NESCO Resource Employee Reviews

NESCO Resource is a good job search Co.
Investigative Chemist for Kodak Alaris (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 3, 2016
NESCO is acting as a third party job clearing house in my situation. One company needs my services that were purchased through a second. Now it all clears through NESCO, and all three companies are satisfied.
Warehouse Position
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Worked with Advanced Auto Parts Warehouse, as an associate. The position was temporary. Sorted in coming and outgoing merchandise based on store location.
excellent company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 1, 2016
I am the owner of this business and it affords me extras income. Started with my partner and we continue to take on small projects.
good company
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Very involved with employee needs and customer driven. Multiple opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
Flexible
Call Center Representative-Fullfillment (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 24, 2016
The hardest part of the job is juggling several responsibilities at once including answering calls, placing orders, jumping from client screen
to difference client screens. We receive high volume inbound calls just before a floor set I have learned how to multi-task while staying calm and focused.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, not just in my department, but the whole company. It is uncommon these days to find people (a whole company) who help each other in whatever capacity is needed. Respect for one another is paramount there. Managers are easy to talk to and encourage open discussions.

It is a casual environment and casual dress is permitted on a daily basis.

The biggest negative is that there is a hiring freeze so there is no opportunity for me to obtain benefits or the pay that I am accustomed to.

This review is about the company that Nesco placed me with. It has nothing to do with Nesco.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
no benefits
Works well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2016
If they call you with a position they are very good. I never had any problems. Also they will contact you if they think you are a good fit for new positions.
Pros
Pay checks ontime
Cons
When assignment over difficult to get next position
Little to no communication
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2016
The process of getting onboard with this company is very tedious so beware. I received a million calls before I started the assignment but once I start and has questions, the response time was very slow. No one knew the answer to anything and it was very frustrating.
Cons
Pay, lack of communication
Don't believe into lies
engineer entry level (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Don't fall prey to sweet words and fall into trap. The company relies on cheap resources and knowledge doesn't have much value. It didn't take me whole lot to realize, what I was explained and what I was doing, were two different things. I ended up leaving after few months.
Great Environment
Temporary Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
This was a great learning experience. Great people and I am sad that the position came to an end. My manager was absolutely amazing. She was taught me just enough to get me going but not to much so I could be strategic and figure things out on my own.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Benefits were Horrible
Great resource to enter oil field industry
Oil and Gas Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillett, TXDecember 30, 2015
Nesco was very helpful in negotiating my work benefits and salary during the busy oil field industry. I thought Nesco stood out and forward leaning on taking care of employees and keeping work force informed.
Pros
Uniforms, tools to conduct our job.
Cons
Not enough face to face time with employees
Unprofessional
production worker (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIDecember 29, 2015
There is a complete lack of communication, erroneous communication between the recruiting staff and the company looking for help. When the recruiters don't know the answer to a question they make one up and then deny having the discussion. Because of a lack of communication I am still waiting to be paid for working the week of December 14, 2015. I have been told by the recruiter in the Port Huron office that this has NEVER happened in company history. I have personally spoken to people who have had this problem. I don't know what the other branches are like but this Port Huron branch needs to invest in better training for their recruiters. This is not a professional upstanding company. Seriously, try a different staffing company, they all hire for the same companies.
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
Can't get paid
didnt like Nesco
Molder (Former Employee) –  London, KYDecember 25, 2015
Same as above, they needed more jobs like the job shop, The company needed to pay better. They needed to show us our appreciation more, cause I worked day in and day out and wasn't appreciated
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Deceptive
Maintenance / repair / troubleshooting / packaging (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2015
* Horrible Benefits
* Contract wasn't explained
* Work assignments misleading
* Pay based on skill was questioned but still received the lowest even though the skill for the job being done I had

*Unfortunately, NESCO doesn't allow room for advancement and pays you practically minimum wage.
Pros
Quick placement
Cons
Benefits, Communication, Minimum wage
Great people who care
Admin Asst/Rcpt/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 10, 2015
They (Nesco) have always been very helpful. I felt like a "team" member.I was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy,
Temporary Staffing Agency
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 30, 2015
Easy to communicate with. Exceptional Staff. Supportive management with open door policy. Leading Jobs in the industry. Various job location.
good company to work for.
senior receiver (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 14, 2015
nesco resource is a fine company to work with the only down side is they don't provide any paid time/sick time which is unfortunate they do take care of you though.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
no paid time or sick time.
Good pay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Didn't get benefits but was able to move up within 3 months of working there. Was a fast paced environment and challenged me to do my work properly and efficiently within a timely manner
This was a very hard job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHNovember 10, 2015
I was sent to Valley Gear Manufacturing to work as a CNC operator This was the hardest job I have ever work in my life, The Management was very hard to work for and I would see people that came from Temp Company at 7:00AM and would go home by 9:00 AM, because of the way management treated them. The use of foul words and name calling was a daily thing. So a lot of us put up with it, because we needed the hours and to feed our family.
Pros
We had a job to go to.
Cons
Unfair dealing with employees
My schedule was perfect with my daily life
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 7, 2015
I loved this job. It was hard but fun. I wished it wasn't a temp job. I loved the location to travel there it took me only 20 minutes. The employees were so nice and management was great.
Pros
The hours
Cons
temporary only
Productive work enviornment
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHNovember 3, 2015
Supportive management culture
Very helpful with solving any problems that may come up
I would recommend anyone looking for employment to sign up with this staffing agency.
Pros
weekly pay