NeuStar Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Self-Independent and Welcoming Environment
Network Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at Neustar varies between managing, monitoring and troubleshooting low/high priority alerts. I have learned several troubleshooting skills and a variety of Linux commands. Management at Neustar isn't aggressive at all; we work independently with little to no supervision on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is to effectively communicate to customers that have no technical skills and or knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have the ability to grow and learn at the highest point of the company.
Great people, too much change on top
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 3, 2016
I truly enjoyed the teamwork, life-work balance, and the young spirit of Neustar. For a company with so much energy, it is a shame not to be transparent. There seems to be a huge disconnect within the HR system and between the employees and to the management. A division between the sales teams and rest of the company isn't making it easy either. Also the recent mergers have left them all paralyzed. Cuts come randomly laying off the most hardworking loyal team members without the knowledge of their supervisors.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Lack of transparency
too many re-orgs
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 19, 2015
Over the 1.5 years that I worked there, there were 4 major re-orgs. Company leadership makes too many decisions without thorough planning or giving enough time to see if their changes resulted in positive change. They have also struggled with integrating the companies they acquired. They are very reactionary and hit the "panic button" too often.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
high turnover resulting from constant re-orgs
Productive, innovative, customer oriented organization
engagement manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling VirginiaJanuary 5, 2016
Great Place to work. Diverse staff. excellent work culture. you work independently but with a Team.
what I learned- How to work with and manage multiple Teams to achieve customer's goal.
Hardest part of the Job - was leaving due to a lay off.
Most enjoyable- working with my clients, visiting them onsite, achieving and satisfying client needs.
Pros
professional training
Cons
not enough interaction amongst internal Teams as most work from home
Terribly mismanaged
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
There is absolutely not continuity or standardization throughout the company. Full of old bad habits and over-glorifying management.
Pros
Company sponsored events
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Lots of support from management. Resources usually available. Co-workers were very supportive and helped when asked.
Pros
Interesting work, great people.
Cons
Hard to move into new jobs.
Not very promising
Web Performance Management Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 2, 2016
Lack of motivation from sales reps, manager does not show up 3 days a week. Clear favorites. Would not recommend. GO somewhere else.
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 5, 2015
NeuStar UltraDNS Managed Services portal interface enable customers to manage objects remotely in the NeuStar Ultra Services database. The UltraDNS managed services portal web application provides a thin client - server communication model for the customers to manage their Domain Name System (DNS) services. The web application implementation is based on Model View Controller (MVC) architecture. The web application's views are implemented using Smart Client Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (AJAX) Rich Internet Application (RIA). AJAX data communications is handled in JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) format. The controller servlet shall use the Spring MVC based implementation to handle the web application requests.
Pros
...
Cons
....
Struggling company
employee (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 1, 2014
NSR wants to be great, but cannot quite get there. Great comp and benefits. Executive management is invisible while trying to figure out how to save a single contract that makes up 50% of revenue.

Exec mgt says we are OK without it, but does not act that way.
Pros
comp and bennies
Cons
unpridictable revenue stream
Productive and Fun working place
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 20, 2015
Pros
...
Cons
...

Want to know more about NeuStar?

Ask a question
Innovative Company
Associate Legal Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 14, 2014
Neustar was a great company to work for. They had an awesome benefits and compensation package. The only shortcoming was their work/life balance.
15th and 14th Best Place to Work Company last 2 years.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2015
Support desk tech company that is constantly driving a positive culture throughout. Great leadership and a family environment. Engagement committees in place to funnel feedback by the front-line to the leaders around everything from fun activities to improving job tools.
Good-Louisville Kentucky
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  LouisivlleOctober 22, 2015
Good place to work with good people, could pay more though. I work in Louisville, they are good about making employees feel heard but nothing ever comes of what is said.
Neustar is a contemporary high tech cybersecurity, interactive marketing organization
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2015
Neustar sets a fine example on team work being a crucial building block to corporate success. It was always status quo and welcomed to interact with colleagues in various departments.
Typical Sales Job
Senior West Coast Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2014
Days seemed a bit mundane and anything outside of the box that I wanted to get done or do, I took on myself. I took many initiatives to plan team outings as there was NO formal person to do this for us. That was frustrating because this led to a lack of culture. You need a strong and positive culture to have motivated empkoyees and this definitely lacks BIG TIME at Neustar. The only reason we ever did anything fun was because my team rocked and we made sure we went and had fun.
Excellent solutions and senior leadership with a vision.
Manager, Sales Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 17, 2014
Neustar is a growing company with leading edge solutions. I work with the sales leadership within the company and they are professional and growth focused.
Pros
company growth and vision
Cons
career advancement
Productive and Fun place to work for
Sales - Management (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 7, 2013
Working for NeuStar is a blast. I have the ability to chose the hours that i work, I usually arrive very early and i start cold calling overseas accounts. Throughout the day i am usually prospecting, preparing cold emails and following up with current customer. NeuStar supports a relaxing work place and that's why they always have an activity stored for us.
Good company to work for
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 14, 2014
Independent work, little to no supervision, strong management, learned new skills, great job for recent graduates
Great direction within this company
Instructional Designer, and eLearning Developer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 1, 2012
I really like working here. The job is interesting and the company has a very unified direction that is well communicated from the top down.
Pros
casual dress, cafe in the building, flexible work hours
Best place to work
RECRUITING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  sterling, vaOctober 22, 2012
I've enjoyed working at Neustar more than any other place I've worked and I'm very sad to go. Though they would like me to come back in 2 months, that 2 months can't come fast enough. I can't say enough good things about the folks at neustar
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons