Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Employer Reviews

Professional work environment with entrepreneurial mindset
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
• Established long-term client relationships promoting Neiman Marcus as a leader in luxury retail,
exceptional customer service and couture fashion
• Secured a sales book surpassing $1,000,000 in total volume
• Strategized and executed email and phone campaigns to drive events and achieve sales initiatives
• Demonstrated intimate product knowledge educating – more... clients regarding new product launches, fashion
trends and store promotions – less
Neiman Marcus Corporate Needs To Investigate NSC Location
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: ot is rare.
Cons: healthcare, turnover rate and no diversity in upper manangement
The high turnover rate is due to lack of diversity, the who you know not what you know mentality, and unprofessionalism. A management team that doesn't care makes for a hostile environment and a horrible work environment. They receive good outstanding positive employees and do not know how to train and/or retain them.
Productive and fun workplace with my co-wokers and client's
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: being able to manage my time with a productive and positive attitude
Cons: watching an unhappy customer leave the store
I love a customer that comes in not knowing what he or she really wants, .That's when the doors open to introduce this customer to what I do best. Make them feel comfortable and see want their needs are.
It makes me feel proud of my job, knowing that they left satisfied with their new purchase.

I love people and people feel comfortable with me.
Great company to work for.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Great, place, people and product.
Learned a lot about the company and product.
Terrible Work Environment
OST inventory specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: you get to learn firsthand how fake people can really be.
Cons: text limit exceeded.
I worked as an OST member at the Chicago Michigan Avenue location for several years where the percentages of Inventory stats where never good enough, Management had terrible communication, and no consideration of team suggestions to improve the system whatsoever. Employees, both stock and sales, were treated terribly and a false sense of morale was – more... always pushed at weekly meetings to create the illusion that the management was actually being productive.

The biggest problem with management is that these people do not know the difference between being a BOSS and being a LEADER. Almost every employee in back of house, visual, and receiving was completely dissatisfied with how the bosses did nothing else but crack the whip in the name of quota or productivity, and despite obvious flaws in the logistics systems, customer service, online fulfillment, and inventory maintenance, these issues were completely looked over and the employees were blamed instead of going to the source of the problem.

Sales floor management was a complete joke as well, every single day I would speak to associates on every floor about how all their bosses played favorites and were stuck on autopilot because of their ability to play the politics card and become complacent because of the way they passed off most of the work onto the coordinators and sales associates. This promoted a lazy and disrespectful morale and because of the culture of fear promoted by the executives, associates in the entire store were too afraid to continue to try to gain justice. The Executives were a pack of lazy and fake excuses for leadership who did nothing but perpetuate a false image of care, yet only were concerned with numbers. They never considered the fact that their systems were flawed, yet just blamed the associates and cycled in new ones after getting rid of those that ever questioned this. They obviously did not appreciate free thinkers and only wanted Yes Men for the job, those that would just follow order mindlessly and take the daily jabs of terrible attitudes. I hate to say it, but I saw many cases of sexism and racism among almost every department, but associates were too afraid to take action, that's how bad the culture of fear was perpetuated, but they hid it all nicely beneath fake smiles and official procedure, ESPECIALLY when the corporate officials came to visit.

This in particular was the most laughable excuse for leadership that I have ever seen in 10 years of employment in various retail and inventory environments. Whenever the corporate visits happened, every attempt was made to cut corners and halt the flow of work so that these officials wouldn't see how bad the processes really were, all in the name of presentation. It was a pathetic display where the real fake attitudes were at a height. This obviously did nothing to increase employee morale, as all of these efforts resulted in needless stress and unnecessary alterations of productivity. It was a sad state of affairs.

Many of the salespeople referred to the floor as the "shark tank" or the "poacher's net" because of the backstabbing attempts of some associate's willingness to act like children and steal sales. It was disgusting to hear about it every single day. I have witnessed more than 5 associates in my own department alone come into the back just to break into tears at how terrible people are treated there, from both coworkers and management. Absolutely despicable.

OST members in particular were viewed as replaceable, and they let you know it by making underhanded and passive threats of random performance evaluations, and even a few of the workers who had become settled in after working there for over 10 years would report to management false reports about new members. There was no unified team of trustworthy workers beyond a few core members who only avoided verbal abuse by keeping their heads down and their mouths shut. It was pathetic, and all of my friends who still keep in contact with me tell me the situations have either stayed the same of gotten worse.

All in all, the Michigan Avenue store is a terrible place to work. – less
intersetng job
MAVT Medical transportation technician (Current Employee), East Orange, NJAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: morning shifs
Shipping and receiving, gift wrapping orders, verifying invoices and packing slips, and incoming products, inventory control, data entry, and processing shipping documents
Working with UPS, FedEx, and US Mail, labeling, stocking shelves, and pulling customers’ orders. Making boxes and other duties as assigned.
Very up to date in technology,the best of all the retail stores in the country
Sale and fitting Specialist intimate apparel (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employees discount in the top restaurant
Cons: a little bias only certain group is promoted within in.
Neiman Marcus culture is one of the best, they really take care of employees, the restaurants and areas for employee and top top confortable, clean, and beutiful relaxing views. Now as a store is really trendy, has the top fashion and every day we had fashions shows before open the store of new cloths that where arriving every week. Only thing management – more... wise they are a little behind and only recommend people if you belong to the team.

co workers, well is a very competitive environment, no friends, only co workers.

