The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer will report into the Director of Information Systems Architect and will be responsible for resolving server and network problems by troubleshooting and resolving software, hardware, and connectivity problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes service requests received via telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person for Network & Infrastructure performance & Issues.
- Functions as the last point of escalation in Desktop issues and takes overflow HelpDesk calls.
- Performs diagnostics to collect information about problem to determine source of error.
- Isolates performance issues to determine cause of hardware malfunctions, such as hard drive, Network Card, Router or Switches.
- Provides a high level of Active Directory administration.
- Maintains Client Relations for Site Ownership.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Contacts software and hardware vendors via voice or online systems to research problem and determine recommended solutions.
- Evaluates software and hardware to determine whether product will be an effective tool for employees, and writes software and hardware evaluations and recommendations for management review.
- Brainstorms with team members to resolve more complex problems and escalates difficult issues to Team Lead for more technical assistance.
- Provides Project Management, and works closely with Project Manager and team.
- Performs daily checks to verify system availability.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance and vendor services as necessary.
- Participates in creation and maintenance of IT standards and procedures.
- Analyzes and corrects problems using documented procedures, available tools, and personal knowledge and skills.
- Ensures timely resolution/referral of user problems by documenting the impact to the user and by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution goal.
- Performs system backups to ensure daily backups run successfully and reviews backup logs, restarts failed jobs..
- Performs data restoration by finding appropriate tape to restore user data.
- Provides server management by responding to server issues that may require application or database shutdown/startup, server reboot, or restarting of server services.
- Tests and deploys new software and procedures, installation, conversion and upgrade activities.
- Resolves remote access issues, printing issues, and networks connectivity issues.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
Technical background in the following areas will be required:
- Microsoft Office Suite Word Processing Software
- Excel Spreadsheet Software
- Project Management
- Advanced Networking
- All Client Version of Windows
- All Server Versions of Windows, SQL Server, Exchange Server 2003 – 2010
- Cisco, VMWare, Linux Administration, Virtualization Technologies
Certificates and Licenses, one or more of the following preferred:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Indeed - 6 months ago