Nemacolin Woodlands Resort

Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employer Reviews

Consistently busy work environment, but is a fun atmosphere.
The Tavern Restaurant Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, PAMay 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: long hours, stressful days
A typical work day is being ready to be "on the go." After all, it is a restaurant at a five star, five diamond resort. First thing is first, prepping the staff on what to expect in the up coming lunch and dinner shifts. We typically have an average number on what to expect each day.
I over see all FOH (front of house) operations. I deal with concerns – more... with guests such as an unsatisfied customer with either the service or food. Regardless of the experience, good or bad, it is my job that the guest leaves satisfied and happy.
The hardest part of my job would definitely be the work and life balance. Since it is a restaurant at a resort, we are open every holiday, long hours, and 7 days a week. At times, it can become stressful.
What I love most about my job is that I am consistently moving. There is never a dull moment and I am always on my feet, which in returns makes time go by fast. I also enjoy conversing with such a diverse group. Whether it's with the guests staying with us or just simply the staff. – less
Nemacolin
Line Cook (Former Employee), Farmington, PAApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits.
Cons: bad management
It was a learning experience definitely by the most part. But overall there management was horrible in some areas of the resort. I took a lot out of the externship, but I would never recommend any young adults that go to IUP Culinary Art School to go to this resort. It may have been good for other students, but it certainly was not my cup of tea.
Quite an Experience!
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Farmington, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: $1 dollar meal is great!
Cons: no fixed schedule.
Tough work all day! Beautiful landscape and rain all the time. I had to learn some PATUA in order to get along with my co-workers from Jamaica. The area has a lot of history involved which I really appreciate.
Team orientated
Preventative maintenance technician (Current Employee), Farmington, PAMarch 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the experience is the team members. Everyone would assist each other with a smile and can do attitude.
Never a dull moment at Nemacolin
Group Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee), Farmington, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: large amount of activities to manage, both indoors and outdoors
Cons: sacrificing holidays and weekends to work
There is never a dull moment at this resort. One day, you are helping a family do a ropes course-- the next day you are doing a team building activity for over 40 employees of a large corporation. The job duties vary greatly, including planning , coordinating, and supervising activities, working with other departments, and ensuring the safety of the – more... guests . This broad list of duties has allowed me to grow in many different areas and aquire many different skills. Working at Nemacolin has helped me learn how to deal with customers to ensure that they have the most pleasurable time possible at the resort. I have become comfortable working with all types of people and confident in being able to solve any situations (both good and bad). The staff works as a team toward the goal of 100 percent customer satisfaction and to live up to the resorts motto of "Expect the Unexpected" One of the drawbacks is the lack of time off for holidays--but on the plus side there is a great deal of satisfaction in helping a family enjoy their time at the resort. It is always rewarding when guests return to Nemacolin and remember you for the wonderful experience you were able to give for them. – less
Great Work Place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Farmington, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, place to stay if weather was bad
Cons: hard to get any type of promotion
My work day was to work the midnight shift where I learned how to calculated all the hotel revenue throughout the day, make sure all the paper work goes to the right departments. My co-workers were great I learned a lot form everyone down there.
a ok job
floor tech (Current Employee), PADecember 17, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
The typical day at work is to take care of the floors. What i learned is how to take care of stone floors. The management is very nice. The hardest part of the job is keeping busy.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Nemacolin has amazing food and so hospitable, they really treat you well.
Banquets/Waitress (Former Employee), Farmington, PAApril 25, 2012
Nemacolin has amazing food and so hospitable, they really treat you well.