New Albany Country Club Employee Reviews

Good learning experience
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 23, 2017
Management is very kind and helpful. Co-workers really make you feel welcomed and necessary in the workday. Because of this being a non-commercial workplace, hours will fluctuate.
Do not apply here
Bath and tennis (Former Employee) –  Bath and tennisMarch 28, 2017
You will be taken advantage of. Absolutely stay away from here especially in the aquatic positions. You wil not get paid any more than 12.00 an hour to do more than you'll ever know. It is not worth it. I worked there for more than 7 years and i left realizing how brainwashed I was by management.
Cons
Worst experience of my life
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I would say that if you have any self respect that you will be very dissatisfied with working here. The Management team is so utterly disrespectful and unprofessional. Constant verbal abuse, not only to the staff but toward the members. If the members knew the way the managers talked about them, they would have no members. I have never been so shocked the attitude of those who consider themselves leaders. Every day was worse than the last. If you do work here and suffer any abuse, don't expect to get relief for reporting an incident. It will only get worse. The dining room is a joke and if the kitchen makes a mistake, the retribution will surely fall on the server's shoulders for a long time to come. If you wonder why they are always hiring and have such a high turn over of service and bartending staff, these are only a few reasons.
Pros
none i can think of.
Cons
you name it
Do not work here!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I've been in the industry for many years and this is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Horrible, vindictive and unprofessional management. And don't you dare tell on their inappropriate behavior... You will be retaliated against at all cost. You are nothing but a number! Also, if you think your hourly wage is good...Think again. You have to pay very high New Albany taxes in addition to the taxes where you live. Double taxed!!!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Horrible, vindictive mgmt.
management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2016
I have dealt with a lot of different management at New Albany Country Club. Some were good and some were bad. I dislike when managers just have attitudes for no reason and just think that they are so much better than the average person. I like to be able to come to my manager and be able to open up and talk about anything.
Family comes first at the country club . Very clean and private
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 11, 2016
A fun place for kids to go while their parents are out on the golf course . Some could be there all day or just 20 minutes . They got charged every minute of being there . Staff was amazing but management could use some work. At times I felt belittled by the managment which is why I didn't last very long .
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Manager, overly careless parents, staff wasn't treated equal
Family Environment - Great Place to Work
Server (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 12, 2016
Very rare these days to find a job where you know you are appreciated and cared about. Lots of long term employees here to prove that fact. I am not just an employee but part of a family. Members are fantastic!
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Uniforms, Free Parking, Great Health Insurance for a person who only needs single coverage.
Cons
Expensive Family Health Insurance
Bath&Tennis
Locker Room Attendant/Housekeeper/Landry Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Management sucks. They only care about the club, you can't go overtime and if needed, they'll cut your hours. You get hired for a position and end up doing all the positions for only $10/hr. No chances to grow and you do 5 areas at a time....
This place is always short staff, so be ready to cover all the areas.
Pros
Free lunches (sometimes it sucks thou), great team work between employees
Cons
benefits suck, managers expect you to get 5 areas done
Awful place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2016
I don't recommend working at New Albany Country Club to anyone. Awful management and they don't care about their employees. No room for advancement and everyone is under paid. Anyone would be overqualified to work here unless you're 16 years old.
Pros
Great connections with high end members
Cons
No room for advancement, they don't care about their employees, under paid for what you do
It's a job
Locker Room Attendant/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHApril 18, 2016
They don't really appear to care about employees only about production. When employees don't feel like you care about them production goes down, so they aren't really getting the best that they can from their staff.
Wonderful employees; semi-apt management.
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 19, 2015
Overall, good place to work. Management a little wonky and plays favoritism. Not the best of compensation for work being done.

Also, was not permitted a maternity leave and was fired.
Pros
Fellow employees, work environment.
Cons
No breaks, poor management.
Cafe and grill
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  New AlbanyMarch 16, 2015
Worked in a hut by the pool, surprisingly fun. Cafe was simple, hand out pre made salads or cook grilled cheese or chicken sandwiches.
Grill out by the pool made burgers, hot dogs and fries. Huge rush during pool breaks.
Friday nights we had special cookouts normally alfresco pizzas.
Pros
Free Lunches, Fun in the sun
Cons
Seasonal
A high turnover, not alot of training, and dealing with seaonal work staff
Sports Café Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 14, 2015
I opened the Sports Cafe, prepared coffee, served the members, did a restock of daily needs,cleaned, payroll, cleaned fryers, managed the staff in all three areas.

I learned hard work, long hours, and what it takes to keep members happy,

It was difficult dealing with the high turnover and training, but it we still found a way to get close.

The constant training, lack of support, and an absent manager

Building relationships with members, knowing their order before they order, and their satisfaction.
Pros
Direct contact with members, benefits
Cons
no breaks, no consistent schedule
Its ok if you only plan to be there for a short amount of time.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 16, 2014
There is no advancement opportunities, the longer you stay there the more the company walks over you. You get to work 6 or 7 days a week sometimes without overtime. They will cut your hours so you can work those days and not get over 40 hours. Management doesn't like if anyone speaks the truth, they only want to hear what they want.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Benefits stink, no overtime, no advancements, hardly any raises
LMT (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 11, 2014
The country club is a great place to work with a lot of flexibility.
Fun work place to a point
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHMay 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working with this company. The extra benefits such as employee of the month recognition and reward are a definite plus but the work life balance as you climb the ranks is almost non-existant on one side of the street.
Pros
Free lunch, recognition beneftis
Cons
poor work-life balance
awesome club with great learning opprotunities
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 25, 2013
learned so much there and helped me get promoted to and be a leader in the food and beverage industry
Pros
great benifits and workplace, structure
Great people to work with. Very well taken care of as an employee and independent contractor.
New Albany, OH (Current Employee) –  Personal trainer/fitness instructorNovember 8, 2011
It was the best decision I ever made to start working at the country club. The experience, growth, and relationships built from my time at the club shaped who I am now and have furthered my career directly. I worked with managers who were pushing for the growth of their employees, it was a great environment as an employee.