At NetSuite Inc., our vision is to help mid-size businesses and divisions of large companies run their businesses better by providing the market's leading integrated, online business management software suite for accounting/ERP, customer relationship management (CRM) and ecommerce.
With products such as NetSuite, NetSuite OneWorld and NetSuite CRM+, we already meet the business software needs of over 6,500 customers worldwide. And as an industry leader, we value the uniqueness, creativity and innovation each employee brings, whether in the areas of engineering, sales, marketing, operations, customer advocacy, IT, or corporate resources. Our employees drive our vision and make our success possible.
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals, and helping the burgeoning mid-size business market achieve its goals. NetSuite is where business is going.
Reporting to the VP of Sales Operations, the Director of Business Operations – Software Vertical will lead NetSuite’s Overall Business Process for the Software Vertical. This position will work very closely with the General Manager – Software Vertical to drive improvement in the operating mechanisms for all functions that support the vertical. This position will make recommendations based upon strong, detailed analyses. These decisions will drive the dialogue for key decisions and represent an important voice in all Software Vertical decisions.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, results-oriented technology executive who is able to motivate and retain a team of high performance people and can energize/lead this team by articulating a worldwide vision for the organization. S/he will have successfully demonstrated a track record of leadership and transformational change management including the implementation of key elements of operating excellence such as financial modeling to drive product and resource allocation decision-making, M&A due diligence, implementation of systems and processes to improve revenue and bookings visibility and to perform ad hoc analyses that will improve decision-making.
The role requires gaining a deep knowledge of the software industry and the ability to translate industry knowledge into actionable improvements in how the Software Vertical operates. This person will interact with all levels of the organization including C-level and with all functions (Development, Product Management, Professional Services, Sales, Account Management, etc.).
- Weekly pipeline and funnel analysis which will be reported to the Software Cell.
- Monthly business review analysis to drive greater operational accountability.
- Mid-month and quarter booking forecast outlooks.
- Dashboard creation for improved bookings and revenue visibility.
- Drive metrics for Account Management organization to improve upsell and retention.
- ROI analysis on sales and marketing investments such as trade shows and webinars.
- Financial analyses to support product investment decisions.
- Drive monthly loss analysis and summarize for C-level management.
- Discounting and overall pricing analysis vs. competitors.
Requirements * Bachelor’s degree; MBA strongly preferred or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience ideally with CPG sales and/or marketing support.
- Proven leadership & coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong business partnership across functions.
- Strong financial analytics and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data into actionable insights and recommendations.
Requires approximately 10-20%.