Neogen Corporation Employee Reviews

Neogen the Joke
Production Tech (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 19, 2015
It's like working in a high school! This is where soap operas are dreamt up. If your salaried you don't even have to show up on time nor do your work because the hourly's have to do it for you, it is in the job description.
Company with Continuous Growth
Digital Media Content Coordinator (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2015
Neogen has been growing, and is still growing, in the field of Life and Animal Sciences. The company has so much potential to do big things, and it also has so much growth potential for those within the company--you just have to work to find it.
Sales Based
QA/QC Technician II (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Neogen is a sales-based company and has no respect for the lab workers. This is fine if you are looking for a sales job, but the lab technicians are viewed as dispensable. The upper management is constantly saying how well the company is doing and how much money they have in the bank, but in the next sentence says that no raises are available because of the bad economy. This place is the reason I decided to put my career on hold and return to school for a different degree. It is that bad.
Fact Paced and Growing Company with room for advancement
Distributor Account Executive (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: ability to travel, great co-workers, great benefits
Cons: required to be in the office when not traveling
The great thing about my job is that there no day that is the same! There are lots of moving parts within my account and tons of opportunities. I enjoy working with my manager and that is why I came back to this company after a few years away.
Excellent company.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORY (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Excellent company, outstanding quality, customer care first class.
A rapidly growing company
Technical Services Associate Microbiologist (Current Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 13, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, fast pace, rapidly growing company
Cons: salaries are slightly lower than the rest of the industry
With my two positions Neogen, I have learned a vast amount regarding the food industry and food safety testing. I enjoy the constant-learning environment and my co-workers are great! As with any other job, there are aspects of management that I am no fond of, but nothing that would cause me to hate my job. Unfortunately salary is a little low and HR is a bit of a stickler when it comes to PTO, but most managers help you work around any major issues. Being in microbiology, there is the occasional experiment where unusual hours are required to finish a project. My job search is mainly due to the hour drive I have made every morning and every evening for the last year and a half.
A strong company with a family atmosphere
Manufacturing Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Lansing, MINovember 19, 2014
There are a lot of good things to talk about during the time I've worked for Neogen Corporation. Many people point to the close knit group of people that give their all each and every day to make a small company a leader in the global food and animal safety market. I've grown and learned a great deal of information and skills that I will be able to carry on to future opportunities.
Good for experience
Research Associate (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: quickly build relationship with coworkers
Cons: pay is way below average
very investor oriented, pay is miniscule compared to other companies of the same size and region, benefits are barely acceptable, good for about a year of experience but opportunity for advancement is nonexistent. Learn what you can then move on
Corporation that highly values their employees.
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: stable growing company, excellent benefits package, employee appreciation
Cons: low salary and inability to advance in most departments due to employee retention
Most days at Neogen were very "typical". In at 8:30 and out at 5:30, spending most of the day involved in the clerical aspects of trying to collect on past due accounts.

However, even though I don't normally enjoy a job where I can't interact physically with the public, I learned that your job is what you make it. I was thankful everyday to work with fantastic people and was given affirmation regularly by my supervisors. It was very hard for me to spend my days in a cubical but, I felt appreciated by my employer and that helped balance things out.

Although Neogen operates within a strict corporate structure, they go out of their way to make you feel like part of the family. Corporate events almost always include not only your spouse but, children as well. My salary was nothing to brag about but, my benefits package and vacation time were to be envied.

All in all, they are a great company that I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Insightful work environment.
Immunodiagnostics research technician (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2013
Pros: good work environment, supportive team
Cons: pay, upper management
Typical day: Paperwork, experiment design, experiment conduction, review of data.

What I learned: Honed in many scientific procedures, theories, and practices

Management: Occasional disconnect and miscommunications with various departments

Co-workers: Helpful, professional, highly-skilled

Hardest part: applying data and theory into experimental procedures;

Most enjoyable: Learning/improving scientific skills, critical thinking
research scientist
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 10, 2013
Not a good company to work for. Low salary and low moral at company.
Good for some experience but always be looking to get out!!
sales (Current Employee), LexingtonApril 5, 2013
Pros: good non management coworkers
Cons: $30 copays, travel more than advertised, management has no training and gives no training, low pay, practically no room for advancement within the company.
This company only cares about its investors. It is still a small company but the employees are only a number. The only reason to work here is to get a little experience in sales or whatever your career choice and then run. There is practically no room for advancement and the compensation for the work is laughable! You will travel more than they tell you in the beginning. Most of the management is only there because they stuck it out and had more time in than someone else that was probably more qualified.
Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 4, 2013
Company helped advance my accounting skills and knowledge while in undergraduate.
Organized and Productive
Production Chemist (Current Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: co-workers of all ages, getting payed weekly, stable schedule
Cons: it takes a while to get hired into the company and get benefits
-My position at Neogen is in the lateral flow laboratory formulating chemical reagents out of stock chemicals, testing products and kits before they are approved to be sold, and assisting others in the laboratory when their workload becomes too heavy.

-This position has allowed me to master my general chemistry skills and learn how to perform and multitask well under strict deadlines.

-My co-workers are all very kind and helpfull

-The management was very productive and hands on.

-The hardest part of my job was learning all the different protocols for several peoples positions in order to be a "floater"

-The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the products to pass and everyone involved in the process gets to feel good that they made their product correctly
very productive
Production Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 10, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
My work in the laboratory was very monotonous. no opportunity to grow intellectually or financially. The coworkers were excellent and we had a great relationship that lasts until today. The worst part was the salary. The best part interact with a good co- workers team responsible and efficient.
improving, but still needs work
R&D Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 23, 2012
Pros: nice coworkers, focused on doing a good job, adaptable workforce.
Cons: high focus on investor value, need to focus on employee development, opportunities within company, competitive pay needed
no advancement or career development; resistance to governance such as OSHA and ISO; benefits acceptable; pay is below average; high value placed on investor value only; changing slowly and by employees working to improve.