NeuroPsychiatric Hospitals Employee Reviews

Review of NPH
IT Specialist/Desktop Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 29, 2017
Your typical day will depend on your position within the company.

The workplace culture is ok.

The hardest part of my job were the hours. Trying to balance family and home life.

I learned that one person cannot handle that job.
Pros
Working with other wonderful employees
Cons
Long hours, traveling, lack of communication
Best medical psych place in Indiana to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 14, 2017
This hospital is not for the faint at heart! It's fast paced and a lot going on due to the complexity of our patients, but I love it here. If you love Psych or Medical you will too!

Us nurses take pride in what we do and are able to care for anyone struggling with mental health disorders. The hospital is beautiful and brand new. The owner is fantastic and so are the physicians. If you get a chance to tour I highly recommend it.
Pros
Pay, career advancement, self fulfillment
Cons
Hours
Dishonest and unerhical practices by management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INOctober 11, 2017
I would not recommend anyone that needs to keep and job and has ethics / morals to work here. I was salary and was working ~15 hours a day. I am very dedicated but it was impossible to be successful with the work load.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mislead about details of position, poor work life balance, no job security
Administration (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 7, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - joining NPH was like joining a family and the team supports each other. The system is growing and there is always promotions from within.
My boss is really tough but great if you do your job and you take care of the patients!
Pros
Room for advancement, Great mentors, Positive Reinforcement
Cons
Lack of knowledge for what we really do for our patients from the community
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 7, 2017
This is a great place to work! The staff care for the patients and their families. The staff go out of their way to ensure the comfort and safety of all patients. Management regularly reviews benefits and salaries to ensure that they remain competitive.
Pros
Pto, Competitive Wages, Fun Work Environment
I do not recommend working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 29, 2017
Poorly ran facility. I witnessed nurses giving meds to wrong patients, they hire people to take care of Alzheimer's/ dementia patients with no training what so ever to do so, meaning the patients where being neglected and abused by uneducated staff. They say you get pto but do not approve it. New rules and or policies towards employees get fabricated daily. No supplies to take care of patients. No maintenance was being done so there were toilets backing up in patient rooms(for months). They will put you on a unit by yourself with one nurse,which means no back up if any patients start acting out or attacks you which happens regularly here. The place is just sad. No good.
This place is a joke
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 27, 2017
Patients are neglected and abused. The place should be shut down. Employees walking off the job on regular basis. Never supplies for patient care.No management. I would not trust this place with a dog, I pray for the patients.
Great Company
Nure (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2017
This place is a great place to work. There is always room for growth or to move up in the company. The leadership is better now then what it is was in the past. I have seen a lot of improvement in the last four months.
Pros
Compeitive salary, work as a team, 21 days of PTO
Awful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INSeptember 21, 2017
The management is very rude. Very short staffed, never has supplies to do the job properly, patients are mistreated. The pay was horrible, coworkers were lazy, did care about the patients and didn't work as a team
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 2, 2017
Not enough pay for what you have to deal with. Always short staff. Terrible management. Never have the supplies you need to properly care for patients, I feel sorry for the patients....
awful management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 11, 2017
The top managers do not know how to treat or talk to staff, and do not respect family boundaries. Staff turnover is crazy. Everyone is afraid of being fired. They pay GREAT, but thats why. Managers walked out almost weekly.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Diverse and welcoming place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 11, 2017
There is a culture of developing staff and advancing them through the system, as the company values loyalty and hard work. Everyone is more than willing to jump in and help out. Pleasant place to work!
Dietary aide
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  DietaryJune 23, 2017
I work in the dietary. and I have a great Boss she is always wanting to help and she tries very hard to work with you with days off if you need them .
Very Unhappy Working Here
ACTIVITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 1, 2017
Overall, I just did not enjoy working here. The workplace environment was not the most positive and there were many inconsistencies in what is expected of the staff.