Netflix Employee Reviews in United States

A horrible working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 22, 2012
Netflix treats their employees as completely disposable. They seem to constantly be looking for reasons to fire any and all of their employees, including supervisors. Supposedly, this sort of fear-driven culture, where working there a year is considered being a veteran (which is absurd), will give Netflix customers better service. I don't believe it does.

When call volume drops, employees get laid off. When call volume increases, massive numbers of people are hired and employees are sometimes forced to work overtime.

Everyone is temp-to-hire to make the firing of virtually all employees easier. Only senior management lasts at Netflix.
Pros
nice building, free fruit, nice pay, good benefits (for non-temps)
Cons
fear-driven work environment, no job security, massively large turnover.
Fun and knowledgeable
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 22, 2016
learned how they operate their system.
worked from home
made own hours
deadlines were manageable
boss was fantastic
best job experience ever
Very Rewarding....if you can handle it....
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMay 31, 2013
Managing a Netflix shipping hub is not for the weak of mind or body. It's a physically taxing, mentally demanding job that is so very, very worth it if you have the skills to do it. Netflix expects perfection, so if you have any doubts about your abilities, don't bother.

Netflix's culture is unlike anything I have ever seen. They promote freedom and responsibility and they mean it. You are 100% accountable for the performance of your location, and I love that. They are the world's biggest entertainment distributor in both streaming and physical media, but it's not so big that you can't sedn an email to or call up one of the directors of the company. Big operation, with a small town feel.
Pros
Rewarding, Great Compensation, great culture.
Cons
Work/life balance will suffer, but again, it's worth it for the experience and compensation.
All around cool place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 29, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. People, environment, pay, everything is great. very strict on attendance. and offers excellent benefits.
Fun and productive
CSR Lead (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 18, 2016
I loved when I worked at Netflix even though I am used to the medical field but what I loved about Netflix was it's room for advancement and it's ever changing structure that they allowed us to be a part of.
Principle Role
Union Actor (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 15, 2016
It was a great first experience as an actor to have a spreaking role on a great show. Working with Kevin Spacey was informative and inspiring. Continuing on the show for two seasons as featured background helped me get more work in the industry
fun place to work T.V and game consoles we can play on all day.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2016
very chilled laid back environment.I learn having more patients and leadership skills.love my co-workers.honestly its nothing hard about the job at all.most enjoyable part about the job is that management he hands on.
Cons
short breaks
productive andfun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 13, 2016
Enjoy working with this company, if it wasn't due to the travel distance I would not want to leave. Employees are fun, nice hr dept is very understanding and will due what they can for you
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 5, 2014
Netflix offers excellent benefits and pay, scheduling flexibility, and a great culture. I started out at a 40 Hour work week, but they were able to work with me to develop a customized schedule based on my school schedule. The best part about the job is being part of a company that cares about you personally. The worst part is probably just the job itself. Netflix is a really simple system, so you get calls from people who can't use computers for the most part. It can be stressful.
Pros
Benefits, scheduling, compensation
Cons
Call center
A fast paced environment, distributed dvds through the use of multiple sorting equipment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2013
A day at Netflix would include opening the mail, sorting, allocating and packaging of product. I learned how to be hands on as well as Manage a crew of up to 70 employees. Being an Asst. Manager taught me how to delegate, assign tasks and follow up after completion. My co-workers were the best group of people I ever had the privilege of working with. The job was very physically and emotionally demanding but the hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable areas would be the day to day aspects and the end results; knowing that we did what was needed to get the mail out the door in a timely manner to give the Customers the best service possible.
Pros
benefits, support and the pay rate was unbeatable.
Cons
the dvd side of the business was dwindling fast and many people were let go due to this.
NO vacation or holiday pay, weird hours. Discourage time off.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2012
Managment is very deceiving, takes weeks to get an answer out of them, IF you get an answer at all.
Co-workers don't really care about anyone but themselves. It's a very alienable shop. They don't encourage comraderie with co-workers, in fact, they prefer that you just come in, do your job, and don't really talk to anyone, especially shop talk.
