NetApp Employee Reviews

A company bouncing back
Consultant - Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 18, 2017
NetApp's atmosphere is great, it's processes mostly have it's stuff together, and the people are mostly excellent. They fell on some hard times in the early 2010s, but they're recovering. They aren't as awesome as they were in their hay day, but they are still in the top 100 places to work in the nation.
Pros
telecommuting, good pay, laid back atmosphere
Cons
slow advancement, giant company bureaucracy
Remote worker
Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2017
I worked remote for all of my 17+ years at NetApp. It was a great place to work, with a positive work/life balance. Working remote as a contract was a great oppotunity, and previously as a field enginner, it provided exposure to many differe customers and environments.
Was once a great place to work
MANAGER, PRODUCT Marketing (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 9, 2017
Unfortunately, the storage industry is being commoditized and thus it is very hard to maintain a competitive advantage. NetApp will need to figure out how to differentiate using software.
Pros
Transparent management, nice offices
Cons
products are not competitive anymore
Stressful work
Member of Technical Staff, Development (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 3, 2017
Some of products working style could be fast paced due to the market demands, and being virtual storage team, once needs to be pretty quick in turning over features.
nice place to work
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 30, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Net App. It was a nice campus with a great kitchen for lunch. Everyone I worked with was pleasant and wouldn't mind going back
Well run company.
CONTRACT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 22, 2017
Pretty well run. Operational focus. Good at execution. Not enough permanent positions. Good at collaboration between departments. Some focus on employees like free bagels, coffee and fruit. Silicon Valley culture.
Pros
Decent compensation. Free bagels, Coffee and fruit.
Cons
Not enough hiring of permanent positions for amount of work.
Difficult life...
Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCAugust 10, 2017
Support Account Managers have it hard here. 24/7 for large install bases. Bad work life balance. Weekend and weekday nights are not you own. Even to take you child to soccer practice you have to have coverage and arrange it in advance.
Pros
Interesting technologies
Cons
Pay, work life balance.
Great growth and opportunity
Management (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 8, 2017
NetApp has a bright future. It is difficult though to work outside of the corporate hdqtr environment.
I liked the original team I came in under. it changed a lot over the years with Cloud coming into play. The Cloud efforts were tough to discuss but it is getting much better. I think it is going to be a leader in the industry.
Pros
Team dynamics, opportunity
Cons
tight budgets, scrutinizing every little action vs. the bigger picture was demeaning.
No review
Systems Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) –  AmericasAugust 7, 2017
Worked in the field, no office therefore no office perks just work work work as was the expectation. after second thought there was free parking in the garage that the company provided
Pros
Its a job not a career
Cons
sub par benefits, win at all cost mentality, little work-life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Programmer Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 4, 2017
Overall Co-op experience at NetApp is really enriching in many ways. I got a chance to put my skills learnt at college to use in real time development. NetApp had a very well "new hire orientation" that guides a new hire student to go through all the tutorials and take assessments for the first 3 months. Manager and team works closely with students and to help them gain technical knowledge. I've had lot of advantages after working at NetApp as I got exposure professionally.
It was once a great place to work.
Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 3, 2017
Management has been incredibly short-sighted. Their knee-jerk response to bumps in the road always seem to involve layoffs. Continual layoffs mean there aren't enough people to complete the work.
No comment
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 31, 2017
I worked as senior developer that wrote C++/python codes on SAN cluster services and network storage protocols. Also I provided tools such as python scripts which able to determine validation on updated device drivers and system software
good
SalesForce.com Developer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2017
working in that company gave me a great confidence.i learnt a lot by developing some of the tasks .i love that place.now i ca overcum any of the issues that gave me much confidence
AWS Cloud Admin (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 23, 2017
Great culture, fun place to work! A Very collaborative environment where managers empower employees to voice opinions and ideas at all times. Overall, I recommend!
Nice working
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 17, 2017
It was a pleasure to work with them. good environment. good team. big team and it team was so helpful. creative team. commute was good. learned a lot here
Nice work environment
Project Administrator (1099 Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 11, 2017
Management encouraged your creativity and your suggestions for improvements. No sure what the environment is now Little bit of politics. I was able to develop an on-boarding and off-boarding process for the dept. along with having the opportunity to analyze information and create reports etc. that were relevant to the organization. I had the opportunity to manage my departments moves, onboarding set ups etc RE: seat assignment, I tried to keep the folks that were onboarding that were were working on specific projects with other folks together with those other folks.
Great Place That Believes in Investing In People
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2017
NetApp was a great company as even when the market fell in 2008, they chose hire more presales and sales resources (to help grow revenue) vs. layoff field sales resources. Their strategy has proven out since they have held their own since then.
Pros
Great office and great place to work.
Cons
You have to come into the office everyday.
GREAT place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 19, 2017
NetApp was by far my favorite place to work these past 10 years. They are fair in pay and have a great team-oriented work culture. Fun activities to invite family and friends. Awesome food at cafe.
Pros
Onsite everything...gym, cafe, massage, haircut, car wash
Cons
My most recent manager was OK, but my first manager was GREAT
Great products and great, smart people.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 19, 2017
Great company and great products. The people are smart and the management team has the company on the right track. Pay and benefits are as solid as you will find.
Worked remote, the entire time with NetApp
Sr Field Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2017
Nice company culture, management understands and works with their people to provide an environment that is supportive and growth oriented. Training and solid experience are high priorities and you're never at a loss for options for learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetApp. Our community is ready to answer.