NEMAK Employee Reviews

Love the ppl
Technician, trainer, internal auditor (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNApril 26, 2017
Undermanaged but overall great ppl, fast advancement , great pay, training is great, too hot during the summer for employees that work the hours they do
Pros
Learn alot
Cons
Short breaks
Job lacking
Tooling Technician (Current Employee) –  GlasgowMarch 30, 2017
Not happening in the work field my have to layoff due to product not selling to the dealer not sure what's going on my option the product that's going out ant what the fail is looking for parts not good should invest more money to make better product
Ok place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glasgow kyMarch 18, 2017
Ok place to work good benefits people.are fair great pay extremely hot in the summer an really cold in the winter but always have 40 hrs plus if wanted there
Pros
Free drinks in summer
Cons
No lunch room with long hrs
Nemak
General Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 15, 2017
Honestly, Nemak is one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure of working in. The management admits that the department I was in, 3500 ton die cast, is incredibly dangerous and tends to be a health hazard to those that aren't careful. Which is true.
Out of the four managers I was in contact with, I only got along with one who didn't act like a pompous king speaking to a lowly peasant.
The work was hard, the pay was fair, and the employees who didn't want to work were weeded out pretty quickly. I loved working with a crew of people who actually cared about the products that were made.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, the internal heat in the summer, management, not enough workers, and management.
It is an okay place to work.
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 15, 2017
This year the company has several weeks scheduled to be shutdown and they are losing business. They have a hard time keeping good employees because they do not pay as well as surrounding manufacturing facilities. Their turnover rate is high and it seems as if they only care about the employees when it's convenient for them. The lunch break is not paid and it's very hard to get your vacation days approved by management. A lot of repetitive work that is difficult at times. A somewhat dirty work environment especially at Plant 1. It is also a dangerous work environment at plant 1.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unpaid lunches, job security
most people i worked with was good people but management needed a little work to improvement
Leadman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  glasgow kyFebruary 16, 2017
I was a leadmen it was very rewarding for me to have this position as long as it helped out others that worked under me or in my group
Pros
good money with overtime good people
Cons
management needed work to much of a buddy system
Fast paced automotive supplier
Component Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 8, 2017
Work hard and get paid well for doing so. No place for slackers. Show up for work, mind your own business and you will do very well. Nemak is making great effort to supply advanced training for it employees. Sometimes it's actually in your area of expertise. Most employees realize they should try to improve themselves as the company sees fit and therefore stay marketable.
Steady 5 days a week work
Superintendent Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJanuary 11, 2017
As in every company, Nemak had it's challenges as well as benefits. Management turnover is extremely high which made consistency very difficult. The temperature in the plant is extremely hot.
Stessful low motivating job
2nd Ops General Production Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Very stressful and low motivating job. Supervisors only care about production and not much about the employees morale. Not a great place to work.
It was a manufacturing facility that made car parts.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 29, 2016
Nemak was a factory that was dirty and also very hot inside. I would show up to work and report to management to find out what press I was on. I then went to the press I was told to and did the required duties to the parts that were coming off the press. When the press was down I would clean everywhere that I could because it was a very dirty place to work.
Pros
Compensation was well above average.
Cons
Dirty, parts were hot and heavy.
Good Place
worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 23, 2016
Great people to work with. They are willing to train people to be able to preform the job duty. All around a great company to work for. Pay I good also,
Lack of advance Planing
Production / set-up mainteance (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 5, 2016
Lack of advanced Planning caused by management has resulted in the closing of Lost Foam Production .

Employees were a dream team. Attempting to meet all goals set by management.
Goals were unrealistic ,
Lack of communication between hourly and management lead to rumors that caused problems.

I would still be there if they had the fore site to develop new products in stand of trying to live with only one or two customers.
Pros
Healthcare was afforable
Cons
Mangement didn't care about employes.
Quickly Collapsing
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALAugust 19, 2016
The entire plant that I work in is about to shut down permanently- leaving over 200 employees without a job. Great benefits for full time employees and plenty of overtime. No advancement-even with college degree.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Company shutting down
Good place to work. If they are busy
Warehouse Clerk - Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALAugust 9, 2016
Very hot place to work in the summer. Nice in the winter. They keep people they shouldn't and lay off or fire people they need to keep when it gets slow. Very secretive place. Will not let you know anything until they slam the door in your face. Other than that great company and great pay for what you do.
Pros
Money
Cons
Lay off, No communication
not a good place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 24, 2016
Hot, not a place to go anywhere, coworkers are good to along with, management not that good, dosent train long lucky to get a hour
Productive and friendly worklace
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJuly 13, 2016
Obtained valuable experience as a Forklift lift operator and supervisor of temp workers.
However need better working conditions and pay
Fantastic Company with unlimited growth for potential.
Help Desk/Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TN 37055June 25, 2016
Fantastic company.High caliber, exceptional management. Highly recommend.High success rate, extensive training and the ability to go as far as you want to go.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Nemak Alabama
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 14, 2016
Could be a great facility if they would provide stability. In my 6 years there I worked under 9 different plant managers. Each had their own direction and none of them stayed long enough to provide a clear path before the next one came on board.
The lower and front line management team was outstanding in the way they would try to change the culture of the plant with each new plant manager.
They worked 4 shifts,12 hour per days 7 days a week and that did provide ample time off, You never work more than 3 days in a row and had every other weekend off.
A very demanding place to work as a production supervisor, but I met some great people and despite any short comings I was sorry to have been downsized and wish Nemak the best.
Pros
The schedule was great
Cons
Poor leadership at the corporate level
learn about aluminum,hydraulics,and proximity switches
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 28, 2016
nice place to work but not to thrilled with the management and supervisors quality. The company keeps preaching quality but the supervisors are more concerned with quantity.
Pros
educational
Cons
poor management
bring in good money
melting operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALFebruary 11, 2016
a typical day at nemak clock in at 6:25, go to my department greet my fellow coworkers. an inform my supervisor of my arrival.
Pros
get paid every week.
Cons
be off too much, everybody dont have the equal opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEMAK. Our community is ready to answer.