NeuroBehavioral Systems (NBS) is a small and growing company that develops software for neuroscience applications. Our flagship product, Presentation, is a Windows application that provides high-precision stimulus delivery and performance monitoring in experiments investigating cognition and perception. As such, a candidate with a solid neuroscience background and some programming experience could be a good fit.
The NBS office is located in downtown Berkeley, CA, right in the middle of the beautiful San Francisco bay area. NBS provides a software developer with the best of all worlds - varied and interesting programming projects, a small company with minimal overhead, no politics, and job security with good benefits.
Responsibilities: All software engineers are involved in every aspect of the development life cycle. In particular, the position involves the following responsibilities.
- Aiding in software and feature specification and design
- Product documentation
- Application testing and test writing
- Providing responsive, accurate, and friendly technical support to users
- C++ application development on Windows of Presentation and related projects
- iOS and Android application development
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate many of the following attributes:
- Training, experience, or interest in neuroscience
- Degree in physics, math, neuroscience, or computer science (very helpful)
- Programming experience or coursework in programming
- The ability to work and finish a project independently
- Knowledge, understanding, and respect for good software practices and development methodologies
- Dedication to quality, and pride in the work you produce
- iOS or Android app development experience (helpful)
Compensation: 60k-100k/year depending on qualifications, full health care including dental, retirement plan, vacation, and bonuses.
Starting date: Immediately
How to apply: Please email