The Test Manager for the client’s Online Banking Project will provide test leadership for current and upcoming Online Banking projects and report directly to the Digital Channels Test Lead.
This role requires a seasoned QA resource that has experience in both System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and can plan, lead and execute multiple testing efforts as needed. Leadership and coordination with all levels of program resources is critical (managers, developers, test analysts, project managers and business SME’s will be key).
- Complete the Test Level Assessment
- Facilitate the creation of SIT & UAT Test Criteria (working closely with SME’s and Business to ensure user criteria are clearly defined and testable).
- Create SIT & UAT Test Strategy/Plan Document (working closely with Development team, SME’s and Business to ensure full coverage of acceptance criteria to be met during testing).
- Coordinate testing activities with other Test Managers (work closely with other Test Managers who are managing projects that are part of the same enterprise release)
- Facilitate the creation of re-usable SIT & UAT Test Cases (working closely with test analyst, SME’s and Business to ensure test cases are documented and re-usable).
- Manage the design and execution of SIT and UAT Testing
- Manage overall defect tracking process and tool across all test phases
- Create daily/weekly test execution metrics and status reporting
- Create final Test Report
Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver effective and efficient testing solutions by meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, and adhering to development and quality standards.
- Identifying and managing issues and risks with the Quality Assurance hierarchy
- Identifying resource needs and coordinating resource planning
- Ensuring the development of the Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Partnering with Technical PM and team in the planning, and building of the test environments
- Coordinating with multiple development teams
- Defining entry and exit criteria for each test phase
- Ensuring team members are trained on methodology and use of test tools
- Planning and implementing defect management and reporting processes in accordance with the bank’s methodology
- Communicating status and coordinating with other project work-streams
- Leverage existing tools/techniques to streamline and automate wherever possible
- Coaching, mentoring and leading team members
- Ensure application documentation is complete and maintained/ updated in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience with ecommerce/web service applications
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance team/program leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of testing disciplines and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to accurately gather, analyze and interpret data, identify and define problems/defects, and make recommendations for resolution
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to manage testing of complex/distributed applications
- Superior time management and organizational skills are required
- Must be analytical, meticulous, and have a high attention to detail
- Preferred knowledge and experience with HP Quality Center Tool
- Can lead a team of testers and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; will be required to:
o Collect and deliver status to peers and management
o Creation and communication of test plan and strategy
- Experience working with distributed project teams