As a member of the Content and Application Development Services team, the e-learning Instructional Designer is responsible for working with clients to gather requirements for courseware design and to create design documents, scripts and storyboards from those requirements. The e-learning Instructional Designer will report to the Vice President, Custom Projects.
The selected individual must enjoy, and be capable of, working independently as well as in small teams, with leading edge technology in a fast paced work environment, and on multiple projects. This position will work as a team member with graphic designers, project managers, software engineers, and audio and video producers to develop courseware content for web-based and mobile delivery using a variety of authoring tools. Responsibilities include assessment of learning objectives, design of instructional strategy (including advanced simulations and role play exercises), and content scripting and authoring. Working with other team members, the Instructional Designer is responsible for insuring designed learning objectives are achieved in delivered course content and communicating to the developers specific instructional elements to be included within the delivered product. This person must also be proficient with various web technologies and leading content authoring systems.
- Degree in Instructional Design or related field (Masters preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in instructional design of web based courseware
- Practical experience and demonstrated proficiency with popular authoring tools and/or web based development tools
- Solid analytical, organizational, and decision making skills
- Able to conduct need, audience, and task gap analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Creative writing skills a plus.
- Ability to communicate with clients and articulate company position on projects
- Able to keep management apprised daily of key issues, critical needs and provide ongoing process reporting
- Must be team focused and able to multi-task effectively
- Experience with mobile learning a plus
NetDimensions offers competitive salaries and bonuses, group medical insurance, 401(k) and a great work environment.
Indeed - 2 years ago
NetDimensions is a multicultural and multinational company. Our team members come from different education and professional backgrounds, and...