NetApp Employee Reviews

Transformation issues
Global Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX & Sunnyvale, CANovember 29, 2016
Position was eliminated 6 months after joined due to 640 people lay off as part of the PLANNED transformation to improve productivity and lower our cost structure to align with our revenue expectations and fund investment in growth areas.
Fun to work with beer bash, ping pong, and Foosball table
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 23, 2016
Fun to work for with beer bash on Friday, ping pong, and Foosball tables.
The bad part: two layoffs every year for the last couple years,
Great Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2016
NetApp Is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone. The RTP campus is a beautiful place to work and people are friendly.
Fun and good place to work except constant fear of layoffs
MTS 2 Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 15, 2016
Fun and a good place to work. But because of the cloud enterprise storage business is loosing its market and NetApp did not adjust to the change well.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Constant layoffs
Great Opportunity
NPI Operations Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 14, 2016
Great place to learn and grow in a career opportunity. The management team and workforce are intelligent and forward thinking. It is a great growth environment where a lot can be learned with plenty of opportunity for those willing to work hard and smart.
Not so gptw
Materials Mgr/ Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 13, 2016
Top heavy and not enough Indians. Love the people that I work with but the leadership lacks motivation and clear outlook for the future.
Pros
gym, cafeteria, culture, volunteer time
Cons
lack of skilled and motivated leadership
CSOps Enablement Lab Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 13, 2016
Great people to work for, excellent benefits, and they care about their employees. They focus on educating their employees by having lots of internal classes and education. I enjoyed learning about NetApp products, keeping up with the latest technologies, and creating solutions for the Lab and the Support Staff.
Tough Times Ahead
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 11, 2016
The company is currently undergoing transformation. Employees morale is low and management has been tasked to reduced operating cost. All the best to the employees!
Life at NetApp
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 10, 2016
PROS:
WORK(Technology and approach) is GOOD,
PEOPLE(Engineers) are GOODS),
SO you basically learn a lot.

CONS:
Lacks structure and security and foresight.
Things(not technical stuff, things like Restructuring, lay off etc in the name of transformation) changes a lot at very fast rate, without proper and clear open communication to the employees. resulting is loss of good talent and very much uncertain work life balance.
Great Company to work for
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2016
Great Company to work, working with great people and great technologies for privet and public cloud. NetApp offer storage solution for enterprise customers and clients.
Lot's of talented employees, great comradery, but little job security
Field Support Manager (Current Employee) –  New Jersey/New YorkNovember 7, 2016
Nice place to work, mostly remote positions. Manage a group of 5 Escalation managers throughout the north east area, including New England. The group manages all escalations of high end network attached storage environments for G50 & G100 customers.

Challenging parts of the job was making sure my people have all the resources needed to engage the technical issues and facilitate remediation in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure my people are successful when doing their jobs which makes them feel good about what they are doing and in-turn, that helps make me successful because I know I've done a great job..
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Dealing with irate customers
Good place to work but no stable employment
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 3, 2016
Good place to work but no stable employment. People are friendly. You have a choice to work on the projects that you want. Because of the cloud the storage space has been impacted.
good people, poor company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 10, 2016
My coworkers there were very fun. We had a great bond. I liked how they always encouraged innovation.
Sadly I think the company itself is struggling. That made all of the perks they gave us feel obsolete.
Pros
AWESOME coffee maker game room wonderful people
Cons
lots of layoffs
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
NetApp is full of fantastic people that work hard and are interested in everyone's progress and success. Product is still easier/better to sell than that compared to competitors.
Excellent company run by poor management.
Certified Professional Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Netapp offers top of the line training, compensation, benefits and excellent career opportunity. All at the cost of job security and poor management. During my career with Netapp in the NYC office, I witnessed even the most senior management get let go on multiple occasions. To be replaced with inexperienced "suck ups", who as a consequence of their inability to lead and maintain customer relations, cost the company billions in lost contracts as well as countless hardworking employees underneath them without work. Nothing about Netapp spoke to me as a team effort. As my time with them was plagued with toxic co-workers, politically unacceptable behavior(college level antics/drinking) and overall lacking in human resources(NYC office didn't even have HR). Which in itself reflects the negatives of the business world. Office Politics aside, I love the company's technology, architects and core engineers who were with me in the field and classroom supporting each other every step of the way. But back in that office, it felt like a literal shark tank. Sink or swim is no way to run a Fortune 500 company.
Great Place to work
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 5, 2016
Great work culture and supportive management. Fun place, and lots of opportunities to learn and grow with the company. NetApp makes you want to achieve more.
Pros
Fun place and cool benefits
Cons
Jon instability due to layoffs
Trying to get back on track
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 23, 2016
Trying to get back on track. Once a great place to work. Now just a lot of work and stress. Hopefully new management will help to get Netapp into the cloud in a stronger way.
NetApp hires wonderful people with the rite job skills, They have been downsizing for the last four years at about 1000 people/yr.
Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTAugust 18, 2016
Awesome people, Challenging and fun work if you like solving problems and helping people, Room to stand out and advance.
Pros
Awsome peers, people, direct managers, compensation, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Corp direction not transparent.
Productive Fun place to work with great work life balance
Codeline QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  CranberyJuly 30, 2016
Great company to work for with exception employee benefits. I would highly recommend NetApp to future employees. I have allot of fun and challenging times while employed by NetApp.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Layoffs every year
Great opportunities to grow within company
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 7, 2016
Once you get in, they will offer you loads of training and opportunities to move up or around.
Site at Durham, NC is the best place. Great place to live in Raleigh, Cary and Chapel Hill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetApp. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2