networking

networking Employer Reviews

Military service was very rewarding for me
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee), Dublin, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: career fulfillment and patriotism
Cons: military type restrictions
Working with the US Army for over 20 years allowed me to develop a great sense of patriotism as well as career fulfillment. During my time in the US Army, I was able to obtain experiences in many areas of my professional life, to include leadership, training expertise and communications. I was also able to achieve my lifetime dream of obtaining my higher – more... education degrees and various military degrees. Being in the Army has motivated me to continue with my studies in the School of Advance Studies and pursue a degree as a Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership/Information Systems and Technology. – less
Great place
President/ Owner (Current Employee), Covington, LAJune 10, 2014
Fun and exciting atmosphere. Met a lot of great people. Learned so much here working with these guys. Very knowledgeable staff in networking and programming.
First contract job, and I wont do it again
Systems/Technical Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day at work :
• Performed configuration work including but not limited to: patching, upgrades, Hardware/Software installations (PC migrations-backup and restore)
• Maintained global remote access standard through the VPN service, allowing users to access the company’s network via a dial-up, wireless, or broadband connection.
• Provided customer – more... assistance with routine inquiries and hardware/software problems (desktop, laptops, printers, Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Project, Adobe, Ghost), utilizing SRMS ticketing system.
• Installed and configured PCs as well as provided break & fix services/Data Migration/Desk Side Support.
• Performed remote support for end users.
• Provided basic Blackberry Support.
• Performed problem research, recognition, isolation, and resolution steps.
• Experience in Windows XP/Vista deployments and migrations. – less
Network Eng. Team
Technical Systems Specialist IV (Current Employee), Gwinnett County GeorgiaJuly 30, 2013
Pros: training on new products
Cons: work overload, no advancement, no pay rise
Technical Systems Specialist IV (Networking) 2001 to present
LAN experience with Ethernet TCP/IP (10B2, 10BT, Fast, Gigabit), Fiber Channel, and IPX/SPX. Supported Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switch hardware has included fixed port, stackable, and chassis based platforms by Cisco, Nortel, and 3Com. Some of these platforms include Cisco 2900, 3500, 3560, 4000, – more... and 6500 series switches. Nortel 450/460/470/BPS-2000, Accelar 1200, and Passport 8600 and 8010 switches. Others include 3Com’s Superstack II line. Modules in the Chassis based switches include 10/100/1000 copper and fiber ports. Cisco 6500 modules also include Firewall Services Modules (FWSM), Content Switch Modules/Load Balancers (CSM) with Virtual server Farms, and Wireless LAN Services Modules (WLSM). POE is utilized in the Nortel 460 and Cisco 3560G switches and Access Point power applications. Bridges and Routers have included 3Com’s routers, Nortel (Includes Wellfleet and Bay Networks) AN, ARN, ASN, and ANH routers. Cisco routers include the 700, 800, 2600, 2800, 7200, and 7500 product lines. Cisco, Nortel, and 3Com remote Access and VPN Products.

Responsible for the entire Gwinnett County Government network and security infrastructure which includes: LAN/WAN/WLAN/MAN/MEN components to hundred’s of locations and facilities for all Public Safety (Police, Fire, Sheriff, Corrections), Justice (DA, Courts, Probation, etc.) County Administration (GJAC, BOC, HR, GIS, Finance, etc.) and all other agencies (DPU, Parks, Tax, Tag, DOT, Airport, Vehicle Fleet Maintenance, School Board, Transit, etc.)
Current wireless applications include Bridged, VPN, and Enterprise level deployments of single sign-on, security certificate based multi-VLAN, multi SSID access points utilizing LEAP/PEAP with Radius Servers and Active Directory.
Products and Appliances include: Cisco and Nortel routers, Cisco and Nortel Chassis and Stack based Switches (L2, L3, L2-7 filtering,), Nortel “Contivity” VPN Gateways (PPTP/IPSec clients and Remote Office Tunnels), 3Com RAS servers, Netilla SSL VPN gateways, Video over IP thru private, public, and VPN networks. Cisco VPN SSL setting up users and vendors with security polices in place, Cisco 1300 Wireless for external connection for public safety, parks, tag offices, etc. Major Internet services and applications include: DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, SSL, Telnet, VPN, SNMP, IDS, Firewall.

