Nelson Labs Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome company, poor managment
Product Sterility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2016
The unprofessional management doesn't even deserve 1 star. Its really hard to advance unless you are perfect and never make mistakes or are a robot. All in all I really enjoyed working at Nelson, its a really good company and I was really sad to leave. I made a lot of friends and the atmosphere was great! If only they hired people who were fit for management positions things would be even better there.
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Management is unprofessional
Good company, less than average pay
Bioburden Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTSeptember 23, 2015
This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a good work/life balance. They promote a good working atmosphere and can meet it for the most part. If you are looking for this to be a high paying company, this is not the place. They say they pay their employees median of the field but from what I have seen they are on the much lower end of the spectrum.
Pros
good culture
Cons
bad wages
Fun work place, family oriented
Chemistry Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive colleges. Management staff is insightful, supportive, and understanding. Very helpful with personal development, yet unfortunately not much movement upwards available.
Pros
Knowledge, willing to teach
Cons
No available movement upwards, slight nepotism
Good Entry Level Job
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTOctober 31, 2015
If you are looking for a good entry-level position that doesn't require much skill then Nelson laboratories is the place for you. Starting positions are low pay with full benefits that are expensive. Only Study directors and up make decent pay.
Excellent work place and chances for advancement
Study Director II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2015
NLI has a very unique culture that encourages development and a healthy life style. I have many friends and associates from the company and appreciate the time I spent with them.
Pros
Development
Cons
salary
Key Values include people and fun!
Human Resurces (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2015
Simply one of the very, very best!

Nelson Laboratories is a ‘best in class’ provider of life-cycle microbiology testing services for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Tissue and Natural Products industries. Nelson Labs is an employer of choice and creates an exciting, enriching and supportive workplace for all our employees, both scientists and staff. Our values say it all: Integrity, Quality, People (yes people!) and FUN have earned us the recognition of one of Utah’s best places to work and leverage a career. The CEO is one of the highest quality individuals I have ever met, a terrific person professionally and personally!
Pros
People, environment, culture, work, location - and free healthy treats like apples!
Cons
NONE
Great people to work with
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2015
What I enjoyed most about working for Nelson Labs is the people I worked with. With any company there are things that could be improved but overall an average company to work for.
Great people to work with.
Sales-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 11, 2012
I truly enjoyed coming to work everyday as I looked forward to talking to veterinarians or purchasers in my territory.I was able to develop many lasting relationships, not only with my co-workers as well as customers. Nelson Laboratories was a local, family owened business that distributed veterinarian pharmaceuticals to veterinarians in the midwest. We had approximately 50 employees and it was very personable. They understood family and worked diligently to be flexible with all employees and their families. There was no real hard part of my job as it came very easy to me. I loved learning about all the aspects of distribution,
Pros
great employers
Cons
was bought out by major corporation.
Demanding and rewarding
Senior SQL Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2013
Good people and good culture. Must be able to obtain favor of lead developer. Personalities of the development team are dynamic diverse. Constantly changing environment, requirements and tasks. Must be able to document everything you do in accordance with FDA monitoring.
Pros
good people and good culture
Cons
must be able to write code that will pass scientific and fda requirements.
Good company in general if you're upper level, not for lower level unless you have family working there.
Testing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahApril 8, 2015
Good company, not bad benefits and a pretty good atmosphere overall.

Where they lack, is in promoting good employees. The group I worked in had a high turnover rate. In a group of 20-25 people including management, I saw 15 either fired or quit to go somewhere else. Only one person moved to a same level position in another group; there wasn't one promotion. This was in the 1.5 years I was employed there. Morale was terrible.

They hire people with degrees for low level positions while some supervisors and managers don't have one.

They tell you after 6 months in your hired on position, you can move around the company, yet when you apply for other positions or have a drive to move up, they see it as a negative thing. I saw some people in the company move positions at least 3 times while I was there, not because they themselves had worked there a long time, but because they had other family members who worked there.

Management sees lower level employees as "not hard to replace" (word for word quote there), or expendable, and it shows.
Pros
Nice buildings, not terrible pay, cafeteria with decent food.
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work and have fun.
Validation Specialist I / QC (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2013
Family owned and it shows.... you are a part of the family instantly. Warm and helpful staff want you to succeed and grow.
Pros
on site gym, caffertria, childens room, mother lounge, activities most months, work hard and play hard..
Very nice work environment
Inside/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux FallsFebruary 14, 2012
This company has been purchased by MWI. They were very respectful of their employees. This was a family owned company when I worked for them.
Fun place to work
Study Director II/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 8, 2012
This employer would be a much better place if the employees were able to make more.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
poor compensation
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 29, 2012
Good place to work. C T O is awesome and so is one of the IT project manager.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
one inexperienced project manager it