NESCO Resource Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible
Call Center Representative-Fullfillment (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 24, 2016
The hardest part of the job is juggling several responsibilities at once including answering calls, placing orders, jumping from client screen
to difference client screens. We receive high volume inbound calls just before a floor set I have learned how to multi-task while staying calm and focused.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, not just in my department, but the whole company. It is uncommon these days to find people (a whole company) who help each other in whatever capacity is needed. Respect for one another is paramount there. Managers are easy to talk to and encourage open discussions.

It is a casual environment and casual dress is permitted on a daily basis.

The biggest negative is that there is a hiring freeze so there is no opportunity for me to obtain benefits or the pay that I am accustomed to.

This review is about the company that Nesco placed me with. It has nothing to do with Nesco.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
no benefits
Deceptive
Maintenance / repair / troubleshooting / packaging (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2015
* Horrible Benefits
* Contract wasn't explained
* Work assignments misleading
* Pay based on skill was questioned but still received the lowest even though the skill for the job being done I had

*Unfortunately, NESCO doesn't allow room for advancement and pays you practically minimum wage.
Pros
Quick placement
Cons
Benefits, Communication, Minimum wage
Great resource to enter oil field industry
Oil and Gas Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillett, TXDecember 30, 2015
Nesco was very helpful in negotiating my work benefits and salary during the busy oil field industry. I thought Nesco stood out and forward leaning on taking care of employees and keeping work force informed.
Pros
Uniforms, tools to conduct our job.
Cons
Not enough face to face time with employees
Great Environment
Temporary Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
This was a great learning experience. Great people and I am sad that the position came to an end. My manager was absolutely amazing. She was taught me just enough to get me going but not to much so I could be strategic and figure things out on my own.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Benefits were Horrible
Long hours, not so fun
Racking (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYApril 6, 2016
Everyday I would stand on my feet hanging parts on a rack then hanging the rack on the paint line. The management was alright. My manager was pretty cool, but strict. All of my co-workers were pretty cool for the most part. The hardest part of this job was having to lift the racks and carry them by hand to the paint line. There really wasn't anything to enjoy about this job. I mean its not hard work at all, the heavy lifting for those long hours just made it hard.
Worst idea for a job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHAugust 11, 2016
I worked in the Norwalk location at Pinnacle and that was the WORST mistake for a job. That place is a joke. The boss treats his workers like animals. There is no organization what so ever in the factory. I applied to work and 90% of the time I was cleaning. I worked there for 7 months and finally got a different job cause it wasn't worth the mental stress after the boss called me a b****. Most of the time there isn't any P.P.E so got chemical burns and have scars now on my arms from getting cut. I would contact NESCO to let the office know of everything that was going on and no changes were ever made except NESCO contacted the boss and I would get the 3rd degree or he would make me work harder
Good pay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Didn't get benefits but was able to move up within 3 months of working there. Was a fast paced environment and challenged me to do my work properly and efficiently within a timely manner
Not a good career move.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundee, FLAugust 13, 2016
Worked for a plastics company in Dundee, Florida. You end up being treated like garbage. You'll find yourself doing most of the production supervisors duties while he gets the pay. Management can be quite intolerable and very unconcerned about you. If you find yourself working here leave your dignity and self esteem at home. Count on being lied to!
Was told job started at $13. Turns out it was $10.
Pros
some coworkers are great
Cons
very untruthful managers
Nesco Resource Review
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2016
Nesco Resource is a great company with really hard working specialists ready to serve the needs of the client and to find people temporary jobs. I don't know a typical day at work, however what I have learned is how to stock shelves at Amazon Warehouse, How to package lotions and other beauty products at Covalence. The management seems to handle their own employees well, but then again I am the client of the company not the employee of the company so I wouldn't know.
Drama and very unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 7, 2016
The job was very unprofessional and full of drama. I never worked the schedule I was hired in to work. What they call training is shadowing another employee while they're on the phone with a customer. No for real in the class training. They fire employees without explanation...feels like you're walking on eggshells.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks, managements believe what is said about you before they ask you.
Great place to grow and learn.
A1 Temp (Former Employee) –  7250 S Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32819October 1, 2015
Great place to work. Fun and great people. Ive been here three months and I love the environment. Fast paced but also able to get side work done. Never a dull moment
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Working as a Temp is very replaceable
long hours, surprise shifts, untrained coworkers
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2015
LAck of management stability
treated like slave labor
hours not always correctly tallied on checks
need your own tools
inexperianced coworkers
advancement is tough
Pros
good pay, as much overtime as you can handle
Cons
poor management, unsafe coworkers, long hours
Temporary Agency
TEST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZAugust 20, 2015
The company was supportive of any questions I had and gave me flexible hours. Was not able to directly work with management as this was an agency for temporary positions.
Pros
Great communication skills
Cons
No benefits and no pay for holidays, sick days, etc.
Great staff, fun & reliable workplace
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 16, 2015
Pros
hour lunch, great compensation
Way to go
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 22, 2016
Nesco Resource earned the Best of Staffing® Award for providing remarkable service quality. Fewer than 2% of all staffing agencies in the U.S. and Canada earned the 2016 Best of Staffing Award for service excellence. Best of Staffing winners truly stand out for exceeding expectations and this award identifies the staffing industry's elite leaders in service quality.
Long days of work, with no benfits or college benfit grants. Dcent pay but not enough for as much work.
Loading/unloading, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 13, 2016
Management was nice an pay was decent but in order to make a good living from working with them it would take a life time. There is no benefits or any 401k. Plus they do not give you the opportunity to be unionized.
Pros
Good lunch break.
Cons
low pay for all the work to do.
Great at placing me quick to another facility
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 29, 2016
Had issues with management putting me in an awkward positions with potential jobs. Loved working for Nesco Resources. Would recommend friends to try out Nesco in the future. Hope to find other temp agencies that compare to Nesco in IL.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not great wages and management was unprofessional.
Hot day and good pay
Event staff for Cincinnati Bengals Training Camp. (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 6, 2016
When the Bengals camp was in Georgetown, KY it drew a large crowd and managing a parking lot on hot sunny days can seem harsh. Paid well and we stayed hydrated. Made plenty of friends and even met some pro athletes. It was part time but worth it.
Pros
Good pay and met lots of new people
Cons
Hot weather made it harsh some days
Fun Place
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2016
This position was overnight. Pretty much recovery position putting back items and re-stocking. People were kind unfortunately management was not always on the same page. No one really communicated so job duties were never clear
Pros
worked overnight
Cons
not enough pay for the hours worked
Unprofessional
production worker (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIDecember 29, 2015
There is a complete lack of communication, erroneous communication between the recruiting staff and the company looking for help. When the recruiters don't know the answer to a question they make one up and then deny having the discussion. Because of a lack of communication I am still waiting to be paid for working the week of December 14, 2015. I have been told by the recruiter in the Port Huron office that this has NEVER happened in company history. I have personally spoken to people who have had this problem. I don't know what the other branches are like but this Port Huron branch needs to invest in better training for their recruiters. This is not a professional upstanding company. Seriously, try a different staffing company, they all hire for the same companies.
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
Can't get paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NESCO Resource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8