Nemours

Nemours Employer Reviews

Small Place lots of issues
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything else...
Not much positive to say the pay is well and it provides me a way to keep my lights on. Management is ran by a select few with absolutely no backbone. The political games and red tape is the biggest turn off. You get more rewards here by doing a lack luster job without following through.
worked alone all day...felt like I was forgotten
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 23, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
this was a temporary position. Management did not care. No benefits
Rewarding
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 15, 2013
Pros: rewarding, up to date equipment
Cons: short staffed, long hours
Management is a little difficult. Don't really trust them within the Department. THe administration is good and seem to listen but don't really act on what the concerns are. Very rewarding taking care of the children. Surgeons are great and fun to work with. Co workers are hard working and know the team concept
Enjoyable
Internship (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2013
Enjoyable Co-Workers, the staff all work very hard, and are very protection of their patients. Extremely organized work place.
Great place to work but not much room for advancement
Research Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits especially if you have kids.
Cons: corporate business, not all managers on site.
Typical day: Electronic medical records review, scheduling appointments, data entry, paper work
Management: Not easily accessible at all times
Co-workers: Great to work with. Many with same values
Hardest part of job: Poor prognosis and outcomes of some patients
Most enjoyable part of job: Patient and family success with treatment
Summary
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 2, 2013
Pros: a few pros flexible hours, pleasant atmosphere and management keep us informed of decisions
A typical day in Accounts Payable Department is making sure all invoices have been processed in a timely manner for the next check updated for payment processing. Job task includes process invoices, payment request, and match PO in Smart Recon which is Lawson software. Assist other co-workers if needed. A challenge is when the PO and invoice do not match due to item description, This could be an example of a ping pong table, a little more effort to get the ball to the other side. In the work place extra research is needed, to get invoice processed so that we do not incur late fees/ finance charges. During this past year my company opened a new hospital, although I am a patient person it made me realize how much pressure upper management was under, I knew I had to be extra accountable for all my responsibilities to ensure everything was running smoothly for my accounts. I really enjoy working for my employer, thy are very generous with us. It's a joy to know that a few invoices may save a child's life.
Was a job
Nurse (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 16, 2013
Terrible, unfair management
At times hostile work enviroment
Poor Management for physicians
OR nurse (Former Employee), OrlandoMay 12, 2013
As a Staff OR nurse I found the nurses here to be petty, clicky, and the lack of leadership and management is appalling. The poor management starts at the top with the Nursing Administration basically dictating how physicians should practice. There is absolutely no consideration for years of experience and I have never seen the Human Resource department be so involved at micromanaging physicans and nurses. The OR is a complete joke. The anesthesia department for example has had one physician resign and one was fired. What is left is a skeleton crew of brand new grad CRNA's who know less than the OR nurses. The Chairman of the department is not even an MD but a DO who does not believe in pain medicine. I constantly had to battle the anesthesia department for pain meds for PACU recovery. This is supposed to be a Peds Hospital right? I would never take my child here or refer anyone to this Nemours. I have since went back to Arnold Palmer. A beautiful building filled with incompetent and mean people.

May 16, 2013

An OR nurse has the same opinion I had from the Radiology and Laboratory department!!! Not a coincidence What a disgusting place to work. Without a doubt the most disrespectful staff .. How a professional can work in an environment like this. I hope the CEO reads the review and acts right away !!!! Management was poorly selected.

Not likely to hire anyone with credible experience
employee (possible) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2013
I recently completed several applications with Nemours. For the positions that Nemours were seeking to fill, I know that I had more than enough experience to fill the position. I do believe that Nemours like many other companies hire people based on who they know within the company instead of the experience and qualifications one possess. You work hard to achieve the necessary education and experience and yet someone determines you have either too much or too little experience to fill a position. I am certain that Nemours is working hard to care for their patients, but I do not see the same dedication in hiring employees based on their talents, experience, and knowledge of the position. I do pray that Nemours will revamp the hiring process to include not only employees who are familiar with management and other staff but also to include the candidate that is capable of honoring the facility's mission.

June 13, 2013

I really don't know why the take so long to respond to your application. I have been waiting a total of 40 days now and still no respond on my application. So frustrating!!

July 7, 2013

Nemours receives hundreds of applications on a regualr basis.

a typical day as a hmo specialist II
HMO specialist II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2013
Pros: awesome children, great coworkers
Cons: park off site
Greet patients using AIDET. Assist patients in obtaining an authorization when they arrive at the clinic without an appropriate authorization and advise clinic of patient status. Communicate with assigned clinics regarding unattainable authorizations. Verify and update demographic, insurance, PCP and authorizations/referral information when required at each encounter. Process encounters via DAG worqueue daily. Refer patients to financial counselor as appropriate. Monitor voicemail and return calls as appropriate for the main HMO phone line.
Perform registration and check-in or check –out functions for clinic(s). Verify and update demographic, insurance, PCP, and authorizations/referral information when required at each encounter. Ensure all annual mandatory forms are complete, accurate, updates and on file in accordance with NCC policies. Collect all copayments, coinsurance and self-pay amount due for services rendered. Adhere to end of the day business processing standard by verifying that cash analysis and receipts balance. Schedule follow-up appointments as instructed via the appointment disposition. Process encounters via the registration and check-out workqueue daily.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2013
Pros: seeing the pediatric patients
Cons: seeing the sick children
Fast paced Radiology Department
Many jobs duties
Must be able to multi task

April 22, 2013

Unfortunately Orlando new Hospital does not imitate your culture. The mother hospital has been running for a while and seems to have a better management team. Orlando lacks of wise administrators or management. It is a shame that a beautiful place lacks of expertise and professionalism. Some departments are falling apart and patients don't trust them ex. radiology and laboratory ( so many mistakes !!! ) . NO ONE SHOULD PLAY WITH KIDS LIVES....

