About Net Impact
Net Impact is the leading nonprofit that inspires a new generation to use their careers to tackle the world’s toughest social and environmental problems. We empower student and professional leaders to act locally through our vibrant chapter network and connect globally online and through our flagship conference. By 2020, we will mobilize a million new leaders to drive positive change in the workplace and the world. Our San Francisco-based team is passionate about helping others discover how they can make a net impact through their careers. Join us!
About the Position
The Web Application Developer will help Net Impact to achieve our digital vision, managing our server-side systems and programming, developing and maintaining our Drupal-based content management infrastructure, and helping to create the online products that will deliver an engaging and exciting online experience for our users.
Reporting to the Web Director, the Web Application Developer will be a key member of a small, growing team, serving as lead programmer on all online products and bringing technical expertise and a strategic approach to the evolution of our code base as we build out new applications and functionality. The right candidate is fascinated by the possibilities of continually evolving online technologies and brings intellectual curiosity, ambition, and creativity to web development work.
- Develop and maintain web features and applications, with projects ranging in scope from minor code tweaks to full site builds
- Lead the evolution of our Drupal setup and configuration, reviewing/integrating existing modules or producing custom code as needed
- Participate in preparing technical specifications for new products
- Oversee server-side infrastructure, serving as primary point of contact for hosting provider and helping to optimize for security and performance
- Manage code repositories and development environment
- Based on organizational needs, build, optimize, and maintain data collection tools online and ensure their seamless integration with CRM database
- Execute improvements to site functionality and perform urgent troubleshooting and fixes
- Bachelor’s degree, with a major in computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 2-5 years full-stack web development and production experience and understanding of current technologies, protocols, and standards
- Demonstrated PHP programming expertise and understanding of LAMP stack configuration; Python experience a plus
- Experience integrating customer relationship management (CRM) systems and other external APIs with online applications
- Familiarity with front-end development code and frameworks
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and ability to collaborate on cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and creatively in an fast-paced culture
- Commitment to Net Impact’s mission and/or experience working for a nonprofit or cause-related organization is preferred
Please send the following application materials to Bryan Williams at careers@netimpact .org. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Web Application Developer”) in the subject line of your email.
1. Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position, your qualifications, and your salary requirement or history
Location: Downtown San Francisco, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package