NEMF Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 14, 2018
No one knows what they are doing. No proper training management is lazy or don't know what that are doing some management seem to don't know or don't care.
Pros
Having a job and when you go home
Cons
Not paid what your worth
Trucking Company
Administrative Assistant/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJOctober 19, 2017
This was a part time job in the billing of purchase orders from local companies. They were scanned and entered on all the open nights. It was much busier at the end of the nights. It was a nice working environment with a nice staff. Great management.
Productive and fun place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJAugust 27, 2017
The people are wonderful, job security. I would recommend this job to a friend. Actually I already have. The job gives out rewards to show their appreciation.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
I can't think of any right now
It's a job
Logistics (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 27, 2017
Typical day is answering phones & emails. great people. No room for advancement. Need to hire more people, everyone overworked. Benefits are great.
v
Start guys at a decent time so they are able to finish there tasks that they are given.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Irwin paApril 20, 2017
Start employees earlier
Equipment needs updated constantly breaking down
Terrible Comunications between dispatch and drivers.
Pay is not competitive with other company's
bad and worse
Operation Supervisor / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  NYApril 6, 2017
not a good place to work but if you need a job i guess this place will do. worked 12 hours a day and that still wasn't enough time to get the job done.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work.. former dock worker
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 21, 2016
Pay sucks management is horrible the only good thing they are very flexible with hours for part time guys. There are no dock rules osha would shut them down if they saw what goes on there
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Wished I'd taken the other company's offer
Billing clerk (Former Employee) –  15642February 17, 2016
Zero advancement. Nepotism policy only enforced on lower level employees, top levels as inter-related as a West Virginia family re-union. Unqualified people get jobs by knowing management (or management spouses). Employee input given lip service at most by management. Complaints given to HR sent to the person complained about for investigation.
Pros
Co workers okay. Some mid level managers good, but they don't stay long
Cons
Corporate management. No benefits. No raises. No company loyalty
ambiente divertido
montacarguista (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2015
buen ambiente para trabajar , colegas agradables aprendi algo nuevo todo los dias ,lo que mas me gustaba es la livertad de aser mi trabajo a mi manera.
New England Life
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PAApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time there, very flexible, good management, pay was decent for what it was. Not much chance to move up or advanced.
Follow employees where great people to work with.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 31, 2014
Loading the trailer to make deliveries to customer, using a fork lift. Driving to the customers location in New Hampshire, Mass or Vermont. Unloading the freight by hand or pallet jack. Making sure all paperwork is signed by customer, entering all date on a hand held computer, informing dispatch of my status.
When trailer is empty start picking up customers freight at varying locations, inform dispatch we trailer is full or when all pick ups I was giving where done.
Pros
income
Cons
dispatch was hard to work with
A bad place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Rchfield, OHJune 3, 2014
Working on this NEMF dock was a terrible experience. Management at the Richfield hub is VERY RUDE and they are also very unorganized and unsafe. If I were an OSHA representative I would show up without notification and do an inspection. Their biggest customer is Home Depot and alot of product that is ordered gets damaged by the careless operations of NEMF.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
No raises in 8 years!!!!!!!
CLERK,DOCK,OSD,MANAGEMENT OVER 10 YEARS (Former Employee) –  ELIZABETH NJMay 8, 2014
Nemf is a good stepping stone or first job but not a good long term job. Here is some basic info in the elizabeth terminal. Part-time starting rate $12-$13. Full time rate starting at $13.50 And top rate is supposed to be $16-$17 for the dock if they decide to give raises I have some inside friends that have not received a raise after 3 years of employment being full-time. Driver rates are between $17-$21.

(Managers-supervisors) I feel for them some of them were hired from within and got low-balled with the promise of a 6 month review to bring their pay up, did not happened. Starting pay w/no exp.$52K. W/exp. $57-$58K. If you know someone from inside or you have a super-star track record they might pay $62k (don't hold your breath) hours average around 12-14 hour days.

This company at one point was a great company, no more it is honestly heading down hill. The moral is at an all time low. (Health benefits suck.) No 401k match just your money. The company lost almost all the good employees they had from sales department, dock, supervisors, shop mechanics,customer service, and so on... By not taking care of them. They were replaced by mediocre people at best.

(Vacations & personal days) 2 weeks after 1 year & 4 personal days (which are also your sick days) 3 weeks after 7 years for drivers and dock, 10 years for everyone else. There were talks about eliminating the 3 weeks and only offering 2. They eliminated all their incentive programs that at one point were good. Not anymore all they've been doing for the last 8 years is cutting back, this is not a sign of a healthy
  more... company. At one point they had a bright future a can't see it anymore with the people running the company.  less
Pros
Stepping stone or first job ( good for a learning experience.)
Cons
Read review for details.
Terrible Union company
Driver CDL (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 12, 2014
Ancient equipment
They will run you like a dog.
Force you to break hos rules
Great Company
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2014
Great job! management on top of everything, I only left to stay at my full time job.
Pros
money
Cons
hours
Great job flexible hours.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJNovember 13, 2013
NEMF was a great job to have while I was going to school part-time. I worked there Part-time evenings. The supervisor would give you a trailer to unload or load and after you were done you would go up to his office for more work. I learned how a freight company worked the management was knowledgeable and ran things smoothly. My coworkers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding space on the dock because they had so much business there sometimes not enough room to store everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendship with my coworkers.
Pros
Flexible hours while I was going to school part-time.
Cons
Limited space on the dock.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 22, 2012
Everyone in the department were very friendly and there was always something new to learn. Everyone help each other when needed.
good job, hard work, pays off at Nemf!!
driver p&d (Current Employee) –  Richfield OhioSeptember 5, 2012
I'm a long time employee from the Ohio operation... and, I'm happy its like everything else in life you get out of something what you put in...Nemf can be a frustrating place to work but it can be a very rewarding place to work as well... we are after all... excellence in motion
Pros
good benefits, good hourly pay, great people to work for and with
Cons
long hours, outdoor work environment
Environment full of of lazy entitled prima-donnas. Very poor mgmt
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough MEJuly 18, 2012
Environment full of of lazy entitled prima-donnas. Very poor mgmt. Old equipment. Everyone out for themselves & wouldn't know the definition of the word 'Team' if you hit them with the manual.
greta place to work great enviroment
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  montgomery newyorkJanuary 5, 2012
it was great just because was at nite time job but great place to work excellent pay fun place to work lots of benefits
Pros
exellent supervisors and free holidays meals
Cons
nite time work heavy loads