Nelnet

Nelnet Employee Reviews

Representative (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 16, 2015
I have throughly enjoyed working for Nelnet. If you take advange of the health incentives, it's great. Departments vary, it is not all about phones. They are very customer service oriented.
pay is good/work schedule is horrible
Student Loan Advisor (Former Employee), omaha,neJune 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch/ pay
Cons: long work days/mandatory overtime
Pay is very very good although for what is done and what student loan advisors have to deal with the pay should be increased a little. One of the many things people have talked about is haveing to work so much. You tend to feel as if you live at nelnet with haveing to work long hours each day and only two days off if lucky and mandatory overtime isnt in effect.
Great place to work!
Account Representative II (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 3, 2015
Management is wonderful, people are great, work environment is casual and rewarding. Overall a great company to work for!
Fun Work Place
Default Management (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: Poor Leadreship
First job I had dealing with student loans. Taught me so much on how student loans work and how they effect your future. This was a great place to work before they closed doors. Loved the people I worked with. Made a lot of money.
Great team of people
Senior Payroll & Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 12, 2015
Great team of associates. Pleasant work environment including the pleasant work associates. Work life balance is positive.
goood atmosphere
Advisor 1 (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
Not a great place for advancement they say they are pay for performance but they aren't. They do throw money at you with unlimited overtime overall not a bad place to work, they just treat you unfairly
Great workers and Supervisors
Student Loan Consolidation (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 10, 2015
This company was a great company to work for. I loved my supervisor and the team leads. We had great communication and always had great opportunity to talk to anyone if ever needed help or had any concerns.
Very nice environment but stressful job
First Mark Collections Agent/CSR (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoyed all the benefits and people I worked with here. However the job of collections and calling the same aggravated people everyday was very stressful. There were times we as a company made many mistakes and we would call these borrowers and just aggravate them more by telling them they still owed money. My coworkers and management were nice but the job was extremely selfish.
Basic job
School Service Center Outreach Advisor (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 3, 2015
They seems to have a good wellness plan to help employees quit smoking and eat right. They do have a variety of job positions available all the time.
good work experince
CPC/ DM (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 3, 2015
work 8 hours on the phone

all customer service

great co-workers

I learned how to deal with student loans and all different types of customers
not fun
Advisor 1 (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2015
They are concerned about their well being not the employees. Good job to start and find something else. Great Overtime opprotunity.
Fun environment
Loan advisor (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 24, 2014
Great Place to work. Great management. Good benefits and wonderful pay for what you do.
Work Ethics
Student Loan Advisor (Current Employee), 120th CenterDecember 18, 2014
I like to work to the best of my abilities at all times. I tend to be a very outgoing and punctual individual. If i am ever approached with a difficult problem i tend to do the best i can to eliminate the issue. I enjoy criticism because it betters myself as an individual and an employee
Everyday changing enviroment
Aerotek temp (Former Employee), Lincoln NEDecember 17, 2014
Taking inbound calls from student loan holders. Everyday held a new challenge and was very exciting. This type of field you have to be prepared to implement changes in your job. If not everyday then at least monthly. I learned that everyone is not the same and people go thru the same struggles I find myself going thru.
Customer Service Roles
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee), Lincoln NEDecember 10, 2014
For me, my position revolved around servicing agreements and talking to people on the phone. It gets old very quickly once you learn the ropes. Advancement can become difficult and extremely competitive outside entry level positions. Great Benefits!
Nelnet is a great company that offers a lot of perks to their associates.
Customer Interaction Center Functional Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 11, 2014
Pros: free parking, wellness programs, women's leadership program, various company activities and opportunities
A typical day at Nelnet would start by coming in and speaking with your associates and looking at email to determine what needed to be prioritized and accomplished for the day. You would attend meetings, handle any priority items and and work on planning and strategy for your area.

I learned many different roles and skills at Nelnet. I worked with almost every facet of the organization which allowed me to build collaborative relationships to achieve my goals.

Change was constant and you always had to quickly adjust and adapt. This can can be hard when trying to achieve goals however, there were positive impacts that followed change.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the company and people I worked with. Many people have followed me through the organization and I am glad that we will have ongoing friendships.
Default Management Resolution Advisor (Former Employee), Aurora, CoOctober 22, 2014
Nelnet was a great company to work for. I truly loved my supervisor. He understood the importance of work/life
high turnover
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 8, 2014
fast paced
no dirrection
high turnover
dictatorship style leadership
They say production driven, they mean production driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free fruit tuesday
Cons: mandatory overtime/ personal information seen by people you don't know like that.
A day at Nelnet includes:Taking incoming calls from loan borrower regarding making payments, government programs such as loan forgiveness, deferment/forbearance, and repayment plans. Executing changes on student loan accounts based on borrower requests. Updating accounts based on borrower request and government regulations. Unlocking accounts, resetting passwords for online accounts.

Pros: Once you learn the job, it's not very difficult. Leads and Sups are very supportive. Everyone is invested in your success. Good pay, good bennies, liberal breaks, matrix driven contests with prizes.

Cons; VERY competitive on the call floor. Your stats are posted on a board. Stats are emailed to teams several times a day. Your adherence to schedule is made public knowledge Mandatory overtime, with upper management pressing workers to sign up for more over time.

The cons are based on my personality type. I am a private person who only competes with herself. Having other people see my stats/adherence was uncomfortable for me. Good or Bad, my information is mine. It felt very much like invasion of privacy.

If you enjoy heavy call volume (which I do),a work heavy balance of work/life, ( I don't) a culture of complete transparency (for the company and the workers on the floor) and an competitive environment (which I don't) then I recommend giving Nelnet a shot..
a family friendly environment
Advisor II (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: not easy to move up in the company
Nelnet is a very family friendly place to work. I feel the compensation was adequate/fair, I do wish it were easier to move up into a different position or area within the company

1 2 3 4 5