Interesting work, non-routine
Millwright / Line Mechanic (Former Employee) – Franklin Park, IL – January 29, 2017
Basic overview of daily work:
• Repair and perform preventative maintenance on belts, piping, filters, mixers, conveyors, valves, bearings, pumps and gear boxes
• Troubleshoot, modify, repair and proof test equipment as necessary to solve problems and pro-actively prevent them.
• Install, test, and maintain control devices, pressure sensing units, and flow measuring devices.
• Work from detailed technical documents, blueprints, schematics, etc
• Utilize computer inventory control, equiptment repair and PM scheduling systems
I learned how to do belt tracking with multiple rollers, troubleshoot high pressure large volume vacuum & blower material delivery systems and rebuild heavy duty product supply pumps.
I was hired at a time when management was going thru a large overhaul so explaining procedures and processes became routine.
Thankfully the workplace was changing to a much more safety-orientated one.
The hardest part of the job was completing tear-down, cleanup, repair & changeover in the ever shrinking production sahut down windows.
I enjoyed the non-routine troubleshooting parts of the job the most. It was quite satisfying to repair a system or piece of equipment with which I was completely unfamiliar.
Free coffee during morning meetings