Neuberger Berman Employee Reviews

Alright
Senior Advisor Consultant Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
good company for those who don't made just sitting in their current role forever. not going to be a whole lot of advancement opportunities in the sales department.
Growing mutual fund company
Retail & Institutional Ops Rep/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2012
Neuberger Berman holds a special place in my heart. I made friends here that I have grown very close to and I still keep in contact with them to this very day. Dealing with the stock market, we had deadlines everyday so it was never a dull moment. I learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes to keep a shareholders account up to date. Because the company was so large, there were many different managers with different managing styles. My managers were always fair, respectful and considerate. My co-workers are some of my dearest friends today. The most difficult part of the job was hearing about how dissatisfied a shareholder was with the performance of one of our mutual funds but the most enjoyable part about it was convincing them not to redeem their account.
Pros
lots of room for advancement and excellent benefits
Cons
large companies tend to be impersonal
Very educational and enjoyable experience
High Yield and Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2016
I learned what it meant to work in the financial industry. I learned how to use WallStreet Office and Bloomberg efficiently, while improving my Microsoft Excel skills. I improved my communication skills with my coworkers as well as people from outside companies to solve the problems at hand.
Solidly managed company
Investment Writer and Editor, Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
An employee-friendly company, very client focused, and managed for success. A client-driven and performance culture makes a difference for this firm.
Amazing culture
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day of work consisted on speaking with and meeting with clients to help them open accounts and resolve their problems . The management style allowed me autonomy to get my work done; this was especially helpful when we were under tight timelines.
Pros
Great compensation and work-life balance
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Investment management and Financial planning
Sr. Oracle Application Dba (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2015
The company provides Investment management and financial planning, fiduciary services and trust services to its clients, it serves pension plans, charitable organizations, sovereign wealth funds and other institutions
Very positive experience
Desktop support analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
Developed many skills from a variety of experiences.
Great team to work with.
Very solid team and business to support.
Learned a lot and enjoyed the experience and people I worked with.
Pros
All good
Cons
No cons
Good company
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2015
This is a good company. I have work with this company for a couple months and its ok but I want to move forward and there is no room for that here
Great!
Desktop Support Engineer (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
It was a pleasure to work with Neuberger Clients, it was overall great experience. The only issue was the work hours. You would literally be assigned to projects that seemed like they were never ending meaning more time at work and less time at home. This would be an ideal job for someone without a family.
Pros
Great experience, great staff!
Cons
Long, countless hours.
Good company to work for
Client Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Good company
Hard to climb the ladder
very conservative, difficult to give input
Poor management dont really pay attention to others
good company to start your career in
Educated co worker
Email production for Digital Marketing team. Digital assets production, News update and site maintenance via Ektron .
Digital Marketing-Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2012
• Provided digital production support for the Digital Marketing team.
• Perform image/graphic searches to determine optimum digital visuals
• Produced digital assets, such as images, graphics, audio and video
• Was responsible for everyday Slider Update of NB.com Home page, subsections and microsites
• Executed both independent and directed design including websites, emails and microsites
• Created 10-12 emails per day for Digital Marketing team
• Updated news, publications, documents, press releases and spotlights for main NB.com site and microsites usinf Ektron CMS
• Performed client-side coding including HTML, CSS and Javascript
• Assisted in the implementation of content, subsections, marketing campaigns and standalone microsites
Ok
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Learned a lot. Support group management has changed recently. Too many people are scared right now , making it difficult.
Great place to work and learn
Corporate Strategy Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
Neuberger has a great culture - everyone is extremely bright and dedicated to their job.

I joined hoping to build my skill sets and I did - working in a 4 person strategy team for an 1,800 person organization gave me the chance to gain deep insights into how a business runs. I built my modeling, analysis, and research skills so that I'm able to work with confidence.
N/a
Senior Client Reporting/ Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
The management does not micro-manage they allow us to work freely and take on projects that can benefit the department as well as the company.
Laid-back atmosphere in a corporate environment
Portfolio Administrator, Private Asset Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2012
Neuberger was my first job. I really enjoyed learning about the wealth management industry during my time at Neuberger Berman.
Successful and highly renowned asset manager based in NYC
Portfolio Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Some great leaders who truly care about the well-being and ultimate success of their employees. Some on the opposite end of the spectrum. Lack of communication between groups and even within "cohesive" groups is frustrating. Overall, however, pleasant people to work with. Not much room for growth due to political structure.
Fast paced, interesting enviornment
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Very interesting people. Unstable job security however, the atmosphere is enjoyable
Pros
excellent people
Cons
unstable long-term security
Productive learning environment
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2013
The best job ever. Typical day is client interaction or requests. Servicing their financial needs in a support capacity is the best part of working in financial services investments, using the most up to date technology to achieve those goals.
Pros
free lunch, free seminars and shows
Cons
reorganization issues
great atmosphere
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2012
Great atmosphere with good people. Management could be better. Work flow is good,
Great workplace
Manager of Operations/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
This was my favorite company I've worked for, pre Lehman aquisition. The grou I worked in no longer exists.

Neuberger Berman Reviews by Location