Nestle USA Employee Reviews

Worked as a temp
External Accessorial Clerk (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Working as a temp in the financial department was a nightmare! The manager who I used to work for was the basic description of at work bullying.There is no protection for temps from this kind of treatment. the only enjoyable part was when you left for the day.
Pros
holidays and weekends off, occasional free lunches
Cons
No paid time off, stress levels are intense.
Management had no clue
Full Time Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 18, 2017
You can work your tail off and it doesn't matter. Your thank you is to pick up the work that the higher pay scales employees don't or can't do, and it became expected. Management would hire non qualified people for utility positions and would let FT merchandisers train them. Saw this 1st hand and the management knew it and didn't care
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Poor management, no personal advancement
work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 17, 2017
I learned that it is like high school there. Its an easy paying job though. Find good people to work with. You get three breaks during your 8 hour shift
Pros
one free milk per day, Overtime on saturdays
Cons
People act immature
Probably a decent place to work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WISeptember 14, 2017
With my limited experience there this review isn't entirely up to date because i'm certain a lot of the problems that were prevailing at the time have been resolved. I dealt with a rough scheduling system, favoritism over color of hat, and expectations higher than those around me for some reason.
Pros
free pizza on breaks
Cons
dodgey scheduling system, inconsistent work hours.
Life Food
Senior Analyst - Sales Division (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2017
Nestle USA is an excellent place to work to learn and understand the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry. It's a global company, so you have opportunities to grow outside the U.S. Lots of brands and top notch marketing.
Pros
Products
Cons
Marketing Company
Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Hard working warehouse that doesn't stop. it takes a lot of energy to keep a great pace going. Nestlé is a Swiss transnational food and drink company. It has been the largest food company in the world.
Pros
1st Shift clocks out at 2:00
Cons
Very tiring
Rather dull, monotinous
External Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 11, 2017
The job mostly consisted of calling or sending emails to customers that had fallen behind in their payments. Many customers would simply make excuses or not respond. The main function of this job could be replaced with an auto caller and automated email reminders that the customer has fallen behind in their payments.
Stressful workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 7, 2017
Stressful because no ones on the same page everyone wants to be the boss and the job can't get done like that. I think if they do a better job by working as a team the job will be less stressful
the pace of this job varied
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 7, 2017
The job can be stressful and demanding at times. Depending on the season. Job task not always distributed evenly / fair. Great culture and great employees.
Pros
community care is remarkable
Cons
not enough money..
Great benefits but stressful environment
Human Resources Representative/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 6, 2017
Nestle overall is a good company, but local and incompetent managers in a fast paced environment make the job stressful. The company would rather recruit younger generation and send them to different locations to equip them to get promotions then to invest in the stable, long-term employees.

Want to know more about Nestle USA?

Ask a question
Tough place to work.
Merchandiser / Sales, Direct Store Delivery (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2017
Lot's of hours, had to use personal vehicle, very stressful, the management team in Direct Store Delivery was demanding and did not care or respect the employees.
Pros
Cons
Many and varied.
Good pay does not mean a good life
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Little Chute, WISeptember 6, 2017
I have worked at only ONE Nestle factory which is all I have for experience in Nestle. So remember this may vary else-ware. Most people quit this job because of all the forced overtime. Of course that is during the busy season where as during the slow season there are times when people collect unemployment from lack of hours. Not everyone is great to work with but there are a wide variety of jobs from factory to office to supervisor work. The thing here is you have to be open to improvement. A lot of the stress comes from the days where we had a lot of downtime or waste and it feels like they never let up because they don't, there is always room for making the line run better. The factory claims to be people focused and in terms of safety they do care ALOT (possibly because the more injuries, the more they pay). Some meetings are "well how can we make it better for people here" and others are, "well we can always find someone else". It got to a point temp agencies were having issues staffing our factory because of no one wanting to work here. But the benefits are good although a bit pricey thanks to the new healthcare act, they provide adequate paid time off which increases with the longer you work here along with Sick pay and Family Medical Leave. They used to provide a pension but no longer for new people. They pay starting at $15 per hour (as of 2017) and go up from there. There are salaried and hourly positions. I personally don't mind working here as they pay well and offer good benefits/ programs. However I want to travel and preferably move to another (warmer) state.  more... Which Nestle will relocate people to other Nestle Jobs if possible, but not what I'm looking for.  less
Pros
Pay, Insurance, Misc. Benifits, Cheap Nestle Products in company store
Cons
Too much overtime, stressful (depending on job), long hours, not really people focused for genuine reasons
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 6, 2017
In my opinion this is a great job. I'm treated as an adult which means I know my job,my objectives are clear and I'm expected to fulfill those with minimal supervision. Lately the company has begun like many to look for ways to cut costs which has now started them to micromanage things where before they weren't doing that.
Pros
Stable career, Minimal supervision, great benefits
Cons
Micromanaging as they look to cut costs. Days off during the middle of the week.
Fast paced, high stress environment.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2017
Overall, positive experience.

Expectations:
Fast decision making.
Early (3AM) start time.
Ability to work well with others and build relationships.

Pros:
Pros
Good pay, great benefits. Corporate discounts. Great people, with a solid team atmosphere. Free lunches
Cons
High (70hr) work weeks. Hyper stressful.
Some days were fun.
Shop technician (Former Employee) –  ThonotasassaSeptember 1, 2017
I was there for 6 years. The management sucked. The co workers were bullys. There was no room for advancement. Although the pay was great but all in all was a hostile environment to work in. Very fast paced work. Mandatory overtime. Would have been great if I had no life.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Clickish groups
Most of the workers were nice but my supervisor was very cold
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 31, 2017
The money is great but they can force you to stay 4 hours late at the last minute with no regards to if you have any kids, spouse, anything. If you are newer you also will basically work 6 days a week every week
Pros
Discounts on chocolate, nice pay
good benefits
EPSU (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYAugust 30, 2017
The jobs at Nestle paid well, especially for it to be in such a small community. The only downside to working there really was that the climate is on the cooler side.
Great Global Corporation
Executive Assistant/Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 28, 2017
Nestle USA is a terrific place to work. Fast paced, good benefits, great compensation, awesome people, diverse culture.

Management is fair and career advancement is possible with the right internal network.
Productive and challenging place to work.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIAugust 28, 2017
Worked with some very talented and resourceful individuals in a fast paced, safety conscious environment. There was a good variety of things to work on, so each day didn't get boring. Management was for the most part out of touch with the problems and concerns on the floor, lacking appropriate support to help things run as smoothly as possible.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Expect a lot of walking.
Productive work place
National Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 28, 2017
Good Work place, Work life balance is reasonable.
Management and employees are on the same level. Health and Safety is enforced at the highest level at manufacturing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle USA. Our community is ready to answer.