Nestlé Employee Reviews

work at nestle
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  jonesboroJanuary 23, 2017
Palletizer operator. I am responsible for printing tags with hour code, day code, and all applicable information to insure proper placement in Ryder warehouse and to insure that all information is correct. Without correct information product cannot be shipped or sold. I am also a licensed forklift operator as this job requires unloading trucks full of pallets and loading my machine with pallets.
Pros
schedule
Cons
clicky
Overall, it's a good place to to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
The work is pretty structured. You learn a lot about leadership skill. Management is all about bottom line. Most of co-workers are friendly. It's easy to work within the same department, but it's hard to work in cross functional team. People have different agenda; sometime they make a business decision at expense of some other people or functions.
Pros
benefits and work life balance
Cons
constant restructuring; low morale
Good job for the pay and benefits.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 26, 2016
It's a good job as far as pay and benefits but schedule wise and communication between the associate and management is lacking. They are quick to cast blame when things don't go their way.
Pros
Cafe has a decent lunch now. They have good health care. Available overtime.
Cons
They don't schedule enough people so breaks are limited I sometimes only get one break, Most of the supervisors over work the good employees.
Laid back and clean workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 15, 2016
Working at Nestle was pretty good, I generally enjoyed my time there. They had us clean everyday, so it was exceptionally clean. The environment was pretty laid back, which I enjoyed. I spent most of my time at the register or in the back helping with the cookies. I mostly didn't enjoy being paid under the table, and the backroom was a little unorganized, so it felt a bit hoarded. Overall, it was not a bad place to work.
Pros
Laid back environment and very clean.
Cons
Slightly hoarded back room, being paid under the table.
As an internship, it was very good experience. All the people are very cooperative. I want to work as a permanent employ in Nestle.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kabirwala, PakistanDecember 18, 2016
Very Disciplined, Good and Cooperative surrounding. Its my wish to work as a permanent employ in Nestle. it gives the good opportunities to grow up. All the people are cooperative. Management is very good. No compromise n Laws. Discipline is discipline.
Pros
Lunch, Good pay, Juices, transport.
Cons
Lunch, Prayer, And first aid etc
Nestle helps you reach your VERY BEST
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 16, 2017
For 16 years Nestle was my family and when I decided to leave it was a very hard decision to make in order to follow a dream. Nestle is about putting its employees first when it comes to safety and compensation. Having the BEST employees means producing the BEST products.
Pros
Great benefits and full-time work!!
Cons
Nestle is not everywhere geographically!!
Loved It
Direct Store Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 12, 2017
I was a retail merchandiser for this company. Overall, I had a great experience. Great bosses that worked closely with you to understand you as a person. They are a little slow with moving you into a full time role but the company only employs the best of the best. If you ever get your foot in the door... Stay there and retire
Pros
Free Pizza and Ice cream, Salary
Cons
Weekend work
Zephyrhill waters abuse their employees
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Long hrs, endless routes, old trucks, dated equipment. Unit leaders behave like if they were the president, stupid ridealongs, super heavy water bottles, they make route drivers have to upsale ridiculously priced stuff, they promise you heaven and earth at the beginning but the reality is a totally different one.
Pros
A/C in the truck
Cons
Everything else
Baking, Cake Decorating, Barista, and Ice Cream worker
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 5, 2016
Nestle Toll House is probably the best job I have ever had. I love the fast paced environment and the opportunity to learn new things. The company is well structured and their policies ensure that things run smoothly. My coworkers were extremely friendly and helpful and i would recommend this job to anyone.
Productive and fast paced
Wrapper/Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILNovember 4, 2016
Nestle was a nice place to work. It was fast paced if you were working on the lines wrapping and packing. Keeping the pace was crucial for production. The work atmosphere was cordial, management as well as coworkers. The hardest part of the job was keeping the pace when first introduced to a particular line. After getting familiar it was quite comfortable.
Productive, hardwork
Route Service Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJDecember 10, 2016
The compensation is good and the benefits are good, but its a physically demanding job so make sure you are ready for the work. If you don't mind the work then its a non-issue. The hours can sometimes be long but you are compensated for the time and a half with no issues.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
Structured work environment with processes in place to guide innovation and renovation
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Structured processes in place help guide innovation and renovation but can cause delays in speed to market. This company was a great company to start my career to help me learn the best practices for flawless execution.
Very cold atmosphere
Case Packer & Mix Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 14, 2016
I operated machines and inspected products in very cold temperatures. Teamwork was a must which I enjoyed and the management was great. Working in such cold temperatures was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and we all became very close.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Cold Temperatures
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 11, 2016
Baking cookies, learned safety when handling food and being around hot ovens. Positive workplace and management. Co-workers maintain positive and safe environment. Handling difficult customers. Being creative.
Pros
One free meal while on shift, positive work enviornment.
Cons
Few performance reviews
human oriented company focusing on long term goals
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 3, 2016
Provide needs for your family especially on health benefits. Compliant in terms of quality and food safety. People Safety is top most priority. People and co workers are very engaged in terms of achieving target of the company considering values are aligned on the values of the company
Loved the pay and being able to not just be in one place all day
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  canton ohioJanuary 20, 2017
Loved going to different stores in multiple cities very safety oriented hardest part was getting drivers to get the merchandise to the store in a timely fashion
Pros
flexibility, good pay
Cons
no room for advancement on call worked every weekend
Constant changing environment
ASSET MANAGER/WAREHOUSE MANAGER/INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 20, 2016
This position was very isolated, no direct supervision. You were expected to complete your work without someone watching over you. The most difficult part of the job was supervising people in other states and trying to account for freezers at the customer accounts. Customers would constantly move the freezers or take them without notifying us. I really enjoyed the autonomy of this position. As long as you did your work no one really bothered you.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no job security
nestle DSD
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2016
Visiting various supermarkets and talk to managers about upcoming sales, along with any comments or concerns they have about back stock and product on the shelf. Crucial to give constant communication to sales people and manager on what is in stock and what can be ordered.
Pros
work at your on pace
Cons
lot of driving and getting to knowing how to get to different stores
Like walking on eggshells
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WIFebruary 22, 2017
For the most part it was a decent place to work, there were some managers who were young and took telling people what to do to the extreme. The company is going through some growing pains, but eventually it will be better.
Pros
Good people
Cons
certain Managers
great place to work, great opportunities for advancement
Lead Relief Representative (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 4, 2017
typical day is a 10-12hr work shift. Upkeep and maintain accounts. stocking and ordering of nestle products in designated accounts pertaining to a route.
Pros
excellent health care benefits
Cons
labor intence duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2