Netflix Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and knowledgeable
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 22, 2016
learned how they operate their system.
worked from home
made own hours
deadlines were manageable
boss was fantastic
best job experience ever
I liked the work but the job was stressful due to alot of layoffs.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed listening to music while I worked on the machines. When I first started working there it was fun people were tired but for the most part happy. Shortly after I was hired they started laying off and firing most of the employees. They also kept changing and getting rid of supervisors and managers. It was also very difficult to progress even though they said there was room for growth.
tv on while working and some music playing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 23, 2016
Working here made me have a sense of family, we had weekly team meetings to go over work related things but also to make sure everybody is doing well in and outside of work.
Productive and got the job done in a timely manner.
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 3, 2016
Worked the shipping and receiving office. Hours 9 am to 5:30. Unloaded daily deliveries of all DVD'S. Then the second half of the day I shipped out the Netflix swag for all 55 Hubs ( shirts to hats etc)
enter all shipment into a excel spreadsheet and sent daily tracking numbers to the managers. Once delivered enter the
data and tracking into a spreadsheet that was sent out weekly. Also took care of all the in house mail coming into the hub. We worked as a team always open discussions together. Loved the company.
Pros
Ping pong at lunch and breaks.
Cons
Laid off
Summary
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 21, 2016
Provide exceptional customer service and problem solving by responding to all inbound calls, assist customers with new and existing accounts, website navigation, and account billing. Be an active listener who can show empathy and patience. Work in a fast paced, high volume, changing, and non-scripted environment while learning and strives to gain new knowledge about product and service changes.
Build and Release Engineer
Build and Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 3, 2016
Made recommendations on specific aspects of Build and Deployment and overall release process. Created Environments, Troubleshooted Build and deployments on Windows/Unix. Edited Maven mirror settings in m2/settings.xml to configure Maven to have Nexus as a repository.Knowledge in J2EE/.NET build/packaging, good communication skill, experience of working between offshore/onshore. Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
contract job
contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAApril 18, 2016
I worked 2 years as a contractor for Netflix. The first year in a qa group that worked i a very autonomous way and were there was a very good work envirenment.

The second year I worked in a group that was part of a larger organization. The QA team was treated as a necessary evil, and was expected to just do as they are told.
Principle Role
Union Actor (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 15, 2016
It was a great first experience as an actor to have a spreaking role on a great show. Working with Kevin Spacey was informative and inspiring. Continuing on the show for two seasons as featured background helped me get more work in the industry
productive andfun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 13, 2016
Enjoy working with this company, if it wasn't due to the travel distance I would not want to leave. Employees are fun, nice hr dept is very understanding and will due what they can for you
Decent Job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2016
Decent job, just no real management. They couldn't feel out the day with productive things to do, so at times you find yourself doing things you wouldn't normally do just to fill out 5-7 hours a day.
Pros
work schedule was accomadting
Cons
Managment had no real idea what they were doing
Odd Shift
Mail Inspector/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2016
This was one of the coolest jobs I have ever worked. The process of sending and receiving DVDs in the mail was cool. You will work hard, no slacking needed in this place.
This place is a joke!! They don't care about anyone.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 4, 2016
Being a route driver was one of the most thankless jobs here. If there is a storm, too bad keep going, those movies better be delivered on time no matter what!!!
They treat employees like garbage, no matter how long you work for them.
Poor management, I had 6 managers in the time I worked there.
Pros
Free company swag once in awhile
Cons
Expensive insurance, no breaks
Fun work enviroment.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2016
One of the best companies to work for. I really enjoyed working with the supervisor and the coworkers. The hours where great and the work was a joy.
Fun and productive
CSR Lead (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 18, 2016
I loved when I worked at Netflix even though I am used to the medical field but what I loved about Netflix was it's room for advancement and it's ever changing structure that they allowed us to be a part of.
Good Company
SUPERVISOR II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Early morning hours, complete automation, The hardest part of my job is working with people who don't want to work. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting off early on Fridays and not having to be back until 2:00 AM on Monday.
Pros
Great benefts
Cons
Horrible Schedule
fun place to work T.V and game consoles we can play on all day.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2016
very chilled laid back environment.I learn having more patients and leadership skills.love my co-workers.honestly its nothing hard about the job at all.most enjoyable part about the job is that management he hands on.
Cons
short breaks
Fun enviroment
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 6, 2016
Overall good work place just can be a little more balanced in being organized. The hardest part is dealing with customers that dont want to listen to the result in there problem to be fixed
Pros
ABLE TO HAVE POT LUCKS
Cons
CAN BE MORE ORGANIZED
best job ever
tech support (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 5, 2015
very strict attendance policy but its fairly easy going if you apply yourself, pretty much if you can hold a decent conversation with a stranger this is the job for you.
Pros
free netflix account
Cons
high turn over rate
very fast paced enviorment
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 3, 2015
A very good place to grow in experience as an individual. Learned more than I thought I could learn about working on Machinery at Netflix Inc.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
breaks were too short
They treated their employees very well
Technical Support and Account Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 1, 2015
The job and compensation was excellent, but the hours were long and it was a drain on the soul. It was fun to learn the infrastructure of how Netflix worked, but at the end of the day, it was an unsustainable amount of work.