Neogen Employee Reviews

Faced paced and team work
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 20, 2017
My day at work consisted of cleaning from the time i walked into the door till the time i had to leave. I would do all sorts of different jobs while keeping my four story building clean. We threw all company parties and we would set tables and chair up and tare them down. we did everything for this company that needed to be fixed or built or cleaned. The managment is very un organized and can favortize certain people. The hardest part about the job was really nothing because i love staying busy and active and thats exactly what this job brought to me. I loved working for this company, but with most companys comes faults and things that not all people would agree on. THe best part about my job was my boss and our team , we all worked so good together and got things done and done right.
Pros
facilities was a family type of team
Cons
drama
It's a job
QC Tech (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 16, 2017
They require college degrees and paid $29K. Raises were varied among the same positions with a 'shall not talk agreement' because of it. Very high turnover rate. If you can find a good group of people to mesh in, you'll be okay. The people are pretty much the best thing there. The work can be either very stressful or mediocre in nature.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Compensation, stress
Expect a lot from employees while providing very little.
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 7, 2017
This is a great company to get your feet wet and gain experience,but do not expect to be rewarded for a job well done. There is little to no room for advancement.
When i worked there they paid not good
Microbiologist Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 6, 2017
When i worked there they required a degree for my position then paid me 11.00 /hr. This job made me go broke. Nice people to work with thou. I learned that my time is worth more than that.
terrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 3, 2017
the management sucks, no leadership in the maintnence field and the workers they hired are lazy and unskilled. most cant even back a trailer up and want the new guys to do everything
Not a place I would stay at more than a few months
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 1, 2017
This place is terrible. Management expects you to do so many things in 8 hours that it's impossible. The warehouse is so full of stuff you can barely move equipment. You spend more time moving stuff than actually doing work. Poor communication among everyone especially management. Not very safety focused at all. Would rather act like it's not a issue than actually fix it. The pay is subpar at best. From what I've heard raises are nonexistent. I'm not staying here long enough to find out about them. Benefits are what typical companies offer and are reasonable in cost. I dread going into work everyday and can't wait to get out of there. The coworkers are amazing but the rest of the company isn't. The CEO always talks about how much money the company is making and how well it's doing but you won't see any of it in your paycheck. Overtime is abundant. If you're the kind for person that is happy to settle for a job or want a dead-end job or just waiting for retirement then this is the place for you.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment, communication, nothing really gets done, just alot of talk
Friendly manager and co-workers
Production Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 8, 2016
I am a temporary employee at the moment. All of my co-workers are friendly. If I have questions I feel comfortable enough to ask. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to working 8 hour nights.
Good starter job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 9, 2016
Typical day at work is constantly running machine and packing product for shipment, learned a lot of chemistry based procedures and different packaging techniques as well as good ways to keep machine going and tips for keeping machine filled with supplies, management was terrible here they are what I call "Family based" if you know someone who knows someone, they are all buddy-buddy and do not care if you stay or leave and treat you disrespectfully, co-workers are cool too many good people leave and are replaced with temps, hardest part of the job is the constant changes that management makes and does not tell you about and then you get in trouble because no one told you, most enjoyable is the ease and coworker relationships and all the company events also the benefits rock just not the pay
Pros
company parties for family and holidays, benefits, 401k
Cons
management, low pay, temps, communication and advancement
great people
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 27, 2016
Neogen had great culture but was not up to date with compensation package. I valued the ability to work on many different projects and administered many different systems.
Good first job, not life committing job
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 8, 2016
Pay is not what expected.
VERY HIGH turn-over rate
Lots of manual work
Co-workers are fun
High responsibilities, low pay
Not ideal career path
Vacation days and sick days are the same.
Terrible
R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 11, 2016
Showing up for work was agonizing; an air of complacency fills every room and the staff is made up of insincere, passionless zombies. You don't want to work here.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, terrible pay, awful work environment
Pay is terrible for a life sciences degree, but valuable skills to learn.
Manufacturing Reagent Support Chemist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 4, 2016
A typical day entails clocking in (salaried, but treated like hourly) and reporting to a work station where work orders are issued and I manufacture reagents based on ISO approved documentation. Any deviation from this cause a large amount of correctional paperwork. I've learned valuable skills such as HPLC, ELISA, sample validation, and protein purification/conjugation. Management, from my perspective, are up tight about the rules, with very little tolerance. Nothing can be excused as human error; one would think only a robot would satisfy them. I don't fancy the way I am treated at this corporation. My co-workers are the best part of the job, they are great people ready to help one another and laugh. I can see making life-long friends in this environment. The hardest part of the job can be keeping up with demand, or satisfying managements rules and restrictions.
Pros
The people, Skills to learn
Cons
Pay is low. Employees treated poorly.
I really enjoy my job with Neogen. I find the majority of the people i work with as being a joy.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 1, 2016
Management at Neogen is awesome. They take into consideration your personal goals and strengths. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and customers you get to work with on a daily basis.
Promote mediocrity
Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 9, 2016
Raises not based on performance and only promoted and moved if mediocre. Management has no people skills and only cares about business. Sexist.
Pros
Cool people to work with
Cons
Everything else
Neogen - Lots of oppertunity
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 1, 2016
After working with Neogen for over 3 years, I wanted to being my focus back away form IT Management and into IT Security. Neogen is an opportunity rich environment for people that want to grow their career. Their biggest challenge is making timely decisions. It is a mid-sized global company, that likes to run as a family driven company.
Pros
"Financially very stable"
Cons
"Slow in making big decisions."
The coworkers are fun to work with
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln NeSeptember 8, 2015
I really enjoy working here since the managers and supervisors are friendly, and the coworkers are very fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that I used to know in college, so I don't feel like a newbie when I first came to the company.
Started out loving the job
Inventory Manager Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2015
I loved this job and would have stayed. I done my job well and knew that I would have been advanced soon. But, I was first made fun of because of my accent and country background by my supervisor. I then was hurt and had a major back surgery. So after on medication, I was let go from my job.
Stay away
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 12, 2015
this place does not pay you for the work you do. Management sucks. If your not in there little group be ready to get the boot. Stay awat
Good place to get experience and leave.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros - Fortune company. Solid stock. Hardly anyone gets fired unless you majorly screw up. Heard of 2 people getting fired and one demotion in 3+ years of working here.

Cons - The compensation is not near what it should be. There is much more travel than the job descriptions have listed. Neogen is more of a reactive company instead of a proactive company. There is practically no chance for advancement unless you want to be at Neogen for 15+ years and wait for an open spot. Good ole boy system in full play at all facilities. Care more about investors than employees. They do not care if they have a high turnover rate or not, that just means they get a small amount of experience in for a small amount of money making their profit margin larger.
Overall Gud Experience
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 12, 2013
Typical day working with bacteria, yeast, fungus and molds at face pace environment.