Nemours Employee Reviews

Negative culture. Innovation not welcome
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Nemours, FlMarch 30, 2017
Revolving door company with bad, negative culture. Psychological department in Florida is poorly run with low flexibility and a punitive approach. Overall, medical management is quick in firing, low in conflict resolution and listening.
Multitask job
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2017
Very busy work place and a lot of multitasking and traveling to different locations if needed. Management pays for you to travel to different locations and the hardest part is dealing with upset patients in person. Free lunchs everyday.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
no breaks
productive and fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy and fun. I worked with children so you never knew what you would get because every child is different. I loved what I did because it involved helping children. I learned a lot working in Otolaryngology. I helped with in office procedures and also setting up procedures. There was really nothing hard or difficult about the job because I loved it so much. The management team needs upgrading or counseling because they do not treat everyone fair like their supposed to. But other then Management the job is wonderful.
Pros
Stimulating environment that is non-stop, Healthcare Benefits, Rewarding and satisfying career working in a clinic, Having a positive impact on patients, Job stability, Fun, Good salary, Making a difference, Job growth/security, You’re part of a big team
Cons
Dealing with Tragedy, Exposure to germs, Frustration when patients do not get better, Sometimes the parking options are competitive
Poor Management Support and Leadership, Unstable
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 27, 2017
High turnover, poor leadership, unstable environment, unsupportive management and upper leadership, frequent turnover of staff due to poor morale and high clinical volumes, Leadership positions are filled before posting
Cons
Non-Supportive Management and Director leadership
excellent nurses
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 8, 2017
Nemours provides a great environment and beautiful safe campus. It feels like a family. The nurses are highly skilled and give excellent care. Parking is free
Respiratory Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 7, 2017
I feel that Nemours is a great place to work and takes value in their employees. They have treated us with respect, value our options and input for improvement of patient care and work process.
great pediatric care
Administrative Director, Dept of Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 6, 2017
Nemours/duPont is a very under appreciated, given its proximity to Philadelphia. Great care, complete set of specialists, and a very caring staff. No compromises in care.
Best place on earth
Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Lots of good things to say about nemours, from staff to patients. Family friendly. Commutation is number one. No stress on job. Everyone helping everyone
Pros
All good there
Cons
Pay, benifits, staff
Great place to work.
Certified Medical Coder/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Was the Auditor for the Pensacola site. I enjoyed the team I worked with and loved the physicians I assisted. There is nothing more to say. Great job and salary.
Great work experience and learning environment
Resident in Pastoral Care (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 2, 2017
Nemours provided an excellent introduction to Pediatric Healthcare. The Director of Pastoral during my tenure was excellent in case consultations and weekly supervision meetings. I was offered opportunities to learn and grow as a chaplain. There was weekly education and as a senior member of the CPE group I taught regularly on a variety of topics related to Pastoral Care.

The most enjoyable time was spent with as part of the Palliative Care team. The most difficult part of the job was helping young patients and their loved ones cope with complex medical conditions and the care decisions.
Pros
The food services provided healthy options and alway improved the menus
Cons
Communication always needs improvement
Rewarding pediatric outpatient clinic
Speech Language Pathologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Nemours is an outstanding pediatric clinic that offers a variety of services. Nemours staff is catered to providing the best care for all children and their families.
Great place to work!!
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Wonderful place to work!! Great co-workers, wonderful physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and their families that I care for.
Growing pains with a great mission
not willing to answer (Current Employee) –  not willing to answerJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Nemours is extremely rewarding on a personal level. It wasn't until recently that it was rewarding on a financial level. This truly is a job you do for love, not financial gain. Over the years, the company has gone from a mom and pop hospital whose main concern was providing the best care for the children to an actual healthcare system that needs to make money. This in no way has taken anything away from the original mission, however, it has placed a huge burden on the associates to make due with less. The outcome of the work is rewarding, but the politics it takes to make it happen will make you crazy.
Cons
work life balance can be lacking
Great place to work while I was there
Executive Assistant ● Coding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2017
The management was very good. It was like a family there back when I worked there. I hear it has a changed a great deal but I had no complaints. I respected my bosses and those in upper management.
Wonderful place to work
PT (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 16, 2016
Best co-workers you could ever ask for!!! Most supportive, fun-loving, caring, compassionate people to be around!! Great patients and families to work with as well!
Pros
Co-workers, patients, families!
Productive, Amazing workforce
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2016
Love every bit of my job. Nemours children always makes it special. I wouldn't change one bit of Nemours. Parents are amazing, employees are amazing. It doesn't get any better
Very poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2016
Very Poor Management. Nursing management is horrible. They have nurse managers who are too young and inexperienced for their positions. They foster an atmosphere of nurse incivility and bullying. They pick favorites and allow the "outsider' to be treated very unprofessionally by others, even encourage it. There is no discipline for nurses who openly bully new nurses and staff, if they are a management "friend" or drinking buddy. Worst mistake professionally I every made was leaving my previous position for there, but I was tempted by the compensation. Little did I know it was not worth it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Severe nurse on nurse bullying
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  807 Children's way, Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 29, 2016
Small Drs office that allows you the opportunity to learn many aspects of working in a medical office.
You have the opportunity to experience working in the front office and back office.
Pros
Close early on Fridays. Vacation. Yearly bonuses. Dr is very professional and family oriented.
Cons
Work less than 40 hours a week. Not much opportunity for growth within the company.
N/a
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 28, 2016
N/a the patients are greats. The parents are friendly the hours are great Monday - Friday. I don't have anything else to say
Political
Surgery scheduler for 6 physicians (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2016
Management is horrible!!! I was there 11 years when someone who became management in 6 actually wrote me up for staying home with my sick child....um isn't this a childrens clinic???? Teria is the worst manager I have ever experienced, she is racist and devious. If you are high up your job will be fine, if you are below that it doesn't matter.
benefits
Cons
management is terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemours. Our community is ready to answer.