Nemours Employee Reviews in United States

Minimal training sets you up for failure
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 14, 2016
I started with the CHA division of Nemours as a medical assistant. The staff had all been with the practice for 4-10 years prior to Nemours taking over. I got minimal training on everything, from how to operate the computer system to how things worked in the office . Most of the staff was rude and not helpful with the exception of 1 person who felt obligated to teach the basics since she needed time off. Lots of talking behind your back. Not a comfortable atmosphere to work in. I left and never returned. Worst experience of my medical career.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits and opportunity 4 advancement
Cons
Barely any training, cliques are a problem
smoke and mirrors
Director of Nursing/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
The department of psychiatry in Jacksonville is supportive of NPs and works as a team. The challenge is the leadership structure and lack of a true voice for advanced practitioners. It is a great opportunity to work with children but presents challenges regarding maintaining a healthy work life balance and may be frustrating regarding the lack of support from upper administration
Bad Management/HR Department
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 20, 2016
Checking patients in/out answering phone
Management does not backup staff
coworkers will stab you in the back to move up the ladder
HR department is not there for employees
hardest part dealing with hypocrisy of coworkers and doctors
most enjoyable seeing the children
Pros
vacation time. sick time
Cons
back stabbing, manager who does not know how to manage
peds critical care
Staff Nurse, surgicenter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 7, 2016
Critical care dominated the majority of my career. The pace was fast, autonomous, and required critical judgment and interventions. The team was cohesive, and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the potential for poor outcomes
Pros
great learning and healing
Cons
poor outcomes
productive and fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 31, 2015
enjoyable place to work everyone is always willing to help one another. Ive worked here for almost 2 years as a nursing assistant and have recently received my nursing license. I have had a wonderful experience here and have learned a lot. I consider it a privilege to be able to have spent the last 2 years working here.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
can not think of any
Dysfunctional
IT (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 13, 2016
High turnover rate in our department. If you make one complaint, you better pack your bags! HR aligns with management to get rid of you.

Management cover ups and high turnover costs the company $$$$.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyed working with the clients and their families.
Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 1, 2015
After receiving report and my clients, made an initial observation, and provided medication/treatment Documented observation, medication administration, and treatment, Communicated to appropriate people any concerns/problems. Transcribe orders.
I expanded my knowledge in the care of clients with gastrointestinal issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children and their families.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some coworkers were not supportive of each other.
great co workers and hard working management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 6, 2016
I loved it here. great people, great management. Loved everyone and everything about the job. Wish I didn't live so far away.
Productive and Kind Workplace
Senior Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2015
During my 8 year employment at Nemours Children's Clinic, I created life-long friendships and relationships. The people I met while working there have changed and enhanced my life. The job was challenging and constantly motivating me to learn more, do more and advance the program.

