Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employee Reviews

Cold days
Housekeeping Office (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 22, 2017
Season job in a luxury resort. I have to be always with my best smile because everyday i had contact with the guests. when the hotel was full i had to much work but that was only weekends. they employer make different activities to their associates.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
The weather
Busy and very detailed
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time as an apprentice. Full time worker became a different story. I was treated differently. Management was poor and I wasn't pleased anymore
Buen lugar
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 29, 2017
Buen lugar de trabajo no pude seguir trabajando allí pq me mudé de staod
xx
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 25, 2017
had fun at this job and it was a great experience. People were super nice and I learned a lot. I like grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs and hamburgers
Breathtaking
Golf Operations Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 17, 2017
When you first enter Nemacolin, it is beautiful and elegant. There are an abundance of job opportunities, along with advancement and transfers. The training is all provided.
Busy work environment with guests
Golf Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 12, 2017
Interaction with guests daily, booking tee times, assisting guests with purchasing,and other resort experiences. Nice environment but placed in the middle of nowhere. It can be peaceful yet boring at times.
Good place to work at
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  PaAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work at, meet a lot of fun talented colleagues.
Able to learn new techniques and types of food. Would be nice if a gym was provided for staff use , but overall a good place to work at.
Foot Ball
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 24, 2017
I am workholic and can work in team very well and i love to learn always from the others because learning is the style of my life also always looking for the best for my life
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Ambiente laboral divertido y dinamico
Empleada en servicio (Former Employee) –  Farmington, Pensilvania. Estados UnidosApril 19, 2017
Haber trabajo en Nemacolin fue una experiencia increíble y llena de cosas muy positivas! Ademas de haber aprendido de otra cultura, hice un muy lindo grupo de trabajo.
Pros
Seguro medico
Externship (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 16, 2017
The resort is a great place to work. You will spend a lot of your time there. Most days are 16 hour days. Not much to do when off work. It is a beautiful place to work for. The owner is wonderful and they take care of their employees.
Top notch employer
Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 11, 2017
The resort's main focus is exactly where it should be, the guest. Employees are held to high expectations, expected to follow the rules and deliver 5 star service. Work hard, care about the job you do and take pride in your work ethic. Pretty easy to love working there. Owners give back to their employees as well as reward them for being their best. Great place to work.
Pros
You are appreciated for a job well done. Free uniforms, dry cleaning. Staff dining 24/7. Generous perks.
Cons
Not encouraged to utilize some parts of resort.
Not very eco-friendly
Sales (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 10, 2017
I try and work for companies that try and do good for the environment. But this company is the exact opposite and I can't stand places that don't take notice in how they are hurting the environment around them.
Fun and Exciting
Golf Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 8, 2017
Work hard and enjoy the benefits. You will meet a lot of celebrities. Associates receive multiple on site benefits and discounts. A very memorable working place.
Productive place to enagage with guests and have fun.
Recreation Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at work includes assisting customers while they are purchasing ski lift tickets and rentals. I answer the phone regarding all guests concerns and make reservations for them. I also am in charge of handling all bank duties. The hardest part of my job the miscommunication with other parts of the resort in regards to reservations. The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers as a team and engaging with the guests to make sure they have an amazing experience.
Pros
Team work/ management/guests
Cons
reservations
very harsh working outdoors in the winter in the mountains
Pool / Spa Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAFebruary 9, 2017
loved taking care of the water features. the spas features were exceptionally nice. had 5 public swimming pools to take care of which were quite the adventure, but they were beautiful. Loved all the work. Did not have enough help to cover the load of work though.
Pros
mostly nice people to work for
Cons
working out of a golf cart all winter, very cold
Close to home free uniforms
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington,paJanuary 31, 2017
Descent job average pay no benefits no holidays off and only 3 paid holidays to much of a turn over in management in all departments change of work the and schedule always changing
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Lunch provided for small charge but not very good
Awesome Resort
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 18, 2017
I had to greet the guest once they come into the locker room. I had to check them in and get them the right size sandals and robe. I took them to their waiting area for their appointment.
Great Learning Expierince
Chef De Partite (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PADecember 8, 2016
You get to cook with and learn from great people.Met many people from all over the world. they always treated me fairly so cant complain low pay was the only problem.
Pros
free lunches Great staff to teach those willing to learn
Cons
alot of weekends long hours when busy none when slow
Average
Zookeeper (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PASeptember 26, 2016
Not much room for advancement, but the pay is fair. Long, hard days are rewarding at the wild kingdom. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful on the job.
Oh the stories I can tell.
on call transportation expert (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PASeptember 22, 2016
Thought the world of the place. Had a long history. No of that mattered. When they are finished with you, they call you trash. You can say disgruntled but that is not the case. More like disillusioned. Just found out 2 weeks age I was no longer employed. The message did not come from the company, but by the 401k provider with that letter we all get, since your employment status has changed, usually after they pull you in the office to tell you they eliminated your position. Had to call in to find out I did not work there anymore.
Pros
The people you work with....
Cons
The people you work for....