Network Solutions Employee Reviews

The awesome Verisign
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 17, 2017
VeriSign has some interesting service that it provides especially the DNS, Hosting, and PKI. It is one of the best companies to work for especially for its benefits.
Different company now from when I worked there
Manager, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2017
Company has under gone many changes since I worked there and would not be fair to judge their current situation. Hopefully all the re-orgs and new management has made a difference.
Pros
Free donuts on Fridays
Cons
management
Glad to work with
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2016
Glad to work with search a good team.The team is very good.The hours were flexible.There a good people that work in the company.They provide great pay.They pay well and treat everyone equally"
Great place spoiled by management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grape Garden Netsol 2September 28, 2016
The place ,opportunities , colleagues , exposure was good, but managers are getting the employees through the reference, same language, or same village / brother in law, who dont know anything about the technology and they are now getting the good position and the best salary....

for others they will be in contract payroll, might get fired nytime, no hike or recognition..Pathetic Management & their regional politics.

So God bless Netsol
Pros
Was Good
Cons
Now Wrost
It is a job - "Just Over Broke"
SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR/SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMay 28, 2016
Listen, Inform, and Educate - one of the most common sales models coached. "LIE" to get the sale. We call it embellishing.

Outstanding example of a company that went from the largest domain registrar down to a nobody. Focus was on the quick profit at the expense of the Customer and business / Employee.

Corporate welfare recipients.

Little regard for employee well being as evidenced by policies regarding shift bids and overall employee engagement.

Contributed to company for many years in various capacities. From the group think of sales incentive mentality to the replacement CEOs who fail to understated the Employee is the largest asset in a successful business, Network Solutions is a study in how to run a business into the ground.

Abusive Customer policies such as domain front running - this in itself is an outstanding view into the ethical standards of a company.

Network Solutions Customer support was brought back onshore when Uncle Sam broke up a monopoly as it was hemorrhaging Customers. For a limited time, even though a few ownership changes, Management was able to steer the company in a sustainable direction and actually buoyed the company back into a leadership space for a period. Much like most other businesses in the US, overhead and regulatory pressures overcame common sense and Network Solutions margins had no choice but to "adjust".

Its a job.
Pros
Technology, Good people in tech space
Cons
Leadership that was always out for a quick win / shortsighted
Excellent place to work
Network Operations Center - Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 2, 2016
- Worked in the Network Operation Center.
- Day to Day Network and systems monitoring of the Production environment.

- Company got acquired by Web.com
good fast paced company
Customer Service- Domain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 18, 2016
i enjoyed working with small business owner as well as small enterpriser organizations the compensation was good and i would be happy to work there again
Pros
good money
Cons
Learned about websites and domains.
Domain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMarch 2, 2016
From the beginning of the day until you left, your responsibility was to answer the phone. You would handle the customers problem concerning any domain issues and then you would sell any other tools or domains to the customer.
Pros
Learned about domains and websites.
Cons
Your on the phone all day.
I like to Work at Network Solutions
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 26, 2015
I like to Work at Network Solutions . The work culture is so competitive.

On the whole I like to work or recommend anyone to the Company.
Good company
Senior Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 25, 2015
Very smart, passionate people who genuinely want to do the "right thing" Great location, amazing office space.My teammates encourage me to be genuine and real and provide the personal and professional support I was looking for in a team. As an organization, it provides a tremendous amount of resources to help me achieve my goals: trainings, excellent leadership, transparency, opportunit…
Great Company to work for
Senior Director, Customer Service - (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 11, 2015
The CEO Champ Mitchell was great and set a clear vision for the company. We had a lot of fun and did great work. I look forward to seeing them do great things.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
commute
Excellent work environment with very like minded people
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 9, 2015
Daily meetings prior to start of work day

Rotating weekly after-hours support that included free high-speed internet, prepaid cell phone, and $100 bonus for week of support

Management was easy to work with

Scheduling Staff was nice and easy to work with regarding future jobs

Co-Workers were a blast to work with. Like minded people get a long great!

Hardest part of job was the requirement of being at home and available from 5pm-9pm Monday-Sunday to answer any calls during your week of support. No call forwarding was authorized for situations where you had to leave home.

Most enjoyable part of the job was that management was extremely willing to work with you and help you with any issues you may have, personal life, finances, etc.
Pros
Company provided internet for support employees, Cell Phone/Smart Phone was provided, Company Vehicle provided when needed, Encouragement to try and test new technologies
Cons
Occasional negative attitude from mgmt, mgmt's inability to distingish employees after personal gain from those who cared for comany, mgmt's lack of understanding physical/time restraints of jobs
Exciting Workplace with Lots of Opportunities to Help Others.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2015
I recommend this company to anyone who wants to learn more about business development and sales/marketing. Daily working with aspiring business owners and helping current business owners to collaborate is what we do. We have while doing so and we genuinely care about those who we service.
Pros
Superior Leadership
Cons
Na
Not a place I would suggest to work
Customer Service/Technical Support/Sales (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMarch 16, 2015
Once Web.com took over all perks and extras employees received were taken away. Web.com only cares about one thing, their stock value. Web.com will take away from employees anything and everything they can to try to raise their stock price a few cents. Example: for near 10 years Network Solutions provided plastic disposable utensils to their employees to use for their lunches/meals. Web.com took over and started to charge employees $.25 per utensil.
Great Employer!!
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 16, 2014
My first job. Big support from co-workers! Learning experience.
wonderful place to work before they were bought by Web.com
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 15, 2014
co-workers were the best part of the job. i enjoyed coming in to work everyday. i had tons of responsibility, but managed to get it all done within a 50 hour work week. i talked with partners everyday and i enjoyed being able to assist their needs.
Pros
25 cent sodas, bagel Fridays, wonderful co-workers, Christmas party, year end bonus, annual pay incrase
Cons
responsible for 8 different jobs
Nice place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILMay 13, 2014
Very corporate but learned a lot. The corporate hierarchy does create a disconnect with many "workers" so this didn't create the best culture. There was possibility for advancement and it could be a great place for certain people.
A call center with comfortbale environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMay 12, 2014
If you don't mind taking 50+ phone calls a day it's a decent place to work for.
Productive and a wonderful place to work
Program Executive Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VaMay 12, 2014
I have been with Network Solutions for approx. 18 years. I love the environment, coworkers I have met along my tenure.
A typical day as the Manager of the Partner support team was both challenging, and rewarding. We handled the largest Domestic and International Partners.
I loved Managing the Account Managers that were dedicated to our Partners.
Pros
I felt Network Solutions cared about their employees
Cons
sometimes long hours, but it came with the support structure
great place to work.
Network Engineer / I.T support (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 31, 2014
I used to work for this company a few years ago. Really good place to work. learned alot and Would stay but i'm ready to adventure off.
Pros
company car
Cons
the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Network Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval