NetSuite Employee Reviews in United States

No such thing as work/life balance
Project Manager, Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
NetSuite still has the feel of a startup even though it has not been one in quite some time. The lack of consistency even within the verticals is disheartening. They say that they offer "unlimited PTO" or vacation but you still have to meet your utilization numbers and that time you've taken off, be vacation or a medical LOA is counted against you because it is not accounted for in the calculation and makes it appear that you are not working enough. When my boss left the company, I sought out assistance as his approach was different from that of the PMO and his direction was what we were to follow. Asking for this help was used against me, stating that I did not understand my job duties and I was directed to use a website for additional information that is consistently inaccurate and in many areas obsolete. There is little clear sense of direction for this company and the turn-a-round numbers prove that.
Pros
Social events
Cons
Clear expectation that this is not a job with work/life balance
Great place to retire
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 3, 2016
The engineering culture at NetSuite is incredibly antiquidated. That wouldn't be a problem, given how intelligent the engineering base is especially given the various bleeding-edge ERP companies that NetSuite has acquired over the years. However, for the sake of austerity, the company is adamantly against innovation. While the C-Suite flaunts catchy terminology like 'surging', 'seizing the hill', 'best-in-cloud' and 'owning the tranasction', that is all lost by middle management.

Middle management is amateur, often compared to trying to discipline a third-grader.

While there, I learned an incredibly deal about how ERP works. However, every lesson regarding how we could do better came with a disclaimer: middle management would never allow it.

Individual interations between peers are always pleasant, but as soon as 4 or more persons were meeting productive sank and stonewalling rose.

For a perk, I was given the opportunity to travel to Brno, Czech Republic twice.
Pros
Free softdrinks
Cons
Great place for careers to die
Senior management misalignment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 20, 2015
Senior management was not aligned on goals and performance metrics. Use of internal products is an impediment to producing growth objectives.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
lack of teamwork
Good company but too much politics to stayed with your job
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
NetSuite is really good company and nice employees work around but when it comes to IT all you see is politics.

Mgmt doesn't see right things.
Working at a fun tech company, in the Bay Area, that is growing fast
NetSuite Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2015
10.13.2015

After having done some Consulting work on the Netsuite platform, I am now ready to go back to a F/T, Assistant Controller or similar position.

A fast-paced environment, where people work hard and respect each other, yet have fun outside of their jobs. In this day and age of social media, a Social Office would be attractive to me.

My skills are particularly good in Accounting, ERP systems, managing and manipulating large sets of data and numbers, being organized with the details yet always keeping an eye on the bigger objectives of the job and the Company.
Pros
Short commute, friendly work place, ping pong table, lunches
Cons
Inflexible work hours and schedules, non-communicative workers
Very nice environment and working place.
eCommerce Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 9, 2014
I Created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Defect Reports, and attended Weekly status meetings, Walkthrough meetings, QA Meetings, and Bug Review Meetings
Performed Functional Testing, Regression testing, Smoke Testing and UAT testing. Written automation scripts for Regression test cases and executed using Soap UI and RestFul Services. All of my management and team members were co-operative and well communicate.