Netflix Employee Reviews

Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2017
I initially loved the culture of the company and the views they held on good customer service. I think the culture was lost a little with worrying about speed metrics over customer care. Very good training opportunity on the phones and learning how to deal with all sort of customers.
Pros
Some really solid managers/cs2, cheap food
Cons
hours
As unprofessional as it gets
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2017
This company is a joke. I was cornered and more or less pressured to quit due to a chronic illness. When it was promised I was eligible for rehire, I thought they would stick to it. Even though the previous experience was awful, I thought the pay would be worth going back to. I reapplied once I was in better health, and got a call. Not only did they not look at my resume, I had to explain to them I actually had worked there before. The recruiter then stopped asking questions and said "well then you know all of this already". Against better judgement, I believed him when he said I'd get a call back to set up an interview, they were excited at the prospect of having me back. It's been almost a month. Not a single call or email. THIS IS JUST THE HIRING PROCESS. It only gets worse once you get hired. The training is absolutely worthless. When I originally trained, they told us that the floor was totally different, and not to worry about what we learned in the classroom. Management played favorites. Gaining and losing advancement opportunities became personal. If anyone complained about a favored person or procedure, suddenly they were gone and "no longer a social fit for the company". They used harsh critique and peer pressure, warped the rules to keep or cut employees. Perks were slowly being removed and policies were being changed so often we couldn't keep up. When confronted about the lack of perks or incentive, management told us that getting paid should be enough. They don't care about their employees, but they also don't care about the customer. Half of the time we would send  more... the customer to another company, letting them go on a wild goose chase. The wording they encouraged was meant to be misleading. Problems with accounts or issues with our systems were sugar coated, and usually never corrected. Management also required that we didn't apologize to the customer, even when clearly it was our fault. Obviously this is long and there's even more issues- like the issues with pto and how it was impossible to use- but this is the kind of unprofessional and wildly biased environment you'll get. Honestly, this is one of the absolute worst companies I've ever worked for.  less
Pros
None whatsoever.
Cons
Pretty much all of it.
Lack of security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2017
Netflix is a fun place to work at first the longer you work for them the harder it gets. Management doesn't careally about previous achievements. One slip up and boom job is almost always torn away.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
No advancing, favaoritism, management.
Fast paced and challenging work
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great place to work if you want to continue to push yourself. Not for everyone, but can be very rewarding. Get to know people and how the company works. More context is better.
Run Away
Plant Maintenance and Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2017
Far away from working at this place. Nwetflix has a culture of fear and loathing. Unrealistic expectations on goals and i have no clue as to what, if any, manager trainee program they have but the way that they act reminds me of postal supervisors.
Pros
People that you work with other than management
fun work place
Sorter operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 13, 2017
Is a very fast-pace working company.I learn that the job is very hard if you dont pay attention to things.i had to help others with the sorters and help them clean there area.Help them prepare the are for the next person to come.
tldr: Netflix is awesome but isn't all it's cracked up to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at work was taking phone calls, helping customers troubleshoot their Netflix. I learned a lot working for Netflix, some supervisors were really awesome and wiling to help you learn more about different departments while others were more about you just doing your job instead of helping you develop. Netflix says they are all about the "culture," but what they preach is not everything you see when you actually start working there. A lot of what they say, doesn't actually happen. Which I get, sometimes it doesn't meet the business needs. But it shouldn't be promised if they are not going to go through with it. They were making some changes that were definitely going in the right direction which I was super excited to be a part of, but sadly because of some of their policies that they are just playing with in attendance area, I am no longer able to participate in. My favorite parts of the job was the people I got to work with and being able to dress and have my hair how I wanted. Though my number 1 favorite part was the chat department which they got "rid" of. It is one of the better call centers out there and one of the better companies I have worked for.
Pros
cafe, free fruit and coffee, awesome people, flexible lunches/breaks
Cons
not a lot of room for growth, wishy-washy promises
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTOctober 5, 2017
Great Place to Work, Best Call Center that I have worked at, awesome benefits and amazing people! Totally fun job, and global call center so you have an opportunity to talk to people all over the world
Pros
Fun Environment, Free Netflix, Great Pay
Breakfast everyday.
Telephone sales contact (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 27, 2017
A really great place to work. Management was very fair and not on your back all the time. If one had any issues they would be there to help you. It was a pleasure to work there. Netflix, is one place I would like to work, again.
Pros
Breakfast, good breaks.
Cons
No cons.
Amazing people, awesome culture, competitive pay/benefits
Technical Researcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2017
Netflix is an amazing culture to be a part of, and excellent choice of employment. I was with them for about 2 years, and can honestly say it is the best job I've ever had.

While the competitive pay and superb benefits were of course great, the passion, drive, creativity, innovation, transparency, and integrity of the Netflix-ians made it a remarkable experience
Best job I have ever had
Senior Systems Engineer, IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 25, 2017
I have worked for many companies in the course of my professional career. By far, Netflix was the best. Quality of people, Comp, etc, were excellent.
Pros
Free lunch, Free snacks
Cons
Non
fast paced, but laid back at the same time
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 22, 2017
they paid well, but being a call center they critiqued your calls. which is normal, but a lot of times they would tell you to change but wouldn't tell you what needed to be changed. sometimes very confusing on what you were expected to do.
good culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 21, 2017
There's a very relaxed environment with great work perks but management has very high expectations in making sure you provide the best possible experience for customers at all times. They're very open to giving you feedback on how you're doing well in addition to how you can improve and try to find ways to motivate you to do well. Theres no scripts when taking to customers and they encourage taking more like a person than a robot. Taking time off or scheduling can be very difficult for customer service reps.
Pros
breakroom, free breakfast and lunch, lots of catered events
Cons
lack of advancement, no flexibility in scheduling, taking time off is difficult
Fun, productive, fast-paced and always on the move.
Content Ops Contractor/Metadata (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
I was a temp/contractor foe six months. Excellent pay and great flexibility. Free catered breakfast and lunches.

The downside is the high turnover. Although not as bad as previously, it can have you walking on eggshells. I watched some new employees struggle to get up to speed with the constantly-changing environment.

Another good thing is the training. They explain what's expected of you with demos, slides, and hands on. Coworkers are very friendly/helpful.

The hardest part of the job was feeling like if you weren't performing like a rock star, that you would be let go.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch.
Cons
Very competitive, things constantly changing.
Fun work place with TV's every where
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 13, 2017
Netflix was a awesome place to work at. You got to help so many people with there problems and make them happy. The employees and managers were very easy to work with. We also had TV's every where and a awesome break room to eat and relax
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
very stressful
Operations Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJSeptember 9, 2017
we worked when the mail carriers work.
did not have any paid vacation
we worked from 3 am to the mail was done , sometimes until 8 pm
but they did give you free Netflix .
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 7, 2017
Advancement is very rare. It can be cut throat. Your experience can vary because each manager is different. If you're great at your job exceptions will be made otherwise, you may get fired.
pays well and fun gig
Customer Service Rep/Call Center (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 31, 2017
Great well paying job for temporary
would recommend to anyone looking for a decent temp job with good pay. and good opportunity to network and meet people in the company.
Pros
teaches great customer service, great pay
Cons
was hard to fluctuate schedules. long distance for me
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 31, 2017
netflix came through at a time when i was in need of something clutch and it provided me with something that I would be able to maintain for the time being. Due to my site being shut down I'm unemployed but its still gucci within netflix with me
Pros
great environment
Cons
scheduling
peaceful environment
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 30, 2017
love the work hours peaceful work environment great co-workers awesome pay plus benefits great supervisors always willing to work with you when your in need of help.