Nemours Employee Reviews in United States

Small Place lots of issues
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2013
Not much positive to say the pay is well and it provides me a way to keep my lights on. Management is ran by a select few with absolutely no backbone. The political games and red tape is the biggest turn off. You get more rewards here by doing a lack luster job without following through.
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else...
Very quiet and work driven
Access Center of Delaware Valley Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington DelawareSeptember 10, 2015
Highly motivated professional who is looking for a new and challenging position in a professional environment where I can utilize my 20 plus years of providing executive level support.
Pros
Great Hospital
Cons
Not good to employees
Not what they say they are
MT (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlJanuary 30, 2013
Buddy system, if your my friend I bring you on board even if you dont know what your doing. Closed door meetings , not organized, lack of communication, no team work , lack of clinical judgement . Laboratory is a brand new department lacking of structure.
Pros
beautiful building, good compensation
Cons
no lunch breaks, no knowledge co-workers
Not a fun place to work
PSS (Former Employee) –  OrlandoNovember 2, 2012
Buddy system ,managers are control freaks and bullies .worst place i ever worked,culture is out dated and lots of older judgmental people work there.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
short breaks, managers are control freaks, outdateculture.worst place i ever worked!
Working as part of a team
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 24, 2015
We work at great place that allows/encourage us to provide the best outcome for our patients. I feel proud when I tell people that I just met that I am an employee of Nemours.
Pros
Manager encourages scholarship venues
Cons
The location of items needed for cases are regulary movng to a "new spot"
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2014
Working with children was fulfilling as it met my goals because of my eagerness to teach others. I was constantly praised because I was always enjoying and utilizing my time creatively.
worked alone all day...felt like I was forgotten
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 23, 2013
this was a temporary position. Management did not care. No benefits
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Not likely to hire anyone with credible experience
employee (possible) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2013
I recently completed several applications with Nemours. For the positions that Nemours were seeking to fill, I know that I had more than enough experience to fill the position. I do believe that Nemours like many other companies hire people based on who they know within the company instead of the experience and qualifications one possess. You work hard to achieve the necessary education and experience and yet someone determines you have either too much or too little experience to fill a position. I am certain that Nemours is working hard to care for their patients, but I do not see the same dedication in hiring employees based on their talents, experience, and knowledge of the position. I do pray that Nemours will revamp the hiring process to include not only employees who are familiar with management and other staff but also to include the candidate that is capable of honoring the facility's mission.
Awesome benefits, Poor management
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2013
Awesome benefits. Poor management. Bad leadership. Favoritism and nepotism at its best.
Verifying insurance/benefits/returning patient phone calls
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2012
Worked in many areas checkin / checkout. Calling insurance companies to verify benefits. Worked well with others.
Poor Management for physicians
OR nurse (Former Employee) –  OrlandoMay 12, 2013
As a Staff OR nurse I found the nurses here to be petty, clicky, and the lack of leadership and management is appalling. The poor management starts at the top with the Nursing Administration basically dictating how physicians should practice. There is absolutely no consideration for years of experience and I have never seen the Human Resource department be so involved at micromanaging physicans and nurses. The OR is a complete joke. The anesthesia department for example has had one physician resign and one was fired. What is left is a skeleton crew of brand new grad CRNA's who know less than the OR nurses. The Chairman of the department is not even an MD but a DO who does not believe in pain medicine. I constantly had to battle the anesthesia department for pain meds for PACU recovery. This is supposed to be a Peds Hospital right? I would never take my child here or refer anyone to this Nemours. I have since went back to Arnold Palmer. A beautiful building filled with incompetent and mean people.
I once loved Nemours. Not anymore.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Home Office - Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2012
I worked for Nemours for close to 10 years. In those 10 years I had three positions. The first was a promotion and the other two were considered lateral moves, so they did not have to compensate me. The management is VERY sneaky. They have a lot of closed door meetings, then surprise you with major changes. They make decisions about your career and future without consulting you. I had that happen to me time and time again. I planned to retire from Nemours, but was forced to leave when they eliminated my position. I was not given any severance pay for the years served, when in 2009 during their "reduction in force" (RIF), they provided those folks with 1 week of pay for every year of service, plus re-employment assistance. I got nothing from Nemours. I was well liked and had nothing but great performance reviews and accolades, and have proven over and over again that I can easily adapt to new challenges and succeed. After my departure, I found out they fired a young lady and then re-hired her in another department. As far as I’m aware, that is against company policy. They also promoted several co-workers to other teams, which require they learn new jobs. Why couldn't they do that for me? They also consistently promote only those who are well liked, and allow "trouble makers" to remain with the company. I once loved Nemours and felt very proud to work for them, but they proved to me they have no loyalty to their employees. They have adopted the corporate America attitude. Once you serve your usefulness, they will get rid of you without thinking twice. The only saving grace for  more... me was knowing what I did made a difference in a sick childs life and also my wonderferul co-workers/peers. Nemours has some good people working for them, but unfortunately the managament and executives don't care about the people who do all the work.  less
Pros
nice office, on campus cafeteria, benefits, vacation
Cons
lack of communication, sneaky managers, playing favorites, too corporate for being non-profit, only loyal to well liked employees
fun place to work
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington DelawareAugust 17, 2015
Interacting with the children on a daily basis. Some of your closest friends are people that you work with. The atmosphere is always pleasant.