Become one of the top 10 and remain.

The goodies, we get as emplyees, discounts and promotions, and gifts. – less
Fashionable place to work.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 22, 2014
A typical day at work is spent servicing a multitude of customers. The people there are great and make the job fun and exciting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere.
Pleasant
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 20, 2014
Pleasant and friendly work environment. Not as busy as I would like to be. I prefer to be busy from start to finish.
Good company
Avaya Network Engineer (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: versility
Good management makes working there a good experience. Abitiyly to work downtown areas and work at Customer Way.
Daily could be in backplane connecting phones, Could be in work area, adding phones,
Exciting place to work
Sales Specialist (Part-time) (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: developing your personal clientele list
Cons: monthly quotas
A typical day consisted of assisting customers with their various needs. In addition to making sure that the store was in order. Continued to sharpen my skills in the retail industry from the Home Decor environment. I was previously a buyer in the shoe industry. The co-workers were great to work with even though it was competitive. The hardest part – more... of the job was making the monthly quotas. The most enjoyable part was a satisfied customer. – less
If you're looking for Advancement, do not waste your time.
Loss Prevention Lead Investigator (Current Employee), Arundel Mills Mall, Hanover, MDAugust 9, 2014
Cons: everything you can imagine.
You can bust your butt, get all the stats in the world, destroy previous years accomplishes and still not get a raise. They promise you that they promote from within, but they do not. I was located at a store with 5 LP Investigators. 2 got fired because of a bad stop, 2 more quit because of horrible management and the way that they were treated by superiors. – more... I was by myself for 3 months before the company decided to hire anyone else. Then I was expected to train these people (who had no experience in LP before) and still do every bit of work for the entire 5 person staff on my own. For 6 months I did all the work of the ASM / Ops Manager, all audits and safety requirements and still given no appreciation. I was lead to believe (by getting false promises from not only store management, but corporate management) that I would receive a promotion because of my excellent track record and ability to basically do 6 people's jobs by myself. Did that happen? No. In fact, when the company hired a new ASM/Ops Mgr they started to force me out because that particular person wanted to bring in his own team. So, where is the family/team atmosphere? Non existent. Further more, I had 7 internal investigations (Associate Thefts) that were well documented and clear as day. But because the company has no backbone or ounce of integrity, they would not touch the terminations. They did not even interview these individuals.
Bottom line... do not waste your time if you take LP seriously. – less
Employees: Awesome, Management: HORRIBLE
Operations Support Team (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: well compensated
Cons: not compensated well enough to deal with the childish leadership
As a Veteran, I have been through some things no one should have to do, but at NM the associates are not appreciated. PERIOD.
excelente costumer service
Women's Shoes Salon Assistant manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2014
superior costumer service, nice working place, great store with finest people- co workers
Fast paced, but fun enviroment
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: supportive management, great discounts, advancement opportunities
I loved working at Neiman Marcus, the management staff was supportive and very easy to work with.
Fair and honest company
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 4, 2014
It is a high end retail job. Pay is not exceptional, about $13/hour.
Constantly being threatened to be fired for not doing quota
Merchandise Processor, Full Time (Former Employee), Pittston,PaAugust 3, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: too many to list
When you start the job they are friendly towards you.Soon after you are then Verbally told on a daily basis that your personal life is secondary to the Company.If there are Hardships outside of the workplace the company comes first.Co-workers are pleasant to work with.The hardest part of the job is no matter how good of an employee you are you know – more... your days are numbered in staying there.There is no job security – less
The Company is good in terms of management
Coordinator, Memo Office (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
The only thing that is a little bit not good about it is the compensation is too low for the job.
Example: Productive but very boring at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the main manager the guy was the nicest manager ever loved him!!
Cons: women are catty, only care about making their numbers, favoritism showed amongst certain employees
You come in go over your assigned floor plan each and everyday then service customers. I learned how to engage customers and get them to buy products as well as the visual setups.
Co-workers are fake at that store, they only are friends or are cool to you if a celeb comes in and they see you working with them. A couple of managers are lazy and let customers – more... get extra discounts just cause they are celebs. A lot of older aged women work their most of them are married with rich husbands so they are there just for the discount. The job was pretty easy. I loved working with customers and seeing them satisfied. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: fun environment and one of the best customer service jobs
Cons: no comment
Work with buyers and vendors/merchandise
How to work as a team/honesty and trust
Working with great minds
Team workers
Being honest about who stole the merchandise
Watching all the beautiful new items come and working with friendly people to make sure they sell

1 2 3 4 5

About Neiman Marcus

For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment – Read more