Netsmart Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work and work on different technologies.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 16, 2016
Good place to work and learn new technologies.
Interact with clients.
Developed new applications using various technologies.
fast growth.
lot of Benefits.
allow work from home.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
deadlines
Over worked under paid
Solutions Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 26, 2015
They will tell you there is no training and they are correct! You learn as best you can and the Client suffers. Way under staffed. Promise bonus and never got it. Only plus is health insurance day one and pretty good PTO because you will need both working here. I am trying hard to get out and I have only been here just over 3 months as of today
Pros
Insurance day one
Cons
No training, under staffed and massive workload!
Netsmart Review
Engagement Leader, Consulting (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 29, 2015
Dealing with the behavioral healthcare space is admirable. This is a part of healthcare that does not get the attention it requires. Netsmart provides this necessary service with the hopes to help people that suffer from mental and behavioral issues.
Netsmart as a company, is not managed in a clear cut and effective manner; most of the business decisions are not welcomed very well by the employees, who for the most part are overworked and under paid. And the only real promotions come to those working in the Kansas office; so anyone working in any other office would most likely not see any promotions during their employment term.
The work life balance is good - you can work from home or the office any given day; and the overall benefits are really good for people with families.
Good Company
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
Netsmart was a good company to work for. The benefits and compensation was awesome. However, the program in which I was involved with is relatively new and has some management issues that need ironing out.
Stay Away - Disorganized
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 8, 2015
I would stay away. They are basically a mini Cerner only more disorganized. I was hired to do one thing but ended up doing something completely different. I was told 401k match was 10% but they never ended up matching anything.

My boss had 30 people reporting to him and he worked in Ohio. I saw him once.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Bad pay, disorganized
Fun and Relaxed
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 8, 2015
Very laid back and relaxed atmosphere. Enjoyed my time working there. I very much enjoyed interacting with our clients. There was really nothing hard about my job. I was the office support for several managers.
Good Company
Technical Lead / Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 24, 2015
It's a very flexible place to work, but the pay is stagnant. The culture is great. There are a lot of enthusiastic young people that are motivated. Management is good, no micromanaging.
Trouble shooting
Billing Software Technician (Current Employee) –  Remote AssociateMay 29, 2013
A typical day would be to review the oldest cases in the queue and attempt to re-create the issue. Once re-created, I need to write up documentation for our development team.

We have a great team that works well together and we help each other achieve our goals.
Pros
my manager understands family comes first.
Cons
advancement is slow.
Have good benefits.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 16, 2013
Netsmart made me a fantastic offer and then 3 months into my position decided to quadruple my commission quota that directly effected my bonus payout.
Pros
have excellent headquarters in ks.
Cons
tendency to change compensation plans that has occured to multiple individuals.
A great bunch of people to work for
Avatar PM Billing Solution Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Great River, NYMarch 24, 2013
This is a great place to work and the people are great. They are very willing to help when they are able and they like to promote from within.
Myopic
employee (Former Employee) –  remoteApril 2, 2014
Worked with some super people along the way in my department. Upper management, however, can't see beyond the next quarter - placing profits above both clients and employees.
productive working environment
SQA ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 14, 2013
A very busy office, colleagues very professional. The projects were interesting and thought provoking. Never a boring day!
Needed Structure
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 19, 2013
Much needed structure and better investment in employees and resources
If every day really matters to you, think twice before you spend it here
Employee (Former Employee) –  NetsmartFebruary 26, 2015
I worked for Netsmart for several years. This could be a good place to work, but the corporate culture creates an atmosphere where management by fear and intimidation is the norm.

Here's some of the things to look out for:

Disorganized, and sometimes abusive. Managers have been known to shout or call out employees at meetings.
Very high turnover rate - people either quit, or are fired on an almost daily basis.
Overtime is expected.
Compensation is below average. Bonuses and monetary incentives are a rare beast.
A good amount of product code is written in a language that has little use outside of the company.
Too many products that either sound or function the same way. Lots of bloatware.
Tuition reimbursement is a rare beast. Difficult to get promoted or move laterally.
Plenty of time spent pushing the company brand, very little educating its employees.
Strong disconnect between what the company says it does for mental health and how its employees are treated.
Pros
good job to get started in software or learn medical practice management processes, the market for health management software is growing rapidly, lots of good people there, lots of good minds, if this is your first job out of school you can learn a lot.
Cons
little communication with the regular employees, less than adequate training, little opportunities for employees to learn products they are working on, other companies pay more, other companies offer better chances to learn and give you a work-life balance, the company spends a lot of time self-promoting, they need to figure out problems instead of rushing to fix things after they've broken