NetJets Employee Reviews in United States

Not a well oiled wheel
Flight center employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2016
No real work life balance. You are expected to put work before family and beliefs. The flight center is 24/7 so you could be thrown into any shift. No holidays. Many procedures are hap hazard and change constantly because they do not work. Employee satisfaction was never in the vision of the company. It could eventually improve, but as of now, it is not a stimulating environment.
Pros
Great Health insurance
Cons
no breaks, sitting for over 10 hours
Good Workplace
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2016
Good place to work. Helpful people all around. Work environment is pressure free. Management is governed by highly experienced people.
Would not recommend
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2016
Senior Management is out of touch with how the Operation works. Their answer to improve performance is to pass out beatings until things improve. Very stressful work environment. Groups within the organization are very siloed and cooperation between teams is scarce. Everyone is so focused on hitting their metrics and they don't care if their actions are detrimental to another groups area of concern. There is a severe lack of recognition of the hard work and effort that employees put into the company. Merit raises are less than the cost of living increases. Current company merit and compensation policies do not promote long term employment.
Cons
Unfair pay practices, merit raises vertually non-exsistant. Very stressful work environment.
Stay away
VP Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Leadership and good management are completely foreign concepts at this company. If you want growth, innovation and purpose in your life and career, stay away.
Cons
Horrible management and resulting culture.
Good Company
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 15, 2015
Good company overall, no room for full time work for myself. Gained alot of experience with inventory management and purchasing.
A great place to work, health benefits are fantastic and so are the co-workers.
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 4, 2015
Anonymity is upheld, Customers are well taken care of, management is very supporting to their workers and helps encourage growth within the company., etc.
Great place to work , received very valuable work experience and met some very interesting individuals.
Line Maintenance Regional Site Manager MDW (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2015
I would recommend employment at Net Jets. Fast pace environment , with constant challenges. Requires a team player mentality with the ability to interact with many departments to reach the same goals.
Great people in the company
Contract Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2015
I have been in many companies in my career. NetJets Management is definitely not concerned with the people that work in the company. In many departments, the turnover of people is excessively high. Essentially, the resounding theme is that there is no advancement opportunities nor does management recognize individuals for their performance. Company reviews of all employees pointed to these downfalls and management has made little attempts to rectify this situation. Trust between management at NetJets and the employees is the worst I have ever seen.
Was a great place until 2010 when everyone left
Regional Sales Manager, Charter Sales/Vendor Ops (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 13, 2014
Not sure how the environment is now. I was always surrounded by great people and the management was friendly and easy to work with. Once I transfered to a small satellite office in Los Angeles, the environment changed, it was quiet at times and fast paced others.
Pros
columbus facility was new back in 2000 and growing company
Cons
it is in columbus, oh - not for me.
Most exciting & interesting job ever, so much to learn.
Computer Training & Development (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2014
Typical Day
Pros, Always something new to learn, Always somebody to ask for help as needed, I loved being able to help, Learned a lot from being in aviation environment, Co-workers taught me so much.

Hardest part of job.
Cons, NetJets Inc grew quickly, Occasional misunderstandings /problems during major changes, Majority of employees friendly and polite, Very few coworkers offensive or abusive.

Pros, Exciting and challenging work, Loved almost every moment of job, Loved the training flights we got to go on sometimes, Great holiday celebrations and picnics, A chance to fly on some training flights, Good people, Flight simulator demo rides
Pros
exciting environment, free lunches and holiday parties; occasional passenger rides on training flights
Cons
occ. conflicts/jealousy aggravating, but short-term.
good place to work
Maintenance Planner & Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2014
Great place to work with good management. Not much more to tell.
Not a pleasant place to work.
Former long term employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2013
There is a reason NetJets has so many job openings, it's not because they are expanding, it's because people are quitting. They can't fill the open positions fast enough. An attorney and accountant run the show, so you're just a number. Disagree with anything you will be shamed and demoted or fired. Do what your told, even if it's unethical or wrong and you will be fine. Unions formed because of companies like this. Entire departments have quit in less than a year. So unless you're desperate you don't want to work at this once great company.
Pros
benefits, most frontline coworkers are awesome
Cons
upper management, treatment of employees, my way or the highway attitude.
Hard work, high demands, great boss
Sales Assistant - 2 Senior VP's of Sales (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 19, 2013
I loved working in a remote office vs. the corporate headquarters.

My boss put a lot of responsibility on me but he recognized by intelligence, initiative to take charge, and my ability to learn quickly.

He let me run the office and there was no micro-management. He empowered me to grow quickly and recognized me verbally and financially in bonuses and a five star out of five review first time out.

This was the ideal environment for my work style.
Pros
remote office, lots of rope to take charge and run the office
Cons
when boss retired; remote location was closed
Cool Product!
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioSeptember 21, 2013
The business of private jet aviation is exciting and rewarding. NetJets is the pioneer and leader of fractional jet ownership and they work very hard to remain on top.
Berkshire Hathaway Company
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 2, 2013
-Great place and good
-diverse
-benefits
-fun
-flexible
-routine
-business
Fun place to work
Communications & Database Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2013
Everyone is really nice and the environment is enjoyable. The workload can get overwhelming however, when you have a good team to work with, the work doesn't seem so bad.
Provide the best cusotmer service to the most VIP clients
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2013
Overall, the benefits are great, but the atmosphere could use a lot of work. You cannot move into a different department very easily unless you are a "favorite". The managers are untrained and do not foster and environment for employee growth and development. The evaluation of employees is completely unfair and skewed. Raises are almost non-existent.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
management is unfair and untrained
Great place to work in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Manager, Contract Administration (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2013
NetJets has seen many changes since I started there and all have been in the interest of improving the company. The one thing I have learned is to be flexible and how to easily adapt to change.
Pros
well known company with a great reputation.
Cons
location
A shell of what it once was
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2013
NetJets used to have a strong corporate culture with strong family values. It was a place that everyone was proud to say they were a part of. The decline has been rapid and sad to see. Employees are no longer valued and and treated like robots. There is no work life balance. The ability to provide service to the owners is no longer a priority or made possible due to the internal infrastructure. Under the current leadership, I would avoid this company at all costs!
Pros
none anymore
Cons
poor leadership, no work life balance, lack of focus
Avoid at all costs
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  ColumbusMarch 26, 2013
NetJets was once a great company, but it truly is a shell of what it once was. The environment is no longer a family friendly culture, it is an embarrassment and shame of how the culture and morale could have slid to such a low that not a week goes by that someone from NJ does not contact me about leaving and if I know of any new jobs. The entire reason why I left was due to the poor management and a view that people were nothing more than slaves or indentured servants. The company really had potential to be a great place to work for.
Pros
2005 - 2007
Cons
2008 - present