NESCO Resource Employee Reviews in United States

Long hours, not so fun
Racking (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYApril 6, 2016
Everyday I would stand on my feet hanging parts on a rack then hanging the rack on the paint line. The management was alright. My manager was pretty cool, but strict. All of my co-workers were pretty cool for the most part. The hardest part of this job was having to lift the racks and carry them by hand to the paint line. There really wasn't anything to enjoy about this job. I mean its not hard work at all, the heavy lifting for those long hours just made it hard.
Deceptive
Maintenance / repair / troubleshooting / packaging (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2015
* Horrible Benefits
* Contract wasn't explained
* Work assignments misleading
* Pay based on skill was questioned but still received the lowest even though the skill for the job being done I had

*Unfortunately, NESCO doesn't allow room for advancement and pays you practically minimum wage.
Pros
Quick placement
Cons
Benefits, Communication, Minimum wage
long hours, surprise shifts, untrained coworkers
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2015
LAck of management stability
treated like slave labor
hours not always correctly tallied on checks
need your own tools
inexperianced coworkers
advancement is tough
Pros
good pay, as much overtime as you can handle
Cons
poor management, unsafe coworkers, long hours
Flexible
Call Center Representative-Fullfillment (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 24, 2016
The hardest part of the job is juggling several responsibilities at once including answering calls, placing orders, jumping from client screen
to difference client screens. We receive high volume inbound calls just before a floor set I have learned how to multi-task while staying calm and focused.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, not just in my department, but the whole company. It is uncommon these days to find people (a whole company) who help each other in whatever capacity is needed. Respect for one another is paramount there. Managers are easy to talk to and encourage open discussions.

It is a casual environment and casual dress is permitted on a daily basis.

The biggest negative is that there is a hiring freeze so there is no opportunity for me to obtain benefits or the pay that I am accustomed to.

This review is about the company that Nesco placed me with. It has nothing to do with Nesco.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
no benefits
Productive work enviornment
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHNovember 3, 2015
Supportive management culture
Very helpful with solving any problems that may come up
I would recommend anyone looking for employment to sign up with this staffing agency.
Pros
weekly pay
Great management
Sorter/Packer/quality (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 17, 2015
Arrived at work at 6 am warmed up machine got it running and ran parts that were needed for each order. I learned how to run a bender machine and inspect each part, The management were very helpful and were there if needed. I enjoyed working with most of my co workers they very helpful if i had any questions about my machine they would try and help me as much as possible..The hardest part of my job was keeping up with machine it took alot of speed and accurecy. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people and working with my co workers.
Pros
Getting hired on in 90 days
Cons
healthcare/breaks were to short
stable job and great hours
material handler (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 19, 2016
The hours were always available and steady. Management was fair to all of its employees. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers and the bosses.I learned how to handle the materials that the job required me to do in a productive manner.
Pros
overtime
Cons
lack of communication
Fun Place
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2016
This position was overnight. Pretty much recovery position putting back items and re-stocking. People were kind unfortunately management was not always on the same page. No one really communicated so job duties were never clear
Pros
worked overnight
Cons
not enough pay for the hours worked
This was a very hard job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHNovember 10, 2015
I was sent to Valley Gear Manufacturing to work as a CNC operator This was the hardest job I have ever work in my life, The Management was very hard to work for and I would see people that came from Temp Company at 7:00AM and would go home by 9:00 AM, because of the way management treated them. The use of foul words and name calling was a daily thing. So a lot of us put up with it, because we needed the hours and to feed our family.
Pros
We had a job to go to.
Cons
Unfair dealing with employees
Great resource to enter oil field industry
Oil and Gas Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillett, TXDecember 30, 2015
Nesco was very helpful in negotiating my work benefits and salary during the busy oil field industry. I thought Nesco stood out and forward leaning on taking care of employees and keeping work force informed.
Pros
Uniforms, tools to conduct our job.
Cons
Not enough face to face time with employees
Unprofessional
production worker (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIDecember 29, 2015
There is a complete lack of communication, erroneous communication between the recruiting staff and the company looking for help. When the recruiters don't know the answer to a question they make one up and then deny having the discussion. Because of a lack of communication I am still waiting to be paid for working the week of December 14, 2015. I have been told by the recruiter in the Port Huron office that this has NEVER happened in company history. I have personally spoken to people who have had this problem. I don't know what the other branches are like but this Port Huron branch needs to invest in better training for their recruiters. This is not a professional upstanding company. Seriously, try a different staffing company, they all hire for the same companies.
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
Can't get paid
Great Environment
Temporary Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
This was a great learning experience. Great people and I am sad that the position came to an end. My manager was absolutely amazing. She was taught me just enough to get me going but not to much so I could be strategic and figure things out on my own.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Benefits were Horrible
Temporary Agency
TEST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZAugust 20, 2015
The company was supportive of any questions I had and gave me flexible hours. Was not able to directly work with management as this was an agency for temporary positions.
Pros
Great communication skills
Cons
No benefits and no pay for holidays, sick days, etc.
Good Place To Start Job Search with.
Warehouse worker. (Former Employee) –  Houston,Tx.June 28, 2015
You have a flexible schedule you could consider as mornings, evenings, noon. Maintaining understanding of the job. Communicating with management. Learning from co-workers the hands on experience. Nothing is hard about the job, only consistent with work hours. And lunch break and clocking off the clock you will enjoy your expected demands.
Pros
Getting promotions is not a problem.
Cons
Learning experience.
Temporary Staffing Agency
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 30, 2015
Easy to communicate with. Exceptional Staff. Supportive management with open door policy. Leading Jobs in the industry. Various job location.
My schedule was perfect with my daily life
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 7, 2015
I loved this job. It was hard but fun. I wished it wasn't a temp job. I loved the location to travel there it took me only 20 minutes. The employees were so nice and management was great.
Pros
The hours
Cons
temporary only
Good pay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Didn't get benefits but was able to move up within 3 months of working there. Was a fast paced environment and challenged me to do my work properly and efficiently within a timely manner
Little to no communication
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2016
The process of getting onboard with this company is very tedious so beware. I received a million calls before I started the assignment but once I start and has questions, the response time was very slow. No one knew the answer to anything and it was very frustrating.
Cons
Pay, lack of communication
good company
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Very involved with employee needs and customer driven. Multiple opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
Chaotic and unorganized
Temp (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 10, 2015
This in no way reflects on Nesco (Temp Company). This review is for the company I was assigned to through Nesco, SD&L. SD&L is an unorganized warehouse that underappreciates the hard work and loyalty shown by employees such as myself. The Operations Manager seems to allow the chaotic atmosphere with little concern for performing their own responsibilities and instead intrudes on the tasks to be completed by the respective employee. Without the good leadership, many mistakes are made in all departments. The Manager needs to keep focus on the Big Picture instead of all of the small frames that make it up or they need new leadership.
Pros
most coworkers are friendly
Cons
short breaks, unorganized inventory, insufficient personnel, unproffesional Management