Neogen Corporation

Neogen Corporation Employer Reviews

Insightful work environment.
Immunodiagnostics research technician (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2013
Pros: good work environment, supportive team
Cons: pay, upper management
Typical day: Paperwork, experiment design, experiment conduction, review of data.

What I learned: Honed in many scientific procedures, theories, and practices

Management: Occasional disconnect and miscommunications with various departments

Co-workers: Helpful, professional, highly-skilled

Hardest part: applying data and theory into experimental – more... procedures;

Most enjoyable: Learning/improving scientific skills, critical thinking – less
research scientist
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 10, 2013
Not a good company to work for. Low salary and low moral at company.
Good for some experience but always be looking to get out!!
sales (Current Employee), LexingtonApril 5, 2013
Pros: good non management coworkers
Cons: $30 copays, travel more than advertised, management has no training and gives no training, low pay, practically no room for advancement within the company.
This company only cares about its investors. It is still a small company but the employees are only a number. The only reason to work here is to get a little experience in sales or whatever your career choice and then run. There is practically no room for advancement and the compensation for the work is laughable! You will travel more than they tell – more... you in the beginning. Most of the management is only there because they stuck it out and had more time in than someone else that was probably more qualified. – less
Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 4, 2013
Company helped advance my accounting skills and knowledge while in undergraduate.
Organized and Productive
Production Chemist (Current Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: co-workers of all ages, getting payed weekly, stable schedule
Cons: it takes a while to get hired into the company and get benefits
-My position at Neogen is in the lateral flow laboratory formulating chemical reagents out of stock chemicals, testing products and kits before they are approved to be sold, and assisting others in the laboratory when their workload becomes too heavy.

-This position has allowed me to master my general chemistry skills and learn how to perform and multitask – more... well under strict deadlines.

-My co-workers are all very kind and helpfull

-The management was very productive and hands on.

-The hardest part of my job was learning all the different protocols for several peoples positions in order to be a "floater"

-The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the products to pass and everyone involved in the process gets to feel good that they made their product correctly – less
very productive
Production Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 10, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
My work in the laboratory was very monotonous. no opportunity to grow intellectually or financially. The coworkers were excellent and we had a great relationship that lasts until today. The worst part was the salary. The best part interact with a good co- workers team responsible and efficient.
improving, but still needs work
R&D Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 23, 2012
Pros: nice coworkers, focused on doing a good job, adaptable workforce.
Cons: high focus on investor value, need to focus on employee development, opportunities within company, competitive pay needed
no advancement or career development; resistance to governance such as OSHA and ISO; benefits acceptable; pay is below average; high value placed on investor value only; changing slowly and by employees working to improve.