Nestlé Waters North America

Nestlé Waters North America Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE company to work for.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2012
I was with Nestle for 6 years and let me tell you it was the worst job i've ever had. It was good the first year but every few years or less they change management and that is what's going to/IS bringing Nestle down. Not a good environment to be in at all. Management teams there suck and just live to destroy employees lives. If you're an operator, oh man i feel sorry for you. Just over all this Company is no good. Expect to live at work and then get disciplined for OT. Niagara is taking over the water industry and now is my current employer. Stay away from Nestle if you have any morals and a family.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
everything besides some decent benifits
Good Workers very bad management
production resource (Current Employee) –  stanwoodSeptember 23, 2012
In the past year lost six supervisors, managers do not develope their employees their job is to make you look bad. They work you 14 hours a day and then you have to answer your cell and emails on your off days. The plant manager talks about his encounts with women sexuallyin the present of women plus he wears his pants pulled up to his belly button so his crouch can show. once during a interview told we will not hire grandma (older lady)The job of the managers is to embarass you and thats a quote. The only successful people are single males. the plant manager also once tied a noose in a plant meeting the african americans were greatly offended.
Pros
employees
Cons
management
great opportunity
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  raynham maJuly 26, 2012
there is SO much opportunity in this company. being a CSR was difficult at first as the only incoming calls are mainly complaints from customers (everyone has an auto delivery schedule so the only need for a call center was if something wasnt right with their delviery usually) however if you were successful at that job you could only go up from there. i was promoted multiples times in the first year of my employment there. they unfortunately hit hard times when the economy crashed and the room for advancement wasnt as common. i was hired there at 19 years old and because of this company i have a great resume and tons of experience including call center management
Pros
great money, lots of room for advancement
Cons
entry level job is very tedious, lots of complaint calls
Productive, yet fun environment to work in
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAApril 25, 2012
A typical day at Nestle would entail answering the phone for customers who either have problems with their deliveries, need to change their order, or had billing questions. I would input the information in the system for the customer, and make sure to satisfy their needs. The management here were helpful and friendly. They were always looking to help us get ahead with the company. The hardest part about the job was having to deal with some of the irate customers, however I never took anything personally and handled everyone with respect and care. I most enjoyed being able to talk to customers everyday and hear their appreciation when I was able to fix their problem. Customer service is key to any position.

Comment – May 1, 2012

ul at ssf branch (cs) not to be trusted and nor cal ops mgs not to be trusted at all

Great co-workers poor management!
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Stanwood, MISeptember 15, 2012
Worked here 3 seasons and was told I would be hired when a full time position came open. Once a position came up during my third season it was given to a new seasonal position person with less then 6 months on the job. I applied to go back for a fourth season but was told I did not have the skills needed for the same position I had already done for three seasons for them. There is a large turnover in employees both management and hourly. The company only wants yes employees not employees that think for themselves and speak up on issues. When you ask a question the answer is I will need to get back to you on that.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
management, limited days/hours you my work in a week.
too coorperate under paid poorly run company no loyalty
route driver (Former Employee) –  el monte caJune 1, 2014
used to be a good company to work for but since nestle took over everything changed company is divided upper management is clueless on what it takes to make it successful and always changing polocies and implementing new procedures to make a profit but they don't produce results and they go back to where they started compensation and raises have decreased for route drivers but work load and sales expectations have increased making it difficult for any raise environment feels like you are a number and their is no loyalty for employees,and for that reason high turn over rate for employees.
Pros
job keeps you fit ok medical insurance
Cons
underpaid for what is expected, long hours heavy work load poorly run company.

Comment – June 12, 2014

I agree company has changed management do not care about their employees underpaid and overworked very high turn over most veterans are leaving take literaly 10 to 12 years to make max hourly rate and that is with you meeting their delivery requirements and goals.

You definitely earn every penny
route sales (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJOctober 12, 2013
It's a great job with good pay and positive attitudes, but it's the first job I've had where if they don't like you, they constantly look for ways to terminate you. Turnover is high, and trainees never get whole routes at first, so you're constantly catching up. 60+ stops a day and they are all expected within 30 minutes of ETA, regardless of what variables may have presented themselves.

But regardless they are an easy company as long as you have a good attitude and put an honest effort towards exceeding expectations.
Pros
company spares no expense, deep pockets
Cons
very corporate, timing demands physically impossible, communication and coordination
Nestle Waters - Overall Poor Management
Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Stanwood MINovember 26, 2012
Nestle has a lot of potential but they will never reach it, Most managers do not understand the basics of what they manage. If you know your stuff & make managers look bad - you will not get promoted. Very much the good o-boy network. The culture is poor, no real interest in development of work force. Leadership can not lead correctly because they do not have the knowledge base needed to make the tough calls - strongly rely on others = Weak. Other water filling companies will give Nestle Waters fits because they can not truely compete in the long run due to costs & very weak leaders.
Avoid Nestle Waters = A Longterm Bust.
Pros
a lot of free food
Cons
the weakest leaders / management known to man
Manager of Travel, Relocation and Corporate Card Administration
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 12, 2014
20 Years with Nestle covered multiple job responsibilities for me. I started as an Executive Secretary and moved quickly to an Administrative Assistant Position and my last move was to management.

I was a one man show and loved all of it! It was hard but I truly enjoyed being busy, am proficient in multi-tasking and would go back to day if they would take me.

