NetCitadel is a fast growing, venture backed startup based in Mountain View that was founded by a team of experienced entrepreneurs and security experts who have worked at companies including Google, Juniper, Level 3 and VMware.
Virtualization and cloud computing technologies are changing the enterprise IT landscape, but the pace of change in security has lagged behind. The dynamic nature of today’s data centers makes the traditional network security model operationally unsustainable. In response to this challenge, NetCitadel is developing technology that will transform the enterprise network security paradigm.
At NetCitadel you will find growth opportunities in an innovative and collaborative environment – while working with an experienced team of smart people who are very passionate about what they do.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing support and being the customer advocate for NetCitadel’s security management platform. On an ongoing basis, this role will be responsible for:
- providing customer support and technical issue resolution via email, phone and web
- documenting, analyzing and tracking customer trouble tickets
- educating customers on solutions and workarounds
- setting customer expectations appropriately
- replicating the customer environment to reproduce and document reported problems
- escalating issues into the engineering organization, as required
- coordinating the support of beta releases
- writing technical and applications notes
An ideal candidate for this position would be someone who has experience providing support for solutions for managing networking equipment including firewalls, routers or load balancers in large operational environments or someone that has supported networking or security device management for a networking equipment vendor.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with supporting enterprise network products
- Strong experience in the networking and security domain areas with deep working knowledge of ACLs, TCP/IP and L2/L3 concepts such as VLANs, link aggregation etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment
Highly preferred skills
- Strong experience in configuring, deploying and troubleshooting firewalls and other security devices (at least one of Cisco ASA/PIX, Juniper SSG/SRX, Check Point, Linux iptables), preferably in live production networks.
- Solid experience in Linux system administration (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu etc).