Nelson Labs Employee Reviews

okay
Report Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTFebruary 16, 2018
I loved my job role and the people I worked with. My direct supervisor was terrible until an interim supervisor was placed in that position, and I really enjoyed working for him. The was very high pressure, stressful, and required a great deal of knowledge and report specialists are not compensated appropriately for the work load they are required to complete.
Upper management worries only about themselves.
Lab (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2018
Was a great company till it was sold. Then the leadership got strange. They have been through many upper managers in the last couple years. The HR group is in constant flux especially the recruiting team, they are rude and unprofessional and know zero about the company . QA is trying to take over the company and doesnt know half of what happens in the lab, all anyone cares about it Making it to SD so they don't have to work anymore and the best perk after the company was sold is free popcorn....there is no room to move upward so we are losing good people. We were told nothing would change when the sale happened but it’s plain to see that was all talk.
Pros
Good people at the analyst level
Cons
All about money now
Sad company
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTDecember 26, 2017
In the department I worked in, I was unsure of some things, asked for help, was let go. Still not sure why. They stated I made mistakes, but refused to help me understand what they were.
Pros
Lunch room
Cons
Bad manager
Unprofessional Management system in place!
Study Director (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTDecember 21, 2017
I would recommend this place for new graduates. However, they have poor and unprofessional management system in place for those you have many years of experience. They don't give much attention nor respect to those who have different opinions and will punish you for it. The working environment is rather hazardous and stressful for those who are smart and can identify systematic problems that needed to be corrected.
Long time employees are not valued.
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2017
Nelson Labs was a great company to work for until about three years ago. The company was sold to a large international company and the culture and CEO changed and the company no longer valued the employees the way they did before.
Nelson is a great place to work
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 20, 2017
With a lot of different departments, there is plenty opportunity to advance and learn new things. The culture is very based on integrity which can be unusual in the biotech industry. I would definitely recommend Nelson as a great place to work.
The job culture changed quite a bit while there and after. Management became different once the personnel office changed.. job security was an issue
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2017
I'd get to work at 1:00 am and prepared all the needed inventory for the days tasks. I worked independently (alone) so I was responsible and hard working so as to make sure everything was ready by 7 am.
Pros
Nice owner. A desire for integrity because of the nature of the job and government strict oversight.
Cons
Tremendously stressful because of the need to comply with federal guidelines.
Great Atmosphere/Hard to Advance/Low Pay
Study Director (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 31, 2017
Nelson Labs is a company with great people and a fun atmosphere; however, the pay is extremely low and because of this there is a high turnover of employees. Also, the raises each year are laughable with barely any increase in pay. It is difficult to advance, and employees are way overworked.
Pros
Atmosphere, Fun Activities, People
Cons
Pay, Advancement Options
The Best Place I've Worked
Tech Support I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2017
Great atmosphere, with respectful, competent co-workers and a culture of unity. Plenty of corporate volunteer opportunities, and events. On-site gym and daycare.
Pros
cafeteria, benefits
Cons
If there was one, I didn't find it.
High stress but friendly environment
Project Manager ( study director) (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTApril 28, 2017
A lot of opportunities to learn about validation studies and the FDA and EU's acceptance criteria .a good place to start for recent graduate. Very helpful and reliable management team.
Pros
Diversity, friendly environment, cross departments training
Cons
Lower on the salary scale, high pressure
Great Culture for a Balanced Life
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
Nelson Labs provides a flexible and friendly working experience. The benefits and PTO are great, and the company works hard to take care of its employees.
Pros
Culture, Management, Ability to Make a Difference
Cons
Pay
Don't expect them to be up front with you!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2017
They do repremands or "group norming" as they say it. This means that when there is an issue they address it to the team instead of individuals. It may be difficult to determine your role if or when there is an issue addressed.
Pros
On site cafeteria, ok benefits
Cons
Poor work environment
Claims to "have fun in the process"
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2017
They are a very conservative company and if you don't drink the koolaid and smile and nod at everything you will get written up and potentially terminated. Never question anything!!!
Pros
flexible hours, decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
are very critical of personalities, can be written up if your personality isn't on point
Transportation/Logistic/Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2017
I recommend this place to work. After 5 years I still like going to work every day.

I recommend my friends and family to apply there.

They are great working with me when family time is needed.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Could get more pay somewhere else.
More of an in and out type of job
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Management is based on how long you are willing to be there. Not how hard you work, or overall experience. Most of the direct management try to cut corners without getting caught.
Great Palce to start your quality career
Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2016
Friendly place with great training for recently graduated employees. Great team building activities with little to no cross functional teams. Very little problem solving
Pros
Friendly with good managment
Cons
Little to no cross functional teams and problem solving
Very awesome people
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 23, 2016
I loved it there. They have a lot of great people. The best part of the job was that it was like a family. Management knew me by name, and the studies were submitted so even I could understand them.
Awesome company, poor managment
Product Sterility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2016
The unprofessional management doesn't even deserve 1 star. Its really hard to advance unless you are perfect and never make mistakes or are a robot. All in all I really enjoyed working at Nelson, its a really good company and I was really sad to leave. I made a lot of friends and the atmosphere was great! If only they hired people who were fit for management positions things would be even better there.
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Management is unprofessional
Excellent work place and chances for advancement
Study Director II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2015
NLI has a very unique culture that encourages development and a healthy life style. I have many friends and associates from the company and appreciate the time I spent with them.
Pros
Development
Cons
salary
Good Entry Level Job
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTOctober 31, 2015
If you are looking for a good entry-level position that doesn't require much skill then Nelson laboratories is the place for you. Starting positions are low pay with full benefits that are expensive. Only Study directors and up make decent pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nelson Labs. Our community is ready to answer.