Networks include: IP/IPX/SPX, Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps), Frame Relay (T-1/T-3), Cable (DOCSIS/CMTS), Fiber (single mode, multimode, OC-3 thru OC-192), Cisco/Nortel/Symbol Wireless Networks (802.11a/b/g) Cisco Aeronet/SWAN/WDS/MARS using Cisco ACS Radius Servers and remote agent, WLSM, WLSE, Active Directory, ADSL/SDSL, FDDI, ISDN, SONET, Metro Ethernet, Wireless Broadband.
Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g) includes Cisco/Nortel/Symbol, Interior and Exterior applications with internal and external antenna configurations Private Access, Security Certificates, multiple VLAN’s and SSID’s and authentication schemes on the same access points, GRE/MGRE tunneling, Policy Based routing, and 802.1q trunking, WEP/WPA/EAP/PEAP/LEAP/TKIP/CKIP/DES/DES3/AES Encryption techniques, Cisco Aeronet Access Points using Layer 3 mobility, ACS Radius servers, WLSE Management servers. – less
Fun place to work and meet new people
Career builder, Indeed (Former Employee), Euless, TXApril 8, 2013
Quiktrip was a very fun but challenging place to work.We provided excellent customer service and always made sure their visit was awesome! I was part of management and the company was fair and treated their employee's like they were own kids. The most challenging part of the job is customers that very hard to deal with and the schedules were difficult – more... to get use to. All in all Quiktrip was a very good company. – less
Productive an a career where i can untilize my skills an ability, to help make your company a continue success!
Sales, Networking (Former Employee), Training, Public Presentation, NetworkingFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: ability to come up with ideas's with the support of management.
Cons: no health care available, or opportunity for advancement an sucurity.
Sales, Management,Marketing, Training, Networking, Presentation's A typical day at work was to work hard to reach goal's that was set by myself an the company. My co-worker's will also trying to reach goal's as well. The hardest part of the job, was continue to alway's strive to to come up with different type's of Networking to increase business, even – more... tho the networking that was done was a successful! – less
Daily duties
I.T. supervisor (Former Employee), Edinburg TxFebruary 7, 2013
I.T. Project Manager
• Maintained and created configurations procedures for Shoretel Telecommunications network
• Utilized Goverlan to resolve issues concerning the use of computers and Shoretel on the county’s network
• Provided technical expertise
• Installed, tested, repaired Cisco switches, routers, and access points
• Troubleshoot and correct other – more... network devices including data/telecommunications components
• Maintained spreadsheet for documentation purposes to specify configuration and network map with all IP address and subnets
• Spreadsheet includes device configurations for disaster recovery
• Performed network analysis using Solar winds to test network.
• Worked with my network team regularly and made recommendations to enhance the security throughout the network
• Made recommendations to enhance the security for the county network
• Traveled throughout the county to provide support to all county departments and lead my team in network and computer support
• Project manager for all existing county IT infrastructure
• Supervised IT technician personnel
• 24-hour on-call for emergency
• Managed county’s web filter appliance
• Supervised procurement process
• Maintained I.T. inventory
• Technology liaison for all county departments
• Installed and maintained the County’s video surveillance, access control systems
• Installed and configured, performed upgrades to desktops, laptops and printers
• Provided warranty and vendor support, assisted in evaluation of hardware and software and network equipment
• Worked remotely installing software and updates using Goverlan
• Provided tech support over phone Configure switches, and wireless access points
• Use Orion Software to monitor network
• Create V-Lans and trunking switches
• Assist customers with VPN accounts and switches
• Configure mobile devices for VPN and email – less
Jobs were short but usually paid well.
Contract and Freelance Work (Former Employee), Central AlabamaAugust 3, 2012
I didn't prefer this type of IT work as much. It was all contract jobs or doing jobs on my own time for family or friends. Money was good but work wasn't reliable.
Aweful Place
Networking / IT Manager (Former Employee), SchaumburgMarch 1, 2012
Company was shut down for legal issues a few years after I left. No worries about stepping foot in this place.
good
Cisco Prime Access Registrar (Former Employee), chennaiOctober 17, 2014
I learnt about the protocols(RADIUS,DIAMETER) DID ccna in this project.Learnt expect and sh script.The coworkers are good and they are very helful
gave huge knowledge about networking
Tech. Support Engineer (Current Employee), pune, MHSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: nice seniors
Cons: dress code
as i am working for you broadband here i get lots of knowledge about networking. things that i therotically learn in ccna able to hands on practically in this company
A day at work
Team Leader (Former Employee), DDAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: seasonal work
normal job in orchards as a team leader and also manages there database of the company
Easy Go Work environment and everyday new experiance
System Admin, SMT Technician (Former Employee), chennaiAugust 28, 2014
* Learnt Team lead quality
* Initiatives been encouraged
* Communication has been bit compromised in some areas
Instructor
Software Instructor (Former Employee), Itahari NepalAugust 14, 2014
Pros: no free
Cons: short breaks
I have worked as instructor in this company as good review and after my bachelor study. so I am glad for my First Job in this company
Networking, System Engineer and Technical Support
System Engineer and Technical Support (Former Employee), Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaJune 24, 2014
Configuring and troubleshooting experience of LAN and WAN.
Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting of Cisco Routers.
Install , configure and managing Unix , Linux, Win2003/2008 Server.
IP Addressing.
Database Admin & full responsibility of all Information Servers "Data and software" as well as Technically support all IT departments.
Install, configure, – more... troubleshoot and fine-tune various hardware and software.
Troubleshoot the Network.
Responsible for managing Technical Needs
Build solutions to address specific needs of the clients.
Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as and when they arise.
Configure and monitor network, server and application environments,
As well as Cisco Routers and Switches.
Trains new Stuff.
Lead the western Technical Team to properly serve our clients. – less
networking
Administrative, Software, Hardware (Current Employee), BangaloreJune 24, 2014
I have done Monitoring and solving of all Administrative, Software, Hardware And Networking issues at district level
Fun
Network Engineer for I-Matrix (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 14, 2014
Days are going cool in my company,
suddenly issued is raised by the level 1,
That day is special day my job career,
try to sort out the problem but i am unable to resolve it finally i got an idea when i am studying about firewall.
that's it clear the ticket it took all most half day to me.
nice companices i need a job
desktop engioner (Former Employee), bangloru,dubai,etcApril 21, 2014
awsome dubai jobs i like to work here lots off money they are giving workers
Enjoyable Jon
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), AbujaJanuary 13, 2014
Installation of Outdoor Radio, Internet & Intranet installation. Good co-workers. More free time
Good to learn new things
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai,IndiaNovember 10, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short breaks
It was good to work with that company. Great ambience and learned a lot about networking.