporary manager. A typical day consisted of unloading trucks, processing transfers & return to vendor orders, merchandising, and maintaining price accuracy within the contemporary department.
Great pay, hourly,but very cut throat
Business Manager Tom Ford Beauty (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
The pay is great and most of the associates are amazing as well. However it is very hard to advance, and the commission associates are lazy, but expect you to do everything for them to make money.
not a very welcoming group of people.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: abundance of hours
Cons: had to park several blocks away for free parking
the associates i worked with were nice once you were there for about a year but as for being a new hire they have little to no patience which makes it very hard to be trained for several jobs at once. most jobs i had to learn on my own
very productive but not a good work place
Shipping Loader (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: pay plus benefits
go in do your day to day assignment the less information about yourself as possibly there is nonthing confidential
Great pay and fun competitive contests.
Loss Prevention Investigator - Key Holder (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: money and free food.
Cons: management and no accountability.
Not for the sensitive of heart or somebody looking for a permanent position. Management can't be depended on and everything will fall to your shoulders whether it's part of the job or not. Good staff and pay but not worth the politics.

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more

Neiman Marcus Salaries