NetSuite Employee Reviews

Great environment
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 23, 2017
NetSuite was a very warm and welcoming place. It was driven by positive attitudes and a thriving culture among staff. Management was very flexible and always on point with policy.
NetSuite from the inside
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 20, 2017
Fantastic organization that rewarded individual achievement in a team setting. Also a fantastic culture that hired the best of the best. I feel much will change. after being acquired by Oracle.
Pros
Culture, great people, individual achievement focus
Cons
Oracle
Mostly Good
Project Manager - Software Vertical (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2017
Jury's still out with Oracle acquisition. NetSuite is a fun place to work. If you are interested in learning or getting better at what you do, this is a great place to do that.
Pros
Education
Cons
Remote locations don't allow for collaboration.
NetSuite
Software Sales Recruiter/Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2017
I wish Oracle would have converted me over full time. I was excited about the acquisition. I would have loved to be a full time employee with Oracle. I would like a future opportunity.
Fun place
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Very relaxed environment. Learned to use the software within weeks. The work is interesting to do. I work from home many days of the week.
Good company
SENIOR MANAGER – PROFESSIONAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2017
Good company. Going through growing pains. Oracle acquisition will be interesting. Some very talented people. Hard working team.
Good company
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  San MateoJanuary 5, 2017
Good people, good culture, and overall very smart management. Was an interesting place to work for. Also, a dynamic environment.
Excellent company to work for.
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2016
The management was extremely supportive and interested in your opinions. The work was enjoyable and the co-workers worked well together as a team. Work life balance is wonderful.
Pros
Vacation Time, Free Drinks, Jeans
Used to be great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2016
Great place to start you career things are changing a lot of management and colleagues are leaving. Culture has shifted.
Mixed Bag, Folks
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 18, 2016
I'm still not sure what I think of this company. I liked most of my co-workers very much, but there is a definite attitude bias. Managers and co-workers sometimes lack respectful communication. NetSuite is growing fast, so get on-board that the train if you want a ride on the bullet train. Looks like they may not be gobbled up by Oracle after all. Also keep in mind that a good deed never goes unpunished here.

Compensation is all over the map, so be careful with negotiations.
Pros
Telecommute Options
Cons
Disrespectful co-workers, do not do what they say they will do, you might have to ramp on your own in some departments and nobody wants to help with that
N/a
Human Resources Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 5, 2016
It's a fast paced environment and things are always constantly changing. The people who work for the company are very talented and very friendly. A little downside would be the communication culture that needs to be improved on.
No such thing as work/life balance
Project Manager, Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
NetSuite still has the feel of a startup even though it has not been one in quite some time. The lack of consistency even within the verticals is disheartening. They say that they offer "unlimited PTO" or vacation but you still have to meet your utilization numbers and that time you've taken off, be vacation or a medical LOA is counted against you because it is not accounted for in the calculation and makes it appear that you are not working enough. When my boss left the company, I sought out assistance as his approach was different from that of the PMO and his direction was what we were to follow. Asking for this help was used against me, stating that I did not understand my job duties and I was directed to use a website for additional information that is consistently inaccurate and in many areas obsolete. There is little clear sense of direction for this company and the turn-a-round numbers prove that.
Pros
Social events
Cons
Clear expectation that this is not a job with work/life balance
Great place to retire
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 3, 2016
The engineering culture at NetSuite is incredibly antiquidated. That wouldn't be a problem, given how intelligent the engineering base is especially given the various bleeding-edge ERP companies that NetSuite has acquired over the years. However, for the sake of austerity, the company is adamantly against innovation. While the C-Suite flaunts catchy terminology like 'surging', 'seizing the hill', 'best-in-cloud' and 'owning the tranasction', that is all lost by middle management.

Middle management is amateur, often compared to trying to discipline a third-grader.

While there, I learned an incredibly deal about how ERP works. However, every lesson regarding how we could do better came with a disclaimer: middle management would never allow it.

Individual interations between peers are always pleasant, but as soon as 4 or more persons were meeting productive sank and stonewalling rose.

For a perk, I was given the opportunity to travel to Brno, Czech Republic twice.
Pros
Free softdrinks
Cons
Great place for careers to die
Senior management misalignment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 20, 2015
Senior management was not aligned on goals and performance metrics. Use of internal products is an impediment to producing growth objectives.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
lack of teamwork
Good company but too much politics to stayed with your job
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
NetSuite is really good company and nice employees work around but when it comes to IT all you see is politics.

Mgmt doesn't see right things.
Working at a fun tech company, in the Bay Area, that is growing fast
NetSuite Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2015
10.13.2015

After having done some Consulting work on the Netsuite platform, I am now ready to go back to a F/T, Assistant Controller or similar position.

A fast-paced environment, where people work hard and respect each other, yet have fun outside of their jobs. In this day and age of social media, a Social Office would be attractive to me.

My skills are particularly good in Accounting, ERP systems, managing and manipulating large sets of data and numbers, being organized with the details yet always keeping an eye on the bigger objectives of the job and the Company.
Pros
Short commute, friendly work place, ping pong table, lunches
Cons
Inflexible work hours and schedules, non-communicative workers
Productive Working Environment
Platinum Tech Support Engineer / SME 5 years (Former Employee) –  Manila, ARJune 30, 2015
• Troubleshooting and solving web/cloud based technical issues and technical error messages through establish methods and procedures via phone or email
• Providing demonstrations to clients on the correct processes of Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions/applications like OpenAir, integrations with SalesForce, QuickArrow, QuickBooks, NetSuite and other third party applications
• Supporting customer live via phone, WebEx, and email on a timely manner assuring first contact resolution (FCR) as much as possible
• Answering How-Do-I questions and on the usage of the application for application Administrators and end users to ensure correct usage and avoiding issues that may arise in the future
• Helping clients generate financial accounting reports for executives and company management
• Working as total solutions provider or total service provider with highest quality and standard
• Documenting all application enhancements requests for Product Development Team
• Filing defects and reporting in a timely manner issues and bugs in the system to be fixed by Software Engineers/System Architects
• Communicating continuously via phone or email to Company Management, Software Engineers/Architects, Professional Services Group, Account Managers and Internal Support Group to address escalations and urgent requests
• Providing email replies to internal questions of Support representatives, Professional Services (PS) and Sales Team on best practices and on complex cases in the application posted and addressed to the distribution list
  more... SME-Core/SME-Integrations/Subject Matter Expert on the Core OpenAir application (which I am a member of)
• Conducting in-depth training on the NetSuite OpenAir application for new hires and colleagues if there are new features added in the application and on updates/enhancements releases
• Handling most integration cases, issues, defects and enhancements
• Providing viable alternate solutions/workaround on defects and enhancements if there are any
• Handling client management escalations on complex cases and integration issues
Very nice environment and working place.
eCommerce Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 9, 2014
I Created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Defect Reports, and attended Weekly status meetings, Walkthrough meetings, QA Meetings, and Bug Review Meetings
Performed Functional Testing, Regression testing, Smoke Testing and UAT testing. Written automation scripts for Regression test cases and executed using Soap UI and RestFul Services. All of my management and team members were co-operative and well communicate.
Caters to employees with alternative lifestyles -- not for the "normal".
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San MateoFebruary 12, 2012
Micro-management of every ordinary task is the norm, and original ideas are rarely credited to the employee with the original idea. Not the best place to work if you take pride in doing a great job.
Pros
lots of challenges.
Cons
very, very few rewards (like recognition).