NEST International Employee Reviews

NEST Top workplace!
Team Member (Current Employee), Gloucester City, NJApril 23, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: limited space
What a great place to be! Since my arrival at NEST, I have felt as though I have been on vacation from the crazy corporate world. While NEST is a Corporate HQ, it has a great culture with a relaxed, fun and team-oriented atmosphere. I have worked for a few companies in my career, but I have to say NEST is the best company yet! The Executive team is very dedicated to the company and to all of the employees. They treat the employees remarkably well, by offering profitability bonuses, matching 100% up to 4% of the 401K, advancement opportunities and monthly company events, including employee recognition, luncheons, BBQ's, gift cards and phenomenal Holiday parties to name a few. Many companies today are unable to give more to their employees other than a paycheck, but NEST gives back everyday. If you are looking for a great career, I would check out NEST as the BEST Place to work!!!
NEST has the ZEST!
Team Member (Current Employee), Naples, FLApril 9, 2014
NEST has a positive and flexible culture which compliments the family type atmosphere you feel within the company. Good management, and excellent employee perks makes this an impressive place to want to be employed. Many employee events are held throughout the year and are fun to attend. This is a great place to build a career and advance from within. Employees who have had no previous background in this field started at entry level positions and are now Directors. The training team is top notch and always there to assist with any issues. Nest is again the winner of “The Top Workplaces Award 2014” as well as “The Best Places to Work Award 2013” and our COO is the winner of the Executive Management Award as well
Great Place to Work!
Employee (Current Employee), Gloucester City, NJApril 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment, ways to get involved, family friendly
Cons: limited parking
NEST International is a great place to work. From day one you get a feel of a family environment and a real sense of being part of a team. Everyone is more than helpful in assisting you with whatever you may need. There is a great support system in place to help you learn your responsibilities and grow into bigger roles. Close to 90% of the management team has been promoted from within. There is a great opportunity for growth and a team in place to help you get there.
The company holds monthly events for the employees such as softball games, easter egg hunts, holiday parties, and regular lunches. They are also very generous to their employees. They do a great job of letting you know that you are appreciated. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
Great Business with Potential if they can learn how to treat the people.
Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLFebruary 14, 2014
NEST International is a great business with unlimited growth potential. They are well on the path to doubling their size in the next 2 years, which is their goal. Unfortunately, they are leaving the people who are getting them there behind. They expect realistic goals from their management, but continue to add tasks to them without appreciation, acknowledgement, or compensation. I was offered a title upgrade because they acknowledged I was doing more than my title required, but they were not willing to compensate me for those tasks and title upgrade. They believe just calling you something different is justification for adding responsibilities. They acknowledged the additional work and initiative enough to offer to upgrade my title but not compensate me for the additional work and initiative? Not the type of culture I want to get used to.
Company is profitable and thriving but the employee morale is low
Operations Team (Former Employee), Gloucester CityJuly 25, 2013
Pros: comfortable working space and location
Cons: poor employee morale, mundane work environment, awful hr department
Just because you give your employees parties, does not mean they will feel content and fulfilled with their work. The HR department is not very capable of spotting good talent and they rarely promote from within. I worked with some very talented individuals who were loyal employees and they were never given a promotion or the opportunity to be a leader. Instead several people were hired externally and the loyal employees were then asked to train people that were now in positions over them. The company also does not seem to value education, even if you have your degree that does not matter to them. They want hard worker bees that they can push around, who will not complain and just do what they say. This place is better for people who are currently in college or who have no real experience.
Great for part time
Operations Team Rep (Current Employee), Gloucester, NJMay 29, 2013
Pros: activities for employees
Im not at this location for long. but its a good place to be part time
A great beginning job for young adults
Customer Service Representative/Account supervisor (Former Employee), Gloucester City, NJMarch 8, 2013
Pros: having the opportunity to work with great people that wanted to see everyone succeed.
NEST is a good place to start for a young adult that wants to get the experience with customer service.
I would call stores that we had contracts with to make sure the services that were rendered were completed to the satisfaction of management, also following up with vendor to reschedule a service or to have the workorder submitted for payment and proof of service.
Company is not able or willing to adjust to handle new business
past employee (Former Employee), Nest Headquarters Gloucester CityFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: keurig coffee machine
Cons: in the end, you're just another body to push out the work
This is a company that has potential but is not able to see the forest for the trees. There is no balance between providing good service and making a profit. Management is poor and there are no real leaders within the group. Any personal growth is achieved on your own since there is very little support. The only time you hear from your supervisors is when you are getting a warning or a write up. It's the small family business mentality since it started and does not look to change. Not worth the hassle you will go through - keep looking elsewhere.
Productive and caring work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gloucester City, NJNovember 27, 2012
Pros: a sense of accomplishment at the end of your work day.
Cons: the winter time when you left the office, it was usually dark.
Your day consists of ensuring work completion for the corporate client. I learned how to use new data base and develop customer relationships. The management always kept the goal of the company in focus and was interested in helping the employees grow within the company. The co-workers were very nice and easy to work with. The hardest part was trying to get services covered at late night hours. There were several things that were enjoyable, but a sense of accomplishment by the end of your workday.
Fast Paced / Challenging
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), FLOctober 17, 2012
I was based in FL and traveled nationally to various retail sites, working with both clients and independant service providers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was woking with my two fantastic QA team mates, the fast pace, challenge, traveling and meeting new people.

I see that there are multiple reviews some negative and some positive. Ultimately every job has its pros and cons. As for me I enjoyed my work while I was with the company.
Average
confidentail (Former Employee), confidentialJune 9, 2012
Typically does not promote from within and does not have clearly defined career path for existing employees.
A great place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Gloucester City, NJJune 7, 2012
NEST is a great place to work. The company has a focus on the people- both employees and customers. From monthly games and contests, to our summer BBQ and Christmas Party, the "bosses" make sure everyone knows they are appreciated.
Could be a great company as has some good leaders but also very poor managers
Confidential (Current Employee)July 31, 2011
Extremely long hours, understaffed company due to rapid growth, lack of communication between departments, many perks for those working in the corporate office, a lot of last minute job assignments, some good leaders but also some very poor managers

June 16, 2012

Save the aggravation and waist of time. Don’t work for this company. Your health and family are more important.