Nestle DSD

Nestle DSD Employee Reviews

Competitive salary and great benefits
Route Salesman (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Can be very hard to advance with your career here. You really have to put yourself out there and go get it. Sales routes can get monotonous. Typical day includes on average about 7 stops per day. Overall frontline management is decent. Long hours will occur during high selling seasons (50+ hours). I love to sell.
Long days terrible management
Warehouse 1 (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: management, long days
It was usually 10-12 hours a day, working inside a freezer. Co-workers were excellent to work with, however management was terrible, Warehouse manager would not let people take vacations even if they had time on the books, but would take his vacation. In the 3 months I was there I saw him take at least 5 vacations. The lead instead of helping myself and the co-workers would sit in the office all day.
good people not great pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 13, 2015
good people but not enough pay for the amount of work asked of you. Two companies combined to one that does not work out well
Loved the automotive industry
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
Hard work and long hours but was compensated well.
Jack Ingram Motors was a great family run business.
Great Benefits but management sucks
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management
I've been with Nestle for 10 years. The managers are very arrogant and have a cut throat mentality. I'm ready to look for another job.
Route Sales
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXNovember 11, 2014
Driving a truck for route sales of frozen pizza and ice cream to grocery and large dept.stores.
Nestle has a lot of good people and good ideas, but i think that the company has grown to large and their management team has fallen behind
Sales Route Relief (Former Employee), carteret njNovember 7, 2014
Pros: being out in the stores on a daily basis
Cons: management
A typical day was 10 plus hours because you were constanly waiting for deliveries. i had plenty of Great coworkers that i became very close to. the hardest part of the job was the shedule and the lack of communication
Foreign bank
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Solon, OHOctober 10, 2014
Always busy, helpful team and management. Good salaries and benefits.
Not willing to work here
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fridley, MNOctober 1, 2014
N/A, my career here was long and I was happy to leave. I wish I could divulge more but I am can not discuss to reasons in which I left.
If you have a good boss its a great place
Regional Sales Rep. And CDL (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good salary benefits
Cons: on some jobs never enough hours in the day
Its not a bad place to work. Sometime the days are long and you must remember to stay within the DOT guide lines
long days poor communication
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lafayette, INMay 15, 2014
long days hard place to work company has little concerns for the well being of employees
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: work is ever changing and you meet all different people.
This is a vendor company that you must be self motivated. You run a route that is your to manage and increase sales. You have little to manager interaction but the co-workers are there to help. There is not much hard parts to this job if you plan you work day well. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Fast paced job , work with people
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Glendale Heights, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: fast paced, good benefits, ability to manage my job
Cons: low job security
I go to stores or accounts to service by ordering and merchandising our products. The people I mostly deal with are at the store level and not with my company other than phone conversations and occasional meetings.

I enjoy creating my day and planning how to do it. I like people and being able to be out doing my thing. The job is very physically demanding which I can handle , but it is hard work. I do also enjoy that it makes me day go by faster with the work load I have. I like being busy.
Overall a pleasant place of employment
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ebensburg, PAFebruary 14, 2014
A typical day a work consists of 3 to 6 pallet deliveries to either small or large format grocery stores which includes merchandising and speaking with management about future opportunities for sales growth. I have gained invaluable knowledge in building relationships and growing the business. I work with professional co-workers who know the business. The hardest part of the job is making time stops and the most enjoyable part of the job is the customer interactions.
Very unfocused
District Sales Leader Designate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 22, 2014
From a developmental stand point there isn't much direction. Many coworkers are very one sided and unwilling to extend any support or knowledge.
Good pay, long hours.
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: high turnover
I worked for Nestle for 4 years. I was dropped and replaced for a minor incident. When I started with Nestle it was a great place to be, but now they keep letting good people go and putting more work on the ones that stay behind.
Incompetent Leadership. Yearly Re-orgs. Dishonest Human Resources
Sales (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: decent pay, decent bonuses
Cons: dishonest human resources department, incompetent leadership, constant re-orgs and direction changes
Where can I start..? Nestle DSD, a division of Nestle USA, may very well be the worst run division of a company that I have experienced in my lifetime. The leadership lacks typical acumen, doesn't understand simple business strategies, changes direction quarterly, re-orgs yearly, initiates lay-offs to cut costs since there is no understanding of supply chain or process improvement, and then has a lot of their field employees working 55 and even over 60 hours in some cases, and then hides that information.

I would absolutely NOT recommend someone joining this division as I believe it is not only a horribly managed division, but in my opinion, a failing division that will soon be phased out.
Route Delivery/sales
Delivery Driver/ Route (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: all local deliverys
Route sales and delivery to local stores. Self managed. 10-14 delivers a day. Dot regulated. class A.
its ok
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), ArizonaDecember 27, 2013
long hours, hard work, under appreciation. However, it pays well and it is a job. Glad to have it but would like to do more.
Decent company but they have their problems
Routesales (Former Employee), Waco, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits good pay
Cons: management
Went to work everyday because I enjoyed my job the people I worked with and my customers. did not have a high opinion of my new manager but did my job anyway.Enjoyed the fact that at the end of the day I had given 110%

1 2 3