Nestle Nespresso Employee Reviews

Great place to work with big advancement opportunities in career.
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
Great place to work with big advancement opportunities in career. High energy and career focused leaders in place to ensure maximum productivity. Great place to work.
different
Boutique Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
It could have been a great place to work, but with growing pains, it became a struggle to feel comfortable at work. It's a great product, but not the best talent as management.
Pros
great salary
Cons
no job security
Coffee and Strict Standards
Coffee Champion/Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2017
If you want to be in job where the facade is main basis than this is your job. The whole company is about improving certain members of management team.
Pros
Two free machines per year
Cons
No development and lack of direction
Very stressful
High-End Booutique Coffee Specilaist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2017
The management was horrible! We had a new manager like every one-to-two weeks. They did not care about the employees much. My first paycheck was at least a week late. One of the district managers wads racist towards Black people. She got a team lead to tell me things instead of doing it herself! Do not work there if you value your sanity! People who came into work after me got to go to lunch BEFORE me! Once I had to wait for 6 hours to get a break because we were so busy and under-staffed.
Pros
Perks at Works and Insurance
Cons
everything else!!!
Benefits are great. Management needs work.
Boutique Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2017
Went there with hopes of high energy environment and dependable team. Managers were scattered and expected sales without prior training. Literally gave me a handbook and put me on the floor.

Nestle benefits are awesome and free coffee is always good, but if you're looking for reliable management, look elsewhere...
Pros
Free coffee, good benefits, top rated establishment
Cons
Management, workload, questionable training
productive and stressful
Boutique Coffee Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 29, 2017
Manager was a sweetheart, assistant manager and supervisors decided to micromanage their employees, so they need more training when it comes to work. Great discounts, wonderful coworkers but management needs more training
extremely challenging environment
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 27, 2017
This is a High energy environment. Lots of audits and lots of procedures. Work days tend to be very full with little down time. The retail cash wrap system is way out of dated and can be a challenge when the system acts up.
The Brand is top of the line and worth every penny.
Pros
Great product. very strong brand
Cons
frequent changes in overall day to day routines
Working at Nespresso
Boutique Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
Nespresso doesn't give very much room for work/life balance-especially if you have a family.However if you are looking to stay with a company its here
Pros
above minimum initial compensation and benefits, even to pt employees
Cons
terrible scheduling, not very much room for growth within
Outstanding work environment and ethic.
Third Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 21, 2017
Nespresso is an incredible company to work for. The conduct the company follows allow every single individual that is employed by Nespresso to grow within and expand to new horizons.
Pros
paid time off, reachable bonus program, reasonable working schedules.
BOUTIQUE COFFEE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 28, 2017
I was so blessed to get this job and loved it while I had it. Typically you are selling machines and coffee capsules. Sometimes you will be organizing and cleaning to maintain a welcoming experience. There is so much to learn from this job. Learning different types of coffees, how they are created, how to create sales, how to bring in more customers, how to show sales, stocking management, health and safety in the work place, etc..., I came into this job not knowing much and now I feel that I can work anywhere. You can learn so much from this job, but you really have to make the initiation to do it. The work culture is great. You will have a small team which means you all become close and they really have your back in any situation. Management (which I later became a part of) does a really good job of hiring great people who will make great coworkers to have by your side. The hardest part of this job (and the best part of the job as well) are the customers. We demonstrate both the machine and the coffee, an have cary our cups, while offering milk and sugar all complimentary. Since we do this, we attract many people who come on a regular basis for free coffee (when they don't even have a machine [which is fine but not matter how many times we try to sell to them, they have no intention to buy the machine; however they always cave during a sale]) and they tend to complain about not having a certain type of milk or ice or sweetener. Also since the coffee is free, it has a tendency to attract some crazies. However, most of the customers are amazing and love having a conversation  more... with you which we all love. Although, during the Christmas season (Nov- Feb) the boutique is crazy busy. It helps the day pass by, but you get so tired, and since its retail, you don't ever get a recoperation period. Although there are somethings you can complain about, this is a wonderful job and feel very blessed to have worked here for 3 years. I would recommend this job for anyone looking for a good amount of hours, great benefits, who is a quick learner, and a hard worker.  less
Benefits
Cons
long days
sales with a caffeine boost
Coffee Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 24, 2017
its a supportive company that deal in high end coffee and coffee machines. the recycling program is very highly liked by employees and customers, all you can drink cofee
Pros
free coffee
No Room for Growth
Boutique Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maimi, FLMay 24, 2017
Management pushes all of their work load onto their direct reports and only hires/ promotes based on favoritism. It's extremely hard to get promoted even if your performance exceeds your annual reviews.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Nepotism
Solid Job, Good Company, Good Coffee
Boutique Coffee Specialist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 1, 2017
Most days consist of rushes and lulls. Advanced coffee knowledge and tastings. Good environment and managers. Nice benefits. Company has upward mobility. Often we do coffee/espresso tastings, and there are always people whom aren't interested in the notes or even the product; they just want free coffee. The constant freeloading presence becomes bothersome, and disheartening to my coworkers.
Pros
Good: people, environment, benefits, pay
Cons
shorter breaks, repetition of freeloading customers
Talk to many customer, recommend which coffee is suited for them, know a lot of information regarding the machines
Boutique Specialist (Former Employee) –  5th AvenueApril 17, 2017
It was a great job. A great job to build customer service skills. So many customers walk in everyday who aren't familiar with the Nespresso brand, so education them about it is one the main aspects.
Flexible hours and a fun environment to share Nespresso' amazing coffee and machines!
Coffee Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisApril 6, 2017
This is a great company to work for part time if you are flexible with hours and locations. The product is 2nd to none and customers are always impressed! A comparatively good hourly rate plus commission. Nespresso is Eco-Friendly in every way and recycles all capsules and coffee.
Pros
Flexible hours, positive support and training from upper management, superior product.
Cons
No benefits, inconsistent hours
Great Product and Great place to work!
Boutique Coffee Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2017
I was a customer of Nespresso before I came to work for them, great health and your typical health benefits and also get 2 free machines a year, 300$ a quarter to whatever merchandise or coffee. Great discounts on machines, accessories and coffee and espresso. Great group of people, it's safe to say it's the best job I've had before.
Pros
Limited free merchandise
Great work environment
Specialist/Boutique Champion/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2016
Great company to work for with nice benefits, although the work life balance was a little unpredictable. Management were often hired form outside of the company over looking qualified people.
summary
Coffee Specialst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 12, 2016
A typical work day at Nespresso consisted of doing machine demonstrations for clients and helping them decide on which coffee they wanted to purchase. As coffee specialist it was our job to educate the customers about coffees, including flavor notes and aromas, and how to best serve them.
I was a senior member of the team, and the trainer, so my positon consisted of coaching and guiding new employees.
The hardest part of the job was proving to management that you were a dedicated employee and that you should be given a chance to shine in a leadership role.
The most enjoyable part of my job was inter with the customers, many of which.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
too many ridgid company policies.
Coffee Boutique Specialist (Former Employee) –  Soho, NYMarch 15, 2016
My job's location was in the heart of the city; Soho, New York. I got to meet awesome people and converse with them everyday. I was also great learning about the culture of coffee.
Great Company
Demonstration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2016
A truly caring and progressive company, though part-time is extremely fullfilling to share a product that truly stands out with customers.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No Commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle Nespresso. Our community is ready to answer.