Nelson Global Products Employee Reviews

my review
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIFebruary 21, 2017
This company did alot to make the products go together faster and with ease. People were great here and friendly. Hours were good to work with. Management could use more training.
Typical Day
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day there is interesting, they do not give you a whole lot of training, even though you are working with industrial equipment. They have forklifts driving around not using horns.
it was a good place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJanuary 2, 2017
i enjoyed the place it was a good job and i got payed pretty good i learned how to make up orders for trucks to get shipped out and how to make labels for each seperate skid and whats all inside it
Productive, hot,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 14, 2016
A typical work day is very busy with making parts and running machines. The management team is always on the floor and checking on the workers. The hardest part is dealing with the heat and the paperwork. The most enjoyable part was meeting great people and the bonuses.
Pros
Pay was great, lunches were great, and they gave things away all the time
Cons
The heat!!!
fast paced
Distribution Center Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WI 53913December 9, 2016
The small group we had were great to work with. It was a very fast paced job and a lot of multi-tasking. Days went super fast.
Not a very worker friendly place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNAugust 7, 2016
The management team at nelson global products think they are better than the people who got them there. Your threatened every morning at the team meeting and thru out the day. The benefits are company owned so you paying more for them. I've worked there for 12 yrs this is the worse I've seen the place Be managed and operated.
Pros
nonw
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare, management
Nothing at all. Not even a good job encouragment.
MIG Welder/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 30, 2016
There is a lot of turnover in management, and on the production floor. The owners of the company have stated that they would like to keep 25% of the workforce temporary which leads to the quality issues we have. There is nothing about the work environment that I enjoy, because of the poor scheduling, we have to work every saturday and sometimes sunday; so family life is not great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the confusion about what shoud be done, what jobs are to be completed. A twenty munute lunch and one ten minute break is not enough time in a ten hour day.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
A twenty minute lunch and one ten minute break for a ten hour day
Nelson Global is not a good employer
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJune 3, 2016
I get along with the people I work with at Nelson Global, but the company morale and culture is extremely more negative than it is positive. There is no room for advancement, no pay raises, no 401k match, no tuition reimburstment, buddy buddy system and no pat on the back/good job. There is no incentive to work for this company at all.
Pros
Salary employees make good money, temps enter at $11hr.
Cons
No incentives after your hired, NONE!
very hot. clean and nice machine shop great co workers
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Clinton TN.April 14, 2016
Not a bad place to work. pay and benefits could be better. not climate controlled, nice machine shop and coworkers and supervisor in the shop.
Pros
co wokers
Cons
hot
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 3, 2016
productive and competitive with the other shifts, it was fun competing. i learned alot of things from this job like set ups and a bunch of quality. Management wasnt that bad there. i had no problems with an of my co-workers, not a bunch of drama, for the most part everyone got along. i would say the hardest part of the job was the mandating of really long hours. the most enjoyable for me was learning new thing and operating the machines.
Pros
health cae
Cons
short breaks
Review
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Large company with large company culture and attitude
General Office (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNJuly 6, 2015
Good stepping stone to something else. Day to day not bad just boring, and not much room for advancement. I have been here for 10 years and have seen the company change from small to large and impersonal with each acquisition.
Pros
Somewhat stable
Cons
Somewhat unstable
Not well organized
Fork lift operator degrease (Current Employee) –  Clinton,TnMay 31, 2015
On the parts that we make, there is a "traveler" that goes with the part as it goes through the process.Most of them need to fixed and haven't been fixed and are simply messed up.The traveler also on the operations that make the product or part have down operations that they can't perform and are still on there and been on there for years and the customer is being charged for that operation and it is not being or being to perform on that part. Another example is that I was working with a quality manager to change a process or test that was to performed on many parts. The process went like this on the traveler; clean, paint, paint oven and finally "milipo" . Milipo is short for "miliport" and it is a test for cleanliness on the part. It made no sense through all that and then test and if failed then it would have to re-cleaned till it passes the test . The chemical that they use for the test and if required the re-cleaning will harm or take the paint of and if anything that should have been off would have baked on the part and not come off. The quality manager and I tried to get this fixed, I would write down the parts number with travelers like that and she would go to them and the person to fix it and in the mean time I would, and she agreed on this, that when we got those parts like that, send for the test after wash then to paint. She tried to get the travelers fixed. She tried and tried they are still not fixed.
Pros
I don't have to drive far to work.
Cons
Health Insurance
Not a very good place to work for
1st shift welder (Former Employee) –  Morton ILMarch 8, 2015
Poor management, Lots of favortism, poor benefits, too many close calls,I consider this place some what a danger work place, No Job security,
Supplier of fabricated tube products
Director Quality and Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIOctober 10, 2014
Nelson provides fabricated tube products to OEM and service markets. As Quality Director I am responsible for the establishment and maintenance of internal quality standards, ensure compliance across multiple facility enterprise and lead the organization's Quality Managers. Our mission is to identify and eliminate waste, reduce variation and achieve highest levels of customer satisfaction under the obligations of TS16949 and ISO 9001.
Pros
Exposure to multiple products and processes, excellent growth & learning opportunity
Ive had Better. Poor quality parts to big name custemers
Pressure Tester (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 14, 2014
I went into confusion a lot. worked a lot harder than many other employees did not understands some of the things they thought were ok there
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILSeptember 9, 2014
I have had a great and productive time working for NGP. I have developed many skills and advanced my career accordingly
Fast paced environment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNJuly 24, 2014
Overall skill set-

Robotics programing (daily)
Supervising crew of 15-20 people
Lean manufacturing trained, 5s trained
Meeting customer deadline, production scheduling

Overall a good place to work, very good crew to work for management works well with production staff.
Unproductive place to work with lots of mismanagement
CNC Laser Operator (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 24, 2014
Horribly mismanaged, shop managers push blame onto the operators for the managers lack of understanding on how jobs and material flow through the shop. Managers will not correct the pieces per hour on work orders to make parts attainable per hour, they tell us we need to work more efficient and harder to obtain the parts per hour but machines are not capable of producing 200-400 pieces per hour.
Management protected eachother and was untrustworthy
Lead QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Viroqua, WISeptember 11, 2013
Inexperienced management that would do whatever it took to get rid of people in their way or to protect themselves if something went wrong. As I moved up the ladder I found most of them were untruthful to each other as well as those on the floor. Their idea of an investigation was one sided and when I wasn't allowed to defend myself from the accusations against me.
Pros
Great people to work with from middle management to the floor.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nelson Global Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9