Nestlé Employee Reviews in United States

Project Engineer
Engineer Maintenance & Project (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, Domincan RepublicFebruary 17, 2016
To be responsible of the physicals plant; to plan all the preventive maintenance of the buildings; to manage all the subcontractors; to be in charge of remodeling facilities projects.

I learned to work in team. The hardest part of this job was to deppend on others decissions. The most enjoyable part of this job was the need to be intense.
Nestle was cold and tiring
Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Nestle is a job I would not go back to only because you worked in a freezer but was sweating while working. Yes, you sweat while trapped in a -20 degree freezer. This job required its employees to pick frozen pizza and ice cream from out of this freezer and load them on a truck to be delivered to its certain destination. You had to keep a certain pace up to maintain good standings. I really didn't like this job too much but it was a job that gave me money.
Pros
Getting paid
Favoritism and scarce breaks
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 23, 2016
If you're not the managers favorite, you won't be treated well. The interview process was long. Shifts are long and I sometimes didn't receive a single break during my 6-8 hour shifts. They pay you as little as possible without them getting in trouble and sometimes there's discrepancies between the hours you worked and got paid. Not worth all the strenuous labor for less than minimum wage.
Pros
Free soda per shift
Good benefits, clean workplace, poor management.
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 20, 2016
The overall job was good with reasonable opportunity for advancement. Poor management due to inexperienced supervisors.
Benefits and pay were satisfactory.
It was ok
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed being able to learn new things and be able to bake good for customers. The management at first was great but after awhile they became kind of rude.
Pros
Fun, Nice Place, Friendly, employee Discounts
Cons
some management rude, low pay
Good company, very top heavy
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 9, 2016
Good company, very conservative. Too many corporate level positions makes it difficult to accomplish anything quickly, procedures applied as "one size fits all".
Pros
Very big
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Fieldloading Admin. & Raw Product Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Typical day at work - Data entry for field loading.
What I learned - different rating on potatoes
Management - was nice
Co-workers - were nice
Hardest part of the job - Had computer programs which were real, real old. It crashed and instead of them getting me a new program I had to set my own up in Excel.
Most enjoyable part of the job - co-workers
Pros
Field Loading Department
Cons
Some employees did not get along
Excellent learning environment, great people.
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 3, 2016
Nestle is an excellent company with a stellar background. I enjoyed meeting new customers and getting to know them on a personal level.
Work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305August 16, 2016
Its under new management now so I cant say much. But previous owner and manger were lovely and great work environment. Flexible hours and good pay for a food job.
Pros
50 off discount.
Cons
unpaid breaks
I enjoyed working at Nestle.
Administrator, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 29, 2016
Nestle was a great company to work for. I learned so much and had good managers and co-workers. It was my first employer and I gained great experience.
Fun work place
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMay 5, 2016
Pick the items that were giving using a headset. Also pack up the items that I picked. I was also a forklift driver and a assembly worker. Last but not least, I loaded up the trucks for all the items to be delivered.
Freedom... Sort off
Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 27, 2016
Being a retail representative means having a lot of freedom once your at work. The job doesn't require much thought at all, drive to a store break a pallet and repeat about 4-6 times a day. It does get a bit boring and over time you realize that its alway almost the same. You don't really get a sense of accomplishment but aside from that the job is good. Management is extremely nice however scheduling is a bit of a challenge for them. You never really know where you're going until the night before. Sometimes I wouldn't receive a text until 10-11 the night before I'm supposed to work. The co-workers are practically non-existent, you'll get to know store associates more than other "vendors." Hardest part of the job is the physical labor, its sometimes even mentally daunting. You arrive at a store look at the shelves and see they're practically full head to the back and find 3-4 pallets standing higher than 6 feet tall for you to sort through. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom, no one is really on top of you so long as you do what you're supposed to do.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Scheduling is a mess
Great environment
Marketing Activator (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaJune 7, 2016
Very open culture. Good environment to work. Lot of opportunities to grow. Culture focused on coaching and development of the employees.
Pros
Monthly bonus for food
Cons
Salary
good pay and benefits
Operations Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJuly 19, 2016
good pay and benefits. work environment a little rough around the edges. challenging place to work. hard to connect with the employees.
good company
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2016
awesome place to work, besides the lay-offs. great product with good backing and upper management. hard to move up with out a college degree. would work for again.
fun workplace i got a good experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 7, 2016
i got a good experience how to be a perfect leadership and developer
they teach me alot of things like increasing the sales, develop the store
interesting and fast paced
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 4, 2016
Alot to learn as a young graduate in a short amount of time. Good experience for an entry level chemist. Hardest part of job is balancing work with meetings. Nice instrumentation to learn analytical as an analytical chemist.
Pros
salary
Cons
hectic day
Walmart type of work flow
Retail representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 24, 2016
people are quiting left an right. instead of hiring more people you take more work on. pretty demanding an unfair. I do enjoy the relationships with co workers in all the stores.
Pros
fortune 500 company
Cons
never take inputs on problems
same
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
delivering 5 gallon bottles of water
driving route truck
coworkers some of the best people I've had the pleasure to work with
Pros
free breakfasts
Cons
long hrs very phiscally demanding job
daily work
Operations Support Coordinator, Allied (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMarch 8, 2016
you take everyday as it comes. some days you will be very buys other days you will be slow. Just like any service industry things can come in waves and one minute you may have no trucks and the next you have 20.

4.2