Nevada State College Employee Reviews

not good
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 2, 2016
This school was a let down in every way possible. They closed down a nursing program and still advertise that it exists on their website. They have a regular nursing program but they closed it down and still tell students it exists.
Independent work for students
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 27, 2016
Good for students in college who need extra money. The work place allows for one to stay in the mind frame of school while helping new students go through the same process current students once went through.
Good benefits and compensation.
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 3, 2015
Employees are friendly, knowledgeable, busy environment, fully staffed and most of all hard working. They do their best to help students, staff and parents with all their needs and questions.
Pros
It is part of UNLV, employees have good benefits, good compensation, and part of the State of Nevada
Have an awesome team
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2015
My co-workers and I always work in a team to plan events. We all take turns in being the lead for an event. All the events we plan are for the students to help them become acclimated to college and for them to meet other students.
Pros
I chose my own schedule
Cons
No health benefits
This school was enjoyable to work at
Department of Facilities, Management and Planning (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 28, 2015
This school was enjoyable to work at. I appreciated everyone's assistance on the jobsite. I thoroughly liked participating in everyday activities such as filing, being a mail clerk, and assisting with whatever duty needed to get done. I was able to get along with all the employees and we had great comraderie. There wasn't really a hardest part of my job, as long as I remained focused on the task at hand I was able to diligently work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet all the people that worked inside the school.
Leaps and bounds of growth
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 22, 2015
NSC is a relatively new college. Because of this, growth is an everyday occurance. It's a great learning environment for both the staff and the students. Employees never get bored because we are constantly learning new duties and switching from one duty to another often.
Pros
Great experience, great benefits
Cons
Current manager
Undergraduate Laboratory Setting
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 10, 2015
Nevada State College gave me the ability to perform research for two years, which allowed me to realize that I wanted to perform research and not become a doctor. I learned so much in my undergraduate research experience and it allowed me to apply the techniques and knowledge I learned in the classroom to real world scenarios.

Although research is not for everyone. It is tedious work and many times you are on your own without a lot of guidance. You have to be self motivated and have the ability to try again if something fails.
Very busy and productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 13, 2015
Always very busy with special projects for the Students. Learned all about working on a Federal Grant program. I overlooked all the student workers and coordinated all their job duties and projects.
The hardest part of the job was when the School would not approve funding on certain projects.
The best part of the job was to see how the students advanced and helping their families understand the importance of education.
Pros
Getting to meet all the families and the students.
Cons
No benefits available to contract workers.
Good for Students
COORDINATOR FOR THE STUDENT ACADEMIC CENTER (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 25, 2014
Variable hours, easy going management, not too serious. Could be more generous with hours. Overall not too bad.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hours are low
Working as an Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Working as an adjunct instructor requires a great deal of self-discipline and self-direction. Interaction with students is the most rewarding aspect of this profession.
Loved it!!!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 15, 2013
I worked there for a year in a half and loved ever minute of it! The staff is so down to earth, there was never a boring day for me.
Pros
Friendly staff, the people you meet and interact with, the events, free food
Cons
Rude phone calls
NSC TRIO Upward Bound: Small Grassroots Program but Growing
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 17, 2013
NSC TRIO Upward Bound provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves: high school students from low-income families; and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.
Pros
First generation students have an opportunity to attend college.
Cons
No student support once student enter college, limited space and adminstration support is lacking
Productive and fun workplace for a student
Summer Student Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 18, 2013
Hardest part of the job is unloading all the books that come in for the new semester. Other than that you can do your homework when you are not busy since you have to maintain a current GPA to have a "student" job at the school. Makes work/school balance easy!!
Pros
free food, meet new people, do homework when not busy
Cons
loadind dock is hot in the summer
Productive and an exciting work place.
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 22, 2012
Working at Nevada State College for the TRIO Upward Bound Program was an amazing experience. The co-workers were always funny and fun to be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nevada State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3