NET-A-PORTER

NET-A-PORTER Employer Reviews

I am a team player and open to training
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee), Long Isand City, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: loading packages and typing in isbn information into the system
Cons: i strive to achieve to meet dead lines and get the job done
I work in a large warehouse in Long Island City, New York.
My day starts with unloading packages and loading packages from UPS and FedEx trucks. Inside the warehouse when necessary utilized the fork lift truck to move inventory various locations in the Warehouse. Input ISBN numbers for tracking into the data entry system. I am a easy going person, open – more... to change. – less
Not for the long term
NY office (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2013
Pros: beautiful offices and product; decent discount
Cons: few advancement opportunities in ny office
A good place to work as it looks good on your resume but few if any growth opportunities.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Advisor (Current Employee), Charlton, ENGJune 21, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of answering customers inquiries either over the phone or by email, assisting customers with placing orders or tracking orders and updating customers with information about their account plus much more, everyday i would learn something new. There was never a quiet moment, except lunch time, but even then we had so – more... much to do, I was committed to ensuring I had everything under control, constantly following up on customers orders until customers where satisfied. I never realised how good my multitasking skills could be until I was introduced to the system in Net-a-Porter. the hardest part of the job was not being able to close a customers case or update the customer with something new. I always try my best to resolve a customers query as soon as possible or at least try and offer an alternative. The most enjoyable part was a customer calling and hearing pure satisfaction in a customers voice after i dealt with their query, being called a superstar was a plus. My co workers and i worked very well together, my motto was, team work makes the dream work. I enjoy learning new things and always attempt my best and from my case counts you can tell i always do my best. – less
Never going back there again
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 26, 2014
Pros: good money, that's about it.
Cons: fake employments and fake hopes
I was a really hard worker but didn't get anything in return.
All they want is cheap labor.
99% of the people were EU, no wonder why I didn't get kept on.
Fun and productive work place
First Line Manager (Current Employee), LondonMarch 22, 2014
Pros: working alongside diverse people
Cons: long hours
Come early before the shift starts to get handover>make plans according to priority order>check mails that might have impact on work flow> check warehouse management System then brief the team what is expected from them. deal with queries/ issues that arise. Keep close eye on data from system to see everything is running smoothly. keep close eye on – more... staff performance through out the management system and so on.

learned to be patient, take step back and analyse the situation before acting, be firm and fair and most importantly place controls e.g. targets and Company policies.

The hardest part of the job is to maintain consistent performance from staff through out the shift. This is achieved by encouraging, motivating, coaching and if necessary providing training in areas that have ben identified.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside with diversity of cultural team and achieving targets. – less
very productive workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Charlton, ENGJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: two 30min breaks
Cons: 12 hours 5 days p/w
it was a very hard working job, I was doing 12 hours a day for 5 days a week.

i enjoyed working there over the christams period
Always Busy
Training Assistant (Current Employee), Charlton, ENGOctober 17, 2013
Pros: chilling rooms/diner
Cons: tiring hours
After Briefing updates and SSOW
IWS monitoring SLA's to make sure there packed on time
Management are good
Friendly Team
Keeping Focused
Completed Objectives
Distribution Assistant / Upload Assistant (Current Employee), LondonOctober 3, 2013
Pros: benefits, close to home location
Cons: no development
Good place to work, like everything except, there was no chance to develop for me.