Nelson Global Products Employee Reviews

Great Job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Viroqua, WIDecember 7, 2017
It was a great job..i got laid off in March. I would go back if I could get my pay and benefits. It was always fun and exciting learning new things. And it was close to home.
Pros
close to home
Cons
had none
great
quality receiving and inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNOctober 28, 2017
If I got the raises I was promised I would have stayed but I didn't. I really enjoyed working there but I was starting to build a relationship and work on having a family so I had to move on to make out better for my family.
Pros
my job was simple I received and inspected all goods.
Cons
my position was kinda boring there wasn't always something to do
overall good, unfortunately shutting down
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNAugust 10, 2017
Plant is shutting down, would have been an excellent place to continue working and advance. Great competitive pay, acknowledges holidays, and moderately understanding of situations. Their Modo: Just be here; 95% of people lose their job due to absences.
Not a fun place to work at. Management lies and gives the employees lip service.
Bender Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNAugust 10, 2017
a typical work day was hot and unappreciated. I didn't learn anything while working there. Hardest part of the job was having to listen to management lying. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to move on.
Pros
Paid lunch until they took it away.
Cons
Absolutely zero acknowledgement from management.
Great People to work with. Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIAugust 10, 2017
Lot of great people to work with. There was no job security, constant lay offs due to cut backs. Very poor management. It is run by an investment firm and the top management was a constant turn over, never had a good CEO to run the company. To short staffed for the workload, to much overtime, expected to do whatever it took to do your job, including working from home at night and weekends, You were just a number.
Pros
Great Employees, benifits
Cons
Over worked, short staff, poor management
Alot of opportunitys to learn new skills if desired
Hand welder (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INAugust 7, 2017
Started this job with little to no experience in manufacturing type jobs. In 5 years I have become one of the best cnc pipe bending operators. Learned how to mig and tig weld multiple steel. And trained moderately in automated robotic welders. I am the look to guy when our robot tech takes a day off.
decent money, poor benefits
open (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJuly 25, 2017
low moral, poor ,management, high turnover rate and lack of advancement and raises. the pay for SKILLED labor is decent and you don't have to work an excessive amount of overtime.
Pros
decent pay depending on job title and fair amount of overtime
Cons
benefits, management, turnover, pay for non skilled labor, etc.
All they care about is the money.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Viroqua WiJune 26, 2017
Typical work day you don't know from day today what time you are starting work. Either 5 or 7 am. The management only looks out for them selfs. The only benefits you get is over priced insurance. With lot of co charges. There is no 401K match any more. About the only good thing about the place is the employee's you work with. About the only way to move up in the plant is if you are drinking buddies or related to some one in management.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Every thing
Bad place to work unless this is your only option.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJune 21, 2017
After they had bought our company they slowly started laying people off until it was a Skelton crew running much of the plant. Three different plant managers quit while I was working there. Blame was almost always placed at the feet of the production worker. This comany is unscrupulous and I bet they would sell there own mother into the slave trade for a quick buck!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
The company as a whole.
Do not work here
Manual Welder (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNJune 7, 2017
Nelson Global is a company that liquidated other smaller companies after purchasing in order to take profitable contracts and machinery. Medical insurance is high and has poor coverage. Current employees are on a company wide "pay freeze". As of June 2017 the employees that were left after two large layoffs at the Cambridge fascilitu are being laid off at the end of July 2017. Contracts are being moved to Wisconsin and Mexico.
Pros
Cons
Being lied to by management to the very end
Place to WORK
Brazer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 3, 2017
Company suffers from attitude that employees are an unwanted expense to be minimized. Overtime is used as a substitute for adequate staffing levels. Despite being behind on filling orders, company will not open production during third shift hours. Individuals at company are bright-point exceptions to this.
Challenging fast paced environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Viroqua, WIMarch 7, 2017
10 hour shifts, PM consuming a typical day with some milling & lathing parts to maintain production flow. Management was effective. I learned a lot about maintenance of many different types of machines. Workplace culture is comprised of long time loyal employee's and an overall good employee attitude in spite of harsh work environment.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Elevated stress and pressure on employee production lines.
my review
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIFebruary 21, 2017
This company did alot to make the products go together faster and with ease. People were great here and friendly. Hours were good to work with. Management could use more training.
potentical to be a strong company
Supervisor Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 1, 2017
This company has great production workers, but management is more then lost. To many chiefs not enough Indians in this company. Communication is vital but no one does it around there, the epitome of failure. Good luck
Typical Day
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day there is interesting, they do not give you a whole lot of training, even though you are working with industrial equipment. They have forklifts driving around not using horns.
it was a good place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJanuary 2, 2017
i enjoyed the place it was a good job and i got payed pretty good i learned how to make up orders for trucks to get shipped out and how to make labels for each seperate skid and whats all inside it
Productive, hot,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 14, 2016
A typical work day is very busy with making parts and running machines. The management team is always on the floor and checking on the workers. The hardest part is dealing with the heat and the paperwork. The most enjoyable part was meeting great people and the bonuses.
Pros
Pay was great, lunches were great, and they gave things away all the time
Cons
The heat!!!
fast paced
Distribution Center Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WI 53913December 9, 2016
The small group we had were great to work with. It was a very fast paced job and a lot of multi-tasking. Days went super fast.
Not a very worker friendly place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNAugust 7, 2016
The management team at nelson global products think they are better than the people who got them there. Your threatened every morning at the team meeting and thru out the day. The benefits are company owned so you paying more for them. I've worked there for 12 yrs this is the worse I've seen the place Be managed and operated.
Pros
nonw
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare, management
Nothing at all. Not even a good job encouragment.
MIG Welder/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 30, 2016
There is a lot of turnover in management, and on the production floor. The owners of the company have stated that they would like to keep 25% of the workforce temporary which leads to the quality issues we have. There is nothing about the work environment that I enjoy, because of the poor scheduling, we have to work every saturday and sometimes sunday; so family life is not great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the confusion about what shoud be done, what jobs are to be completed. A twenty munute lunch and one ten minute break is not enough time in a ten hour day.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
A twenty minute lunch and one ten minute break for a ten hour day