Unorganized, terrible place to work. This Orlando hospital does not act with "good faith." Beware Imaging Technologist!
Imaging (Former Employee) –  OrlandoApril 7, 2014
Unorganized management, poor communication unless your part of the managers"click." Training is terrible, took me 5 weeks to get a sigh on to do necessary functions of my job. Manager relies on recent grads to inform her your progress. When you make the manager aware of issues you are only offered excuses.
This place without a doubt is the most "lackluster" outfit I have ever seen. No respect for seasoned technologist! This place has people tripping over each other all day with no direction. All to quick to stab you in the back and think nothing of it! It's a shame, their are a few great technologist with ethics, to bad their micro managed and stifled.
Nemours claim they are "trying to create a new culture." They already have ,subpar with no ethics! Human resources proves to be ineffective as well in solving your issues.
Don't waste you skills and time here, they won't be appreciated. Nice building, that's it. BEWARE.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
everything and then some.
Great learning environment
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day would be cleaning the toys, cleaning the play room, cleaning the patient's rooms, helping out staff members with little jobs (running errands). When I am finished with those responsibilities, I shadow the nurses. I go with them to transport patients, I sit in the front and see how they check patients in, I go into the rooms and see how they take blood or give medication, I even got to see the doctor suture. The nurses and doctors are amazing. They answer any question I ask and prepared me for the possibility of my future. The hardest part of the job is seeing a child hurt and in pain. The most enjoyable part is when I am escorting the patient out of their room when they are discharged because they feel much better and thank us for our help.
Pros
free snack
Cons
far drive
growing company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 24, 2015
Growing hospital that provides excellent patient care. Work life balance is hard to achieve. Very committed providers.
Terrible ethics.
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2013
Radiology has terrible ethics. I have yet to work in a place that has such poor management, all around. I took the job for money but I feel as if I sold my soul. There is one Radiologist who puts down the techs and nothing is done about it. In the begining they talked about the great standards of behavior, but it seems like no one ever practiced them, not even the administration. It seems as if the worst techs are the ones who admin bends over backwards for, but the ones who have experience and knows what they are doing, and do not mess up exams, are the ones who get punished. I have lost all respect for the Nemours name since working here and from what I hear from other collegues in other hospitals, they know the stories of them place and feel as if this hospital is a joke.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad administration, poor standards of behavior.
Rewarding
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 15, 2013
Management is a little difficult. Don't really trust them within the Department. THe administration is good and seem to listen but don't really act on what the concerns are. Very rewarding taking care of the children. Surgeons are great and fun to work with. Co workers are hard working and know the team concept
Pros
rewarding, up to date equipment
Cons
short staffed, long hours
A very boring and stressful place to be.
PSS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Mirco manger to the tee. Not a fun place. You would think that the job would be awesome because it is a childred clinic. Nooooo more that job security and power struck supervisor and managers. Look elsewhere. The most enjoying thing about the job at Nemours were helping the kids.
Cons
stressfel
Summary
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJune 2, 2013
A typical day in Accounts Payable Department is making sure all invoices have been processed in a timely manner for the next check updated for payment processing. Job task includes process invoices, payment request, and match PO in Smart Recon which is Lawson software. Assist other co-workers if needed. A challenge is when the PO and invoice do not match due to item description, This could be an example of a ping pong table, a little more effort to get the ball to the other side. In the work place extra research is needed, to get invoice processed so that we do not incur late fees/ finance charges. During this past year my company opened a new hospital, although I am a patient person it made me realize how much pressure upper management was under, I knew I had to be extra accountable for all my responsibilities to ensure everything was running smoothly for my accounts. I really enjoy working for my employer, thy are very generous with us. It's a joy to know that a few invoices may save a child's life.
Pros
a few pros flexible hours, pleasant atmosphere and management keep us informed of decisions

2.9