NEMAK

NEMAK United States Employee Reviews

In The Workplace
Inspector (Current Employee), Brookpark, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Knowing I am a part of assembling the number one truck in the world.
Cons: A bit loud...
I come into work and sweep out the area as everyone gets into place to start the day. We all take this job very seriously.
Communication and working together is very important. We all look out and help each other when needed.
Our management team is great. They are hands on and very helpful with good attitudes. Management tells us what the goal is for the day and any issues we need to look out for.
The hardest part of the job is that it's non stop. We must be focused and alert at all times.
Most enjoyable part of this job is working with positive people who care about the quality of the product we are producing for Ford Motor Company.
Line Worker
Line Worker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 14, 2015
Typical day would include checking parts for any damages and defects. Making sure that the products coming out were done neatly and properly
Very challenging equipment, an excellent place to learn.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Glasgow, KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: excellent learning opportunity.
Cons: not enough off hours with family. standard work practices are non-exsistant.
I have learned a tremendous amount since I have been here. I am a little uncomfortable with the lack of planning and the safety program.
Good Place to Work.
Fork Lift Operator & Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALJanuary 18, 2015
Working at Nemak was a very enjoyable experience. Would have stayed longer if I hadn't moved to another state.
Serious place with little fun and security
Expediter/Buyer (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: human resources
The employees were great, but the job security is horrible. Human resources...well... not really human. Possibly cold and dead inside. Pay was good.
Don't work here
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WINovember 9, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: hours. culture
Horrible culture. Management treats employees as if they do not matter. Upper management needs better leadership training. Operations manager treats people with disrespect and degrades people. The reputation of this company definitely precedes itself. Move on!
Maintenance Supervisor
Trimmer (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALOctober 21, 2014
Nice company don't work there anymore looking for work. Thank You.
Bad Bad Bad
Maintenance Technician- Preforming (Former Employee), Glasgow KYOctober 15, 2014
Just a bad place to work. Management was terrible, work was hard and co workers suck.
Good work enviornment
Alloy (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIAugust 29, 2014
Working at Nemak was a great experience. I would like to go back and work there in the near future. Working there was great because the co-workers were very helpful in keeping you on the right track ie. the right way to do things. Working there i also learned a lot of new things. I am P.I.T. certified thanks to Nemak.
Good job
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Sylacauga, alJanuary 18, 2014
It is a good job but my stay was short. The typical day was loading and unloading the heat treatment machine. Then taking the aluminum blocks to tack 2. If nothing to do in the heat treatment area I had to shave aluminum blocks.
Nice
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALNovember 8, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: hours
I enjoyed working at Nemak. I furthered my experience as a fork lift operator. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was learning my new job.
Good placed to work
Production Manager (Current Employee), HPDC AlabamaAugust 29, 2013
I have been with Nemak for 8 years and they have been good for me and my famliy.
Not a good place to work. very dangerous.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALAugust 15, 2013
The company seems lost. They don't seem to know what direction to head in. Production manager does not hold the right people accountable for issues that happen often.
Great work people, excellent environment
Resident Engineer Assistant/ Manager (Former Employee), Florence, KYMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy, especailly when your in management like me. Managing and engineering both at the same time can be very fast paced. Your schedule is always packed, however you work with great people so everyday is fun.
productive fast paced environment
Lead Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: none really
A day at nemak, repairing , fixing all day and assisting others,good team work here as well what ive learned there is to slow down ,think about the problems at hand ,fix and think of ideas on improvement how to make the machinery run more reliably and efficient, management is great ,they know whats going on and what the next move will be.the hardest part of the job would be dealing with the demands of getting equipment fixed in a timely fashion,the most ive enjoyed about it is keeping the plant running makeing parts and money
Good pay, Management needs help
Maintenance Technician (Multicraft) (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management, work/life balance
They pay good, but have no respect for a work/life balance. Regularly was forced to work for a month straight. Management is only interested in getting product to the end of the line, at any cost.
Ok place, many inconsistencies and unprofessional flaws.
General Production (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WINovember 9, 2012
Pros: benefits and wage
Cons: unprofessionalism at times
Depending on your job and supervisor it can be a great place to work or a terrible one. The best way to get by there is to be quiet, stay on your toes, and accept anything and everything. How you are treated depends on the Supervisor's mood and overall thoughts on you. I have learned that hard work can pay off and you may eventually be recognized for it, while most goes unnoticed and things out of your control can be demanded and even blamed on you. There is a big "just get it done" attitude there. I have met many nice and hard-working people there and know more about how others deal with work situations. The company has good potential, just has many flaws to be changed.
Long hard hours, good co workers
Production (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALJune 24, 2012
Pros: nice people, decent pay
Cons: no benefits, long hours, dirty work
Had I not married and moved I would have stayed with Nemak. The people were great to work with. It was a dirty job, 10+ hours every day, but the pay was decent and consistent.

About NEMAK

With a cast of customers like Ford, General Motors, Hyundai, Nissan, and Renault, J. L. French Automotive Castings hopes to get – Read more