Netpique Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2017
I took this position a little under a year ago with NO sales experience at all. I had great training a full support from Management!!!

I can juggle this job and my family with ease.

It has been years since I made this kind of money and myself and family has benefited.
Pros
Great training and really great co workers, I make my own hours
Cons
I can have a lazy day very easy and my paycheck reflects it
Exit Interview - Terrible Company - It's a dog
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2016
Terrible from management upward. Those targets are a joke. You won't make anywhere remotely close to that amount. A complete waste of time and effort. They give you "some materials", and you are supposed to go make a killing running into people's businesses. I'm from the industry, so I understand what's going on. If you aren't, you are wasting your time, and you'll only make a fool of yourself. They are happy to let you to do so, as well. You are a glorified electricity bill reader. I can not say enough bad things about the company and their managers. The employees are treated horribly. Don't get attached to anyone. They'll be gone the next week. It's all old people, and it's electricity tailored Amway sales.
Pros
Cons
High rate of turnover, terrible training, lack of information & communication
Terrible place to work. Cheats you on commissions. Deceives customers.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2016
This place is terrible. They require that you knock on 50 doors a day. You will close a lot of deals initially and then when those customers start receiving their new bills, they will call you and complain that their bills are now higher than they were before. Netpique will not pay you the commissions that you are promised, you will only get about 20% of what you expect. You spend a lot of $ on gas and won't make enough money to cover it, but they don't care. They just want you to lock customers in to 2-year deals and they will hire more sales people to do the same after you quit or are let go.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management; lies to customers and employees
Interesting
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2016
This job required business to business sales of electricity. I was doing about 20 to 25 business contacts a day only to find out that there were far more competitors than I had ever imagined. we were required to get at least 5 accounts a week which was really not a problem but, some weeks you couldn't always get them to sign at the time because they would want to shop you. If you didn't get the 5 then you would have to drive back to Richardson at 5pm in the after noon to go through retraining on something you already knew, which was a bit much. This was an independent job and the only time you saw your co-workers was in the morning. The hardest part of the job was getting the deal and, the best part of the job was closing the deal.
Pros
commission
Cons
working in the heat everyday.
Commercial Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2016
Contractor for Reliant Energy Customer Retention team where we renew existing customer account energy agreements. The work at home opportunity was awesome.
AWFUL. Poor uneducated mgmt
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2016
The hiring process is just like how they "train" you to sell door-to-door, fast and confusing. Promises of $22K base. NOT. Your check will be $680 for 2 weeks after taxes. You get gas cards as motivators. They go through so many people. Good sales people and bad ones get fired weekly. Only good thing is you're not in an office all day but you will go broke doing this and driving in your car. Poor management, too. The Dallas office is a mess. Very petty.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation.
When your desparate for sales experience without a paycheck.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 15, 2015
Have a solid sales plan that works if you use it!
Grossly underpaid. You must hit 50 doors a day or fired.
21 Day rule from day of first sale, must make quota or fired.
Should have known something was wrong when my sales bonus was a $50 Amex. gift card.
I had signed contracts that had already been sent to corp for 6 weeks, then the manager decided he needed more commissions and said if I did not get more money for my contract ....
I was never paid any of my commissions!!! I had to buy a new phone, you pay own phone, transportation costs to territory, expenses, and they give you a paper print out ID and you fill in your info and your own phone number on business cards. Very unprofessional!
Pros
Great sales experience-- do or die.
Cons
You use your own phone, pay transportation, Contracts are not honored for customers or employees refuse to pay commissions.
Great training ground in Sales and Marketing
Executive Sales Representative B2B (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2015
The training classes each morning be lead by the best in Sales taught everyone had to pull in numbers each day. Getting more assertive when a Prospect advises that they cannot afford the product. As well as other objectives. How to go around the obstacles for a successful day in the field.
Pros
A bonus was giving out at times as well as an American Express Card
Cons
n/a
Have a good product to sell
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
Their customer is Reliant. To sell energy at this times when price of the barrel is down is very good. Management is trying t reach the targets through us without to much motivation, and this is not good. To much turnover. You don't get the help you need when is needed.
Pros
Schedule, Product
Cons
Management, Compensation
50 doors per day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2015
I don't have a review. I've only worked there for a few months. A typical day is driving around town looking for the next little deal. Great place to work excellent training program.
Pros
50 Doors per day
Cons
Your feet get wet in the winter.
Run away
Executive Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHNovember 7, 2014
I was actually pretty successful at selling gas and electric. Made top producer list. I fell short of quota by 1 deal one month and they let me go. They then refused to pay any commission that was owed to me by them or Constellation Energy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and energetic work place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2014
Good team work. Friendly and supportive atmosphere.
Plenty of rewards and achievement bonuses.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Not always consistent in hew hires
fun going door to door buisness to buisness
Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  ft lauderdale flJune 28, 2014
took tours around property , called owners sold more , I learned from the best how to sell it now sell it today by Pat Libby and one of the greatest trainers Bill Hall
Pros
money great training the best
Cons
no insurance or 401k
Worst company of all time
worked in Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLApril 3, 2014
Do not accept a job here, you will lose your job within 3 months or you will quit. Pay terrible, no support, commissions are tiny, gas and wear and tear on your car is bad.
Pros
last resort
Cons
its all bad
short term position
Sales of deregulated Electric and Gas (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2014
you either make management if there are openings or are dismissed before you are eligible for unemployment on grounds of poor job performance. Guidelines can change weekly with management.
contract sales job for Constellation Energy
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2013
I enjoy the people I work with and Constellation offers the best and most fair Energy plans in the market.
Pros
good commision structure
Cons
lack of dependability in a highly saturated market.
Commercial Sales Agent for Reliant Energy (Current Employee) –  DallasDecember 6, 2013
Commercial Sales for Reliant

Morning conference call
Team meetings twice a week
Tons of cold calling
Bill analysis
Closing accounts
Reporting numbers
Exciting, competitive results orientated atmosphere. Quota driven environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
I expanded my customer service skills and my sales techniques and I learned what meeting quotas and deadlined entails. There were ling hours, but I am use to it..
Lack future company vision growth
Energy Consultant - Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2013
Hire a outside consultant to review the growth of the sister company.
Pros
Monday to Friday work schedule.
Cons
Lack Team Base Organization
awsome
Business to Business outside sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2013
I had a great time working there and was really sad to leave..... You never know what to expect it changed everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Netpique. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8