Network Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Learned about websites and domains.
Domain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMarch 2, 2016
From the beginning of the day until you left, your responsibility was to answer the phone. You would handle the customers problem concerning any domain issues and then you would sell any other tools or domains to the customer.
Pros
Learned about domains and websites.
Cons
Your on the phone all day.
Excellent place to work
Network Operations Center - Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 2, 2016
- Worked in the Network Operation Center.
- Day to Day Network and systems monitoring of the Production environment.

- Company got acquired by Web.com
Good company
Senior Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 25, 2015
Very smart, passionate people who genuinely want to do the "right thing" Great location, amazing office space.My teammates encourage me to be genuine and real and provide the personal and professional support I was looking for in a team. As an organization, it provides a tremendous amount of resources to help me achieve my goals: trainings, excellent leadership, transparency, opportunit…
It is a job - "Just Over Broke"
SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR/SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMay 28, 2016
Listen, Inform, and Educate - one of the most common sales models coached. "LIE" to get the sale. We call it embellishing.

Outstanding example of a company that went from the largest domain registrar down to a nobody. Focus was on the quick profit at the expense of the Customer and business / Employee.

Corporate welfare recipients.

Little regard for employee well being as evidenced by policies regarding shift bids and overall employee engagement.

Contributed to company for many years in various capacities. From the group think of sales incentive mentality to the replacement CEOs who fail to understated the Employee is the largest asset in a successful business, Network Solutions is a study in how to run a business into the ground.

Abusive Customer policies such as domain front running - this in itself is an outstanding view into the ethical standards of a company.

Network Solutions Customer support was brought back onshore when Uncle Sam broke up a monopoly as it was hemorrhaging Customers. For a limited time, even though a few ownership changes, Management was able to steer the company in a sustainable direction and actually buoyed the company back into a leadership space for a period. Much like most other businesses in the US, overhead and regulatory pressures overcame common sense and Network Solutions margins had no choice but to "adjust".

Its a job.
Pros
Technology, Good people in tech space
Cons
Leadership that was always out for a quick win / shortsighted
Not a place I would suggest to work
Customer Service/Technical Support/Sales (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMarch 16, 2015
Once Web.com took over all perks and extras employees received were taken away. Web.com only cares about one thing, their stock value. Web.com will take away from employees anything and everything they can to try to raise their stock price a few cents. Example: for near 10 years Network Solutions provided plastic disposable utensils to their employees to use for their lunches/meals. Web.com took over and started to charge employees $.25 per utensil.
Exciting Workplace with Lots of Opportunities to Help Others.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2015
I recommend this company to anyone who wants to learn more about business development and sales/marketing. Daily working with aspiring business owners and helping current business owners to collaborate is what we do. We have while doing so and we genuinely care about those who we service.
Pros
superior leadership
Cons
na
Productive and a wonderful place to work
Program Executive Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VaMay 12, 2014
I have been with Network Solutions for approx. 18 years. I love the environment, coworkers I have met along my tenure.
A typical day as the Manager of the Partner support team was both challenging, and rewarding. We handled the largest Domestic and International Partners.
I loved Managing the Account Managers that were dedicated to our Partners.
Pros
i felt network solutions cared about their employees
Cons
sometimes long hours, but it came with the support structure
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong table and WII
Quality Assurance Coach (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAJanuary 19, 2013
Marketing is out of touch with the call center making decisions without regard to customer service needs. Lack of communication is a huge opportunity for this organization. A nice work environment and lots of great people. Limited opportunity for advancement. A lot of pressure to make sales goals and micro manage efficiency and schedule adherence.
Pros
free coffee, 25 cent soft drinks
Cons
out of touch management and limited ceiling for advancement
Great place and great people
Senior Director in Engineering (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 20, 2012
I worked for Network Solutions for 10 years.
I worked my way up through the ranks and got promoted twice while there. The people you work with are very dedicated and really care about their work and the customers for the most part.
The only challenge was the constantly changing very senior leadership teams. But with every challenge comes opportunity and personal as well as company growth. It was a great ride even though the hours were tough and there was a great deal of change.
This company is not for the 9-5er...Nor the person who is change averse. However, there are a lot of talented people there who are great to learn from and work with.
Pros
very dynamic, never a dull moment, lots of talented people
Cons
long hours, constant change in senior leadership team.
Failed Attempt to be an SEO company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Henderson, VAJanuary 3, 2014
Direct Outside Sales Job... this opp for Network Solutions was new to them. They wanted to get into selling SEO and PPC. They unfortunately laid everyone off in the short-lived venture. I am not sure if they resumed it but at the time it was short lived, not thought out, or budgeted correctly.
Pros
good salary
Cons
laid off b/c of unpreparedness to launch this new direction
Below Average Unless You Are A Salesperson
Technical Support Specialist Network Solutions (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAJune 27, 2013
Aggressive sales-oriented, call center environment. All phone representatives have strict sales goals and objectives. Company hides these goals until you hit production floor.
Nice place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILMay 13, 2014
Very corporate but learned a lot. The corporate hierarchy does create a disconnect with many "workers" so this didn't create the best culture. There was possibility for advancement and it could be a great place for certain people.
Receive customer service phone calls all day.
Network Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAOctober 1, 2012
Customer service job received calls one after another all day long except when on breaks or lunch. Free coffee and drinks out of the vending machine were only .25.
Fun workplace
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 27, 2013
I learned more and more everyday. Had task to do in the beginning of the day and finished my task by the end. Had to open cumputers and put them back together. Day went by really wiuck
great place to work.
Network Engineer / I.T support (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 31, 2014
I used to work for this company a few years ago. Really good place to work. learned alot and Would stay but i'm ready to adventure off.
Pros
company car
Cons
the pay
Company Change
Senior Performance and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAApril 17, 2012
Networks Solutions was sold and is now owned by Web.com. The original company initially gave me a lot of opportunities to prove myself.
Fly by night
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2013
This company had a lot of potential to dominate the internet marketing world. With the proper business plan and management they could have made this happen.
very friendly coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  drums paJanuary 17, 2014
- Responsible for all aspects of customer care from registering new domain names to customer follow-up as well as selling host packages.
Very good place to work
QA Eingineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 16, 2013
Team work is very visible and help is everywhere. Co workers are very helpful and play as a team. Everything was fun even the hard parts.
Great Employer!!
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 16, 2014
My first job. Big support from co-workers! Learning experience.

Network Solutions Reviews by Location