New Albany Country Club Employee Reviews in United States

It's a job
Locker Room Attendant/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHApril 18, 2016
They don't really appear to care about employees only about production. When employees don't feel like you care about them production goes down, so they aren't really getting the best that they can from their staff.
Cafe and grill
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  New AlbanyMarch 16, 2015
Worked in a hut by the pool, surprisingly fun. Cafe was simple, hand out pre made salads or cook grilled cheese or chicken sandwiches.
Grill out by the pool made burgers, hot dogs and fries. Huge rush during pool breaks.
Friday nights we had special cookouts normally alfresco pizzas.
Pros
free lunches, fun in the sun
Cons
seasonal
A high turnover, not alot of training, and dealing with seaonal work staff
Sports Café Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 14, 2015
I opened the Sports Cafe, prepared coffee, served the members, did a restock of daily needs,cleaned, payroll, cleaned fryers, managed the staff in all three areas.

I learned hard work, long hours, and what it takes to keep members happy,

It was difficult dealing with the high turnover and training, but it we still found a way to get close.

The constant training, lack of support, and an absent manager

Building relationships with members, knowing their order before they order, and their satisfaction.
Pros
direct contact with members, benefits
Cons
no breaks, no consistent schedule
Its ok if you only plan to be there for a short amount of time.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 16, 2014
There is no advancement opportunities, the longer you stay there the more the company walks over you. You get to work 6 or 7 days a week sometimes without overtime. They will cut your hours so you can work those days and not get over 40 hours. Management doesn't like if anyone speaks the truth, they only want to hear what they want.
Pros
good workers
Cons
benefits stink, no overtime, no advancements, hardly any raises
LMT (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 11, 2014
The country club is a great place to work with a lot of flexibility.
Fun work place to a point
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHMay 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working with this company. The extra benefits such as employee of the month recognition and reward are a definite plus but the work life balance as you climb the ranks is almost non-existant on one side of the street.
Pros
free lunch, recognition beneftis
Cons
poor work-life balance
awesome club with great learning opprotunities
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 25, 2013
learned so much there and helped me get promoted to and be a leader in the food and beverage industry
Pros
great benifits and workplace, structure
Great people to work with. Very well taken care of as an employee and independent contractor.
New Albany, OH (Current Employee) –  Personal trainer/fitness instructorNovember 8, 2011
It was the best decision I ever made to start working at the country club. The experience, growth, and relationships built from my time at the club shaped who I am now and have furthered my career directly. I worked with managers who were pushing for the growth of their employees, it was a great environment as an employee.

2.7