Nestle DSD Employee Reviews

Solid company to work for
Pre-Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 16, 2015
The best part of working for Nestle in my management team. They are very supportive and understanding of the rigors of our positions. My daily routine consists of leaving at 4:30 AM and arriving at my first account at approximately 5:30 AM. I proceed to service several various accounts throughout the day with products needed as well as check in with store management for any concerns and possible sales opportunities. I must be conscientious of backroom stock inventory as to maintain shelf conditions without overloading the store inventory with unnecessary product.
Pros
Diverse working conditions
Cons
Too much travel time to and from work area
If you can handle putting your employer at higher priority than your family time, this job is for you.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Rialto DepotJune 29, 2015
A good company to work for overall. Good pay depending on structure of route sales rep is positioned into. They can train for Class B license. Very well organized. An ever adapting company, changes with the demand of customers and profit margins vs cost. They demand every employee to be safe and they train employees to report anyone being unsafe. A company that focuses on the broader scope of workers life vs work balance. My opinion is the company has a lot of room for improvement with management, as performance is overlooked by tenure, which may be frustrating for newer employees. But overall it is a healthy environment if you can match your lifestyle to 3am - 3pm work schedule daily, and don't mind driving 100+ miles depending on route given to employee. The system they use to operate daily is very well planned out, with a few wrinkles that can't be avoided. My reason for leaving is of personal reasons as it cost me more to drive 200 miles a day, and only be compensated for half the gas mileage, I was going in debt due to this factor, as the company has been forced to reallocate the routes based on tenure every two years but this last time it was one year and they confirmed this would be the last reallocation, which caused me to be concerned about my salary vs wear and tear on my car and life with family. 200 miles a day is 2.5 hours on-top of 12 hours a day. So I decided this was not matching my lifestyle anymore, and was costing me more than benefiting me. The biggest challenge is keeping the store personnel happy and wanting you to come back with more product, for incremental  more... end displays, and keeping shelves full. That is the funner part as well because it the challenge that entertains you to strive to grow the revenue of your route.  less
Pros
see below for details
Cons
see below for details
Nestle ruined two great comnpanies
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJune 17, 2015
Was great when Edy's and then Nestle bought them. Huge company but treated people without respect. Edy's was a family Nestle is sadly just a company.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, Nestle didnt care
Not a place for the lazy
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2015
If you are a self starter and goal oriented and hard working , this is the place for you. If you need management to hold your hand all day probably you should look else where.
Poor Company Culture
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2015
This company was a good company to work for but I was only working part time and I was only used and NOT valued. I was an asset that was not Valued.
Pros
I good Basic Job
Cons
Not Valued
Corp environment but large solid company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 19, 2015
like any corporation, it can be demanding but if you enjoy your work, it makes it more pleasant & acceptable. Since Nestle is such a large corporation, you have access to many tools to develop your skills sets while learning the business you are in.
Pros
#1 brand in the world!
Cons
insecurity as far as employment due to constant downsizing & re-structuring
Competitive salary and great benefits
Route Salesman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Can be very hard to advance with your career here. You really have to put yourself out there and go get it. Sales routes can get monotonous. Typical day includes on average about 7 stops per day. Overall frontline management is decent. Long hours will occur during high selling seasons (50+ hours). I love to sell.
Long days terrible management
Warehouse 1 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2015
It was usually 10-12 hours a day, working inside a freezer. Co-workers were excellent to work with, however management was terrible, Warehouse manager would not let people take vacations even if they had time on the books, but would take his vacation. In the 3 months I was there I saw him take at least 5 vacations. The lead instead of helping myself and the co-workers would sit in the office all day.
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
management, long days
good people not great pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 13, 2015
good people but not enough pay for the amount of work asked of you. Two companies combined to one that does not work out well
Loved the automotive industry
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 1, 2015
Hard work and long hours but was compensated well.
Jack Ingram Motors was a great family run business.
Pros
great pay
Great Benefits but management sucks
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
I've been with Nestle for 10 years. The managers are very arrogant and have a cut throat mentality. I'm ready to look for another job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Route Sales
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXNovember 11, 2014
Driving a truck for route sales of frozen pizza and ice cream to grocery and large dept.stores.
Nestle has a lot of good people and good ideas, but i think that the company has grown to large and their management team has fallen behind
Sales Route Relief (Former Employee) –  carteret njNovember 7, 2014
A typical day was 10 plus hours because you were constanly waiting for deliveries. i had plenty of Great coworkers that i became very close to. the hardest part of the job was the shedule and the lack of communication
Pros
being out in the stores on a daily basis
Cons
management
Foreign bank
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 10, 2014
Always busy, helpful team and management. Good salaries and benefits.
Not willing to work here
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 1, 2014
N/A, my career here was long and I was happy to leave. I wish I could divulge more but I am can not discuss to reasons in which I left.
If you have a good boss its a great place
Regional Sales Rep. And CDL (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 2, 2014
Its not a bad place to work. Sometime the days are long and you must remember to stay within the DOT guide lines
Pros
good salary benefits
Cons
on some jobs never enough hours in the day
long days poor communication
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 15, 2014
long days hard place to work company has little concerns for the well being of employees
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2014
This is a vendor company that you must be self motivated. You run a route that is your to manage and increase sales. You have little to manager interaction but the co-workers are there to help. There is not much hard parts to this job if you plan you work day well. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
work is ever changing and you meet all different people.
Fast paced job , work with people
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMarch 5, 2014
I go to stores or accounts to service by ordering and merchandising our products. The people I mostly deal with are at the store level and not with my company other than phone conversations and occasional meetings.

I enjoy creating my day and planning how to do it. I like people and being able to be out doing my thing. The job is very physically demanding which I can handle , but it is hard work. I do also enjoy that it makes me day go by faster with the work load I have. I like being busy.
Pros
fast paced, good benefits, ability to manage my job
Cons
low job security
Overall a pleasant place of employment
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAFebruary 14, 2014
A typical day a work consists of 3 to 6 pallet deliveries to either small or large format grocery stores which includes merchandising and speaking with management about future opportunities for sales growth. I have gained invaluable knowledge in building relationships and growing the business. I work with professional co-workers who know the business. The hardest part of the job is making time stops and the most enjoyable part of the job is the customer interactions.