The hardest part of the job is most people have split weekends, and God forbid if you request time off. They consider it the same as if you called in sick. They hold any little thing against you. permanently.
Managment has very high turnover.
The most enjoyable part of the job unfortunately is payday.
Cons
lousy benefits, no holiday pay or vacation pay, you basically pay for your own healthcare
Good Compensation but Performance Culture leaves everyone's job at risk
Customer Serfvice Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 20, 2012
The Netflix call center is a decent place to work but I was just there at the wrong time. Just after I was hired full-time as a temp employee, they instilled a hiring freeze meaning no one could be hired on by the company and get the promised benefits. Then I was given a new supervisor and we didn't mesh very well. After he fired me I learned that he himself was fired soon after.
Pros
free lunches when the call center is overloaded
Cons
micro-managed crs
Not for the feint of heart (Customer Service Rep)
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 21, 2014
Brutal environment, literally expected to not make a mistake in training or summarily terminated. Co workers just vanish, never to be seen again. Company presents a happy "we don't believe in numbers" image yet in 16 years of working in call centers have the most intensely metric driven performance I've yet to see. Only 5% of new hires are expected to last for a full year, I made it to nine months before landing a less insane job elsewhere. Also, the customers are easily the craziest, most belligerent social engineers I've ever dealt with. In short, it was a nightmare for me.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
i'd rather eat used cat litter than work there again
Great place to work for the right person
Global Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 9, 2015
Enjoyed my time. Great place to learn life skills. Really smart people who genuinely care about employees. At the time work/life balance was tough but seems to have gotten a lot better in that department.
Pros
Great people, Free Lunch, Great atmosphere
Cons
Flexibility
Good Company
SUPERVISOR II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Early morning hours, complete automation, The hardest part of my job is working with people who don't want to work. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting off early on Fridays and not having to be back until 2:00 AM on Monday.
Pros
Great benefts
Cons
Horrible Schedule
Great Co-Workers
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 27, 2014
Great Co-Workers, Good benefits, but had issues with management, they lie to you, tell you that you will get a pay raise or promotion, but they do not stay true to their word. I enjoyed working at this place, but once you get on managements nerves, they will lay you off and tell you the reason is that you do not know how to repair the machines, which I did and was one of the few people that would actually repair the machines. Another issue was breaks, sometimes they do their best to work you as long as possible without giving you a break, even so by breaking the law and having you work over four hours straight, which I have done multiple times. They also tell you that you can call for breaks, which they gave me the power and then they yell at you for calling breaks. If you ask for breaks, they usually say no despite you working 4 hours, which I have called for a break without permission a few times. The reason not getting a raise is because my attitude was supposely bad because I would ask for a break or ask about when I was getting the raise I was promised. Management has no idea and it was the worst management group I ever worked under, and it was mainly the head boss, the assistant manager was decent most of the time.
Pros
bonus 385 a week comp package, plus free subscription
Cons
never gives breaks, management not great
Customer Service Lead
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 25, 2014
Managed up to eight employees and provided training of all new Customer Service representatives. Responsible for data entry on all calls, work orders, starting & ending assignments and issues into a SQL database; supervised inventory weekly, monthly, and yearly.
Pros
i was a lead so i did my work plus i trained new employees, i love to train and help people with what i can
Cons
short breaks, graveyard shift, no room for growth, raise was never given
Netflix has a bold culture of innovation and highly compensates employees.
Senior Cloud Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 1, 2012
Netflix has a bold culture for innovation. It compensates at the top of the market imposes high performance standards.

It is currently facing some market pressures that it did not have before including negative press from the financial community, falling stock value and new well-funded and connected competitors.
Pros
high compensation, latest technology, leader in web scale database innovation
Cons
company profitability and valuation issues
Fun work enviroment.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2016
One of the best companies to work for. I really enjoyed working with the supervisor and the coworkers. The hours where great and the work was a joy.
Great and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 6, 2012
A typical day working here is helping customers and checking in delivery orders. Working here I learned how to make liquor orders and help customers better. Management was nix and very helpful and so was the coworkers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the rude customers. The most enjoyable part was laughin and talkin with the customers
Pros
free lunch everyday whatever i wanted
Cons
no healthcare or benefits