Being an Administrative Assistant was very fulfilling for me. I loved every aspect, especially the meeting and incentive planning that I supported. It became a critical part of my job even when I moved to management.
Pros
great people to work with, recognized my strengths and always enhanced and encouraged them.
Cons
no cons.
Great company to work for
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  fairfield, ohioSeptember 26, 2013
In the beginning my day consisted of inspecting my route truck in a.m. then completing all my schedule deliveries for the day and consolidating truck and inventorying at end of day. The later years here were filled with different challenges each day, from customers complaints, to truck break downs and ensuring the teams were able to complete all stops for the day.
I learned a lot over the course of my employment. How to handle peoples issues with empathy, how to operate a forklift, to working with computer software (Microsoft and word programs)
The hardest part of the job was trying to meet customers expectations while also taking in mind the route drivers mentality. The most enjoyable part was when I was able to complete the customers request and here them say thank you
Productive, Interesting, Great place to work
Seasonal Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Poland Spring, MEMarch 9, 2014
The Production Operator works as a team in a high volume, light manufacturing environment. Duties include operating high speed bottling or packaging equipment, loading raw materials, forklift operation, equipment troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, quality control inspections, line sanitation, and data recording. Production Technicians will rotate work stations and execute other operational tasks as needed in order to maintain an efficient operation and optimize Manufacturing performance.
Pros
three paid breaks, not treated like a seasonal employee, up to five cases free water given to all employees every month
Cons
no health insurance, vacation or sick time. very hot enviornment to work in. very fast paced
A powerful company with great success but lacks in culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MADecember 10, 2012
I was extremely fortunate to work for Nestle Waters; they provided me with great opportunities at a young age. I was able to advance quickly and develop friendships that will last for the rest of my life. The only downfall is the company's strong corporate culture. This seems to weaken productivity and increase front-line turnover. They also have dated methods of communication, including an MS-DOS program that runs the majority of the company's internal structure. Aside from that, this was my most valuable and well-rounded work experiences.
Pros
great benefits (401k, health and dental), wonderful group of people, opportunities for advancement
Cons
firm corporate culture, dated methods for communication
Transport driver
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 16, 2015
Looking back on my 7 years there and I feel it was a complete wast of time. Forklifts are make for inside use and they use them outside in all weather conditions driving thru potholes and your back absorbs all the impact. The company pledges safety, safety,safety but when you are doing the job it is all about getting the job done and management turns its back to what is really happening. I could go more about management but all I will say QUITTING THIS JOB WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID.
Pros
free water
Cons
Working nights un unsafe condtions, bad equipment as trailors axels are cracking and may cause acidents
Work independently with great co-workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAFebruary 10, 2015
As soon as you entire the doors you have a wonderful receptionist greet you and welcome you to work. Then you would sit at your desk and begin taking calls. The hardest part for me is not being able to see my customers. I can build rapport incredibly well but have always liked working with customers face to face more-so.

Best part of this job was always having different sales competitions going on. Friendly competition is great and keeps your mind creatively thinking. Plus seeing a little more in your paycheck never made anyone upset!
Pros
bonuses available
Cons
no face to face interaction with customers
The most amazing job I have ever had.
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2012
Nestle Waters is one of the most amazing places I have ever had an opportunity to work with. A typical day includes getting to the office at 7:30am and leaving at approximately 9:30am. I go business to business and sell water options. I learned that it is possible to work for Corporate America and they will do there best to take care of you to the best of their ability. My management team is amazing and my co-workers are my family. The hardest and most discouraging part of my job is that there is little or no movement in my company to get to the next level. The most enjoyable part of my job is selling and meeting new people every single day.
My skills to addvance the company are not be used to do so.
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
I show up 3 hours early every morning to inshore my team well have work days that are manageable for each individual. I work with my team to figure out any problems that arise that need to be fix immediately. I conduct meetings to promote morel support, safety, sales, ideas and motivation. I cover on road routs to keep the business running and help manage the team on rout during the day. I wait for my team to return from a safe and productive day and deal with any issues.
Pros
i want to help every one around me to succed.
Cons
i take my work very personal and dont fail.
always busy
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Boiling Springs, TNAugust 21, 2015
enjoyed learning something new everyday being able to jump in and help any operator in the plant to run or fix machinery to help them make production so they could get incentive pay. Took a whole line of new employees trained them all and we were the first group to make incentive on that line and we did it in less than two weeks because as a lead I never left the line was running up and down it all night had all members of the line working as a team to get the job done trained the all to run every piece of equipment on the line not just their part of the line such great teamwork
Pros
great employees
Cons
the hours
you'll burn out quick
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAJuly 29, 2013
i've been at nestle for 5+ years - the benefits are ok, co-workers are cool and they are relatively flexible with scheduling, however it's incredibly fast paced and you will get burnt out quickly. the training process has significantly decreased - the turn around rate is awful and it causes a higher call volume and a lot of mistakes being made that other reps are having to fix. it's a numbers / revenue generated company - they don't really care about their reps, unless they are making tons of money
benefits
Cons
high call volume, communication process issues, numbers only oriented
Pay is good! Communication with management, not so good.
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 24, 2013
As long as the operators are doing their job, our job is simple. Something breaks, you fix it! I learned just how a manufacturing company works. Communication with management could have been a little better. If you told somebody something, by the time it got to the person it was supposed to, the statement had changed. Co-workers worked great together, in and out of the plant. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with what was expected of us, but we did it. The people (employees) were the most enjoyable part of the job,
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours (12 hour shifts)
Watch your back and always have a fallback plan
Peon (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 27, 2014
Good place to work temporarily, just don't count on making it a career. As soon as you start feeling like all is going well and nothing could go wrong...RUN! Never rest on the satisfaction that you've done a great job, gave it all you had and cared about trying to make this company great. Because guess what? They don't need you. You are completely disposable. Do yourself a favor and find a job somewhere else.
Pros
free water, coworkers were great, healthcare
Cons
management doesn't care about anyone, including the success of the company