NES Global Talent Employee Reviews

NES a Good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2017
NES is fast paced with a friendly staff and good benefits. The work is challenging but can be rewarding if you choose to see it that way. Free healthcare for a staff employee but no matching on the 401k.
Pros
Great time off policy
Cons
No Matching on 401K
Do your job and get PAID
Drilling Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulf of Mexico Exploration Drill TeamJune 21, 2017
I worked for NES for a couple of years and had a good experience with them. It wasn't until I was laid from from my assignment at EMDC that I had interaction with the Houston office. NES did not micromanage me nor made me attend ridiculous meetings like I hear other consulting firms make their consultants attend on their own time. The only negative thing has been being reassigned, as a former employee who left the company on excellent terms, I should have priority in being reassigned once a similar role presents itself but that has not been the case. I am still trying to get back on an assignment with them ASAP.
Pros
Direct Deposits were always on time
Cons
NES needs to help proven laid off consultants into new/similar roles
contract company
QA Engineer/Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
only contract company for the oil & gas, refining, power, pulp and paper, chemical industries. contracts are on a average of one to two year long. do pay holidays
Queen Bees Rule
Regional Financial System Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Unless you kiss up to queen bees you will not last long.
4 letter works are in every conversation and incompetence rules.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
If you work hard you will not be rewarded
Employees
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
I really enjoy the treatment from the Vice Presidents and Project Managers, they treat all employees equal. I have enjoyed working with the company but the distance from home is an hour away.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Distance from Home
Great guys to work with
Mechanical commissioning lead (Former Employee) –  Texas and Gulf of MexicoJuly 12, 2016
They treated me very well while I was working for them all of the staff was very helpful when I needed questions answered.
Pros
Great healthcare, Alway got payed with no issues
I don't recommend working here
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 5, 2016
Dog eat dog environment, where popularity is rewarded over talent. It teaches you to have a thick skin and teaches you not to trust people. Some of the things I saw were both illegal and immoral. I worked like a dog and was not acknowledged or appreciated. I wouldn't recommend it even to someone I dislike.
Pros
Learning, work hard play hard
Cons
Expectations were unrealistic
Challenging International project for NEBS
Power Systems Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 18, 2016
• NEBS Level 1 compliance engineering project lead driving company aspirations and market visibility
• Experienced project managing large, enterprise-wide product development projects involving cross-functional teams in business, operations, and technical domains to increase customer satisfaction.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously resulting in consistent on time delivery
• Lead for Engineering and Business functions on projects across various facilities to increase team coordination
Nes global
CONSULTANT PROJECTS QUALITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
I worked through NES GLOBAL, as a Consultant when working @ ExxonMobil in Houston, TX.
I was on my own.
Never heard from NES.
Pros
Provided Medicial Insurance
Cons
Got payed only for hours worked. No Vacation, Holidays and etc.
very good pay and per diem
Electrical Commissioning Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXMay 15, 2015
Commissioned and filed paper work on all electrical/instrumentation operations of the Mad Dog oil rig. Worked side by side with vendors to ensure proper operations of their equipment. Made sure all electrical and instrumentation worked properly, before shipping offshore.
Pros
Got paid for what I know, not what I did.
Cons
Oil field work is at an all time low
Great
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
It was a great place to work. Overall great experience. Work/Life balance.I was able to utilize my skills and grow.........
Fantastic place for those who derive great meaning from their work
Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
As a cuttthroat oil and gas recruiting agency, NES is a fantastic place to build a career. To be successful, a great deal of personal emotional and time investment will be required. I would often need to stay until 6 or 7pm, and get into the office at 6am. Everyone is very competent and kind, and willing to lend their valuable time to assist a new employee. It's the kind of job where you never wonder how such-and-such person is still working there, or dread talking to someone. Everyone is extremely good at their job and a joy to deal with. Good money can be made in this company for those willing to dedicate themselves wholly to the job.
Pros
Half days on friday, commission + competitive base.
Cons
Long long workdays, expectation to be staying late and working from home
Work hard, play hard
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
The company originally begin in the U.K., but has been become a major factor regarding solutions and recruitment in the global oil and gas arena. NES has expanded into 24 different countries. Having the ability to converse with many different people from every culture and walk of life makes the job quite enjoyable. My coworkers are a fun-loving group but definitely make business a priority (that is the only way we have remained top of the class).
A typical day for me consists of running invoices and maintaining a successful relationship with our clients regarding those invoices; meaning handle any issues that may arise. I also verify payments and maintain balance spreadsheets.
Best project team I have ever worked with
Sr. Project OE/HES Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2014
Long days at work as the project required
Great team building working with Chevron Mining PRC
Immediate management was spectacular
Best co-workers since my military career
The hardest part of the job was being away from home
THe most enjoyable part of the job was the team effort and attitude
Pros
Great locations for work and scenary
Cons
Away from home for 10-17 days at a time
Great cultural fit between nationalities.
Human Resource and Benefits Administrator- Oil (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2014
Typical day would be to answer numerous calls and emails with regards to employees benefits. This could be questions as well as the enrollment and termination procedures. Constant communication between each benefit carrier representative. Meeting face to face with employees and contractors to assist with all aspects of benefits. Writing and sending out offer letters and contracts to new employees all over the US.
Good
HSE Onshore-Offshore Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMarch 17, 2014
Good people, excellent contractor

.•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names
Silver and Stainless Steel Jewelry
Junior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2012
My typical day at work starts with my tea and emails which directs my duties for the day. I usually go over our "to do" list and prioritize any projects or urgent matters that need to be solved first thing. I follow up on any development samples and check on all the orders that are due to ship or upcoming for the week. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of my job is when I go to macy's, pagoda or zales and see all our hard work paid off in sales!
Pros
helping in development of new jewelry trends, etc
Cons
very fast pace, long hours