Busy surgical office in South Minneapolis has a opening for a part time billing representative. Three (3) 8 hour shifts per week (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday) – additional days depending on coverage needs (vacation, sick days, etc)
Primary duties include:
- Working off of an aged balance to ensure at least a 10 day follow up on all accounts (patient and insurance). Follow up via phone calls, reminder letters and computer software
- Working with third party payers to ensure proper reimbursement on patient accounts.
- Identifying and preparing adjustments and write offs as appropriate.
- Follow up on daily correspondence (denials, requests for additional information) to appropriately work patient accounts.
- Answering questions from patients and insurance companies.
- Dealing with insurance companies via the telephone or online to check the status of claims.
- Written correspondence to payers and patients.
- Sending initial or secondary bills to insurance companies via paper or electronic format.
- Enter and process medical record prepayment invoices and payments.
- Run daily letters and statements.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least one year related medical billing experience is required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Takes initiative and demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Works with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- NextGen EPM/EHR experience
- Microsoft experience
- Strong Excel experience
Salary $18.00 + DOE