NetSpend Employee Reviews

Bad managers
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2016
This company is horrible to work for, training is horrible, work hours are 12 to 14 hours no complaining. Unprofessional. No balance for work life. Management is all over the place with policies and guidelines.
Pros
You eat food alot.
Cons
Managmemt is the worse on all levels, One trainer and hes knowledgeable but unprofessional in everyway
Great place to start your career.
Fraud Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2016
Even though it is a call center environment, it is one of a relaxed and casual environment that rewards dedication and hard work.
Pros
Wide variety of people, Free Drinks/Cheap Snacks, Competitive Pay
Cons
As any beginning job, one may find it difficult to break through to management or higher tiered positions.
Very collaborative workplace
Vice President, Customer Support Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2016
Started well, ended as a bureaucratic nightmare. Too many bosses and not enough workers. It was a great startup that ended up being owned by a very restrictive corporate organization.
Pros
Very Open atmosphere
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
Awful
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. It is super ghetto and the call center looks like a Nike sweat shop in the Philippines.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good opportunity
Senior Acquisition Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 27, 2016
Good opportunity. Collaborative, and Very Data Analytics Focused.

Company that embraces technology in the marketing digital age.
good work experience
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2016
it was a good introduction in the industry. you have to take initiative. very independent mindset is required.
my coworkers were very friendly and helpful.
lots of small groups, very hard to get into. lots of clicks.
Pros
location
Cons
work life balance, management oversight
Great Place to work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
Friendly people, intelligent people, free Keurig Coffee, snacks, and soft drink. I a nice building in Dunwoody, GA, free parking, people are helpful and responsive, free workout room with free weights and machines. Working alongside of colleagues and learning from them is the most enjoyable. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Cons
none so far
Great office environment clean and friendly co-workers.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin TXSeptember 2, 2015
It is a great place to work the company offers a lot of incentives for the employees. However, no growth for me with the skills I have in the medical field.
Pros
employee of the month free lunch
Cons
flexible work hours
Great place to work and lots of opportunity
Held multiple positions (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work and lots of opportunity. Great team and people environment. Only one downside: pay is a little lower than other similar positions at other companies. Not majorly lower, but still worth a mention.
Fast paced & fun place to work
Document Review Analyst - Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2015
Netspend is a prepaid credit card company. We work with several outside partners to provide self banking to individuals.
Collaborative Work environment with work/life balance.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2015
We collectively share new ideas to solve problems that inevitabley crop up as the company grows and demands change. Company bonuses yearly.
Pros
2 Company parties a month, FREE Coffee, Soda, Juice, 25 days off a month
Cons
Pay cut 1k a month when converted from Contract to employee.
Fun culture but slow moving
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
the company works to make things fun by offering different types of in-office events. The culture is lax and can be fun. The downside is the lack of career path within the divisions of the company. People have to either move divisions or change their career path in order to advance.
Not the place to work if you can't handle medium/ high stress and the call center atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Let me start by saying that I didn't want another call center job when I started working here but I was out of work for a little over a year and took what came my way. I've worked for this company for almost a year now and at first it was an acceptable work option with potential for possible quick advancement. They only hire for my department from tem agencies. After being a temp for 3 months I became a perm employee and that is around the time things started to change and I started to see that this may not be the best place to work for me. I am anemic and don't like to be too cold it causes all kinds of problems for me. Well one of them is the loss of my voice. Since this is a call center if you can't speak you can't work. I was sent home early due to not being able to work. I didn't return to work another day after going to the doctor and being advised that I had a sinus infection. I brought a doctor's note to get my absence excused but still got the attendance point. I was told that the absence would not negatively affect me but it did. A few months later I ended up having more issues with my health and missed two more days of work and I brought another doctor's note and was told again that it wouldn't affect me. I ended up on a verbal warning for attendance that I wasn't even told about until 6 months later when the point started to roll off. I started to get super stressed out behind all of this and had an anxiety attack at work. Instead of showing concern for my well being I was told that I might need to find another job if this job was causing me stress. My supervisor  more... is almost never there so when rules change my team is always the last to know. We don't get our weekly one on ones. They picked me to permanently be on a special project where I have to do extra work outside what I was hired to do but I'm not getting paid any more money which is unfair since the bilingual reps get paid more for more work. there is no protection from verbal attacks/ threats from the callers. We were told in training that we could transfer those calls to a supervisor because we don't have to be spoken to that way. They hired a supervisor for outside the company and she told all of the leads that they don't need to take any calls from the reps unless the customer request a supervisor. I get cursed at all day every day. I've had customers tell me that they hope I personally die in a fire or that someone steals my personal funds and nothing ever happened to protect us. You would need to have a very thick skin in order to work for this company, but if you enjoy being treated like a person I wouldn't recommend this job. I'm still there because I have bills to pay but as soon as I get another job I'm getting out of there and not looking back. I'm sure I would like this job more if I'd gotten into another department instead of pay card.  less
Pros
free sodas
Cons
everything else
Oppurtunities, but should have better trained employees.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 13, 2014
This is a call center. People learn about financial transactions, but are not given the chance to become specialists at online credit card banking. There is a lot more potential to get better educated employees that have the ability to explain transactions better to economically/educationally disadvantage populations. If one of the oat successful companies in the world hire for similar jobs in a call center that pays slightly more and offers a broader range of activities and responsibilities for a job, Netspend can give up their Draconian pre qualification tests that do nothing to indicate a potential employee's reliability or trustworthiness. It's downtown, so it's a great place to work and have more cultural and educational opportunities.
Pros
Stable, good insurance
Cons
The mantra that the customer is always right, even when they're cursing and making threats, needs to be changed to a partnership of better respect and communication
Great Place to Work
Corporate Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Love to work here. Every new day is different than the previous day. Employees and management are very people centered and kind.
Productive fun work place with free sodas
Document Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Job is easy not hard at all
learned call center terminology
Managment is good
Co- workers are fun
hardest part of the job is just showing up
most enjoyable thing about the job is the overtime
Pros
Free lunches, sodas
Cons
Strict metrics
Poor Communication from top
smartOne Prepaid, Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Decent enough they seem to care about their customer base, change management strategy is quite poor.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2014
I helped customer with their banking information. I took incoming calls regarding there checking accounts reviewed all information such as pending direct deposit and went over transactions. I also disputed charges that customer stated were fraud and not made by the customer. I helped customer with online banking by signing up and walking through any online processes.
Love helping them grow
Marketing and Promotions (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2013
I market them using social media and search engines. I was an independent contractor.
White collar sweatshop
CORRESPONDENCE AND OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Austin TXAugust 31, 2013
Draconian policies and low pay. Don't bother. They will exploit you and not even offer a competitive salary.

The benefits were the worst I'd ever been offered in the last 20 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetSpend. Our community is ready to answer.