Nemours

Nemours Employee Reviews

Very Political
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2014
If someone in the old management doesn't like you you are out
They fire employees by fed ex, texting or on the phone. They might as well facebook you
Unorganized, terrible place to work. This Orlando hospital does not act with "good faith." Beware Imaging Technologist!
Imaging (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 7, 2014
Pros: fair pay
Cons: everything and then some.
Unorganized management, poor communication unless your part of the managers"click." Training is terrible, took me 5 weeks to get a sigh on to do necessary functions of my job. Manager relies on recent grads to inform her your progress. When you make the manager aware of issues you are only offered excuses.
This place without a doubt is the most "lackluster" outfit I have ever seen. No respect for seasoned technologist! This place has people tripping over each other all day with no direction. All to quick to stab you in the back and think nothing of it! It's a shame, their are a few great technologist with ethics, to bad their micro managed and stifled.
Nemours claim they are "trying to create a new culture." They already have ,subpar with no ethics! Human resources proves to be ineffective as well in solving your issues.
Don't waste you skills and time here, they won't be appreciated. Nice building, that's it. BEWARE.
Great Place to Work...
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2014
Nemours is a fabulous organization with a well-intentioned mission: helping children. I absolutely love the fact that I work for an organization with such passion for children and their employees. However, there is limited upward movement and I am looking to not only advance but find a position that really drives my desire to help others directly.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2014
Working with children was fulfilling as it met my goals because of my eagerness to teach others. I was constantly praised because I was always enjoying and utilizing my time creatively.
N/A
Performance Improvement/Patient Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2014
• Organize, compile, document and analyze data to produce reports from which opportunities for quality/safety improvement, intervention and educational activities can be identified
• Educate staff in continuous quality improvement and patient safety concepts, processes and tools
Fun and exciting
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: crothall
Nemours is a wonderful place to work for and the hospital staff specially the PSS are great
Small Place lots of issues
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything else...
Not much positive to say the pay is well and it provides me a way to keep my lights on. Management is ran by a select few with absolutely no backbone. The political games and red tape is the biggest turn off. You get more rewards here by doing a lack luster job without following through.
worked alone all day...felt like I was forgotten
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 23, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
this was a temporary position. Management did not care. No benefits
Rewarding
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 15, 2013
Pros: rewarding, up to date equipment
Cons: short staffed, long hours
Management is a little difficult. Don't really trust them within the Department. THe administration is good and seem to listen but don't really act on what the concerns are. Very rewarding taking care of the children. Surgeons are great and fun to work with. Co workers are hard working and know the team concept
Enjoyable
Internship (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2013
Enjoyable Co-Workers, the staff all work very hard, and are very protection of their patients. Extremely organized work place.
Great place to work but not much room for advancement
Research Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits especially if you have kids.
Cons: corporate business, not all managers on site.
Typical day: Electronic medical records review, scheduling appointments, data entry, paper work
Management: Not easily accessible at all times
Co-workers: Great to work with. Many with same values
Hardest part of job: Poor prognosis and outcomes of some patients
Most enjoyable part of job: Patient and family success with treatment
Summary
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 2, 2013
Pros: a few pros flexible hours, pleasant atmosphere and management keep us informed of decisions
A typical day in Accounts Payable Department is making sure all invoices have been processed in a timely manner for the next check updated for payment processing. Job task includes process invoices, payment request, and match PO in Smart Recon which is Lawson software. Assist other co-workers if needed. A challenge is when the PO and invoice do not match due to item description, This could be an example of a ping pong table, a little more effort to get the ball to the other side. In the work place extra research is needed, to get invoice processed so that we do not incur late fees/ finance charges. During this past year my company opened a new hospital, although I am a patient person it made me realize how much pressure upper management was under, I knew I had to be extra accountable for all my responsibilities to ensure everything was running smoothly for my accounts. I really enjoy working for my employer, thy are very generous with us. It's a joy to know that a few invoices may save a child's life.
Was a job
Nurse (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 16, 2013
Terrible, unfair management
At times hostile work enviroment
Poor Management for physicians
OR nurse (Former Employee), OrlandoMay 12, 2013
As a Staff OR nurse I found the nurses here to be petty, clicky, and the lack of leadership and management is appalling. The poor management starts at the top with the Nursing Administration basically dictating how physicians should practice. There is absolutely no consideration for years of experience and I have never seen the Human Resource department be so involved at micromanaging physicans and nurses. The OR is a complete joke. The anesthesia department for example has had one physician resign and one was fired. What is left is a skeleton crew of brand new grad CRNA's who know less than the OR nurses. The Chairman of the department is not even an MD but a DO who does not believe in pain medicine. I constantly had to battle the anesthesia department for pain meds for PACU recovery. This is supposed to be a Peds Hospital right? I would never take my child here or refer anyone to this Nemours. I have since went back to Arnold Palmer. A beautiful building filled with incompetent and mean people.

