NeuStar Employee Reviews

fun out going and family orientated
Receptionist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 7, 2017
The worked really well with you and having kids. had flexible shifts.The benefits were great. Worked well with teaching and training. Let me work at my pace.
Pros
lunch, felxibility
Cons
Some of the managers
Not an open culture
Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2017
I was hired to manage products with engineering team in East Coast but the company lacks open culture with decisions in hands of few people. As a product manager in West coast, you are blind to most of these activities that happen in East coast.One good thing is I learned a lot about SaaS offerings and how to manage these products.
Great Place, great people good company
Web/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 19, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Neustar
Senior Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 30, 2016
Great company to work for. Not very stable at the moment alot of turnover and change each year. Office culture is not very lively
good and friendly environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 14, 2016
I can overal say good and wonderful company to work. colleagues were humble and friendly, great place to learn new technologies.
Diverse & Empowered Work Environment
Provisioning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2016
Neustar is a dynamic company with a diverse and empowered work force. It is a great place to work and has been voted in the top 15 places to work in Kentucky the last 3 years.

They expect everyone to work hard but, in turn, are very good to their employees. They appreciate work and personal life balance and do a lot to show their employees they're appreciated.

The only reason I am no longer with Neustar is my position was eliminated as the company's direction and mission has changed and many of the jobs in our department were eliminated.
Great place to work with encouraging coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 21, 2016
I loved working for this company. The hours were long, but very worth it. The staff are very good people with positive attitudes. The CEO is friendly and passionate about making Neustar great for employees and customers.
Terribly mismanaged
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
There is absolutely not continuity or standardization throughout the company. Full of old bad habits and over-glorifying management.
Pros
Company sponsored events
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Lots of support from management. Resources usually available. Co-workers were very supportive and helped when asked.
Pros
Interesting work, great people.
Cons
Hard to move into new jobs.
Great people, too much change on top
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 3, 2016
I truly enjoyed the teamwork, life-work balance, and the young spirit of Neustar. For a company with so much energy, it is a shame not to be transparent. There seems to be a huge disconnect within the HR system and between the employees and to the management. A division between the sales teams and rest of the company isn't making it easy either. Also the recent mergers have left them all paralyzed. Cuts come randomly laying off the most hardworking loyal team members without the knowledge of their supervisors.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Lack of transparency
Not very promising
Web Performance Management Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 2, 2016
Lack of motivation from sales reps, manager does not show up 3 days a week. Clear favorites. Would not recommend. GO somewhere else.
Productive Self-Independent and Welcoming Environment
Network Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at Neustar varies between managing, monitoring and troubleshooting low/high priority alerts. I have learned several troubleshooting skills and a variety of Linux commands. Management at Neustar isn't aggressive at all; we work independently with little to no supervision on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is to effectively communicate to customers that have no technical skills and or knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have the ability to grow and learn at the highest point of the company.
Productive, innovative, customer oriented organization
engagement manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling VirginiaJanuary 5, 2016
Great Place to work. Diverse staff. excellent work culture. you work independently but with a Team.
what I learned- How to work with and manage multiple Teams to achieve customer's goal.
Hardest part of the Job - was leaving due to a lay off.
Most enjoyable- working with my clients, visiting them onsite, achieving and satisfying client needs.
Pros
professional training
Cons
not enough interaction amongst internal Teams as most work from home
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 5, 2015
NeuStar UltraDNS Managed Services portal interface enable customers to manage objects remotely in the NeuStar Ultra Services database. The UltraDNS managed services portal web application provides a thin client - server communication model for the customers to manage their Domain Name System (DNS) services. The web application implementation is based on Model View Controller (MVC) architecture. The web application's views are implemented using Smart Client Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (AJAX) Rich Internet Application (RIA). AJAX data communications is handled in JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) format. The controller servlet shall use the Spring MVC based implementation to handle the web application requests.
Pros
...
Cons
....
Good-Louisville Kentucky
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  LouisivlleOctober 22, 2015
Good place to work with good people, could pay more though. I work in Louisville, they are good about making employees feel heard but nothing ever comes of what is said.
15th and 14th Best Place to Work Company last 2 years.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2015
Support desk tech company that is constantly driving a positive culture throughout. Great leadership and a family environment. Engagement committees in place to funnel feedback by the front-line to the leaders around everything from fun activities to improving job tools.
Neustar is a contemporary high tech cybersecurity, interactive marketing organization
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2015
Neustar sets a fine example on team work being a crucial building block to corporate success. It was always status quo and welcomed to interact with colleagues in various departments.
Productive and Fun working place
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 20, 2015
Pros
...
Cons
...
too many re-orgs
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 19, 2015
Over the 1.5 years that I worked there, there were 4 major re-orgs. Company leadership makes too many decisions without thorough planning or giving enough time to see if their changes resulted in positive change. They have also struggled with integrating the companies they acquired. They are very reactionary and hit the "panic button" too often.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
high turnover resulting from constant re-orgs
Typical Sales Job
Senior West Coast Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2014
Days seemed a bit mundane and anything outside of the box that I wanted to get done or do, I took on myself. I took many initiatives to plan team outings as there was NO formal person to do this for us. That was frustrating because this led to a lack of culture. You need a strong and positive culture to have motivated empkoyees and this definitely lacks BIG TIME at Neustar. The only reason we ever did anything fun was because my team rocked and we made sure we went and had fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NeuStar. Our community is ready to answer.