NELSON STAFFING Employee Reviews in United States

Positive work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 22, 2016
I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job. The job placements are pretty much long term and some are even temp to hire. on a scale of 1-10 I give them a 10.
Pros
long term job placment
Cons
possibility of assignment ending at any given time
Awesome place
Recruiter / Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 18, 2016
Management is friendly with everyone at all level of the ord! Also, great PTO! Every branch is allowed to run as it pleases.
Pros
culture
Cons
commission structure
very productive and warm enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAAugust 10, 2016
very busy but not so stressful. what i've learned working for Nelson Staffing is computer skills. and i've also learned how to check for work references. My manager was a very helpful person. She was also kind and easy to get along with. She made work enjoyable and always had me look forward to coming back to work the next day. My co-worker was also a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job i would say would be trying to find people to come in to work for a fish company called So-Cal. making those calls until we filled as many positions as possible for that day. My most enjoyable moments were all the dinners we attended with the head masters of the company. These ladies really knew how to make their employees feel special. They showed much appreciation for all our hard work and always gave us the motivation we needed.
Pros
This would be i had the pleasure of working with such a wonderful staff.
Cons
was sorry i could no longer work there
Summary Review of Nelson
Seeking Employment (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 10, 2016
They are helpful, but employment is not stable. An individual can have an assignment for one day, or an individual can be employed for months.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Work unstable
Temporary Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2016
Job was not dependable because it provided temporary assignments.
worked various temporary assignments, Did not have dependable pay days you could count on.
Pros
job stability, dependable pay days
Cons
health care
Currently assigned as a legal coordinator contractor at VQ Orthocare, Irvine, CA.
Legal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 25, 2016
I'm a contractor with Nelson Staffing and currently assigned at VQ Orthocare as a legal coordinator. Working at VQ can be stressful at times, but I've managed to organize my skills and maintain a good work flow. I do have a very good boss and we make a solid team.
Pros
Short commute to work; good boss.
Cons
Low salary; assigned lunch hours; stressful environment.
Best Staffing Agency
Audio tester and Cashier (Current Employee) –  San JoseJuly 13, 2016
I enjoy working with this company. The pay is better than other staffing agencies and the staff are friendly.Omar the supervisor has always made me feel like a valuable employee and treats me with respect.
Nelson staffing
Warehouse Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2016
Great Company to work for. worked as an assembler/ shipping and receiving
Nice People Will find you a job in the field you are looking for
Very professional and courteous; they really help you find your ideal job and placement is very professional.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 27, 2016
I have had 2 placements with Nelson Staffing, and both have been excellent in every way. The jobs have been excellent fits and very nice work environments and coworkers, as well as professional and courteous work ethics and people. I have enjoyed each placement with Nelson and would recommend them highly!
Great people, and great jobs
Exec. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 22, 2016
I love Nelson Staffing. They have been here for me in my time of need of work. Lots of companies are now using temp agencies instead of hiring direct. Nelson Staffing has great people with wonderful attitudes and they always have my best interest at heart.
Hard work
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 26, 2016
Show up and do what I had to do. always try my best to work the best i can. Help around if I finished assignments. Trying my best to carry boxes.
Pros
Exercise
Great staffing agency
Salesforce-Receptionist - Front Desk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 30, 2016
Nelson is a really great staffing agency, they work really well with their employees and clients, I would recommend them to anyone searching for a job , whether its part time or full time. I enjoyed working with them very much.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Wish I could work at their agency in house
Strong support from recruitor
Contract Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 18, 2016
They are very professional and make every attempt to match the candidate and job assignment to meet the needs of the required position.
productive and fun place to work and nice caferteria
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I had a routine everyday. I like that very much. I worked well with my coworkers. my managers were very nice to me. my routine made my job easy.
Pros
my routine made my job easy
Cons
working graveyard was different than what im used to.
very nice people to work with
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 15, 2016
They really listen to what jobs you are looking for and try to find what the best matches are. I would highly recommend for people to use Nelson staffing.
Work
Machine Operator, Helper (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 25, 2015
A very fast pace, no time for nonsense work place, with timely breaks, free drinks and nice hard working people. Communication is key when working here.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
hours not guaranteed
Job Temp Agency
Client intake/ Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 16, 2015
They are a great company that assisted in helping me find work. they took there time in researching the best company with my abilities.
Pros
allowed me to earn overtime pay
Enjoyed working part time
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 12, 2015
I have always enjoyed working with people. A typical day for me is to arrive at least 10-15 minutes early to get things ready for my job for that day. I learned that my input is important in any job The hardest part of my day would have been working outside on a cold day, Again the most enjoyable part of any job is to meet the people you work with and for.
Pros
over time
Cons
cold weather days
Met people everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 11, 2015
Assisted with finding work for many candidates. Liked my duties, enjoyed meeting new people everyday. Would have liked to be more involved with interviewing and placing candidates.
Pros
Enjoyed job
Cons
Not enough stability
No review
Sr. Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 2, 2015
Nelson is a great company to work for. It is currently just going through a lot of change. Makes for a challenging work env.