Nestlé Employee Reviews

Loved It
Direct Store Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 12, 2017
I was a retail merchandiser for this company. Overall, I had a great experience. Great bosses that worked closely with you to understand you as a person. They are a little slow with moving you into a full time role but the company only employs the best of the best. If you ever get your foot in the door... Stay there and retire
Pros
Free Pizza and Ice cream, Salary
Cons
Weekend work
Good Work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYFebruary 12, 2017
Good place to work. Has good management and good people skills. Good coworkers to work with anytime of the day. Very clean place to work.
Only quit cause of management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WIFebruary 8, 2017
I really didn't mind working there management made it so hard just drove me out the door really. says minimum of 20 word think im pas that
Pros
12hr shifts lots of time off never forced for over time
Cons
management was horrible
Good work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 8, 2017
Is a good place to be. I was a part time merchandiser, manager suddenly stopped calling me and answering my calls for me to keep working there. Other than that it was fine.
Great job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 7, 2017
It's by far the best company I have ever had the opportunity to work for. They really take care of there employee's from safety all the way up to wages and incentives.
Plenty of advancement opportunities.
Maintanace mechanic (Current Employee) –  Little Chute, WIFebruary 7, 2017
Growing company, plenty of opportunities, 12 hr shifts, overtime opportunity , all the free pizza you can eat on your breaks
Pros
Free pizza on breaks
Cons
Free pizza on breaks
Not a good career making job
Prepweigher (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Not. A good place to work idbyou want a career. Lack of advancement for people with proper qualification. Not truthful with employees.
Great people fast paced
Accounts Payable Clerk/ dispatch (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I only worked as a temp, but I was there for almost 3 yrs. Everyone there worked as a team. And a lot of the time would have special lunches. It was great.
Productive, Clean & SAFE
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I wasn't an employee for long, but from what I've experienced their biggest concern is your safety at all costs. They took me step by step to ensure I knew exactly what I was doing before even entering the factory. After every order of ice-cream we had to Sanitize all of the equipment. Cover what couldn't get wet, disassemble many parts to ensure everything was sterilized. In order to completely sterilized their were 7 steps; Cover, Lock, Disassemble, Rinse, Sanitizing Foam (strong), Rinse, Sanitizing foam (air dry). It's a very serious process, so serious after each step comes inspectors with flashlights and they catch everything (big or small) and if they find anything that step needs to be repeated. Their PPE (Proper Protection Gear) is warn at all times during the sterilization process. I can't stress enough on how big they are on safety.

I remember there being a sign outside right before you walk in the factory saying," Be safe at work, your family needs you." As you exit work the back of the sign said," Be safe at home, we need you." I thought it was very inspiring.
Pros
Safe, Clean, Thorough & Productive
Cons
Hard to be hired on. (Full-time)
Interesting work, non-routine
Millwright / Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Basic overview of daily work:
• Repair and perform preventative maintenance on belts, piping, filters, mixers, conveyors, valves, bearings, pumps and gear boxes
• Troubleshoot, modify, repair and proof test equipment as necessary to solve problems and pro-actively prevent them.
• Install, test, and maintain control devices, pressure sensing units, and flow measuring devices.
• Work from detailed technical documents, blueprints, schematics, etc
• Utilize computer inventory control, equiptment repair and PM scheduling systems

I learned how to do belt tracking with multiple rollers, troubleshoot high pressure large volume vacuum & blower material delivery systems and rebuild heavy duty product supply pumps.

I was hired at a time when management was going thru a large overhaul so explaining procedures and processes became routine.

Thankfully the workplace was changing to a much more safety-orientated one.

The hardest part of the job was completing tear-down, cleanup, repair & changeover in the ever shrinking production sahut down windows.

I enjoyed the non-routine troubleshooting parts of the job the most. It was quite satisfying to repair a system or piece of equipment with which I was completely unfamiliar.
Pros
Free coffee during morning meetings
Cons
too many meetings
Worst place I have worked
Caser Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 25, 2017
Very poorly managed and if it weren't for the money Nestle was pouring in annually, the facility I worked at in Gaffney, SC would already have gone under.
work at nestle
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  jonesboroJanuary 23, 2017
Palletizer operator. I am responsible for printing tags with hour code, day code, and all applicable information to insure proper placement in Ryder warehouse and to insure that all information is correct. Without correct information product cannot be shipped or sold. I am also a licensed forklift operator as this job requires unloading trucks full of pallets and loading my machine with pallets.
Pros
schedule
Cons
clicky
Loved the pay and being able to not just be in one place all day
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  canton ohioJanuary 20, 2017
Loved going to different stores in multiple cities very safety oriented hardest part was getting drivers to get the merchandise to the store in a timely fashion
Pros
flexibility, good pay
Cons
no room for advancement on call worked every weekend
Pizza Maker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIJanuary 18, 2017
This place is fine to work in as long as you like making pizza all day long every day of your life. They try to switch it up by making you move down the assembly line all day to do different tasks, but it's so monotonous.
great hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Home life balance is fantastic. Most regional supervisors are not micromanagers which allows for a better work experience. Freedom is allowed at the account manager level to control your own schedule.
Pros
great Managment
Cons
n/a
Excellent Place to Work
Director, Corporate eCommerce (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Terrific work/life balance with opportunities for career growth. As part of global organization, opportunities exist for global assignments outside of U.S.
Pros
Work.life balance, career growth, compensation
Supervisors never satisfied, very fast paced and they'll work you to the bone.
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Supervisors always telling you what you're doing wrong. Terrible pay for such a stressful job. And they require you to work extremely fast.
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
Pace of work, supervisors
safe job
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 12, 2017
terrible management and leadership. Never back fills positions so you work short handed constantly. do not really care about safety they just want production at all costs
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything but pay
Overall, it's a good place to to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
The work is pretty structured. You learn a lot about leadership skill. Management is all about bottom line. Most of co-workers are friendly. It's easy to work within the same department, but it's hard to work in cross functional team. People have different agenda; sometime they make a business decision at expense of some other people or functions.
Pros
benefits and work life balance
Cons
constant restructuring; low morale
great place to work, great opportunities for advancement
Lead Relief Representative (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 4, 2017
typical day is a 10-12hr work shift. Upkeep and maintain accounts. stocking and ordering of nestle products in designated accounts pertaining to a route.
Pros
excellent health care benefits
Cons
labor intence duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2