Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employee Reviews

exciting
Management (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 2, 2016
Nemacolin is an exciting place to work. There are many opportunities across many departments. If you work hard and keep your nose clean, you will be recognized for it and offered promotions. It is great hands-on experience that makes you a stronger, more agile employee. Expect to work hard, but the rewards can be great.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
open 24/7/365
Enjoyed my 21 years there for most part
Director of Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaOctober 30, 2015
Challenging place to work, lot of fun, very demanding on time. They were always adding new things to make it interesting. Met a lot of neat people from Presidents to Hollywood and music superstars. I was in charge of all security and safety, all risk management, workers compensation, liability claims. Very challenging position. Position was eliminated in June 2015, along with many other Director Positions.
Pros
Always new things happening, opportunity to meet so many neat people
Cons
drive was an hour to and from work, owners difficult
Very Diverse
Intern - Aqueous/Banquets/The Tavern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 4, 2015
There are so many different styles of cooking here I think it was a good place to get my feet wet. I got to work in a array of kitchens while staying on property.
Unique Privately Owned Resort
Reservations Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 21, 2015
Every day is different at this 2,000 acre resort in southwestern Pennsylvania. Guest service is the most important thing each day. There are some employee discounts/benefits that no other employer can offer.
Pros
Property Benefits
Cons
Expensive health benefits
Fun place to work for young students.
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 4, 2015
This was a good entry level position for employees with minimal experience. It was a combination of working, playing, and learning at first. Throughout the years, I outgrew the position. I would recommend this job to a young student as a fun way to make money throughout school.
Pros
One dollar lunches, 401k
Cons
variable hours
NOT TOO GOOD FOR A PLACE TO BE TREATED FAIRLY!!!!!!!!!!!
FLOOR TECH AND HOUSEKEEPING DUTIES (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 21, 2015
MADE A MISTAKE TAKING JOB HERE -----NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES! MIDDLE MANAGEMENT OUT OF CONTROL,UPPER MANAGEMENT SOLID
Cons
poor customer service/treat employees pretty badly
Stressful, but competitive wages
Woodlands World-Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 20, 2014
Learned how to be a manager, how to set sales goals and achieve them, very budget oriented company, weekly inventory cycles, Had a good sales team around me,
Consistently busy work environment, but is a fun atmosphere.
The Tavern Restaurant Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 12, 2014
A typical work day is being ready to be "on the go." After all, it is a restaurant at a five star, five diamond resort. First thing is first, prepping the staff on what to expect in the up coming lunch and dinner shifts. We typically have an average number on what to expect each day.
I over see all FOH (front of house) operations. I deal with concerns with guests such as an unsatisfied customer with either the service or food. Regardless of the experience, good or bad, it is my job that the guest leaves satisfied and happy.
The hardest part of my job would definitely be the work and life balance. Since it is a restaurant at a resort, we are open every holiday, long hours, and 7 days a week. At times, it can become stressful.
What I love most about my job is that I am consistently moving. There is never a dull moment and I am always on my feet, which in returns makes time go by fast. I also enjoy conversing with such a diverse group. Whether it's with the guests staying with us or just simply the staff.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
long hours, stressful days
Nemacolin
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 29, 2014
It was a learning experience definitely by the most part. But overall there management was horrible in some areas of the resort. I took a lot out of the externship, but I would never recommend any young adults that go to IUP Culinary Art School to go to this resort. It may have been good for other students, but it certainly was not my cup of tea.
Pros
free lunches, good benefits.
Cons
bad management
Quite an Experience!
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 10, 2014
Tough work all day! Beautiful landscape and rain all the time. I had to learn some PATUA in order to get along with my co-workers from Jamaica. The area has a lot of history involved which I really appreciate.
Pros
$1 dollar meal is great!
Cons
no fixed schedule.
Team orientated
Preventative maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the experience is the team members. Everyone would assist each other with a smile and can do attitude.
Never a dull moment at Nemacolin
Group Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 17, 2014
There is never a dull moment at this resort. One day, you are helping a family do a ropes course-- the next day you are doing a team building activity for over 40 employees of a large corporation. The job duties vary greatly, including planning , coordinating, and supervising activities, working with other departments, and ensuring the safety of the guests . This broad list of duties has allowed me to grow in many different areas and aquire many different skills. Working at Nemacolin has helped me learn how to deal with customers to ensure that they have the most pleasurable time possible at the resort. I have become comfortable working with all types of people and confident in being able to solve any situations (both good and bad). The staff works as a team toward the goal of 100 percent customer satisfaction and to live up to the resorts motto of "Expect the Unexpected" One of the drawbacks is the lack of time off for holidays--but on the plus side there is a great deal of satisfaction in helping a family enjoy their time at the resort. It is always rewarding when guests return to Nemacolin and remember you for the wonderful experience you were able to give for them.
Pros
large amount of activities to manage, both indoors and outdoors
Cons
sacrificing holidays and weekends to work
Great Work Place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 10, 2014
My work day was to work the midnight shift where I learned how to calculated all the hotel revenue throughout the day, make sure all the paper work goes to the right departments. My co-workers were great I learned a lot form everyone down there.
Pros
free lunch, place to stay if weather was bad
Cons
hard to get any type of promotion
a ok job
floor tech (Current Employee) –  PADecember 17, 2012
The typical day at work is to take care of the floors. What i learned is how to take care of stone floors. The management is very nice. The hardest part of the job is keeping busy.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Nemacolin has amazing food and so hospitable, they really treat you well.
Banquets/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 25, 2012
Nemacolin has amazing food and so hospitable, they really treat you well.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 31, 2015
Excelente ambiente, equipo y cultura de trabajo.
El trato con los hu├ęspedes fue una de las mejores experiencias de mi vida.