Great place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Columbia MarylandApril 3, 2013
I love the interaction with patients verifing insurance Helping people making schduling or make appointment it was great I the medical fiedl you take the good and the bad and makeit pleasant
Terrible ethics.
Radiology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: bad administration, poor standards of behavior.
Radiology has terrible ethics. I have yet to work in a place that has such poor management, all around. I took the job for money but I feel as if I sold my soul. There is one Radiologist who puts down the techs and nothing is done about it. In the begining they talked about the great standards of behavior, but it seems like no one ever practiced them, not even the administration. It seems as if the worst techs are the ones who admin bends over backwards for, but the ones who have experience and knows what they are doing, and do not mess up exams, are the ones who get punished. I have lost all respect for the Nemours name since working here and from what I hear from other collegues in other hospitals, they know the stories of them place and feel as if this hospital is a joke.

April 24, 2013

The radiology manager has no clue what she is doing. She trusts in the most incompetent technologists to do her bidding for her as the department is in a downward spiral. There are some good technologist there but it seems as if she sees them as a threat and keeps them from any part of the decision making process. The ones that make the schedule and are rewarded with leadership tasks are those that are fresh out of school and have no experience. This poor decision making is really starting to show too.

Very rewarding
Lead Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 12, 2013
One of the best Children's Hospitals in the area. Great people, great culture, great service.

March 17, 2013

Orlando is a total different enviroment. I had the opportunity to visit Delaware hospital as part of my training and I agree with you , but the culture and values from the mother hospital are not reflected in the "new " hospital. The poor management is not positively affecting to build their reputation, it seems they need coaching and mentoring in order to make it work.

Better hospitals to work, dont fall for money...
Laboratory Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Orlando FlMarch 8, 2013
Pros: compensation is high, healthcare
Cons: no breaks, expensive food, lack of communication
Worst management style ever seen, no personal life balance , not well organized to be a hospital dedicated to childrens. Co-workers rude and poor knowledge. Not a place to grow proffesionally, unless managers are your friends. Bad reputation. Very short staff makes work exhausting ( no wonder they pay you well). NO Communication , bad management.

July 7, 2013

Nemours pays great and has great managment to back up the staff. When an organization is new, it goes through growing pains. You should have stuck around, it is well worth it.

Family friendly
PBX Operator III /Switchboard Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2013
I was always busy. I learned a lo about the different disease's the physicians work with on a daily basis.
Awesome benefits, Poor management
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2013
Awesome benefits. Poor management. Bad leadership. Favoritism and nepotism at its best.
Dissapointment for medical professionals
Former nurse (Former Employee), 4thFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: compensation is high
Cons: short staff, poor management
A complete dissapointment for nurses. Lack of training , materials not organized appropiately, rude managers and unprofessional staff, 75% of staff that left other leader hospital in the Orlando Community returned for their jobs. No balance between work and personal life. Short staff makes you work extenous hours. Culture is odd , only staff that was previously hired advance in positions. Laboratory is a complete mess, had experience samples cancelled due to not well trained personnel... lack of clinical knowledge ..
Only a nice building , thats all
Laboartory (Former Employee), OrlandoFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: compensation, health insurance
Cons: poor management, buddy system, disorganizarion
Nemours in Orlando is a new hospital trying to get their reputation, not doing so well do to disorganization and lack of real team work. Some departments were well established before and they do know what they are doing but others dont ( ex. laboratory ). The laboratory refers over 50% of their samples due to poor management. Patients at risk getting labs done there. Patients with certain insurances their blood gets refered to chain laboratories !!! Personnel lacks of training and act like they are lost. Employees multitask to the point of exhaustion (under staff). Pathlogy and lab crew lacks of clinical knowledge. Manager is rude and unprofessional. Very sad experience , nice building but thats all. Not recommended ....
Fun Place to work and learn
OFFICE TECHNICIAN I (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, flexible schedule, i loved my co workers
Cons: major changes in supervisors and company moral deminished.
I loved Nemours. It was my first job after I had a baby. I started out as a clerical rep and advanced to Electronic Billing in less than a year. My supervisor was awesome. She was fair and help me gain knowledge in the medical field. I appreciate her dearly. After five years on her team Nemours decided to do some changes and I was placed on another team. At that point I was no longer happy there, but I stayed because I loved my co workers and Nemours was flexible and understanding I had a very sick child at the time. But after about another year I decided I wanted to do something different and actually have contact with patients. I wanted to feel I could make a difference in the lives of sick people.