NESCO Resource Employee Reviews

Fast pace work place
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Chardon, OHDecember 19, 2013
It's under new management so thing are a little crazy & not really but together right now.
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free icecreams and sometimes lunches
Cons: healthcare short brakes
A typical day at NESCO starts with clocking in at work as well as in the system and starting with the work. learn a lot about clerical overall jobs behavior at such a job meat a great friends working with them as a team achieving a great successes.
there was no hardness in the job all the time I enjoyed in it.
Really?
researcher (Former Employee), MADecember 7, 2013
Cons: i now have a cramp from shaking my head, and a sore cheek from clenching my jaw.
After seeing the job opening on "indeed" for a Material Technician who would be working with crystals (grown crystals), that the job was in my hometown, and that the pay was almost double what I'm making now, I jumped up, clicked my heels and sped on to the application area.
And that's when I found out that the job was through Nesco. A temp agency. I've heard nothing but bad news about Nesco.
So, I – more... did my own research and found the one company in my hometown that does crystal growth.
They're not hiring Material Technicians. Oh, they're hiring technicians alright, but nothing like what's described on both the 'indeed' and 'nesco' sites.
Now, I've decided to go through the extra work to research everything on this site, because 'nesco' (if not also 'indeed') is lying through their collective teeth about this position.

And of course I had to make believe, just like they're doing, in order to leave this review. – less
mail room
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2013
I have been in the mail business for over 13 years. I like working in a team setting but I also don't mind working alone.I enjoy working with my co-workers on a daily bases.
typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 19, 2013
Pros: enjoy working with others and helping people
Cons: healthcare
I arrive usually before most people. I usually make coffee. Then my day begins with taking calls from customers, enjoying some conversation with co workers and then I go home feeling accomplished.
I stuffed newspapers
Standard Publishing (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYNovember 16, 2013
Pros: it was an easy job
Cons: the chemicals broke me out
I got the newspapers together and sent them out, to where they would be sent out.
Typical day at work
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLNovember 15, 2013
Recruit, source, interview, pre-screen, add people to jobs etc.
Ok workplace....not all management is truthful at times.
Production Associate at Toyota Boshuku of Kentucky (Former Employee), Bardstown,KYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: a job!!
Cons: do not trust what is said.
Went to this job with purpose to get hired full-time....understood some temps where ahead of me to get hired. When I was eligible I was not trained properly and had to train 30 more days. During this period I developed neuropothy in my feet. Management told me I would be trained on time. Management did not give me same opportunity as some of the other temps.
Not worth your time!
Picker/packer (Former Employee), North Canton, OhioOctober 23, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no direction, no incentives, no fun and they blatantly lie to your face.
Great coworkers but management lacks communication skills. We were told the warehouse was doing great, productivity was up, and then a few of us got the ax the following week. If you do something wrong you have three or more people breathing down your neck, you can't have a social life if you work second shift, shift supervisor has no clue on what he's doing and often makes the dispatcher do things for him so he can continue to play solitaire. There are no incentives that make you want to work there and be happy, no raises, no pension, and the longer term employees are being force to retire. Oh! Lets not forget that Diebold just shelled out $48 Million due to bribery charges. I'm glad they laid me off!
BASIC COMPANY
HOSPITAL COLLECTOR (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: deceptive/not told assignment ended until i left work
BASIC DAY
NO JOB ADVANCEMENT
DECEPTIVE PRACTICES
OLD EQUIPMENT
SNEAKY MANAGEMENT
MANUFACTURING
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: job location is close to home
Cons: no benifits, jobs are only short time not perminate
COME INTO WORK CLOCK IN AND PUT PRODUCT INTO BOXES FOR SHIPPING.
emerson was a laid back company to work for
Kathy Adamson (Former Employee), Maysville, KYAugust 20, 2013
Pros: learned different machines
Cons: temp service, no bebefits
was able to stay longer before lay-off because i was valued as a good worker.
produtive and fast work enviornment
Machine Operator/Material handler (Former Employee), camcoAugust 10, 2013
*hard work and dedication to you specific job
*good quality parts
* friendly co-workers
Nesco Resource
Consultant Advocate (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 6, 2013
Cons: salary, management
I perform HR/Payroll functions for consultants. Nesco does not have any formal training for this position & those who should train do not find it important. There is no onboarding or any type of new hire orientation for internal employees. Terrible communication with management and HR manager.

Thus far not impressed with this company, or it's lack of procedures.
Not a fun place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), London, KYJuly 16, 2013
Cons: extreme tempatures
I assemblied headlights on an assembly line and the building was very hot.
Must always be multi-taskable
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), London, KYJuly 1, 2013
A typical day working here can be hectic and energetic. I have learned to stay multi-taskable throughout the day, because each one is so unique. The management is supportive. Co-workers communicate to a minimum. The hardest part of this job is to get over the fact that not everyone is going to stay at a company they have been assigned to and learning to deal with that. The most enjoyable part of this job has been getting to know clients at different companies.
great people but low pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Shelton, CTJune 27, 2013
Pros: we take 2 fifteen minutes breaks
Cons: no health insurance
work well with others, work non-stop packing and receiving and forklift operator. co-workers are hardworkers and a team player.
make good money
Temporary service (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJune 7, 2013
Pros: made alot of money
Cons: heat and short breaks
i worked with nesco before and i loved how much money and hours i was getting with the company. i learned how to hang car parts, sort car parts, and package. my managment was very cool and nice. i liked my co workers. the hardest part of the job was the heat in different facotories. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the great crew members i worked with.
Nesco
Packer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJune 3, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: very hot warehouse, no water cooler
we pack trail mixes, dried fruits and candy items for stores. The job is easy however your on your feet all day in a very hot warehouse.

Its hard for me to rate this company I havent been there long enough.
Typical Review
CUSTOMER SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2013
Pros: great co workers and reruiter
*Determined warranty status from shipping details using web based Internal Reporting systems
*Determined Part Number of various product lines using tools via Internal Reporting Gateway and specific product knowledge and experience
*Determined Credit Terms available to Customers for out of warranty equipment via data available on the Internal *Reported Gateway and liaising with Credit Control
*Generated – more... Quotations and Return Material authorization numbers for repairs using Clarify Interface
*Ensured adequate Cash In Advance or Purchase Orders are supplied before issuing RMAs where appropriate
*Determined appropriate repair centre for each product, recording it on Clarify Interface to allow direct shipments
*Ensured Clarify Interface reflects collection has been requested via Global Logistics program where appropriate
*Arranged collection of units within United States on request
*Liaising with vendors to arrange repair and return of 3rd party equipment
*Utilized product and customer specific experience to coordinate with Technical Assistance team regarding relevant customer technical issues
*Provided support to the RMA team through specific product knowledge and experience, particularly with regards to legacy product
*Being aware of and implementing each customer’s specific and contractual requirements
*Dealing with Americas, International and internal customers’ queries via fax, telephone, e-mail
*Processed Advance Replacements as per contractual obligations or customer request
*Processed Repair Replacements as per Repair management request to ensure Turn Around Times achieved as and when necessary
*E-mailded acknowledgements
*Resolved issues with units that have been placed in Isolation
*Closed RMAs that have been at ‘Awaiting Unit’ status for 30 days or more unless longer permitted due to location and/or deemed sensitive by management
*Passed Advance Replacement Returns outstanding over 30 days for invoicing, unless deemed sensitive by management
*Ensured that a high level of customer service is delivered to all customers, in accordance with the Customer Support RMA Team’s objectives
*Provided information and support to the Global Repair RMA Manager and/or San Antonio RMA Supervisor for any other requirements as and when required – less