NEMAK Employee Reviews in United States

Nemak Alabama
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 14, 2016
Could be a great facility if they would provide stability. In my 6 years there I worked under 9 different plant managers. Each had their own direction and none of them stayed long enough to provide a clear path before the next one came on board.
The lower and front line management team was outstanding in the way they would try to change the culture of the plant with each new plant manager.
They worked 4 shifts,12 hour per days 7 days a week and that did provide ample time off, You never work more than 3 days in a row and had every other weekend off.
A very demanding place to work as a production supervisor, but I met some great people and despite any short comings I was sorry to have been downsized and wish Nemak the best.
Pros
The schedule was great
Cons
Poor leadership at the corporate level
Small factory under a worldwide company. Needs to get on board with the bigger scale of policies and expectations.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Too many inner circles among employees with different lengths of employment. Not enough team work and too much playing around while trying to be a professional work place. It felt like high school all over again.
Pros
Great break schedule and fabolous IMMEDIATE supervisors.
Cons
Too many rat packs among employees who are supposed to be working as a team.
learn about aluminum,hydraulics,and proximity switches
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 28, 2016
nice place to work but not to thrilled with the management and supervisors quality. The company keeps preaching quality but the supervisors are more concerned with quantity.
Pros
educational
Cons
poor management
Productive and friendly worklace
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJuly 13, 2016
Obtained valuable experience as a Forklift lift operator and supervisor of temp workers.
However need better working conditions and pay
bring in good money
melting operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALFebruary 11, 2016
a typical day at nemak clock in at 6:25, go to my department greet my fellow coworkers. an inform my supervisor of my arrival.
Pros
get paid every week.
Cons
be off too much, everybody dont have the equal opportunity.
not a good place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 24, 2016
Hot, not a place to go anywhere, coworkers are good to along with, management not that good, dosent train long lucky to get a hour
All work no Play
Maintenance Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 21, 2015
I enjoy a challenging environment as always because I am a fixer. Here I worked 36 days straight 10 hours a day. I seldom gota chance to sit and take a 5 minute break. There was no training regiment in place at all. It is also the dirtiest factory I have ever been in.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything else
Company was not for the people,
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 10, 2015
Responsible for ensuring scheduling lab personnel to ensure testing of materials within the Lost Foam and High Pressure Die Cast plants.
 Responsible for maintenance of work instructions and procedures within
the Metallurgical Lab.
 Responsible for developing all work instructions and procedures within
the Metallurgical department.
 Responsible for daily maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment resulting in zero past due for calibration. Real Time X-ray, Spectrometer, Perm meters, Calipers, Image Analysis, Brinell Hardness machine, Metallograph, and all Moisture Analyzer’s.
 Responsible for evaluations, scheduling.
 Responsible all incoming testing for incoming materials, Die Lube, Aluminum Alloy, Sand, Coatings, and Glue.
Pros
pay
Cons
ht enviroment
Strong company that does a good job at taking care of its people
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALAugust 19, 2015
Learned a lot about the entire motor, trany, and other components in the drive train. enjoyed with directly with customer design to resolve new product launches.
Implemented new technologies and really enjoyed teaching them and watching them blossom into more skilled individuals.
Pros
Implementing and teaching new technologies
Cons
Decision making was near impossible
Fast paced and challenging work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 15, 2015
Nemak is a die cast and machining that produces aluminum components for the automotive industry. Talent development, continuous investment in research, technological innovation, and a sustained growth are the stepping stones behind Nemak's global leadership in its segment.

Want to know more about NEMAK?

Ask a question
I'm a temp but
Temporary technician (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 30, 2015
It's an awesome place to work..it's heavy lifting and hard work but I love it..couldn't ask for better people to work with and for....They make you feel like you've known them forever best job I've ever had tho I hear it takes a very long time to get hired on....I work with the nemak crew at a different plant inspecting engine blocks and cylinder heads
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Long hire on if ever
heavy lifting fast paced job
Diecaster/General Production (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 14, 2015
a typical day at work you walk in grab all your supplies so you don't have to leave your machine during you shift other than breaks, go to your machine and start processing and trimming parts to be shipped to the company. The best part of the job is that it is fast paced, the worst part to the job is you get dirty and have a lot of heavy lifting.
In The Workplace
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHApril 16, 2015
I come into work and sweep out the area as everyone gets into place to start the day. We all take this job very seriously.
Communication and working together is very important. We all look out and help each other when needed.
Our management team is great. They are hands on and very helpful with good attitudes. Management tells us what the goal is for the day and any issues we need to look out for.
The hardest part of the job is that it's non stop. We must be focused and alert at all times.
Most enjoyable part of this job is working with positive people who care about the quality of the product we are producing for Ford Motor Company.
Pros
Knowing I am a part of assembling the number one truck in the world.
Cons
A bit loud...
Awesome company and Management team!!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 18, 2015
The company is so great to work for. From the associates on the floor to the plant manager. I would Highly recommend this company to everyone.
N/a
general laborer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow kyAugust 25, 2015
It was a decent place to work ,hot in the summer ,and cold in the winter . The people was nice to work with made several friends
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Very challenging equipment, an excellent place to learn.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 2, 2015
I have learned a tremendous amount since I have been here. I am a little uncomfortable with the lack of planning and the safety program.
Pros
excellent learning opportunity.
Cons
not enough off hours with family. standard work practices are non-exsistant.
Fast paced and challenging
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 23, 2014
Determine high level activities external and internal to prioritize daily outputs.
Learn something new about die casting each day
Management has a high turnover rate
Co-workers have a friendly open environment
hardest part of job is the long hours
most enjoyable part of job is making improvements and seeing the impact.
Pros
excellent healthcare and good salary
Cons
goals constantly changing from year to year, not just a tighter target.
I was a temp
Core worker (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNApril 27, 2015
If you get full time I think it would be a good job. The pay is great when you get full time. There are a lot of bad chemicals in the plant and they do take a lot of safety precautions.
productive fast paced environment
Lead Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALFebruary 8, 2013
A day at nemak, repairing , fixing all day and assisting others,good team work here as well what ive learned there is to slow down ,think about the problems at hand ,fix and think of ideas on improvement how to make the machinery run more reliably and efficient, management is great ,they know whats going on and what the next move will be.the hardest part of the job would be dealing with the demands of getting equipment fixed in a timely fashion,the most ive enjoyed about it is keeping the plant running makeing parts and money
Pros
good work environment
Cons
none really
Ok place, many inconsistencies and unprofessional flaws.
General Production (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 9, 2012
Depending on your job and supervisor it can be a great place to work or a terrible one. The best way to get by there is to be quiet, stay on your toes, and accept anything and everything. How you are treated depends on the Supervisor's mood and overall thoughts on you. I have learned that hard work can pay off and you may eventually be recognized for it, while most goes unnoticed and things out of your control can be demanded and even blamed on you. There is a big "just get it done" attitude there. I have met many nice and hard-working people there and know more about how others deal with work situations. The company has good potential, just has many flaws to be changed.
Pros
benefits and wage
Cons
unprofessionalism at times