I was truly passionate about helping children with cancer during my employment at Nemours. I truly felt I was making a difference. This was certainly one of my favorite places of employment and I miss working there.
Pros
Co-workers, Motivating
Cons
High-Stress
Enjoyed the job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working there and would like any opportunity to work there again. I learned so much from my colleagues and want to continue to grow in knowledge.
Pros
Very impressive environment
Cons
Short breaks
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 31, 2015
The people at Nemours were great top to bottom. The training was top shelf and the supervisors really cared for all. Team meetings were all inclusive.
Working as part of a team
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 24, 2015
We work at great place that allows/encourage us to provide the best outcome for our patients. I feel proud when I tell people that I just met that I am an employee of Nemours.
Pros
Manager encourages scholarship venues
Cons
The location of items needed for cases are regulary movng to a "new spot"
Very quiet and work driven
Access Center of Delaware Valley Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington DelawareSeptember 10, 2015
Highly motivated professional who is looking for a new and challenging position in a professional environment where I can utilize my 20 plus years of providing executive level support.
Pros
Great Hospital
Cons
Not good to employees
Productive, Caring, Children Driven Atmosphere
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 23, 2015
Nemours is filled with great hard working physcians. All staff members go above and beyond for the care of the children. Everyday that I start my work day is filled with the positive attitude that no matter how small or big I will make a difference to someone. It's a very fast paced enviroment, your faced with different challenges everyday, It's how you handle those challenges that makes a difference. Nemours is a team atmosphere so when help is needed you have everyone that's on your team to reach out to. Your never felt like your alone and left to figure things out yourself. The hardest part of my job in my opinion is feeling as if you accomplished nothing at the end of your day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the children who's lives you've made a difference in.
Pros
Being part of the Nemours team
Cons
Dental benefits
Central Business office is very high production environment
Account Reconciliation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2015
If you can handle the stress of a high production office environment. Well worth the effort to apply. Great benefits, family oriented work structure. Flex time is a perk!
Care and Love fill the hallways !
Clinical Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 15, 2016
When I took my child to Nemours for a check up for scoliosis I couldn't believe this was really a hospital. My daughter asked if we were in a children's fun place (theme park) because the hallways had street names like Turtle Way and fun things. The colors on the walls were bright and cheery. There were little children being pulled in wagons and laughing. Doctors and nurses smiled at your child as they passed by and spoke to other children using their first name.

I said to myself on the commute back home that one day I would work there. It actually happened several years later and I came to know some of the nicest people ever. The history of Nemours is profound and explains so much about the surroundings and Mansion. There are portraits of the Founders in some hallways which puts it all together. It was originally a hospital for crippled children because Alfred had a personal heart for them

My manager was The Best. She was kind, considerate, professional and quite effective at her own job of managing all 28 of us while keeping us all happy.

The hardest part of the job was when there was an unfortunate story that occurred within the hospital. Everyone seemed to come together even more.

The most enjoyable part of the job was transcribing the clinic notes and learning about studies and cases.
Pros
State of the art facility
Cons
Switching over to voice-recognition in lieu of humans
fun place to work
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington DelawareAugust 17, 2015
Interacting with the children on a daily basis. Some of your closest friends are people that you work with. The atmosphere is always pleasant.
Great learning environment
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day would be cleaning the toys, cleaning the play room, cleaning the patient's rooms, helping out staff members with little jobs (running errands). When I am finished with those responsibilities, I shadow the nurses. I go with them to transport patients, I sit in the front and see how they check patients in, I go into the rooms and see how they take blood or give medication, I even got to see the doctor suture. The nurses and doctors are amazing. They answer any question I ask and prepared me for the possibility of my future. The hardest part of the job is seeing a child hurt and in pain. The most enjoyable part is when I am escorting the patient out of their room when they are discharged because they feel much better and thank us for our help.
Pros
free snack
Cons
far drive
No work/life balance
material management (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 22, 2015
A very bad work/life balance. If you have a family, or kids of your own, you don't want to work here! Management plays favorites, and stretches the staff thin. Co-workers backstab you, and are quick to "throw you under the bus." When you have a new idea, you are quickly cut down by management, and then they present the same idea in their words to make it seem like they thought of it. If you have a concern of any kind, the most common and famous response there will be... "It is what it is". You are referred to as a "body", or "pair of hands", and since management bickers amongst themselves, getting a clear answer about anything is a joke. As for training, if you like being thrown right into the fire, this is the place for you! Once you decide you want to leave, they treat you poorly, and make you feel uncomfortable. Oh, and the vacation and floating holidays that you worked hard for to accrue? Yea, they take all that away from you too! Other than helping the kids there, there is absolutely no advantage to working at Nemours.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
everything else
great learning experience
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Great learning experience, and great doctors. You have to learn to multi task and work well under pressure, those sets of skills makes the job come as if natural to you.

A typical day is really busy so you need to make sure you're focusing on everything.

Co workers are very hard workers.

Most enjoyable is the patients and families!

2.9