Netpique Employee Reviews

Exit Interview - Terrible Company - It's a dog
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2016
Terrible from management upward. Those targets are a joke. You won't make anywhere remotely close to that amount. A complete waste of time and effort. They give you "some materials", and you are supposed to go make a killing running into people's businesses. I'm from the industry, so I understand what's going on. If you aren't, you are wasting your time, and you'll only make a fool of yourself. They are happy to let you to do so, as well. You are a glorified electricity bill reader. I can not say enough bad things about the company and their managers. The employees are treated horribly. Don't get attached to anyone. They'll be gone the next week. It's all old people, and it's electricity tailored Amway sales.
Pros
Cons
High rate of turnover, terrible training, lack of information & communication
Great Place To Work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2017
I took this position a little under a year ago with NO sales experience at all. I had great training a full support from Management!!!

I can juggle this job and my family with ease.

It has been years since I made this kind of money and myself and family has benefited.
Pros
Great training and really great co workers, I make my own hours
Cons
I can have a lazy day very easy and my paycheck reflects it
Terrible place to work. Cheats you on commissions. Deceives customers.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2016
This place is terrible. They require that you knock on 50 doors a day. You will close a lot of deals initially and then when those customers start receiving their new bills, they will call you and complain that their bills are now higher than they were before. Netpique will not pay you the commissions that you are promised, you will only get about 20% of what you expect. You spend a lot of $ on gas and won't make enough money to cover it, but they don't care. They just want you to lock customers in to 2-year deals and they will hire more sales people to do the same after you quit or are let go.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management; lies to customers and employees
AWFUL. Poor uneducated mgmt
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2016
The hiring process is just like how they "train" you to sell door-to-door, fast and confusing. Promises of $22K base. NOT. Your check will be $680 for 2 weeks after taxes. You get gas cards as motivators. They go through so many people. Good sales people and bad ones get fired weekly. Only good thing is you're not in an office all day but you will go broke doing this and driving in your car. Poor management, too. The Dallas office is a mess. Very petty.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation.
Great experience
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2012
I have truley enjoyed working with the company. They offer room for advancement, and full training. Great team atmosphere in my office and fantastic managers. Looking forward to completing my tenure here and growing with the company
Pros
promote from within, stong leadership, no micro-managing, base pay +commissions
Cons
takes 90 days for benefits to kick in, can be a long commute to office depending on where you live
Have a good product to sell
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
Their customer is Reliant. To sell energy at this times when price of the barrel is down is very good. Management is trying t reach the targets through us without to much motivation, and this is not good. To much turnover. You don't get the help you need when is needed.
Pros
Schedule, Product
Cons
Management, Compensation
fun going door to door buisness to buisness
Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  ft lauderdale flJune 28, 2014
took tours around property , called owners sold more , I learned from the best how to sell it now sell it today by Pat Libby and one of the greatest trainers Bill Hall
Pros
money great training the best
Cons
no insurance or 401k
Commercial Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2016
Contractor for Reliant Energy Customer Retention team where we renew existing customer account energy agreements. The work at home opportunity was awesome.
Good coporate structure
Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
The middle management office is ran by people who are not qualified. Promotions are giving based upon favoritism and not by merit. The company has unrealistic goals for there markets. The coworkers for the most part are decent people but they don't qualify a lot of the people they recruit and get upset when the people can not produce in the manner they expected. The morning meeting is repetitive and redundant and not relevant to what the people really need to know. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be out with coworkers on the field, they make the day pass by easier.
Pros
good corporate structure
Cons
poor management, no consistancy
When your desparate for sales experience without a paycheck.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 15, 2015
Have a solid sales plan that works if you use it!
Grossly underpaid. You must hit 50 doors a day or fired.
21 Day rule from day of first sale, must make quota or fired.
Should have known something was wrong when my sales bonus was a $50 Amex. gift card.
I had signed contracts that had already been sent to corp for 6 weeks, then the manager decided he needed more commissions and said if I did not get more money for my contract ....
I was never paid any of my commissions!!! I had to buy a new phone, you pay own phone, transportation costs to territory, expenses, and they give you a paper print out ID and you fill in your info and your own phone number on business cards. Very unprofessional!
Pros
Great sales experience-- do or die.
Cons
You use your own phone, pay transportation, Contracts are not honored for customers or employees refuse to pay commissions.
If you really need something and cant find anything else.
Management (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreOctober 20, 2012
If you need a job to get you by until something better comes along then this may be it. However be prepared to attend morning meetings every day to be redundantly trained, whether you live close or far from the office, work in a field that is fiercely competitive, expected to produce quickly in that arena with little support from management and upper management. Turnover rate is very high and this is a contract based job which means no guarantees for you!
Pros
its a job with a lot of promises!
Cons
high turnover! looking for bodies not people!
Wonderful company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandApril 6, 2012
Netpique is a wonderful company with which to work. However, when working with them, you should keep in mind that they work on a contractual basis. Therefore, if the contract you are working on should come to an end, you could very likely be looking for a new job.
Pros
great company, outstanding upper management
Cons
contractual employment based
Great training ground in Sales and Marketing
Executive Sales Representative B2B (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2015
The training classes each morning be lead by the best in Sales taught everyone had to pull in numbers each day. Getting more assertive when a Prospect advises that they cannot afford the product. As well as other objectives. How to go around the obstacles for a successful day in the field.
Pros
A bonus was giving out at times as well as an American Express Card
Cons
n/a
Middle Management incompetent and running scared.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 2, 2012
Worked there for 6 months. Fired the entire sales staff without notice. In fact we were out in the field, the day we were fired. I found out after I closed a deal and was calling in for verification. I hate this company.
Cons
too many to list
short term position
Sales of deregulated Electric and Gas (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2014
you either make management if there are openings or are dismissed before you are eligible for unemployment on grounds of poor job performance. Guidelines can change weekly with management.
Run away
Executive Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHNovember 7, 2014
I was actually pretty successful at selling gas and electric. Made top producer list. I fell short of quota by 1 deal one month and they let me go. They then refused to pay any commission that was owed to me by them or Constellation Energy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fast paced work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2012
Excellent sales training. Management was always willing to listen and help. There is was always someone willing to help you close a sale.
50 doors per day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2015
I don't have a review. I've only worked there for a few months. A typical day is driving around town looking for the next little deal. Great place to work excellent training program.
Pros
50 Doors per day
Cons
Your feet get wet in the winter.
Worst company of all time
worked in Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLApril 3, 2014
Do not accept a job here, you will lose your job within 3 months or you will quit. Pay terrible, no support, commissions are tiny, gas and wear and tear on your car is bad.
Pros
last resort
Cons
its all bad
contract sales job for Constellation Energy
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2013
I enjoy the people I work with and Constellation offers the best and most fair Energy plans in the market.
Pros
good commision structure
Cons
lack of dependability in a highly saturated market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Netpique. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8