May 16, 2013

An OR nurse has the same opinion I had from the Radiology and Laboratory department!!! Not a coincidence What a disgusting place to work. Without a doubt the most disrespectful staff .. How a professional can work in an environment like this. I hope the CEO reads the review and acts right away !!!! Management was poorly selected.

Not likely to hire anyone with credible experience
employee (possible) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2013
I recently completed several applications with Nemours. For the positions that Nemours were seeking to fill, I know that I had more than enough experience to fill the position. I do believe that Nemours like many other companies hire people based on who they know within the company instead of the experience and qualifications one possess. You work hard to achieve the necessary education and experience and yet someone determines you have either too much or too little experience to fill a position. I am certain that Nemours is working hard to care for their patients, but I do not see the same dedication in hiring employees based on their talents, experience, and knowledge of the position. I do pray that Nemours will revamp the hiring process to include not only employees who are familiar with management and other staff but also to include the candidate that is capable of honoring the facility's mission.

June 13, 2013

I really don't know why the take so long to respond to your application. I have been waiting a total of 40 days now and still no respond on my application. So frustrating!!

July 7, 2013

Nemours receives hundreds of applications on a regualr basis.

a typical day as a hmo specialist II
HMO specialist II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2013
Pros: awesome children, great coworkers
Cons: park off site
Greet patients using AIDET. Assist patients in obtaining an authorization when they arrive at the clinic without an appropriate authorization and advise clinic of patient status. Communicate with assigned clinics regarding unattainable authorizations. Verify and update demographic, insurance, PCP and authorizations/referral information when required at each encounter. Process encounters via DAG worqueue daily. Refer patients to financial counselor as appropriate. Monitor voicemail and return calls as appropriate for the main HMO phone line.
Perform registration and check-in or check –out functions for clinic(s). Verify and update demographic, insurance, PCP, and authorizations/referral information when required at each encounter. Ensure all annual mandatory forms are complete, accurate, updates and on file in accordance with NCC policies. Collect all copayments, coinsurance and self-pay amount due for services rendered. Adhere to end of the day business processing standard by verifying that cash analysis and receipts balance. Schedule follow-up appointments as instructed via the appointment disposition. Process encounters via the registration and check-out workqueue daily.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2013
Pros: seeing the pediatric patients
Cons: seeing the sick children
Fast paced Radiology Department
Many jobs duties
Must be able to multi task

April 22, 2013

Unfortunately Orlando new Hospital does not imitate your culture. The mother hospital has been running for a while and seems to have a better management team. Orlando lacks of wise administrators or management. It is a shame that a beautiful place lacks of expertise and professionalism. Some departments are falling apart and patients don't trust them ex. radiology and laboratory ( so many mistakes !!! ) . NO ONE SHOULD PLAY WITH KIDS LIVES....

Great place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Columbia MarylandApril 3, 2013
I love the interaction with patients verifing insurance Helping people making schduling or make appointment it was great I the medical fiedl you take the good and the bad and makeit pleasant
Terrible ethics.
Radiology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: bad administration, poor standards of behavior.
Radiology has terrible ethics. I have yet to work in a place that has such poor management, all around. I took the job for money but I feel as if I sold my soul. There is one Radiologist who puts down the techs and nothing is done about it. In the begining they talked about the great standards of behavior, but it seems like no one ever practiced them, not even the administration. It seems as if the worst techs are the ones who admin bends over backwards for, but the ones who have experience and knows what they are doing, and do not mess up exams, are the ones who get punished. I have lost all respect for the Nemours name since working here and from what I hear from other collegues in other hospitals, they know the stories of them place and feel as if this hospital is a joke.

April 24, 2013

The radiology manager has no clue what she is doing. She trusts in the most incompetent technologists to do her bidding for her as the department is in a downward spiral. There are some good technologist there but it seems as if she sees them as a threat and keeps them from any part of the decision making process. The ones that make the schedule and are rewarded with leadership tasks are those that are fresh out of school and have no experience. This poor decision making is really starting to show too.

Very rewarding
Lead Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 12, 2013
One of the best Children's Hospitals in the area. Great people, great culture, great service.

March 17, 2013

Orlando is a total different enviroment. I had the opportunity to visit Delaware hospital as part of my training and I agree with you , but the culture and values from the mother hospital are not reflected in the "new " hospital. The poor management is not positively affecting to build their reputation, it seems they need coaching and mentoring in order to make it work.

Headquarters