will sponsor h1 visa
ORACLE FUSION Tech
WEB LOGIC 10 or 11 - NEED version 10 and up.
Not Development. Troubleshoot, administration- UNIX, SUN, AIX, HPUX. Apache, Shell scripting.
this is an E7 role –wants to stay around 100-105K but closer to 100K for this role, position has a 10% target bonus.
Provide subject matter expertise around specific Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies including knowledge transfer to peers and peer teams. Define, Plan, design, develop, configure, test, maintain/administer, troubleshoot, prioritize and implement infrastructure technologies involving Weblogic on a UNIX platform. Provide subject matter expertise around the administration and troubleshooting of WebLogic. Experience with Oracle Service Bus (OSB) is a strong plus. Open to candidates with strong DataPower backgrounds interested in acquiring proficiencies in WebLogic. Provide project management for the deployment of infrastructure projects. Provide level 3 support on various applications in pre-production & production environments. Define standard, automated and repeatable processes using sound automation strategies. Deploy, promote and track code base and data through pre-production & production environments through structured and documented cross-work stream configuration management approach.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Identify changes needed in the Middleware infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals
- Define optimized environments in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and/ reduce costs in managing pre-production & production environments
- Define and support the infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis in effectively managing pre-production & production environments
- Implements middleware and web technologies and infrastructure changes for platforms, performance and scoring.
- Define development tools and procedures for daily operational support
- Support application activities that required scripting/programming in perl, shell, awk, sql, etc…
- Liaison with cross-functional teams within IS to ensure that development and development / training & test and production cutover schedules are understood and mapped to infrastructure requirements
- Ensure that any requested/required changes to pre-production & production environments go through a comprehensive impact analysis, are scheduled with required lead time, and well communicated across project and cross-functional teams
- Co-ordination of various software/hardware upgrades of pre-production & production environments
- Identify, track and facilitate swift resolution to outstanding issues and actions related to pre-production & production environments
- Provides project management oversight to infrastructure implementation projects and Proof of Technology initiatives
- Analyzes system response and determines tuning recommendations to improve performance of pre-production environments.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for infrastructure-related issue / crisis resolution for pre-production & production environments
- Identify opportunities to save costs and more effectively manage assets and escalate the opportunities
- Ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders
- Design an effective test plan for any new / changed infrastructure technology and work with Project Managers, QA / Testing Managers and Release Managers to ensure its implementation before the client take possession of the system
- Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
- Monitors delivery against SLAs and reports exceptions to management
- Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives, when applicable
- Producing and maintaining an inventory of environments together with a calendar of current and planned environment usage
- Maintain contact with the business users to proactively identify needed changes
- Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon milestones
- Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skill development of junior staff
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills
- College degree in related technical / business areas or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years relevant (administration and troubleshooting) work experience in WebLogic preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Service Bus (OSB) a strong plus. They will be trained on the OSB aspects of this role.
- Other technologies considered are DataPower a plus not mandatory.
- Comfortable working within UNIX platforms preferably AIX/HP/Linux
- Understanding of the technology organization and / or business and technology
- Re-engineering / process improvement experience, leading and coaching quality improvement projects
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflects the current state of a given process
Relevant Technical Skills
The Middleware WebLogic Administrator is NOT expected to know all of the skills at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that a Middleware WebLogic Administrator (Infrastructure Engineer I) may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
- Middleware Technologies: Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Service Bus, Apache
- Business Applications: Remedy Trouble Ticketing
- Office Automation: Office 2010, Outlook, Excel
- Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio,
- Software Engineering: Shell Scripting (any shell), Perl(good to have) AWK, WebLogic, Oracle Service Bus (OSB), basic Oracle skills
- O/S & Network: RedHat Linux, Oracle Linux, AIX, TCP/IP
- Novell - Identity Access Management, eDir knowledge is a plus but not mandatory
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL